Farid

Leaves guys like
Booth
Cummings
Handling
Jones
Nelson
Heff
On the bench. Harris is lucky to be there but that's on potential, recently handlings been better tho IMO.

Still plenty of room for improvement IMO with another striker, winger, centre back and keeper needed IMO. That team doesn't look all too bad IMO tho. Considering the league were in

Hibeesmad
25-07-2014, 01:25 AM
I like the look of that team but I think we need 2 up front, especially if we are looking to bring in another striker

MyJo
25-07-2014, 02:19 AM
New GK

Gray
Nelson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Stanton
Robertson
Allan
Craig
Harris

El-Algui

TheFamous1875
25-07-2014, 02:34 AM
With the addition of Allan, what I like most about our midfield is how many different approaches we can take to the midfield.

We can have two defensive in Tudur Jones and Stevenson, with either Allan, Craig or Stanton in front in the 4231, we can have a diamond 4-4-2 with Tudur Jones or Stevenson holding, with the two box-to-box midfielders in Robertson and Stanton right and left, with either Allan, Craig or Stanton (or even Handling) behind the strikers. Or we can have a midfield three of OTJ or Stevenson holding, or Allan as a deep-lying playmaker flanked by Robertson and Stanton (I personally think Craig should always be further up the field).

With these options at our disposal we can take multiple approaches to dominating the midfield and dictating our games. In theory, I don't think any other midfield in the league can compete with ours this season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Centre Hawf
25-07-2014, 02:43 AM
For me I liked the team and system we started with against Stirling.

(Keeper:confused:)

Gray
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson

Robertson
Craig
Allan

Stanton
Al Agui
Harris

Robertson Craig and Allan can all rotate in a midfield 3, picking moments to attack and when to drop deeper for the ball especially against some of the "Weaker" teams (I use that term loosely) Harris for me has been brilliant this Pre Season, taking folk on and creating chances and roaming the park freely. Stanton has been a tad quiet but I think he'll find his form soon.

We also have the option of OTJ if we need to allow someone like Craig or Allan to push further up the field and leave the defensive work to him. He didn't do much last year but if he can keep himself fit I think he has a role to play this season and we may need his type in the games against "them" and "THEM"

Michael
25-07-2014, 05:08 AM
Stanton, Allan and Craig are all very similar players from what I understand (ignoring that Craig was forced into a DM position last year). I think we need a big Sol Bamba type guy and a Claros/Thomson type player. New wide players needed too. We don't look balanced at the minute IMO.

H18Y GW
25-07-2014, 05:16 AM
New GK

Gray
Nelson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Stanton
Robertson
Allan
Craig
Harris

El-Algui

Booth for Stevenson
Stevenson for Harris

BT58
25-07-2014, 06:33 AM
New goalie/Combe

Gray Forster Hanlon Booth

Robertson
Allan Craig

New /Hope El Al Stanton

Playing 4 -1-2-3 Diamond formation

Hopefully AS brings in someone with PACE
Something weve badly needed for seasons !!!

Salisbury Hibby
25-07-2014, 06:33 AM
I'm not convinced that Tudur Jones has any real defensive capabilites. He remains an enigma.

Ronniekirk
25-07-2014, 06:46 AM
I'm not convinced that Tudur Jones has any real defensive capabilites. He remains an enigma.
Think if we could punt him we would as probably on decent salary and won't feature prominently unless Stubbs can find a position that suits him and can get more out of him than T B could

PeterboroHibee
25-07-2014, 06:49 AM
I like the look of that team but I think we need 2 up front, especially if we are looking to bring in another striker

Having 2 players up front doesnt make you any more likely to score though, especially if the system is ineffective (as we saw last season).

Given that Stubbs likes to play football, and the fact we have a number of potentially good midfielders, I think we are actually more suited to play some kind of 433/451.

