PDA

View Full Version : Season ticket renewals and purchases

PatHead
25-07-2014, 12:20 PM
A lot of supporters have stated they are not renewing until things improve at Easter Road.

We now have a new manager (Coach), a new independently minded CEO, a whole new coaching staff and structure, Sam Stanton re-signing, 3 new signings which most posters would moan bitterly if they had gone to our rivals and a concerted effort by the club to engage with fans.

What else needs to be done to encourage you to renew?

How many are renewing before the payment plan expires?

IanM
25-07-2014, 12:26 PM
A lot of supporters have stated they are not renewing until things improve at Easter Road.

We now have a new manager (Coach), a new independently minded CEO, a whole new coaching staff and structure, Sam Stanton re-signing, 3 new signings which most posters would moan bitterly if they had gone to our rivals and a concerted effort by the club to engage with fans.

Have we not had 5 new signings? including Combe..

A win at Rangers would probably help the cause.. it's amazing what one victory would do (not sure if this is before or after the cut off).

I think some fans, and maybe quite rightly, won't renew this season until we have a winning side on the park. they'll turn into walk up fans for the season

beat rangers, Livi and hearts and I reckon the half season tickets are a shoe in!

Ringothedog
25-07-2014, 12:28 PM

It will make no difference to those fans that are not going to renew. We could sign the german national team and they would still complain. There are a significant number of fans who ( and I can understand why) are so pissed off that they may never return and are totally negative towards everything Hibernian does.

TheFamous1875
25-07-2014, 12:36 PM
If we beat Rangers, Livingston and Hearts, we'll see a surge in ticket sales. Alan Stubbs should be able to tactically outshine his opponents. We have lots of options in midfield now with Allan joining, so we should dictate our games if our midfield is deployed properly against Rangers' or Hearts' poorer midfielders.

Here's a song I just thought of on the spot (and that's where it'll stay)

Robbie Neilson, doesnae ken what he's dainnnnn

John Mcglynn, doesnae ken what he's daiiinn

Peter Houston, doesnae ken what he's daiiinn

And Ally McCoist, he cannae play without spending!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Diclonius
25-07-2014, 12:37 PM
It will make no difference to those fans that are not going to renew. We could sign the german national team and they would still complain. There are a significant number of fans who ( and I can understand why) are so pissed off that they may never return and are totally negative towards everything Hibernian does.

:top marks

I've been incessantly negative since around March (with IMO good reason) but I genuinely believe steps are being taken to put us in the right direction now and can see good reason for any Hibs fan to now purchase a season ticket. However, I can fully understand those who want to hold off and wait for results on the pitch. A couple wins against Rangers and Hearts next week could do more for our ST sales than any signings can.

I renewed weeks ago so this is entirely irrelevant of course. :wink:

lord bunberry
25-07-2014, 12:43 PM
We have to accept that we're not going to shift many more season tickets, most people will adopt a wait and see policy. If we start the season well and look like we're going to mount some sort of challenge then fans will return by patg and maybe get half season tickets. Lots of people have simply had enough and want to see the club make the first move for a change. The good thing is that I sense that most lapsed season ticket holders are waiting and hoping for an upturn in fortunes and will be back if it materialises.

RIP
25-07-2014, 12:45 PM
There are a significant number of fans who ( and I can understand why) are so pissed off that they may never return and are totally negative towards everything Hibernian does.

Whay would a significant number of fans be totally negative about everything Hibernian does?

I can understand the negativity towards board and management - too may failures, too many false dawns

But negative about Hibernian FC?

I don't accept that you know how a significant number of fans feel. You can only say how you feel

GGTTH

Brightside
25-07-2014, 12:46 PM
I think we will sell plenty more once people hear or see our improved football.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-07-2014, 12:52 PM
If we beat Rangers, Livingston and Hearts, we'll see a surge in ticket sales. Alan Stubbs should be able to tactically outshine his opponents. We have lots of options in midfield now with Allan joining, so we should dictate our games if our midfield is deployed properly against Rangers' or Hearts' poorer midfielders.

