PDA

View Full Version : Nandos

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-07-2014, 08:24 PM
Anyone enjoy a Nandos?

For me its unbelievable. Addicted to the place! The chicken is unreal. :greengrin

Just Alf
24-07-2014, 09:49 PM
It's pretty decent and always good quality (whichever one you go to) but it IS a chain and as a result everything is cooked (all be it nicely) to design. I much prefer independent places... Sometimes it's fantastic, sometimes great and sometimes OK, or worse! But for me that's all part of the experience.

Scouse Hibee
24-07-2014, 10:13 PM
Not a fan myself, very overrated in my opinion but each to their own I suppose.

Frazerbob
24-07-2014, 10:20 PM
I find the the popularity of Nandos very odd......it's just chicken! Not a fan of the the mass branded restaurants that appear in every city centre, shopping mall & airport in general, most are pish with 80% of the food prepared off the premises and reheated.

over the line
24-07-2014, 10:20 PM
Just don't get it really. Is it not just chicken, with some spices and stuff? It's ok, but nothing special. I prefer red meat anyway.

Phil D. Rolls
25-07-2014, 07:25 AM
Not real Portugese food, and it is over priced. I think it is popular because it is more sophisticated than McDonalds, but offers the same safe consistency that fast food chains do. Fair play though, lots of people like it, but its not for me.

MyJo
25-07-2014, 09:24 PM
Not real Portugese food, and it is over priced. I think it is popular because it is more sophisticated than McDonalds, but offers the same safe consistency that fast food chains do. Fair play though, lots of people like it, but its not for me.

Nandos is to Hipsters what McDonalds is to Boy Racers.

Pretty Boy
25-07-2014, 09:44 PM
I don't mind Nandos.

Wouldn't be my choice for a meal out but for a quick lunch in a hurry it's ok.

Wilson
26-07-2014, 12:34 AM
Nandos is to Hipsters what McDonalds is to Boy Racers.

A drive-thru?

.Sean.
26-07-2014, 05:32 AM
Over-rated and full of scenesters only there's so they can tag themselves at it. It's *****.

.Sean.
26-07-2014, 05:32 AM
I find the the popularity of Nandos very odd......it's just chicken! Not a fan of the the mass branded restaurants that appear in every city centre, shopping mall & airport in general, most are pish with 80% of the food prepared off the premises and reheated.absolutely this.

danhibees1875
26-07-2014, 07:46 AM
I think it's good chicken. But also over priced.

Their piri piri chip sprinkle is 100% fantastic though.

BroxburnHibee
26-07-2014, 08:13 AM
It's overpriced.

Spiced half chicken (on the bone) & chips for a tenner!!!!

By the way while cooking on the bone can enhance the flavour I've a feeling these chains do this because it makes the portion look bigger - they're buying small and cheap and making a fortune.

DH1875
26-07-2014, 04:56 PM
I like a Nando's buy have to agree. Its WAY over priced for what it is.

HibbyAndy
26-07-2014, 05:08 PM
Cosmos all the way.

Scouse Hibee
26-07-2014, 07:59 PM
Anyone enjoy a Nandos?

For me its unbelievable. Addicted to the place! The chicken is unreal. :greengrin

Probably :wink:

SneakersO'Toole
26-07-2014, 08:58 PM
Its decent when hunger needs sorted quickly and without much thought but for me, is miles away from the authentic Portugese piri piri chicken taste you get in surprisingly... Portugal.

Its like going to Zizzi's or any other branded Italian, the food is okay but having been to Italy many times, the standard of food just don't compare. Or the prices for that matter, the former and less appétitising being the more expensive.

heretoday
26-07-2014, 09:56 PM
Nandos is a disgrace. Especially the one by the Usher Hall.

No Portuguese person would eat there.

Phil D. Rolls
28-07-2014, 02:22 PM
Its decent when hunger needs sorted quickly and without much thought but for me, is miles away from the authentic Portugese piri piri chicken taste you get in surprisingly... Portugal.

Its like going to Zizzi's or any other branded Italian, the food is okay but having been to Italy many times, the standard of food just don't compare. Or the prices for that matter, the former and less appétitising being the more expensive.

They sell Nandos Piri Piri sauce in Portugal (ive seen it in Continente and in Jumbo). The best Piri Piri I have had is fresh, and each place seems to have its own variation.

I wonder if this place is any good: https://www.facebook.com/opheliamar

adhibs
28-07-2014, 03:46 PM
They sell Nandos Piri Piri sauce in Portugal (ive seen it in Continente and in Jumbo). The best Piri Piri I have had is fresh, and each place seems to have its own variation.

I wonder if this place is any good: https://www.facebook.com/opheliamar

thats looks pretty decent, from passing by and seeing them advertising burgers in the menu i think i got the wrong impression of the place.

I've never been here http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g186525-d6638696-r205426298-Tugas_Amor-Edinburgh_Scotland.html but planning on going soon. supoosedly absolutely rammed every night

Phil D. Rolls
28-07-2014, 04:23 PM
thats looks pretty decent, from passing by and seeing them advertising burgers in the menu i think i got the wrong impression of the place.

I've never been here http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g186525-d6638696-r205426298-Tugas_Amor-Edinburgh_Scotland.html but planning on going soon. supoosedly absolutely rammed every night

Thanks for the heads up. Menu looks good, but no Doce da Casa :boo hoo:

Surprised they don't do Cataplanas either - I thought that was a staple. Definitely will try this one, menu is better than the Portobello one.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Menu looks good, but no Doce da Casa :boo hoo:

Surprised they don't do Cataplanas either - I thought that was a staple. Definitely will try this one, menu is better than the Portobello one.