Combe
Gray Nelson Hanlon Stevenson
Robertson Allan
Harris Stanton Craig
El Alagui

bingo70
25-07-2014, 06:50 AM
New goalie

Gray
Hanlon
Nelson
Booth

Robertson
Allan

Stanton
Craig
Cummings

El algooly

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-07-2014, 07:10 AM
New GK

Gray
Hanlon
Forster
Booth

Harris
Stanton
Robertson
Craig

Allan

El Alagui

Aldo
25-07-2014, 07:22 AM
New GK Gray Hanlon Forster Booth Harris Stanton Robertson Craig Allan El Alagui

Think we will see more of a team that plays on the front foot this season BMD (or I hope anyway).

I'd like us to play a 343 if possible especially going forward..

Still missing a bit of pace in wide areas which may get addressed but I think the fullbacks will be told to push on.

Starting to look forward to the start of season and hopefully another quality signing like Allan before then.

Ronniekirk
25-07-2014, 07:30 AM
Think we will see more of a team that plays on the front foot this season BMD (or I hope anyway).

I'd like us to play a 343 if possible especially going forward..

Still missing a bit of pace in wide areas which may get addressed but I think the fullbacks will be told to push on.

Starting to look forward to the start of season and hopefully another quality signing like Allan before then.
You giving Craig a second chance or are you waiting till bay view to give him pelters :wink: I think he could come good as long as he doesn't go back into that defensive role .we need his goal threat but he needs to deliver .
Captain Craig think you are gonna have to get used to that

Aldo
25-07-2014, 07:46 AM
You giving Craig a second chance or are you waiting till bay view to give him pelters :wink: I think he could come good as long as he doesn't go back into that defensive role .we need his goal threat but he needs to deliver . Captain Craig think you are gonna have to get used to that

Ronnie my thoughts on Craig etc are well documented on here and I still think he doesn't deserve to be club capt after last season.

If Stubbs chooses to play him then the team will get my full backing but Craig needs to show what it means to pull on the jersey.

If he plays well then I will be the first to praise him.

Can't say fairer than that.

number9dream
25-07-2014, 08:43 AM
New GK

Gray
Hanlon
Forster
Booth

Harris
Stanton
Robertson
Craig

Allan

El Alagui

Looks okay, with maybe Stanton more advanced than Allan. Obviously, many of last year's flops will need to improve a great deal. We have OTJ & Stevenson but maybe need a better defensive mid, especially for trips to Ibrox, Tynecastle and glorious cup runs... Heffernan may yet come good in this league if he can stay fit.

Ronniekirk
25-07-2014, 08:43 AM
Ronnie my thoughts on Craig etc are well documented on here and I still think he doesn't deserve to be club capt after last season.

If Stubbs chooses to play him then the team will get my full backing but Craig needs to show what it means to pull on the jersey.

If he plays well then I will be the first to praise him.

Can't say fairer than that.

Indeed Aldo you can't be fairer than that .keep an open mind as he will lay him or he wouldn't of made him captain Although come to think of T B made him captain dropped him brought him on as sub .playedhim in wrong position But least said about T B the better

Paloschi
25-07-2014, 08:54 AM
New GK

Forster
New CB
Hanlon

Gray
Robertson
Craig
Booth or new LWB

Allan
Stanton

El Alagui/ Cummings

1875M
25-07-2014, 10:05 AM
New Gk
Robertson Allan
Harris Craig Stanton
El Alagui

hfc rd
25-07-2014, 11:15 AM
New GK

Gray
Hanlon
Forster
Booth

Harris
Stanton
Robertson
Craig

Allan

El Alagui

Probably this.

GGTTH07
25-07-2014, 11:31 AM
Oxley?

Gray Hanlon Forster Booth

Craig Robertson
Allan
Harris Farid Stanton

Humo
25-07-2014, 12:47 PM
TBH i'm not sure what all the hype about Booth is Stevenson seems to be a better player IMO from what i've seen at the friendlies Stevenson always seemed to attack more doing more overlaps

Brightside
25-07-2014, 12:51 PM
Based on the Stirling game Booth will not get in before Stevenson.