Paul Weller will not have too much trouble getting to sleep tonight! :)

percy veer
25-07-2014, 01:01 PM
i think the 1st 2 games in the league are massive for hibs, but if we end up getting beat off hearts again it will end up being back to the same old routine, there is only so many times you can constantly be let down and let your rivals proceed to kick you in the stones, I hope we do win though but actions speak louder than words

HibbyDave
25-07-2014, 01:02 PM
It's unlikely that many more ST's will be sold as there is simply no need for one. If you want to go to a match you can be certain there will be seats available for games at ER. I accept that tickets for Cup ties (away) will be more difficult to get but there is not much else going to affect the sales.
Maybe we need a points system/loyalty reward scheme?

of course, if you know who from the boardroom decides to go (for the good of the club),he could even sell his 10% holding to fans only and the club could offer a board placement for a fans representative drawn at random from the buyers?

PatHead
25-07-2014, 01:08 PM
It's unlikely that many more ST's will be sold as there is simply no need for one. If you want to go to a match you can be certain there will be seats available for games at ER. I accept that tickets for Cup ties (away) will be more difficult to get but there is not much else going to affect the sales.

of course, if you know who from the boardroom decides to go (for the good of the club),he could even sell his 10% holding to fans only and the club could offer a board placement for a fans representative drawn at random from the buyers?

There is as we need money for the player budget.

Diclonius
25-07-2014, 01:15 PM
There is as we need money for the player budget.

I think the context of the argument was value to the consumer, not the business. I see where you're coming from though.

mutley
25-07-2014, 01:18 PM
I think that if we have a good run up to Xmas, we might see a surge in half season ticket sales, but I'm not expecting many more to buy just now. (Even though I think people should to help the club) but I can understand why they won't

S4uzee
25-07-2014, 01:19 PM

Yeah kind of agree in terms on money. I see the Livingston game is priced at £22 for an adult. I'd assume all the other games will be £22 bar Rangers and Hearts 4 times at say £28 so this equals £420. The price of a ST in the east is £405 therefore if you are unable to attend one game, you lose out.

Gatecrasher
25-07-2014, 01:22 PM

Normally I would be asking a similar questions, I think this time around Hibs have to prove to those lapsed fans that the corner is being turned. If we have a good first half to the season I'm in little doubt that the half season tickets will sell extremely well.

lugz
25-07-2014, 01:24 PM
Despite Stubbs, Dempster and the new signings coming in I'm still not renewing.

Tin hat on here and I'm the first to admit once the team start producing and the fans are given something back from the club I'll be back but until then I'll enjoy the weekends with the family.

Turkish Green
25-07-2014, 01:28 PM
Have we not had 5 new signings? including Combe..

A win at Rangers would probably help the cause.. it's amazing what one victory would do (not sure if this is before or after the cut off).

I think some fans, and maybe quite rightly, won't renew this season until we have a winning side on the park. they'll turn into walk up fans for the season

beat rangers, Livi and hearts and I reckon the half season tickets are a shoe in!

Hibs have to hit the ground running. After last season I can see the fans turning negative very quickly if they do not come out with a decent showing in the first 5 league fixtures. An unbeaten pre-season will mean nothing if they do not take 3 pts from the first league game. The PBS will be a massive game and could set off the rest of the season. Win that game and the crowds will return.

southern hibby
25-07-2014, 01:35 PM
I renewed this morning. I said if I seen quality I would renew. Scott to me was an outstanding player for DU. Exactly the type we should be going after.

When he left to go to WBA, I never for a second thought he would be back at us. Again with our new right back I'n place, who left them to join Man U.

May just be my view on things But AS seems to be getting I'n players that were very good that he feels he and his coaching staff can reignite their careers or improve what he has seen of them.

I have been very impressed with our pre-season of football on the deck and keeping possession. We do need other players but it's what I've seen that made me renew.

GGTTH

Greenheart
25-07-2014, 02:11 PM
There does seem to be large blocks of seats that were available at the beginning of the week on the site that are now greyed out can't believe we have sold that many though would be pleased if we have.

SanFranHibs
25-07-2014, 03:00 PM

Tin hat on here and I'm the first to admit once the team start producing and the fans are given something back from the club I'll be back but until then I'll enjoy the weekends with the family.

Do you really believe it??

:wink:

Ringothedog
25-07-2014, 03:02 PM
Whay would a significant number of fans be totally negative about everything Hibernian does?

I can understand the negativity towards board and management - too may failures, too many false dawns

I don't accept that you know how a significant number of fans feel. You can only say how you feel

GGTTH

I feel positive about my club and have done so since Butcher was sacked thank you very much.

