PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Allan Joins Hibernian

RSS Bot
24-07-2014, 04:40 PM
Young midfielder added to the squad

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140724/allan-joins-hibernian_2262950_4032061)

cam2644
24-07-2014, 04:40 PM
Excellent news....:flag:

iwasthere1972
24-07-2014, 05:17 PM
Good news. Hopefully be a great signing for us.

Now get your season ticket if you haven't already got it. :aok:

hfc rd
24-07-2014, 05:21 PM
Excellent news! Now let's get a GK, FB, winger and a striker on board and I've got a good feeling about our chances of promotion back to the top flight this season.

ASGAWA

mentalhibee
24-07-2014, 05:31 PM
Delighted with this signing! Young player with bags of potential!

over the line
24-07-2014, 05:54 PM
Happy days, another one on the books. 3-4 more and we will have a bit of a squad. Quite like the look of all 3 signings so far, just keep em coming ! :D

Diclonius
24-07-2014, 06:07 PM
What a signing.

Bostonhibby
24-07-2014, 06:23 PM
Yep, feels like a victory for quality over quantity. We could have got Matt Done, Shefki Kuqi and Joe Keenan for the same money :-)

neil7908
24-07-2014, 07:15 PM
Just wow...great signing

greenlex
24-07-2014, 07:31 PM
It's no really news is it?

Iggy Pope
24-07-2014, 07:34 PM

No. And I'd never heard of him until four hours ago or so.
Now I'm pissing my pants.

H18Y GW
24-07-2014, 08:18 PM

Your right , imagine signing players being of any intrest

H18Y GW
24-07-2014, 08:19 PM
No. And I'd never heard of him until four hours ago or so.
Now I'm pissing my pants.

Me too , just printed off an internet image and it's on my wall, sorry the Bairns wall

ekhibee
25-07-2014, 03:04 PM
Good player, only 6 or so more to go IMO.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-07-2014, 03:11 PM
Birmingham fans claiming he'll piss the SPL never mind the Champ.

Aldo
25-07-2014, 03:19 PM
Good player, only 6 or so more to go IMO.

We won't be getting 6 more players in.

1 maybe 2 on permanent deals and a couple on loan if we are lucky.

SteveHFC
25-07-2014, 03:21 PM

Pearson, McFadden and few boys from Everton on loan

Aldo
25-07-2014, 03:22 PM
Pearson, McFadden and few boys from Everton on loan

You wish.... I'll give you the lads on loan from the Toffees but be very surprised if we signed the other 2.

You'll have a very special gif if we sign those 2.

SteveHFC
25-07-2014, 03:24 PM
You wish.... I'll give you the lads on loan from the Toffees but be very surprised if we signed the other 2.

You'll have a very special gif if we sign those 2.

I'll need to buy more Kleenex tissues (already running out of them).

Aldo
25-07-2014, 03:29 PM
I'll need to buy more Kleenex tissues (already running out of them).

Is that if Pearson and McFad sign or in general??

SteveHFC
25-07-2014, 03:31 PM
Is that if Pearson and McFad sign or in general??

Just if McFadden signed. :greengrin

ekhibee
25-07-2014, 03:57 PM

Well it's just my opinion but apart from the new players and 1 or 2 of the young ones, our squad is still isn't good enough to get promoted this coming season, so I hope that if what you say is true, that these players are all decent quality. Apologies but I'm afraid I don't trust any of the senior players that played for us last season, no matter what they say. Looks like we'll be playing some of them regularly this season too, so I hope I'm wrong.

Aldo
25-07-2014, 04:03 PM
Well it's just my opinion but apart from the new players and 1 or 2 of the young ones, our squad is still isn't good enough to get promoted this coming season, so I hope that if what you say is true, that these players are all decent quality. Apologies but I'm afraid I don't trust any of the senior players that played for us last season, no matter what they say. Looks like we'll be playing some of them regularly this season too, so I hope I'm wrong.

I can understand where your coming from regarding the senior pros but I just don't see where the funds are coming to sign a further 6 players.

I will disagree with you regarding promotion a couple of other signings will see us pushing for automatic promotion.

The Huns and diet Huns especially have made signings but nothing that is any better than us (possibly Boyd)

Tom Hart RIP
26-07-2014, 09:03 AM
Scott Allan has been doing pre season training at Derby County so he reckons he is fit to start in Sunday.

ekhibee
26-07-2014, 11:33 AM
I can understand where your coming from regarding the senior pros but I just don't see where the funds are coming to sign a further 6 players.