Yep, Tugas Amor is the business. Just like being in Portugal. It's BYOB, but gets very busy. Recommend people go now before the business expands.

R'Albin
13-10-2014, 12:36 AM
Apparently eating a Nandos is 'cheeky', at least according to my Twitter. Eating one during the week seems to be especially 'cheeky'.

Cameron1875
13-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Cheeky wee nandos with my bae....

http://cdn.meme.am/images/300x/5954737.jpg

Pretty Boy
13-10-2014, 05:01 PM
Apparently eating a Nandos is 'cheeky', at least according to my Twitter. Eating one during the week seems to be especially 'cheeky'.

Probably the same people who talk about 'Wine O'clock' or use #lad.

Diclonius
13-10-2014, 06:33 PM
I love a cheeky Nandos.

Seriously though, never been there and have no intention of doing so. Plenty better restuarants out there.

Colr
13-10-2014, 08:22 PM
I find the the popularity of Nandos very odd......it's just chicken! Not a fan of the the mass branded restaurants that appear in every city centre, shopping mall & airport in general, most are pish with 80% of the food prepared off the premises and reheated.

Kids like it and its hell of a lot better than Maccy D or, heaven forbid, Chimmichanga ( which is utter ****)

adhibs
13-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Yep, Tugas Amor is the business. Just like being in Portugal. It's BYOB, but gets very busy. Recommend people go now before the business expands.

what did you get? i had the sandwhich with all the meats and the sauce first time. sounded too good to be true and although i enjoyed it, id build it up that much that i ended up a little disapointed. Went back and had the piri piri which id go back for again, deserts were good as well.

#FromTheCapital
13-10-2014, 09:41 PM
I love it, but I'm starting to get sick of it because I've been so many times. The price is good for what you get I reckon. I usually go for the chicken butterfly with two sides - works out around £11. Love the peri peri sauce and peri peri nuts

R'Albin
14-10-2014, 01:43 AM
Probably the same people who talk about 'Wine O'clock' or use #lad.

And the next day proclaim that they "shouldn't be allowed to drink!".

easty
14-10-2014, 07:55 AM
I've never been to Nandos, should I, or is it actually just pretty crap?

over the line
14-10-2014, 08:47 AM

It's just chicken, with the option of hot sauce. I just don't get it really. It's not terrible like, but it is just chicken, nothing special and a bit overpriced imo.

Scouse Hibee
14-10-2014, 10:34 AM
Nandos have managed to convince certain folk that it's trendy to eat there and therefore tell everyone else that you're there as one of the in crowd. It seems that way anyway.

DH1875
14-10-2014, 10:38 AM

If you like chicken then you've nowt to lose. Least after you've tried it you can tick it off the to do box.

Scouse Hibee
14-10-2014, 10:47 AM
The one close to my work at Chambers street corner is always pretty busy so without doubt it's a popular concept for now.Tried it once and couldn't really see why it's so popular apart from it seems to be the in place to go for some. Not cheap either.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-10-2014, 04:03 PM
Nandos have managed to convince certain folk that it's trendy to eat there and therefore tell everyone else that you're there as one of the in crowd. It seems that way anyway.

I love my chicken but, it seems awfy overpriced for what it is. I'm not on Facebook/Twitter though so, dinnae get constant drivel sent to me about the place from knobs.

HibbyAndy
15-10-2014, 12:46 PM
Jimmy Chungs much better place to go :cb

Scouse Hibee
15-10-2014, 01:54 PM
Jimmy Chungs much better place to go :cb
Is their chicken good?

HibbyAndy
15-10-2014, 02:34 PM
Is their chicken good?

Awrite aye :greengrin Ok it's no the tenderest chicken in the world but for as many plates as you want its worth it :agree:

Scouse Hibee
15-10-2014, 03:43 PM
Awrite aye :greengrin Ok it's no the tenderest chicken in the world but for as many plates as you want its worth it :agree:

So they give away plates too! Might try it could with some new crockery.

HibbyAndy
15-10-2014, 04:14 PM
So they give away plates too! Might try it could with some new crockery.

Even sneak a doggy bag in your pocket when naebday's looking :cb

heretoday
16-10-2014, 10:41 AM
We went to the one in Lothian Rd last year and it was dreadful. Filthy tables, uncaring staff and second rate food. No Portuguese person would put up with that, I reckon.

GordonHFC
19-10-2014, 05:47 PM
Prefer a KFC myself 🍗

Scouse Hibee
19-10-2014, 06:00 PM
Prefer a KFC myself 

I find KFC to be pretty poor myself, I tried one recently after giving it a miss for about ten years, it didn't take me long to realise why I hadn't bothered for so long. McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Nandos I find them all pretty awful now, it must be an age thing :greengrin

DarrenSQH
20-10-2014, 03:11 PM
I love Nandos. Extra hot sauce is awesome.

Dont understand people that go for a plain burger.

danhibees1875
22-10-2014, 10:18 PM

I've booked my birthday meal there on the basis of this post.

Doing so, I feel as daring and trendy as I would had I went to nandos and tweeted about it :greengrin

Jones28
23-10-2014, 10:50 PM
You can get half a peri peri chicken with chips and coleslaw and a pint for £7 in Weatherspoons! Magic and half the price with a drink.