PDA

View Full Version : Ivan Sproule - Legend.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-07-2014, 10:26 PM
Thought this deserved a thread of it own. This was his comment on one of wee Boozy's Instagram pics. "Get us back to where we belong lad right at the top. Good luck for the season ahead Hibs till i die"

Hero. :top marks

cabbageandribs1875
22-07-2014, 10:29 PM
nice touch indeed ivan

Hibby Gav
22-07-2014, 10:31 PM
He has fantastic passion for our club....nice work Ivan mate..

ggtth

Billychaotic182
22-07-2014, 10:33 PM
Wish we had someone playin for us with half pace and passion. Hero!

FranckSuzy
22-07-2014, 10:37 PM
Hibs class :top marks

Sir David Gray
22-07-2014, 10:56 PM
One of my top five favourite Hibs players.

Good lad, Ivan. :aok:

Glory Lurker
22-07-2014, 10:59 PM
:flag:

Warms the cockles. Great stuff, Ivan.

Sean1875
22-07-2014, 11:43 PM
One of my top five favourite Hibs players.

Good lad, Ivan. :aok:

likewise, a true hibs legend!

Stax
23-07-2014, 12:13 AM
He's here, he's there, he's every F***** where...:greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
23-07-2014, 12:38 AM
A great player for us and a great guy to boot.

Forza Fred
23-07-2014, 01:52 AM
Do you think he'd fancy a game in goals.:wink:

EdinMike
23-07-2014, 03:09 AM
The one or two times I met Ivan he was always vibrant and charismatic, always willing to chat away.

I hope to see him back soon even as a guest, he deserves it !

kaimendhibs
23-07-2014, 04:05 AM
Right up there with my favourite players ever. Loved his passion. Welcome back anytime for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cam75
23-07-2014, 05:12 AM
Watched to you tube clip great way to start the day :)
GGTTH

Sproule Three
23-07-2014, 07:42 AM
Watched to you tube clip great way to start the day :)
GGTTH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWnG8xegbGE

Liked this one. The Radio commentary was superb. I can remember jumping around my sitting room here in Sydney at 2am .

As my username indicates I quite like Ivan for that particular afternoons work

The_Exile
23-07-2014, 08:48 AM
As reported on Soccer Saturday at full time......"Rangers nil, Ivan Sproule 3"

Mowbrays post match interview when he was talking about O'Connor moaning about coming off still brings tears of laughter :greengrin

SlickShoes
23-07-2014, 08:53 AM
As reported on Soccer Saturday at full time......"Rangers nil, Ivan Sproule 3"

Mowbrays post match interview when he was talking about O'Connor moaning about coming off still brings tears of laughter :greengrin

It was Derek Riordan wasn't it?

cabbage_88
23-07-2014, 08:59 AM
Was definitely O'Connor. He wasn't happy at all when taken off. I remember Ivan giving a gesture after the first as if to say get it up you Garry! Absolute hero, that hat trick will live long in the memory!

edinburghhibee
23-07-2014, 09:03 AM
I remember being on a bus back from Hamilton race course and Ivan had just signed for the second time for us one of the guys had his mobile number. The bus was mostly hibs and Celtic fans and wee called him up as soon as he answer we all burst into the Ivan sproule song... Number 1 is Ivan sproule, number 2 is Ivan sproule....

WE ALL DREAM OF A TEAM OF IVAN SPROULES AT TEAM OF IVAN SPROULES...

Amazing night thinks for all the memories Ivan!!!

jacomo
23-07-2014, 10:03 AM
Was definitely O'Connor. He wasn't happy at all when taken off. I remember Ivan giving a gesture after the first as if to say get it up you Garry! Absolute hero, that hat trick will live long in the memory!

Reportedly, Garry said to the gaffer as he came off: "And what's he gonna do?" about Ivan.

ALF TUPPER
23-07-2014, 12:53 PM
Lovin' this thread !

Ivan come back and see us mate ? :thumbsup:

frazeHFC
23-07-2014, 03:00 PM

That's what I thought too.

Does anyone have a link to the tribute video? The one where 'dont stop me now' is the song. Class video but can't seem to find it any more.

Jonnyboy
23-07-2014, 03:12 PM

That's what I thought too.

Does anyone have a link to the tribute video? The one where 'dont stop me now' is the song. Class video but can't seem to find it any more.

Definitely O'Connor. As said above, GOC asked Mowbray "and what's the **** is he gonnae dae that ah cannae?" :greengrin

As an aside, Scott Brown was magnificent too that day :agree:

ekhibee
23-07-2014, 03:47 PM
Definitely O'Connor. As said above, GOC asked Mowbray "and what's the **** is he gonnae dae that ah cannae?" :greengrin

Yep, Brown was excellent that day, not a day many Hibs are likely to forget either.

blackpoolhibs
23-07-2014, 04:02 PM

That's the Scott Brown i was convinced would go onto bigger and better things playing for a huge English club, but he went to celtic and they changed him albeit into a very good holding midfielder.

I had higher hopes for him than most of the players we sold over the years than celtic.

silverhibee
23-07-2014, 04:05 PM

Don't even think Derek was in the squad for that day.

SlickShoes
23-07-2014, 04:09 PM
Don't even think Derek was in the squad for that day.

He wasn't, went back and read a match report it said he was away considering a move to Cardiff City.