Regards my other point, I have spoken to quite a few Hibs supporters consisting of lapsed ST holders, walk ups and non attenders, the vast majority are totally p'd off by everything Hibs. Whether you like it or not there are 1000's out there who are unhappy with things from Petrie still being there to the colour of our strip to the price of tickets, it is going to be long hard slog to get them back on board.

livi hibby
25-07-2014, 03:33 PM
petrie out the door would help a lot imo pump the hearts and the rangers beat the rest sit top of the league and a good run the Scottish might change peoples minds

lugz
25-07-2014, 03:35 PM
Do you really believe it??

the wee one is only coming up for 2 so its enjoyable at the moment haha.

Lago
25-07-2014, 03:43 PM
I feel positive about my club and have done so since Butcher was sacked thank you very much.

Regards my other point, I have spoken to quite a few Hibs supporters consisting of lapsed ST holders, walk ups and non attenders, the vast majority are totally p'd off by everything Hibs. Whether you like it or not there are 1000's out there who are unhappy with things from Petrie still being there to the colour of our strip to the price of tickets, it is going to be long hard slog to get them back on board.
Your absolutely correct, alot will never be back, once you start selecting games as a walk up supporter it does not take long before you just stop going altogether, weather is awful just stay at home, opposition is crap, just stay at home and so it goes on.

WhileTheChief..
25-07-2014, 04:05 PM

GGTTH

Well said. Totally bugs me when folk on here think they are speaking on behalf of a section of the Hibs support when it's only their own view in reality.

Folk on here that complain about other Hibs fans are as bad as the folk they are complaining about!

skipster7
25-07-2014, 04:09 PM

Can i ask what tune would this classic roll of the tongue to ?:greengrin

Pretty Boy
25-07-2014, 04:30 PM
There's still people waiting to buy STs if we sign Mcpake and vote against Rangers getting back into the league.

The only thing that will see crowds increase is results on the football pitch.

Keith_M
25-07-2014, 04:41 PM

I heard that 95% of non-renewers agree with you.

Ringothedog
25-07-2014, 04:55 PM
I heard that 95% of non-renewers agree with you.

I would agree but the stat is that approx. 50% of the 5% of the 95% are not too sure whether they are negative, positive or neutral towards Hibernian. The rest are either positive or negative or neutral but depending on whether Petrie leaves, we change our home strip to the traditional white sleeves, drop ticket prices then 21% of the 5% of the 95% will either go to games or not.

Stats eh!

Keith_M
25-07-2014, 05:59 PM
I would agree but the stat is that approx. 50% of the 5% of the 95% are not too sure whether they are negative, positive or neutral towards Hibernian. The rest are either positive or negative or neutral but depending on whether Petrie leaves, we change our home strip to the traditional white sleeves, drop ticket prices then 21% of the 5% of the 95% will either go to games or not.

Stats eh!

I was with you all the way up to the word 'but'.

Malthibby
25-07-2014, 06:28 PM
I was with you all the way up to the word 'but'.

I'm with you, 105%..:top marksor 11 1/2.

Pretty Boy
25-07-2014, 06:40 PM
I'm with you, 105%..:top marksor 11 1/2.

95% of posters agree with this. FACT.

emerald green
25-07-2014, 06:47 PM
The damage done to the club during the disastrous period under the charge of Butcher and Malpas in particular, resulting in a humiliating relegation, will take a lot of work to repair.

A lot of excellent work appears to have been done already by those now in charge of the club, and hopefully in time that hard work will pay dividends on the pitch. Maybe only then will some very disillusioned people come back to ER, and/or renew season tickets.

I'm not looking for miracles this season. IMHO supporters should be realistic about the coming season (nothing wrong with being optimistic either!). If the club does manage to gain promotion in one season it would be an amazing achievement and turnaround from that awful capitulation against Hamilton Accies.

I also fear that some might turn on the coaches and players should Hibs lose to the Huns and/or the Yaks. The season wont be decided on those two games alone.

bigwheel
25-07-2014, 07:02 PM
The damage done to the club during the disastrous period under the charge of Butcher and Malpas in particular, resulting in a humiliating relegation, will take a lot of work to repair.