I think we will play

New GK

Gray
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson

Stanton
Robertson
Craig

Harris
El-Algui
Allan

I'd like us to play 343 tho with Stevenson moving into the base of the diamond in midfield

B.H.F.C
25-07-2014, 12:57 PM
Quite a few different ways we could set up. Don't know what way etc is best but what I would say is I think we are a GK and centre half away from having a pretty decent starting 11

percy veer
25-07-2014, 01:11 PM

a guy in work is a season ticket holder for ICT and he says tudor jones was the playmaker and that draper was the guy who done all the tackling and running, I think Fenlon bought this guy as a defensive midfielder but thats not his position.

Aldo
25-07-2014, 01:14 PM
Based on the Stirling game Booth will not get in before Stevenson. I think we will play 433 New GK Gray Forster Hanlon Stevenson Stanton Robertson Craig Harris El-Algui Allan I'd like us to play 343 tho with Stevenson moving into the base of the diamond in midfield

That would probably be my team or the set up/formation with Gray and Stevenson pushing forward.

spike220
25-07-2014, 01:20 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk_sAHh9s08

Brightside
25-07-2014, 01:21 PM
a guy in work is a season ticket holder for ICT and he says tudor jones was the playmaker and that draper was the guy who done all the tackling and running, I think Fenlon bought this guy as a defensive midfielder but thats not his position.

OTJ is never a playmaker.

shetlandhibee
25-07-2014, 01:45 PM
Oxley?

Gray
Hanlon
Forster
Stevenson

Harris
Stanton
Robertson
Allen

Cummings
El Alagui

BVB Hibs
25-07-2014, 04:43 PM
I reckon our strongest starting formation at the moment is probably a 4-3-3.

GK
Robertson Stanton Allen
Harris El Alagui Craig

Personally reckon that a centre half, another quick wing option and obviously a good Gk would give us a very good starting XI. Some good youngsters to full gaps too, from what I've heard Max Todd could be very exciting.

JJP
25-07-2014, 05:52 PM
I can't see Stubbs playing two up front. I think whatever system we play it will be with one striker, one attacking midfielder and two wide players. This is how teams play in the modern game. Top level teams don't tend to play with two strikers anymore and some people in our support need to accept that and not consider one up top as being "too defensive".

TheFamous1875
25-07-2014, 08:59 PM
I can't see Stubbs playing two up front. I think whatever system we play it will be with one striker, one attacking midfielder and two wide players. This is how teams play in the modern game. Top level teams don't tend to play with two strikers anymore and some people in our support need to accept that and not consider one up top as being "too defensive".

I agree that the idea that one up top is defensive is antiquated, however I think the World Cup showed that you can play with two up top and three at the back. It's the midfield that counts. That's where the game's won.

Hibeesmad
25-07-2014, 10:31 PM
Having 2 players up front doesnt make you any more likely to score though, especially if the system is ineffective (as we saw last season).

Given that Stubbs likes to play football, and the fact we have a number of potentially good midfielders, I think we are actually more suited to play some kind of 433/451.

Combe
Robertson Allan
Harris Stanton Craig
El Alagui

Yeah I agree with what your saying but if we bring in another striker I don't think 3 strikers will be happy sitting on the bench I.e Cummings, Heffernan and the new striker if we get one

coco22
25-07-2014, 11:29 PM
New GK
Forster Nelson Hanlon
Gray Robertson Stanton Craig Stevenson
Allan
El Alagui

(With a strong CH and GK to come straight in)
Plus a pretty strong bench...

Long Time Hibee
26-07-2014, 12:31 AM
New GK

Robertson Allan Craig

Stanton Farid Cummings

4-3-3 against the majority of teams and really attack them.

Probably need to tighten up against 'THE' and 'THEM' with Lewis and AN Other in the holding roles in a
4-2-3-1 with Stanton and Cummings on the bench

TheFamous1875
26-07-2014, 12:35 AM
New GK

Robertson Allan Craig

Stanton Farid Cummings

Probably need to tighten up against 'THE' and 'THEM' with Lewis and AN Other in the holding roles in a

Lewis and OTJ? Stevenson aye, deffo - but OTJ needs to get stuck in. Is he capable if that??

