PDA

View Full Version : My First Impressions Of Stubbs. (Nothing more than that)

Lewis77
24-07-2014, 09:40 PM
First Impressions of Stubbs.

I'll admit I wasn't happy when Stubbs first popped up as a candidate for the job. In my defence I was simply exasperated by the whole situation we found ourselves in and in my dreams wished for some olive skinned football guru to be discovered, who'd revolutionise our club, playing a style of football that would dazzle. Nevertheless, when the anger of relegation started to clear from my mind and reality kicked in, I began to open up to the possibility that Mr Alan Stubbs may do a job.

On first impression I've been impressed. The man looks like he can hand out a bollocking which I always like in a manager. Nevertheless the man also strikes as having a brain in his head, a sharpness of mind behind those eyes which I believe was lacking in Butcher. He also appears to be a man who will give youth a chance, not only that he appears to be a man who will actively give young players an opportunity out of choice rather than desperation. His per-season maneuvers appear to be measured rather than desperate, considering the constraints he finds himself under at the club.

I'm really looking forward to the new season now and the opportunity to really hand those maroon coloured serpents of footballing excremental residue only found scraped off the bottom of hells latrines a damn good hammering! God I really cannae stand them! Although I have friends who are deluded enough to support them. Well, I say friends, what I really want to say is p***** !

Anyways, good luck Alan.

Thecat23
24-07-2014, 09:47 PM
Stubbs will play the ball on the deck but also try and get it up the park fast. I think the biggest difference will be seeing us play with Width which Fenlon and Butcher never did.

Players are enjoying training, hard but very fresh and a lot of ball work thrown in. Biggest difference is players actually are training with a smile on their faces and not getting screamed at by MM.

Overall I think Stubbs will do well at Hibs.

The_Exile
24-07-2014, 09:53 PM
Cannae wait for the first game, obviously gutted at the way it all went chebs up last year but am now of the opinion it probably had to happen for such significang change to take hold. Will be interesting to see how we shape up after the first round of games.

Northernhibee
24-07-2014, 09:55 PM
I think that so far it goes to show that having a nutcase in charge that gives the players a hard time constantly simply does not work anymore.

Liberal Hibby
24-07-2014, 10:59 PM
I think that so far it goes to show that having a nutcase in charge that gives the players a hard time constantly simply does not work anymore.

Other than at ICT obviously...

Lewis77
25-07-2014, 03:27 AM
Stubbs will play the ball on the deck but also try and get it up the park fast. I think the biggest difference will be seeing us play with Width which Fenlon and Butcher never did.

Players are enjoying training, hard but very fresh and a lot of ball work thrown in. Biggest difference is players actually are training with a smile on their faces and not getting screamed at by MM.

I honestly think team spirit is half the battle. If the players are happy and smiling that's always a good sign in my book.

--------
25-07-2014, 08:32 AM

Never did.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-07-2014, 08:41 AM
Not seen any of pre-season - have players been "hitting the bye-line"? God knows the last time we did that on a regular basis...

Spike Mandela
25-07-2014, 08:48 AM

Who is he using as wide players? Harris?

jacomo
25-07-2014, 10:20 AM

Good to hear.

The other thing is that Stubbs had a very successful and lucrative playing career. If he does well with us, he's less likely to have his head turned by the first offer of a pay rise that comes his way.

Thecat23
25-07-2014, 12:45 PM
Who is he using as wide players? Harris?

I think we will see a winger in before the start of the season. Also yeah I do think Harris may be used as a wide player.

I myself aren't convinced at all by Harris but if the new manager can get confidence back in him then I'm all for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecat23
25-07-2014, 12:46 PM
Good to hear.

The other thing is that Stubbs had a very successful and lucrative playing career. If he does well with us, he's less likely to have his head turned by the first offer of a pay rise that comes his way.

True mate, if he does well I'd like to see him stay like McCall has done with Well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shetlandhibee
25-07-2014, 01:46 PM
Composed, has a good eye for a player and can get the most out of them

Viva_Palmeiras
25-07-2014, 05:44 PM

Yes that's some supporters prerogative ;)

New Season. New Start. A New relationship. A New Hope...

Bronson
25-07-2014, 05:49 PM
Never did.

Disagree, Brian Clough had a screw or 5 loose and he was one of, if not the best manager ever.

FWIW, the most encouraging thing about Stubbs for me is the positive vibes from other players not at hibs. Both James McPake and Ryan McGowan have mentioned on twitter the good things they have heard about him. His signings so far have been very encouraging as well, Allan and El Alagui are superb signings, the kind I expected us to miss out on to teams like The Rangers. Bring on the new season, got a good feeling about it.

Franck Stanton
25-07-2014, 07:11 PM
Think the Board and Management Team are doing well [so far] in bringing the "feel-good" factor back to the Club/players/supporters. cannae please all of the people, but, IMO, they have made giant strides in the process so far. Roll on Sunday, really looking forward to the game, now it's been a l o n g time since I said that. [last year only went out of a sense of duty]. Well done LD and AS. More power to yer elby

One Day
26-07-2014, 01:32 PM
Think the Board and Management Team are doing well [so far] in bringing the "feel-good" factor back to the Club/players/supporters. cannae please all of the people, but, IMO, they have made giant strides in the process so far. Roll on Sunday, really looking forward to the game, now it's been a l o n g time since I said that. [last year only went out of a sense of duty]. Well done LD and AS. More power to yer elby

The feel good factor will come if/when we start winning games on a regular basis

silverhibee
26-07-2014, 03:46 PM
Never did.

He got results. :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7P7XJxATAA

buktapurple79
26-07-2014, 04:25 PM
in agreement with the OP. Was very impressed with him in person at the Vale of Leithen game.