A lot of excellent work appears to have been done already by those now in charge of the club, and hopefully in time that hard work will pay dividends on the pitch. Maybe only then will some very disillusioned people come back to ER, and/or renew season tickets.

I'm not looking for miracles this season. IMHO supporters should be realistic about the coming season (nothing wrong with being optimistic either!). If the club does manage to gain promotion in one season it would be an amazing achievement and turnaround from that awful capitulation against Hamilton Accies.

I also fear that some might turn on the coaches and players should Hibs lose to the Huns and/or the Yaks. The season wont be decided on those two games alone.

A well considered post.....it's understandable fans want to see some early results and progress. It's more likely though we will see some blips in the early stages of this season. To go up this season would be a great achievement - I'll be happy to still be in touching distance by Christmas and look to kick on in the second half

emerald green
25-07-2014, 07:07 PM
A well considered post.....it's understandable fans want to see some early results and progress. It's more likely though we will see some blips in the early stages of this season. To go up this season would be a great achievement - I'll be happy to still be in touching distance by Christmas and look to kick on in the second half

:agree: :aok:

clerriehibs
26-07-2014, 10:04 AM

I've renewed, and did so under the original early doors. Had relegation been on the cards then, I'd still have renewed ... and I'm not sure I'd have been more pissed at Hibs had we gone down and in that manner rather than the pathetic surrender that took us down.

But I completely understand those that aren't renewing until the club has improved. Almost all your points are "changes" and cannot yet be labelled improvements.

And I don't care how often she claims otherwise, but until Petrie has gone, we don't have an independently minded CEO.

Scouse Hibee
26-07-2014, 10:07 AM
I've renewed, and did so under the original early doors. Had relegation been on the cards then, I'd still have renewed ... and I'm not sure I'd have been more pissed at Hibs had we gone down and in that manner rather than the pathetic surrender that took us down.

But I completely understand those that aren't renewing until the club has improved. Almost all your points are "changes" and cannot yet be labelled improvements.

And I don't care how often she claims otherwise, but until Petrie has gone, we don't have an independently minded CEO.

I disagree and so does our CEO.

Onion
26-07-2014, 10:27 AM

First 4 or 5 games of the new season will tell us everything about where Hibs currently stand. There will be no hiding place.

Borderhibbie76
26-07-2014, 11:59 AM
Ive just renewed this morning, despite saying all summer I wouldn't. But the Allan signing and Cummings new contract has me believing things might finally be changing for the better. Time to stop harking on about last season, yes it hurt like hell but its done now...lets get behind Stubbs and LD and get Hibs back where we belong!!

whiskyhibby
26-07-2014, 12:01 PM
Ive just renewed this morning, despite saying all summer I wouldn't. But the Allan signing and Cummings new contract has me believing things might finally be changing for the better. Time to stop harking on about last season, yes it hurt like hell but its done now...lets get behind Stubbs and LD and get Hibs back where we belong!!

Well said.............onwards and upwards, no point in looking back GGTTH

Nevi_SOL
26-07-2014, 12:04 PM

I understand what you mean but how will you know haha

GGTTH

Argylehibby
26-07-2014, 12:18 PM

I can't believe people still come up with this. Look at the simple fact of Butcher getting his jotters. RP did not sack him in fact according to some he had told Butcher his job was safe. In come's the new CEO, speaks to butcher and he gets the bullet.

LD is nobody's puppet and like all CEO's in every business has to take her recommendations on the way forward to the Board. Heaven help the board if they don't back her though.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2014, 12:18 PM
I will renew defo but it will be at last minute and need to change seats as the club sold our ones from last season.

SteveHFC
26-07-2014, 12:22 PM
I will renew defo but it will be at last minute and need to change seats as the club sold our ones from last season.