I will disagree with you regarding promotion a couple of other signings will see us pushing for automatic promotion.

The Huns and diet Huns especially have made signings but nothing that is any better than us (possibly Boyd)
In that case let's hope we don't get any injuries, the squad is threadbare as it is.

YehButNoBut
27-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Good interview with Scott in the DR, there's a certain cockiness about this lad that I like, hopefully he does show The Rangers what they missed. :thumbsup:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/scott-allan-checks-hibs-says-3920801

Scott Allan checks in at Hibs and says: I'll show Rangers what they've missed out on

NEW signing Allan is looking to lead Hibs to an opening day win against Rangers at Ibrox on his Hibernian debut.

SCOTT ALLAN admits he’d love to show Rangers what they missed out on by helping Hibs to victory at Ibrox.

The former Scotland Under-21 star has signed a two-year contract at Easter Road after leaving English Premier League side West Brom.

Allan was also linked with a move to Gers over the summer but, despite being a huge admirer of the 22-year-old, Ally McCoist decided against offering the midfielder a deal.

New Hibees gaffer Alan Stubbs stepped in and Allan is delighted to have committed his future to the 
Edinburgh club.

His first competitive game is likely to be their Petrofac Training Cup clash against Rangers a week on Tuesday – and Allan can’t wait to make his Hibs bow.

He revealed there was never a 
concrete offer from McCoist after he left The Hawthorns – but admitted he’d 
love to shine at Ibrox in green and white.

Allan told 
MailSport: “I’m excited at the prospect of playing at Ibrox in my first game. There were rumours about Rangers being interested but I never spoke to them and there wasn’t an offer on the table.

“I’d love to show them what they missed out on in the cup game.

“I’ve signed for a manager who is going to improve me so I’m delighted at how things have worked out.

“Ibrox will be a great platform to show what I can do early in my Hibs career.

“I really want to be part of the revival here under the gaffer and I think we can be successful.

“It will be competitive in the 
Championship this year but we feel we can do well.

“Hibs have had a difficult few years and gone through a few different 
managers. But this gaffer is the right fit for the club, 100 per cent. That feeling is surrounding the whole club.”

And the influence of Stubbs was one of the main reasons for Allan ignoring interest from other clubs in the UK.

He was bowled over by the former Celtic and Everton defender during their first meeting and believes the trust Stubbs will show in him was lacking at previous clubs. Allan said: “The thing I liked right away about the gaffer was that he didn’t mince his words. He told me how he wanted to play and said that I’d play a big part in things.

“He’s the type of guy who will get 
players wanting to play for him. The gaffer wants me to express myself – he’ll give me the freedom to play and put me in my favoured position.

“I know I’ll have to do my defensive shift as well – that was a criticism of me in England over the last few years.

“But he wants me to create and that’s what my game is all about.

“The gaffer trusts me and that’s what I’ve lacked in the last few years of my career. The only other manager I had that with was Michael Appleton when I was sent on loan to Portsmouth. It’s no coincidence that’s where I had my best spell of football in England. When someone shows that faith in you, it’s so much easier to play.

“When I met Alan Stubbs for the first time I immediately got the same kind of feeling I had with Appleton. They’re both similar characters.

“They want to play football in the right way and trust me to produce for them. At Birmingham, Lee Clark said he would do that – but when it came to the crunch he didn’t. That was disappointing.”

Allan left Dundee United for West Brom having played just EIGHT games in the Scottish top flight but he’s 
relishing the chance to prove himself all over again in his homeland after three years in England.

He said: “I have a lot of lost time to make up for. I should have 150 games under my belt by now. That would have been the ideal scenario after leaving United but it hasn’t happened.

“It’s time for me to show Scottish football what I’m made of again.

“I was highly rated here at first but maybe people have forgotten about me 
up here.

“So I’ve got plenty to prove and I plan to do that at Hibs this season.”

iwasthere1972
27-07-2014, 11:05 AM
Rather he did his talking on the pitch but nevertheless good to hear that he is confident of doing the business.

FRes Hibbie
27-07-2014, 01:31 PM
I'm confident he'll do well for us but I'd be surprised if he was with us beyond his two year deal. I could quite easily see him being part if the hun revival in a couple of seasons unfortunately.

SunshineOnLeith
27-07-2014, 06:48 PM
You've got to credit the Daily Record, they know their readership. Mention Rangers in the headline and opening line of the article to catch the eye of any passing knuckle draggers and they'll either buy the rag or give the website a click, money in the bank. Like taking candy from a baby.