I remember thinking before the game that Mowbray was going off his head leaving him out against them.

Skol
23-07-2014, 07:40 PM
I remember his debut at Hampden in the lost semi against United. None of the team clearly rated him then and refused to get the ball to him and he was a wasted sub.

In time ,it became clear that despite his ability shortcomings, his pace was a threat that created confusion and chances and if used correctly he was great. Watching the blind pabnic he created was brilliant, even if his smashed crosses out of play were often a dissapointing end. But we couldnt half do with an Ivan Sproule right now

Nameless
23-07-2014, 10:14 PM
I sat in the old east, and whenever he came on as a sub you could feel the excitement building to almost fever pitch. I wish he'd scored against them, I swear I'd have gret with joy.

Smartie
23-07-2014, 10:40 PM
I remember his debut at Hampden in the lost semi against United. None of the team clearly rated him then and refused to get the ball to him and he was a wasted sub.

In time ,it became clear that despite his ability shortcomings, his pace was a threat that created confusion and chances and if used correctly he was great. Watching the blind pabnic he created was brilliant, even if his smashed crosses out of play were often a dissapointing end. But we couldnt half do with an Ivan Sproule right now

I remember that too and was livid about it. Caldwell was the worst culprit for not giving it to him. IMO it contributed a lot towards us throwing away a good position in that game and has contributed a lot towards my massive dislike of Caldwell ever since.

The_Exile
24-07-2014, 12:09 AM
Like you Smartie, I genuinely couldn't believe what I was seeing in that game against Utd, it was criminal, Sproule was in acres of space on the right hand side, the whole stand was shouting at Caldwell to pass him the bloody ball. I'm not even sure he got a touch to be honest. I'll also remember that game for Mowbrays post match interview, he sounded as if he wasn't even bothered, it was a cup semi FFS!!! Retrospect, a wonderfull thing :greengrin

shetlandhibee
24-07-2014, 12:41 AM
what boozy and Ivan's Instagram names?

sadtom
24-07-2014, 02:23 AM
RE the GO'C & TM comments. I think remember reading/seeing a the time (might be a load of bolleaux) that when G'OC was moaning to TM about being subbied. Mowbray said "You haven't had a shot on target". GO'C replied " how many is he (Ivan) gonna have?"
After the game Mowbray said to O'Connor "At least 3".
(think i'd probably kill for another brace of 3-0's at Mordor.)

pacorosssco
25-07-2014, 11:32 PM
RE the GO'C & TM comments. I think remember reading/seeing a the time (might be a load of bolleaux) that when G'OC was moaning to TM about being subbied. Mowbray said "You haven't had a shot on target". GO'C replied " how many is he (Ivan) gonna have?"
After the game Mowbray said to O'Connor "At least 3".
(think i'd probably kill for another brace of 3-0's at Mordor.)

Sproule gave 100% when given chance. If goc and deeks had his application they would have gone much further in game. Sproule is a hibs legend. Gave his all and took club to heart. He should be guest any time he wants

Forza Fred
25-07-2014, 11:50 PM
Yep, Brown was excellent that day, not a day many Hibs are likely to forget either.

Agree re Brown but I also thought Kevin Thomson was different class that day too......even Zibi had a shut out

That game was one I wii long remember ....driven through by Big Frank Dougan who is still with us, and stood/sat next to Wattie Robb and Maude Mc Farlane who sadly no longer are

monteddie
26-07-2014, 11:05 PM
[QUOTE=BOB MARLEYS DUG;4103987]Thought this deserved a thread of it own. This was his comment on one of wee Boozy's Instagram pics. "Get us back to where we belong lad right at the top. Good luck for the season ahead Hibs till i die"

Some of his performances in the green would match any previous legend , showed some fantastic skill but more than that his dedication and effort put him up there with great players of my era these would include Collins ,Sauzee to mention a few.
This next season is the biggest since I can remember if our squad can match his determination we should be in the mix come May.

B.H.F.C
26-07-2014, 11:44 PM
I remember that too and was livid about it. Caldwell was the worst culprit for not giving it to him. IMO it contributed a lot towards us throwing away a good position in that game and has contributed a lot towards my massive dislike of Caldwell ever since.

I remember very little about that day other than the fact we totay chucked it away. And I think that was our best chance of winning the bloody thing. One thing that does stand out was Mowbray making a bad sub. Don't know who came on but he took Dean Shiels off who had won the penalty and was really influential at the point he was hooked.

Steve-O
26-07-2014, 11:46 PM

Riordan wasn't in the team that day due to some transfer rumours or the like IIRC?

frazeHFC
27-07-2014, 12:11 AM
I think the reason I always thought it was Riordan who was subbed off was because at the start of the Sproule tribute video before his Ibrox hat-trick it shows Sproule replacing Deek who didn't look too impressed. But that clip was from Celtic Park in the 3-1 win. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/4495875.stm

Riordan, O'Connor and Konte - dream strikeforce!

The Gorf
27-07-2014, 07:55 AM
Sproule gave 100% when given chance. If goc and deeks had his application they would have gone much further in game. Sproule is a hibs legend. Gave his all and took club to heart. He should be guest any time he wants
Especially as (I'm led to believe) that all his family and friends are Rangers supporters and were at the game. He couldn't have given more that game. Legend.