The club done the same with mines. Now sitting in the East for this season and possibly for the next decade :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2014, 12:28 PM
The club done the same with mines. Now sitting in the East for this season and possibly for the next decade :greengrin

I was in the East last season and the season before and will be again this season. The person I go with has renewed theirs, two rows above last seasons seats :greengrin

SteveHFC
26-07-2014, 12:35 PM
I was in the East last season and the season before and will be again this season. The person I go with has renewed theirs, two rows above last seasons seats :greengrin

Which Section bud? :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2014, 12:39 PM
Which Section bud? :greengrin

42 mate. You? :thumbsup:

SteveHFC
26-07-2014, 12:39 PM
42 mate. You? :thumbsup:

41 :thumbsup:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2014, 12:40 PM
41 :thumbsup:

:greengrin

SteveHFC
26-07-2014, 12:44 PM

down-the-slope
26-07-2014, 01:01 PM
I had made mind up not to (but with tomorrows game part of ST deal its last chance saloon) - far more reasons not to than to renew (i'm normally an early Bird re-newer)

Reasons To

It gives club cash up front to invest
Gives priority to me for tickets for cup and away (although with small allocations for many this will not now necessarily be enough to get one)
Same seat every home game (Far less important now as I would not be in a group)
I know if I don't I am more and more likely to go less and less

Reasons NOT To

No cash benefit to me as ST no longer is the most cost effective v pay per match (also don't have to pay all in advance)
The constant TV fixture changes mean I have missed many games over last few seasons and may be worse not better this year
Print at home tickets mean its not inconvenient to have a ticket in advance with no hassle / no extra cost / able choose seat
My girls after years of having an ST with me (used in rotation - with the other one doing something with Mum) are now so busy with school and their other commitments (as well as missing even more games than I have last few seasons due to TV changes) are not keen on renewing - for me they joy of spending time with my girls has often been the only benefit of watching Hibs in recent seasons
Don't then feel obliged to go (as cash spent) when weathers honking / opposition is not attractive to me / other family commitments conflict

Ringothedog
26-07-2014, 01:11 PM
I had made mind up not to (but with tomorrows game part of ST deal its last chance saloon) - far more reasons not to than to renew (i'm normally an early Bird re-newer)

Reasons To

It gives club cash up front to invest
Gives priority to me for tickets for cup and away (although with small allocations for many this will not now necessarily be enough to get one)
Same seat every home game (Far less important now as I would not be in a group)
I know if I don't I am more and more likely to go less and less

Reasons NOT To

No cash benefit to me as ST no longer is the most cost effective v pay per match (also don't have to pay all in advance)
The constant TV fixture changes mean I have missed many games over last few seasons and may be worse not better this year
Print at home tickets mean its not inconvenient to have a ticket in advance with no hassle / no extra cost / able choose seat
My girls after years of having an ST with me (used in rotation - with the other one doing something with Mum) are now so busy with school and their other commitments (as well as missing even more games than I have last few seasons due to TV changes) are not keen on renewing - for me they joy of spending time with my girls has often been the only benefit of watching Hibs in recent seasons
Don't then feel obliged to go (as cash spent) when weathers honking / opposition is not attractive to me / other family commitments conflict

Get to the point man!! Are you renewing or not ?

basehibby
26-07-2014, 01:45 PM
I won't be getting a ST this season and the reason is simply that it's not going to be cost effective for me. I'm pretty much definately not going to make it along to every home game - at a guess I'll probably get along to about 12 of the 18 - and I don't think I'll have a problem picking up a brief as a walk up fan for any match this season.

I appreciate that getting a ST is akin to being a member of a club, that the club benefits from having cash up front, and that some don't mind effectively paying a bit extra as it will benefit the manager's kitty. That's fine for some but I don't feel I can justify that with the current state of my own finances.

So - in answer to the OP's question - "what can the club do to persuade me to stump up in advance" (paraphrasing here) - my answer is, to make available a membership scheme whereby one can buy credits/ticket tokens in advance but perhaps in lesser blocks than for a whole season's worth (eg blocks of £50/100). If the club were to make an option such as this available I would have no problem stumping up eg £200 in advance. I would know I was going to use it all and would be happy to spend the money up front if I knew it would benefit the club's signing strategy etc.

NB - this would also open up great opportunities for selling tickets as "gift tokens". My dad told me he contacted the club a year or so ago looking for exactly such an option in order to get me a birthday/xmas pressy - but the only option available at the time was to buy a half ST which was just too much of an outlay for him.

So - Leanne - if you're reading in - here is a great and somewhat revolutionary idea for opening up ST/membership options for the fans as well as presenting options for loved ones to shower us with the Hibernian match tickets that we REALLY want in quantities of their own choosing at birthdays & xmas as an alternative to crap jumpers/cinema/book tokens which they usually get us when they run out of ideas.

