PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Pack

NAE NOOKIE
23-07-2014, 04:48 PM
I seem to remember reading somewhere within the last week or so that there is, or is going to be, some sort of 'welcome pack' given to new players arriving at the club.

1) if that is the case, does anybody know whats in it.

2) What do folk think should be in it.

Keith_M
23-07-2014, 04:50 PM
I seem to remember reading somewhere within the last week or so that there is, or is going to be, some sort of 'welcome pack' given to new players arriving at the club.

Ear Plugs for Home games.

Extra thick skin.

Map of George Street

jacomo
23-07-2014, 05:10 PM

Extra thick skin.

Map of George Street

They were going to throw in a list of Edinburgh bookies too, but it's all done online these days. :rolleyes:

NadeAteMyLunch!
Maybe the welcome pack is absolute pony and that's why nobody is signing?

worcesterhibby
Official Benny Brazil Grooming kit
Greggs Gift voucher

ekhibee
23-07-2014, 05:19 PM

Extra thick skin.

Map of George Street
Is this your first visit to Edinburgh and all it's wonderful nightspots?
Sick of all the boring plebs who behave themselves on a night out?
Contact D. Riordan & Associates for a different kind of entertainment.

iwasthere1972
23-07-2014, 05:49 PM
It's photos of Tynecastle, the Wonga strip and Heriot Watt to show them how lucky they are to be playing for the mighty Hibees.

Scouse Hibee
23-07-2014, 06:26 PM
Keys to a clapped out banger (club sponsor will replace with new car when you prove your worth)

Keys to flat in run down housing estate (club will find you a shiny new pad when you prove your worth)

Hibs DVD of last season's games

Viva_Palmeiras
23-07-2014, 06:27 PM
Maybe the welcome pack is absolute pony and that's why nobody is signing?

Well done!

The Leith Dutch
23-07-2014, 08:28 PM
Presumably the welcome pack during Butcher's time was a picture of a football marked "This is your enemy" to encourage them not to want the ball and kick the leather off it everytime it came near them.

Forza Fred
23-07-2014, 08:58 PM
:greengrin
Presumably the welcome pack during Butcher's time was a picture of a football marked "This is your enemy" to encourage them not to want the ball and kick the leather off it everytime it came near them.

Burst out laughing on the early morning train on way to work when I just read this

Some of my fellow Sydneysiders in the carriage looking at me asif I'm a bit strange now......

Iain G
23-07-2014, 09:08 PM
Read the thread title and thought we had signed some South Korean superstar...oh well! :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
23-07-2014, 09:11 PM
I can only assume no one on this thread has hear of the source for this material.

I don't know what's been released officially but perhaps folks should reserve judgement until they hear more about it?

Michael
23-07-2014, 09:16 PM
Should have Franck Sauzee highlights DVD in it for inspiration. And an Edwin De Graaf lowlights DVD for motivation. Plus, a message from Andy Murray.

over the line
23-07-2014, 11:07 PM
Maybe a pair of boots and a home kit, for any new signing to pass onto a mate/family member who can play a bit, to pad the squad out a bit! ;)

spike220
24-07-2014, 01:15 AM

A ball

oregonhibby
24-07-2014, 06:36 AM
A bit like an induction pack you get at work? Given, cover looked at then put in a drawer, only to be seen again when you leave when it is taken out of the drawer and binned.

All very corporate and consultant like.

Prefer to get footballers who want to play to the best of their ability, who are tough minded and will put their body on the line. You don't get that in books, welcome packs or induction packs.

Beefster
24-07-2014, 08:01 AM
A bit like an induction pack you get at work? Given, cover looked at then put in a drawer, only to be seen again when you leave when it is taken out of the drawer and binned.

Prefer to get footballers who want to play to the best of their ability, who are tough minded and will put their body on the line. You don't get that in books, welcome packs or induction packs.

Pretty much sums up my view.

jacomo
24-07-2014, 09:38 AM

I've just been furiously shaking my welcome pack, trying to get the footballers out. Thanks for saving me any more bother.

whiskyhibby
24-07-2014, 10:06 AM

Yes but you would hope that players would buy into our club and history rather than turning up on a loan deal, playing (sometimes) and then disappearing back down South again without really engaging with the club and it's fans. Hibs have a long and illustrious history, I for one am glad that this will form part of a 'welcome pack'

oregonhibby
24-07-2014, 10:21 AM
I prefer that they play, win games and if they get the history fine. Otherwise use the money to pay wages.

Keith_M
24-07-2014, 11:16 AM
I can only assume no one on this thread has hear of the source for this material.

I don't know what's been released officially but perhaps folks should reserve judgement until they hear more about it?

Apparently the Welcome Pack for DotNet doesn't include a sense of humour.

:rolleyes:

heretoday
24-07-2014, 11:24 AM
A bottle of whisky and a loaded revolver.

TRC
24-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Keep seeing this thread and thinking we have signed the south Korean guy that used to play for man u

s.a.m
24-07-2014, 11:28 AM

Iain G
24-07-2014, 11:54 AM

James Collins got a loaded revolver, failed to hit the target with every shot... :wink:

Moon unit
24-07-2014, 05:27 PM
*info on the cafe society hang outs in Tranent following a double sesh at East mains!

The_Horde
24-07-2014, 05:33 PM
I think the "welcome pack" will be a general intro into what we expect at hibs and the history. Maybe involving some ex players/managers/passionate hibbies.