Long Time Hibee
26-07-2014, 12:40 AM
Lewis and OTJ? Stevenson aye, deffo - but OTJ needs to get stuck in. Is he capable if that??

I didn't say OTJ 1875. I said AN Other lol ie New defensive midfielder!!!!

TheFamous1875
26-07-2014, 12:42 AM
I didn't say OTJ 1875. I said AN Other lol ie New defensive midfielder!!!!

Aye, a ken! It's just it looks like if we're gonnae get a new one in, we need to get rid of him 'n' I cannae see that happening soon!

Should've kept Thomson :wink:

Long Time Hibee
26-07-2014, 12:48 AM
Aye, a ken! It's just it looks like if we're gonnae get a new one in, we need to get rid of him 'n' I cannae see that happening soon!

Should've kept Thomson :wink:

Should definitely have kept Thommo. Still don't understand how Butcher was able to make those decisions when
there must have been question marks about his future but no point crying over spilt milk.
AS will know his formation and what/who he still needs to bring in.

J-C
26-07-2014, 09:14 AM
New GK

Robertson Allan Craig

Stanton Farid Cummings

Would you not be better having Harris out wide, Cummings has bags of potential but Harris is a natural wide man.

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2014, 10:20 AM
We still need a keeper a left back, a centre half, a left midfielder and a centre forward.

Squealing pig
26-07-2014, 11:15 AM
Thought word on the street was Stubbs doing a 3-5-2

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2014, 11:16 AM
Thought word on the street was Van Gaal doing a 3-5-2

:wink:

Scouse Hibee
26-07-2014, 11:31 AM
Think if we could punt him we would as probably on decent salary and won't feature prominently unless Stubbs can find a position that suits him and can get more out of him than T B could

Maybe Stubbs can turn him into a decent centre half.

TheFamous1875
28-07-2014, 11:35 AM
Judging by yesterday (my first viewing if Stubbs' Hibs, was it our best performance this pre-season?) our starting XI thus far could be along the lines of:

Oxley.

Gray. Forster. Hanlon. Stevenson.

Robertson. Craig.

Stanton. Allan. Harris.

El-Alagui.

What little we were missing yesterday was sharpness and that killer ball in the final third. I think Allan has been brought in to out a stop to that.

When he come on, he looked confident and demanded the ball, but his sharpness on the ball wasn't up to scratch. A few, perhaps over-ambitious passes without the sharpness to submit them convincingly, but a good inclination into what kind if player he is.

He reminded me of KT - composure in the ball and the way he passed, but bringing the urgency that Thomson's game obviously lacked under Fenlon.

I see Allan as being the man to square that final ball and create magic. He could be the difference between going up and staying down in my opinion (and hopefully winning the league!)

I think Stanton, although he always displays composure on the ball, a deft touch and can create, was again in and out of the game and I had the impression that he wanted to be more of a focal point in the middle of the park (personally, I thought he should've swapped with Handling who'd also went quiet after a really great start, it may have given them both a new option in the match).

The team looked like they knew what they were meant to be doing and we were playing as a team - passing, moving creating space and creating chances and not being afraid to have a go and influence the game.

Liam Craig actually looked like a midfielder! A lot on the forums have been critical of his playing deep and getting between the centre halfs, most calling to the fact that he's meant to be a goal-scoring midfielder. The hangover from last season is still high in the minds of most, and most of us remember how incapable he seemed to be in the centre of the park last term in an unfamiliar role.

However, yesterday he really seemed composed and looked for the pass, soaked up pressure and guided others around him and was vocal throughout (to be fair, most of the players were vocal throughout, communicating and on the same wavelength). He played the holding-role with ease and looked comfortable - the complete opposite of what we seen last season.

If we're not to get a holding midfielder in and Craig maintains that confidence and composure in his performances, then id be more than happy to see him in that role.