GloriousHibs
26-07-2014, 01:56 PM
Promised myself that on leaving the Hamilton game with my 8 year old that I would never step back in the place without seeing a board business plan that would see the club restored to a position to reflect size, wealth and fan base .

However here's me in today renewing seasons on payment plan and spending 36 quid on a bairns away shirt.

Must be mental, canny help myself. Need that electric shock treatment I think. Petrie relies on dingles like me

PatHead
26-07-2014, 02:05 PM
I won't be getting a ST this season and the reason is simply that it's not going to be cost effective for me. I'm pretty much definately not going to make it along to every home game - at a guess I'll probably get along to about 12 of the 18 - and I don't think I'll have a problem picking up a brief as a walk up fan for any match this season.

I appreciate that getting a ST is akin to being a member of a club, that the club benefits from having cash up front, and that some don't mind effectively paying a bit extra as it will benefit the manager's kitty. That's fine for some but I don't feel I can justify that with the current state of my own finances.

So - in answer to the OP's question - "what can the club do to persuade me to stump up in advance" (paraphrasing here) - my answer is, to make available a membership scheme whereby one can buy credits/ticket tokens in advance but perhaps in lesser blocks than for a whole season's worth (eg blocks of £50/100). If the club were to make an option such as this available I would have no problem stumping up eg £200 in advance. I would know I was going to use it all and would be happy to spend the money up front if I knew it would benefit the club's signing strategy etc.

NB - this would also open up great opportunities for selling tickets as "gift tokens". My dad told me he contacted the club a year or so ago looking for exactly such an option in order to get me a birthday/xmas pressy - but the only option available at the time was to buy a half ST which was just too much of an outlay for him.

So - Leanne - if you're reading in - here is a great and somewhat revolutionary idea for opening up ST/membership options for the fans as well as presenting options for loved ones to shower us with the Hibernian match tickets that we REALLY want in quantities of their own choosing at birthdays & xmas as an alternative to crap jumpers/cinema/book tokens which they usually get us when they run out of ideas.

This has been discussed in the past. The problem is that it would definitely affect season ticket sales. I am sure it will be looked at again. I know I am going off topic again but I believe we should make the price £22 , £5 kids and if bought online before matchday and £23, £15 kids if pay at the gate

basehibby
26-07-2014, 02:24 PM
This has been discussed in the past. The problem is that it would definitely affect season ticket sales. I am sure it will be looked at again. I know I am going off topic again but I believe we should make the price £22 , £5 kids and if bought online before matchday and £23, £15 kids if pay at the gate

Fair enough - personally I think it could be made to result in a net gain - but that's based on nothing more than instinct. The way I would approach it would be a 3 tiered cost mechanism - Gold for full STs - Silver for partial advanced sales and Bronze for standard walk up. With the right benefits in place I think current ST holders could be persuaded to retain their current arrangements while still making the advanced match tokens option available to fans like me as well as gift token customers.

Borderhibbie76
26-07-2014, 02:33 PM
Promised myself that on leaving the Hamilton game with my 8 year old that I would never step back in the place without seeing a board business plan that would see the club restored to a position to reflect size, wealth and fan base .

However here's me in today renewing seasons on payment plan and spending 36 quid on a bairns away shirt.

Must be mental, canny help myself. Need that electric shock treatment I think. Petrie relies on dingles like me

Me too mate, swore blind I wasnt renewing all Summer but the few bits of good news this week had me down today renewing and buying the away top. No matter what I just cannae keep away...its in the blood!!

down-the-slope
26-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Get to the point man!! Are you renewing or not ?

Nope - need to stick to head on this one.

Lets say I make 14 games (thats optimistic given that its a certainty that Hearts & The Rangers will be moved to times not suitable AT LEAST) then £22 * 14 = £308 v £405 for ST... a difference of £97

Billy Whizz
26-07-2014, 03:13 PM
Nope - need to stick to head on this one.

