PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Craig: Confidence is Growing

RSS Bot
22-07-2014, 02:30 PM
Liam previews Dundee United friendly, Sunday, 2pm

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140722/craig-confidence-is-growing_2262950_4022401)

Keith_M
22-07-2014, 02:35 PM
Good to see the Players have now regained some confidence.

The real test of how good the team is currently will be Sunday. I just hope that there's not an over-reaction if we lose the match. Dundee United are, after all, a very good team.

Franck Stanton
22-07-2014, 02:37 PM
Same old same old, - just get some new faces in. Fed up hearing about "quality over quantity" whilst I agree in principle, we are only a matter of DAYS away from our first competitive game and we don't even have a first choice keeper and have , so far, only signed two new players. Time to tell the players offered a deal to sign up now or move on.

Smartie
22-07-2014, 02:39 PM
Good to see the Players have now regained some confidence.

The real test of how good the team is currently will be Sunday. I just hope that there's not an over-reaction if we lose the match. Dundee United are, after all, a very good team.

Yep, very welcome.

It's quite easy to write off how well the team have done so far by dismissing the quality of the opposition. It will be great if we can give a good account of ourselves against decent opposistion though, then we can really go forward with confidence.

StarMan10
22-07-2014, 02:44 PM
Onwards and Upwards. Confidence is key to success. 3-5 new signings (in addition to Gray, Alagui) and a team playing confident on the deck football. Let's get the long lost feel good factor back

Dobosz83
22-07-2014, 02:46 PM
Why are people still saying our first competitive game is only days away? It's 18 days away, nearly 3 weeks against Livi? Have I missed something!?

Humo
22-07-2014, 02:52 PM
Why are people still saying our first competitive game is only days away? It's 18 days away, nearly 3 weeks against Livi? Have I missed something!?

Rangers in the cup is sooner

TheFamous1875
22-07-2014, 02:52 PM

Challenge cup v The Rangers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dobosz83
22-07-2014, 02:59 PM
Rangers in the cup is sooner

Just realised this game is now scheduled for 5th August. Cheers.

That said, we have exactly 2 weeks to get players in, not 'days' as I've noticed some posters suggest. Not aimed at yourself BTW!

Hopefully confidence is growing, no goals conceded, no hoofball and players enjoying training. Just need some good signings this week. Fingers crossed...

Keith_M
22-07-2014, 03:00 PM

14 days today, at Ibrox.

Hibbyradge
22-07-2014, 03:24 PM
14 days today, at Ibrox.

It's only 155 days till Christmas.

Humo
22-07-2014, 03:37 PM
Just realised this game is now scheduled for 5th August. Cheers.

That said, we have exactly 2 weeks to get players in, not 'days' as I've noticed some posters suggest. Not aimed at yourself BTW!

Hopefully confidence is growing, no goals conceded, no hoofball and players enjoying training. Just need some good signings this week. Fingers crossed...

Haha no problem mate.

I've heard rumors that were due to be signing a GK, another Striker and possibly a left winger by the end of the week so with those signings i'd be pretty confident ahead of going to Ibrox

:hibees:hibees

Keith_M
22-07-2014, 03:41 PM

Aw naw!!!!!!!!

Dobosz83
22-07-2014, 03:50 PM
Haha no problem mate.

I've heard rumors that were due to be signing a GK, another Striker and possibly a left winger by the end of the week so with those signings i'd be pretty confident ahead of going to Ibrox

3 signings would be most welcome, even if it's Alvin, Simon & Theodore!

sleeping giant
22-07-2014, 04:41 PM
It's good to hear. We shall see where we are in the United game.
I would expect us to be expecting to win that match.

TornadoHibby
22-07-2014, 04:54 PM
Haha no problem mate.

What without knowing who the specific players are? :confused:

Smartie
22-07-2014, 05:35 PM

The nights are fair drawin' in, so they are!

rcarter1
22-07-2014, 05:51 PM
It's good to hear. We shall see where we are in the United game.
I would expect us to be expecting to win that match.

Whats with the expect stuff? Expecting to win sounds pretty complacent. Busting a gut to win, confident of competing for sure, but why should we 'expect' to win the game against Dundee Utd on Sunday?