I think in regards to maybe a tougher opponent like the ugly two, he'd do well to be coupled with Stevenson who would mop up and battle and harass opponents solidly for 90 minutes as our proper defensive-minded midfielder.

Kaiserclem
28-07-2014, 08:29 PM
Has to be:

Oxley

Gray Forster Hanlon Stevenson

Robertson Craig (unless we sign someone)

Harris Allan Stanton

El-Alagui

Subs: Combe, Nelson, Booth, Jones, Handling, Cummings.

Unseen work
28-07-2014, 11:16 PM
All of a sudden people seem alot more upbeat which is good and our poor players last season have found form.

Guys like craig, harris etc seem to be striving under stubbs when they were abysmal last year, aswell as new youngster allan and todd seem to have impressed.

Danny handling seems full of confidence and is getting the chance he has needed in that role and has been one of our best players this pre season.

Cummings and heffernan are both still out injured and i think cummings will score a barrel load this term.

The killer instict were lacking will come with more games being played together and getting used to each other, Stanton, harris, allan, cummings, El Alagui and handling are all technically good, can beat a man, thread a pass or score a goal. As well as rumours to more attacking players coming in, possibly mcfadden who would add to that. They young lad from newcastle we are supposedly signing seems of the same mould.

Oxley

Robertston Craig
Harris Allan Stanton

El Alagui

Has a good blend to it with attacking and defensive. This is still without the likes of handling, cummings( both will play a massive part and could start alot imo) and possible the newcastle lad and mcfadden not in that team.

I firmly beleive a couple more signings and we look very good....on paper

He has the option of a 442 taking out robertson or craig for another striker like cummings too which would still hold its own.

PatHead
28-07-2014, 11:30 PM
At times AS seems to be trying 3 at the back. Would be good to have a Plan B

Unseen work
28-07-2014, 11:33 PM
At times AS seems to be trying 3 at the back. Would be good to have a Plan B

100% agree. It gives teams a headache as there unsure how to defend against 5 midfielders and 2 strikers and would make us see alot of the ball and have alot of time on the ball, unless they go 1 up top and 5 in midifeld to accomadate us but at the same time it would be taking some pressure off us defensively

PatHead
28-07-2014, 11:37 PM
100% agree. It gives teams a headache as there unsure how to defend against 5 midfielders and 2 strikers and would make us see alot of the ball and have alot of time on the ball, unless they go 1 up top and 5 in midifeld to accomadate us but at the same time it would be taking some pressure off us defensively

Especially if we are playing teams who sit in with 1 up front and 9 in defence

boab1875
28-07-2014, 11:45 PM
we need to make at least another 3 quality signings before I am happy with the team we have. doesn't look much stronger than the jokers who got us relegated last season, although if we can see the best of Harris and Stanton in midfield I have more hope for the coming season.

What I don't understand is why Craig has made it into people's first 11s. he is dreadful and people seem to have forgotten he was one of our worst performers last season. as for Nelson, I wouldn't even pick him in my Sunday league amateur team

Spike Mandela
29-07-2014, 01:17 AM
TBH i'm not sure what all the hype about Booth is Stevenson seems to be a better player IMO from what i've seen at the friendlies Stevenson always seemed to attack more doing more overlaps

Would have like Hibs to be at the stage at this point where we had a better left back than either of these two. Guess beggars can't be choosers.

TheFamous1875
29-07-2014, 01:20 AM
Would have like Hibs to be at the stage at this point where we had a better left back than either of these two. Guess beggars can't be choosers.

I think they're both capable of being better left-backs under Stubbs than they have been before.

Spike Mandela
29-07-2014, 01:33 AM
I think they're both capable of being better left-backs under Stubbs than they have been before.

Just what kind of miracles are people expecting from Stubbs? Yes he has changed the backroom staff, the style of play and added his passing philosophy to our game but he can't turn, Stevenson, Tudor Jones and Handling et al into Ashley Cole, Iniesta and Messi.