Lets say I make 14 games (thats optimistic given that its a certainty that Hearts & The Rangers will be moved to times not suitable AT LEAST) then £22 * 14 = £308 v £405 for ST... a difference of £97

Fair point, but do you not see the £97 as a gift to Hibs? My youngest daughter, aged 23, paid £380 for her season ticket and only makes around 8/10 home games per year as she works in Retail and is usually unable to make Saturday's. She's quite happy to buy one and support Hibs

basehibby
26-07-2014, 03:31 PM
Fair point, but do you not see the £97 as a gift to Hibs? My youngest daughter, aged 23, paid £380 for her season ticket and only makes around 8/10 home games per year as she works in Retail and is usually unable to make Saturday's. She's quite happy to buy one and support Hibs

Very commendable Billy but not everybody sees the club as a charity - many of us see it essentially as a value transaction for entertainment and/or simply cannot afford to give away money in the way you describe. Personally, if the club were in danger of going down the pan as the Jamboloids have recently experienced I would get my hand in my pocket to help ensure it didn't happen. But they're not.

Also, if we were talking about a fan ownership arrangement then I'd more than likely contribute - but then that is not a money for nothing situation either.

Basically, the "gift to Hibs" scenario you describe is above and beyond the call of duty and is something that should not be relied upon to keep any football club (read entertainment business) ticking over.

down-the-slope
26-07-2014, 03:41 PM

Billy the thing is if I GAVE hibs the £97...it would be just that.....If I bought an ST the the £97 would in fact be reduced by the effect if VAT as a ST is a purchase..something I did briefly mention to Leeann (in a wider context) and she said she would like to discuss at some point...

Billy Whizz
26-07-2014, 03:51 PM
Billy the thing is if I GAVE hibs the £97...it would be just that.....If I bought an ST the the £97 would in fact be reduced by the effect if VAT as a ST is a purchase..something I did briefly mention to Leeann (in a wider context) and she said she would like to discuss at some point...

Interesting look at things, say a season ticket at £150 and a gift to Hibs for £200, both would be quids in, but is it legal?

down-the-slope
26-07-2014, 04:15 PM
Interesting look at things, say a season ticket at £150 and a gift to Hibs for £200, both would be quids in, but is it legal?

:shocked: maybe best to delete that....but you are not far away from my thinking but the crux is making it legal and something that would not be advertised as reducing vat ...but lets say we have a membership scheme that includes 'points' for all purchases and donations (the Hibernians is a donation for instance) that way someone can get 'credit' for their input to our club in what ever way

clerriehibs
26-07-2014, 04:26 PM
I disagree and so does our CEO.

Whatever Rod says.

clerriehibs
26-07-2014, 04:30 PM
I can't believe people still come up with this. Look at the simple fact of Butcher getting his jotters. RP did not sack him in fact according to some he had told Butcher his job was safe. In come's the new CEO, speaks to butcher and he gets the bullet.

LD is nobody's puppet and like all CEO's in every business has to take her recommendations on the way forward to the Board. Heaven help the board if they don't back her though.

Supposition and hearsay, re your claims re Butcher.

I can't believe people are still saying she must have full and independent control because she says so.

Scouse Hibee
26-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Whatever Rod says.

Makes more sense than you.

stewpot
26-07-2014, 04:52 PM
I think we will sell plenty more once people hear or see our improved football.

if people wait till 2 or 3 games in, then there will be no value in gettign a season ticket as the price will be cheaper to walk up

Eyrie
26-07-2014, 04:54 PM
Supposition and hearsay, re your claims re Butcher.

I can't believe people are still saying she must have full and independent control because she says so.

And I can't believe people are still saying she must be a puppet for Petrie because they say so.

Dempster has a good enough reputation based on her work at Motherwell to get another job where she has full autonomy so why would she come to Easter Road to be a front for Petrie?

Just Alf
26-07-2014, 06:18 PM
And I can't believe people are still saying she must be a puppet for Petrie because they say so.

Dempster has a good enough reputation based on her work at Motherwell to get another job where she has full autonomy so why would she come to Easter Road to be a front for Petrie?

Add in the legal niceties around running a largish business makes it even harder to understand the "Petrie still in charge" view.

I DO wish he wasn't here but STF wants a rep on the board and RP is it.

peter saddler
26-07-2014, 06:34 PM
l

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

down-the-slope
26-07-2014, 06:41 PM
l

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

Spit it out ....someone whos 'smart' phone is operated by a TQM clone :greengrin

Golden Bear
26-07-2014, 07:04 PM
Add in the legal niceties around running a largish business makes it even harder to understand the "Petrie still in charge" view.

I DO wish he wasn't here but STF wants a rep on the board and RP is it.

It suits some folks Agendas to keep repeating these allegations regardless of whether it is true or otherwise.