Deansy
22-07-2014, 06:45 PM
Liam previews Dundee United friendly, Sunday, 2pm

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140722/craig-confidence-is-growing_2262950_4022401)

"We can't disguise the fact it was a tough summer, but we're now all looking forward to the start of the season and we're confident we can achieve something memorable."

'Tough summer' ?? - I'll take 'Tough' over RELEGATION' anytime !!!. Oh for a Hibs-captain that's actually a Hibs-supporter. Maybe then we'd get an apology for the shame brought on this great club and a vow to get us back where we belong at the FIRST attempt !.

sleeping giant
22-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Whats with the expect stuff? Expecting to win sounds pretty complacent. Busting a gut to win, confident of competing for sure, but why should we 'expect' to win the game against Dundee Utd on Sunday?

I actually agree with you completely . Should have said we should be set out to win the game

bigwheel
22-07-2014, 07:03 PM

Fair point on the effort required - although I've no interest in the result on Sunday - just good prep, more game time , and no injuries ...friendly results mean nothing ...

sleeping giant
22-07-2014, 07:08 PM
Fair point on the effort required - although I've no interest in the result on Sunday - just good prep, more game time , and no injuries ...friendly results mean nothing ...

Don't agree. This will be a measure of where , i think , we should be

MWHIBBIES
22-07-2014, 07:14 PM
"We can't disguise the fact it was a tough summer, but we're now all looking forward to the start of the season and we're confident we can achieve something memorable."

'Tough summer' ?? - I'll take 'Tough' over RELEGATION' anytime !!!. Oh for a Hibs-captain that's actually a Hibs-supporter. Maybe then we'd get an apology for the shame brought on this great club and a vow to get us back where we belong at the FIRST attempt !.No apology is going to change anything.

rcarter1
22-07-2014, 07:20 PM
I actually agree with you completely . Should have said we should be set out to win the game

Agree with that, don't think we are as good as them, but it will be good to see how renewed confidence and the two new chaps makes a difference.

SaulGoodman
22-07-2014, 07:27 PM
No apology is going to change anything.

Is what people would be saying if he did apologise (which he did)

Can't win.

Iggy Pope
22-07-2014, 07:34 PM
Agree with that, don't think we are as good as them, but it will be good to see how renewed confidence and the two new chaps makes a difference.

Spilled milk and all that but we were as good as them in January and with a bit of luck would have beaten them at Tannadice. We should have.

The shift since that game is staggering.

I've been fortunate to have managed all four friendlies so far and I am only hoping for a good display, some positivity on the park, with a wee bit of football hopefully aided by another signing or two....

if we get gubbed, my suggestion for all like minded would be to steer clear of here and let your head suffer without letting your fingers goad it.

Billy Whizz
22-07-2014, 07:39 PM
Spilled milk and all that but we were as good as them in January and with a bit of luck would have beaten them at Tannadice. We should have.

I've been fortunate to have managed all four friendlies so far and I am only hoping for a good display, some positivity on the park, with a wee bit of football hopefully aided by another signing or two....

if we get gubbed, my suggestion for all like minded would be to steer clear of here and let your head suffer without letting your fingers goad it.

Me too, the last game between us at ER was embarrassing. They missed 2 penalties, and if we're honest if could and should have been
6/7. Hope we can match them on the physical side, and play football at a high tempo

sahib
22-07-2014, 07:41 PM

I thought we were second best all that game - if it is the one I saw on telly.

Iggy Pope
22-07-2014, 07:49 PM
I thought we were second best all that game - if it is the one I saw on telly.

Ah, if you saw it on the telly then I stand corrected.
The game I seen we were 2-0 up, cruising towards 4 wins on the trot and this after a pulsating win before a packed house at the Derby.

Silly Iggy Pope.

MWHIBBIES
22-07-2014, 08:13 PM
Is what people would be saying if he did apologise (which he did)

Can't win.I meant that more as I'm not interested in him apologizing not that it wouldn't change our relegation. I'm looking for a reaction on the pitch, that is harder than saying ''eh, well we're sorry bla bla bla''

bigwheel
22-07-2014, 08:19 PM
Don't agree. This will be a measure of where , i think , we should be

Rarely do friendlies give an indication of league performance ... It's simply about getting ready for the season ...there might be 12 changes during the game ...it's not about results. Just preparation