Until we get better players to play the type of football he wants we are still going to be hamstrung by the limited nature of our players.

The winds of change haven't blown nearly strong enough to get rid of some of the mediocrity in our first eleven.

Brightside
29-07-2014, 07:21 AM
we need to make at least another 3 quality signings before I am happy with the team we have. doesn't look much stronger than the jokers who got us relegated last season, although if we can see the best of Harris and Stanton in midfield I have more hope for the coming season.

What I don't understand is why Craig has made it into people's first 11s. he is dreadful and people seem to have forgotten he was one of our worst performers last season. as for Nelson, I wouldn't even pick him in my Sunday league amateur team

Did you watch Craig in the Friendlies? Looks a different player under Stubbs. People need to 100% forget about last season. You wont find one single player with anything good to say about terry.

Brightside
29-07-2014, 07:22 AM
Just what kind of miracles are people expecting from Stubbs? Yes he has changed the backroom staff, the style of play and added his passing philosophy to our game but he can't turn, Stevenson, Tudor Jones and Handling et al into Ashley Cole, Iniesta and Messi.

Until we get better players to play the type of football he wants we are still going to be hamstrung by the limited nature of our players.

The winds of change haven't blown nearly strong enough to get rid of some of the mediocrity in our first eleven.

Again Stevenson has been one of our best players during all the friendlies, and was the same against Utd.

smithyhfc
29-07-2014, 08:10 AM
Oxley

Gray new cb Hanlon Stevenson

Robbo Craig

New winger Allan Sammy (altho think he's better in allan role)

Farid

GreenOnions
29-07-2014, 08:44 AM
All of a sudden people seem alot more upbeat which is good and our poor players last season have found form.

Guys like craig, harris etc seem to be striving under stubbs when they were abysmal last year, aswell as new youngster allan and todd seem to have impressed.

Danny handling seems full of confidence and is getting the chance he has needed in that role and has been one of our best players this pre season.

Cummings and heffernan are both still out injured and i think cummings will score a barrel load this term.

The killer instict were lacking will come with more games being played together and getting used to each other, Stanton, harris, allan, cummings, El Alagui and handling are all technically good, can beat a man, thread a pass or score a goal. As well as rumours to more attacking players coming in, possibly mcfadden who would add to that. They young lad from newcastle we are supposedly signing seems of the same mould.

Oxley

Robertston Craig
Harris Allan Stanton

El Alagui

Has a good blend to it with attacking and defensive. This is still without the likes of handling, cummings( both will play a massive part and could start alot imo) and possible the newcastle lad and mcfadden not in that team.

I firmly beleive a couple more signings and we look very good....on paper

He has the option of a 442 taking out robertson or craig for another striker like cummings too which would still hold its own.

This has saved me the effort of typing as I agree with every word :agree:

Another striker, a wide player with a bit of pace and a defender would leave us with the sort of squad I was hoping for.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-07-2014, 12:03 PM
Can I just say? If that clown Butcher was sacked straigh after the Hamilton game, Stubbs may have kept KT. Can only think how well KT would have fitted into Stubbs passing on the deck philosophy.

S4uzee
29-07-2014, 12:07 PM
Can I just say? If that clown Butcher was sacked straigh after the Hamilton game, Stubbs may have kept KT. Can only think how well KT would have fitted into Stubbs passing on the deck philosophy.

Yip and Mcpake probably would've been kept, would've been like 2 new players

GlesgaeHibby
29-07-2014, 12:14 PM

Craig was garbage towards the end of last season, but from what people are saying he seems to be improving and finding confidence.

Nelson gets a hell of a lot of stick. Yes he's no world beater, but he's a decent no nonsense centre half. People seem to forget that it wasn't our defence that was the real issue last year. Conceded the least amount of goals over the course of the season than all teams in the bottom six, and less than Motherwell too. Had we been banging them in at the other end, it would have been a completely different season.

GreenOnions
29-07-2014, 12:29 PM
Craig was garbage towards the end of last season, but from what people are saying he seems to be improving and finding confidence.

