PDA

View Full Version : Could we sign James McFadden please??

keep the faith
22-07-2014, 04:15 PM
Someone who can pick a pass.Beat a man. Do something different. Someone to make us excited about the new season. Come on hibs - Cheer us up!!

sleeping giant
22-07-2014, 04:39 PM
No sure .
Cannae make up my mind on him.

SteveHFC
22-07-2014, 04:40 PM
Love McFadden for his goals against Holland and France so yes please :greengrin

Nutmegged
22-07-2014, 04:46 PM
McFadden and Pearson, couple of old pals, back together again for one last hurrah, Hibernian are a massive project at the moment, trying not to be biased, I could definitely see why we could be enticing to some players of this ilk at present.

Joining Hibs in normal circumstances could be considered pretty generic, expected to get into the top 6 and a run in a Cup, thats the usual level of expectation, but now we have a situation where there is a big club in a big mess, there is plenty to achieve and it will actually seem like progress, It all depends on whether or not guys are hungry enough to come here for that challenge, particularly guys who have done enough in their careers stay in the Premiership if they so wished...unless you're going to Aberdeen or Dundee Utd tho, teams who have genuine aspirations of challenging for Cups as well as 2nd place then I dont see the overall attraction

GlenrothesHibee
22-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Very close to agreeing terms with Hearts ;-)

jdships
22-07-2014, 05:09 PM
No sure .
Cannae make up my mind on him.

:agree::rolleyes:

Hibeesmad
22-07-2014, 05:12 PM

McFadden and Levine don't get on at all so I can't see that one happening

Baldy Foghorn
22-07-2014, 05:18 PM
Aim higher, why not go for Ronaldo and Messi?

Turkish Green
22-07-2014, 07:42 PM
is this the same Hearts that has completed their signings?

Signing a player on past achievements is always a risk. I would give McFadden a miss.

sleeping giant
22-07-2014, 07:49 PM
:agree::rolleyes:
My main concern is that he gets booted in every match and ends up a regular on the treatment table. He could , of course , be Le God esq.

Scouse Hibee
22-07-2014, 07:52 PM

Signing a player on past achievements is always a risk. I would give McFadden a miss.

Is that not the basis of most transfers, clubs wanting to sign players due to their past performances :wink:

basehibby
22-07-2014, 07:55 PM
Faddy would be the sort of signing to galvanise a badly demoralised support - has still got it in him to perform at this level and would defo get the thumbs up from me :agree:

heretoday
22-07-2014, 08:06 PM
We need a marquee signing fast. Even a tent without groundsheet signing would do.

Speedway
22-07-2014, 08:12 PM
Jordan Mctrialist from S****horpe is VERY close to agreeing terms and could be paraded as early as August 8th

Iggy Pope
22-07-2014, 08:13 PM

Feel better now like.

Lucius Apuleius
22-07-2014, 08:29 PM
Thought he was rubbish in the games against us last season TBH.

keep the faith
22-07-2014, 09:53 PM
Thought he was rubbish in the games against us last season TBH.

Was the best player on the park when we played well at ER. Absolutely strolled it.

Stax
22-07-2014, 10:03 PM
Was the best player on the park when we played well at ER. Absolutely strolled it.
:agree: Applauded of the park

GreenCastle
22-07-2014, 10:22 PM

The last time we played them he actually didn't do that much. Other teams last season he was more effective.

You could see he has quality and the fans did applaud him off the pitch.

Would I want him..not sure..would be interesting to watch and would add creativity but would he bring an ego / upset dressing room?

If the wages were right and he was to come in and be professional then his experience and quality could help.

Nutmegged
22-07-2014, 10:43 PM
I don't think he'd bring an ego, not a negative one anyway, I think being close to Alan Stubbs means he'd probably feel a greater responsibility to lead by example

heretoday
22-07-2014, 10:50 PM
Jordan Mctrialist from S****horpe is VERY close to agreeing terms and could be paraded as early as August 8th
Yes he was told what a great club we are by his former team mate Liam O'Burke who joined us a year ago but sadly spent the season on the injured list after an accident during training.

Turkish Green
23-07-2014, 06:14 AM
Is that not the basis of most transfers, clubs wanting to sign players due to their past performances :wink:
Yeh, I got that all arse-over-tit. :confused: And I am probably going to dig myself in deeper: what I meant to say was that it is a risk signing a player hoping that they will rekindle past glories.

Lucius Apuleius
23-07-2014, 07:53 AM

Must have missed that one. Did he score or assist or did the defence nullify him?

Blaster
23-07-2014, 08:01 AM

Yes, was there not a multi page thread afterwards moaning about us clapping off an opposition player

--------
23-07-2014, 10:54 AM
Yeh, I got that all arse-over-tit. :confused: And I am probably going to dig myself in deeper: what I meant to say was that it is a risk signing a player hoping that they will rekindle past glories.

A lot of transfer deals go through where a club signs a player on the basis of past glories, but at a point in his career when those glories will remain just that - in the past.

If we can realistically say that McFadden will be good enough as 60% of the player he was a few seasons ago, then fine.

I'm not sure he would be.

keep the faith
06-08-2014, 08:44 AM
Looking at that display last night just reinforces my opinion on how great a signing faddy would be. We are passing with confidence and playing at pace. All that's missing is that little bit of magic.
You saw Law curl in a nice finish last night when they were never in the game.
Could see McFadden doing similar things in Stubbs new side.

Billy McKirdy
06-08-2014, 09:03 AM
Is there actually anything in this or is it just wishful thinking? Great signing if it happened but surely if it was going to happen he would have signed for us by now.

Ray_
06-08-2014, 09:47 AM
A lot of transfer deals go through where a club signs a player on the basis of past glories, but at a point in his career when those glories will remain just that - in the past.

If we can realistically say that McFadden will be good enough as 60% of the player he was a few seasons ago, then fine.

I'm not sure he would be.

And a lot go the other way to great affect, without having to think, Davie Cooper, Dave Mackay, Joe McBride, Pat Stanton, Sandy Jardine. Many fail yes, but there are also many examples of outstanding sucess and I have not even mentioned a certain Hibs captain who's legacy started the last time we were down.

keep the faith
06-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Is there actually anything in this or is it just wishful thinking? Great signing if it happened but surely if it was going to happen he would have signed for us by now.

Just wishful thinking bud. It just seems exactly the right move for him and us.

silverhibee
06-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Heard tonight he may have picked up a injury training at Thistle.