Nelson gets a hell of a lot of stick. Yes he's no world beater, but he's a decent no nonsense centre half. People seem to forget that it wasn't our defence that was the real issue last year. Conceded the least amount of goals over the course of the season than all teams in the bottom six, and less than Motherwell too. Had we been banging them in at the other end, it would have been a completely different season.

Nelson could probably perform at championship level although he is no longer good enough, and certainly not quick enough for the top league. A player as slow as he is affects the whole way the defence plays and is a major contributory factor towards sitting too deep. I'd much rather we played further up the pitch and also defenders who can pass the ball.

If he's happy to see out the final twelve months of his contract here and then move on that would probably be okay but I'd definitely want him as back-up rather than as first eleven.

TheFamous1875
29-07-2014, 01:09 PM
I think Nelson will be best deployed whenever we're playing a 'defensive' game as I think Stubbs will want Hanlon and Forster split apart and playing high up the pitch.

Nelson doesn't have the athleticism to play high up the pitch so I think he'll only ever be used if there's an injury or we're going three at the back or we'll have to readjust our tactics/formation to get the best out of his limitations.

Jordon Forster is a good player who's only going to get better playing football with the right philosophies. He's young, but judging by Sunday's performance, the way we're set up will allow him and Hanlon to play properly from out the back, distribute and command the back line together. I think we'll see both of them confirm a great partnership.

I would've preferred someone more experienced to partner Hanlon in the centre of defence, but the way I look at it now is we're probably better off getting them together now and giving them the time to strike up a bond and a partnership. The championship teams won't be of the same quality as what we'd be playing in the premiership, so there's less pressure and more leeway to strike up a trust and understanding between the two now. By the time we're back up, we could have a tired and tested solid CB partnership ready to start the season together. They're both young and they'll both only get better together.

You can't buy trust, connection and understanding, you need to nurture it and if we can get these two on the same wavelength which both of them looked to be on Sunday, then we could see Hibs having a settled CB pairing for the next 2-3 years, something we've not had since...well, I actually can't remember...Blackley and Black?

TheFamous1875
29-07-2014, 01:17 PM

None of the miracles you're suggesting for a start! No miracles at all, in fact!

Players play better when they're coached and managed better. All of our players are capable of doing better, I think that's evident.

No one on earth would suggest they're all of a sudden going to be world class, but what I do expect is for Stubbs to play a system which benefits all of our players strengths, has them all sharp with their passing, movement and shooting, and has their individual fitness programs getting the best out of them physically.

That's all I ask. Be fit, be positive, never give up, try your best.

cmcd
29-07-2014, 01:45 PM
New goalie/Combe

Robertson
Allan Craig

New /Hope El Al Stanton

Playing 4 -1-2-3 Diamond formation

Hopefully AS brings in someone with PACE
Something weve badly needed for seasons !!!
You want someone with pace but leave Harris out your team ?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-07-2014, 01:49 PM
Ox

Gray
Hanlon
Forster
Stevenson

Robertson
Stanton
Craig

Allan
El Alagui
Harris

J-C
29-07-2014, 01:54 PM
I think going by sunday's line up it'll be a 4-2-3-1 formation with Allan in the hole behind the striker, the 3 attacking mids will need to be very busy and work hard both in attack and defence.

smithyhfc
29-07-2014, 01:57 PM
You want someone with pace but leave Harris out your team ?

Do you just go about picking on people or is harris your son?

cmcd
29-07-2014, 02:02 PM
Do you just go about picking on people or is harris your son?
I am not picking on anyone just asking a simple Question You said you want pace in team but leave Harris out Why ?

smithyhfc
29-07-2014, 02:06 PM
I am not picking on anyone just asking a simple Question You said you want pace in team but leave Harris out Why ?

I never said anything you've picked on me in other thread now notice your jumping onto someone else

cmcd
29-07-2014, 02:20 PM
I never said anything you've picked on me in other thread now notice your jumping onto someone else
I am not picking on anyone as i said before im asking a simple question