PDA

View Full Version : Open evening @ The Hibs Club tonight.

invisible man
22-07-2014, 10:54 AM
More details here... http://hibsclub.co.uk/2014/07/01/open-evening-hibs-club-22nd-july/

RIP
22-07-2014, 03:02 PM
More details here... http://hibsclub.co.uk/2014/07/01/open-evening-hibs-club-22nd-july/

A great event - a foot injury prevents me from attending but it's great to see Leeann back in the club twice in a week.

A closer alliance between management, football department and our supporters association has been needed for some time

Well done for organising this :top marks

TomTheHibbyBev
22-07-2014, 05:45 PM
Well done for organising this :top marks

Nevi_SOL
22-07-2014, 06:51 PM
Any idea how this is going?

offshorehibby
22-07-2014, 08:20 PM
To be Honest a rather disappointing turn out probably only about 40 people.

Alan Stubbs and George Craig made it from Hibs. Alan spoke first for about 10 minutes. His speech was passionate but covered things he has already covered in press and Hibs Youtube.
Players will be coming in, he showed 2 round EM & ER today. I think a keeper is a priority and he knows. He said he did have the chance to sign the keeper that went to hearts but not for us, not sure if he meant Alexander or the other guy.
Gone are the days of just signing somebody for the sake of it, any new recruit is being given due diligence as they say, looking into everything. How Many games he’s managed in the last couple of seasons, how long he’s been out injured for. They must be using some scouting program or web site where you can bring up coverage of any player showing good and bad points.
Alan made is apologies as he was going to a game tonight somewhere in Edinburgh.

George Craig, this guy would talk forever if given the chance. He talked for about 10/15 minutes, the memory is getting worse so i’ll try and get most of it down. He talked about the new structures the club were undertaking a lot in place and more to come. Fitness, health, diets the way players look after themselves are all changing. All players were sassed as you’d expect at the start of the season and programs for each individual player put in place. Diets and eating habits have changed at EM’s even to the extent of the players getting breakfast. Players will be coached better in the future, not shouted at. A strong hand will be used as an extreme.

The question was asked we are seeing more back room staff coming in than players at the moment he did promise this will show to be good for us as the season goes on. Asked, one minute Doolan was brought in then Holden, he said both bring completely different things to the table. Holden seemingly can spot the potential in a player from a mike away and has already spotted a couple of youngsters he sees high hopes for.

He went on about recruitment a fair bit. If a player come to our attention, his name is passed on to the new ‘recruitment team’ how then look into every aspect of this player before any names eventually being passed onto AS.
On the back of this i asked the question on Hibs scouting network which has been terrible for many years. This will improve drastically, this might not bare fruit this year but in years to come we will not miss out on Scottish players as easy.

There's probably lots i've missed, i know Jack was there so his memory might be better.

Speedway
22-07-2014, 08:26 PM
Deleted by admin

wazoo1875
22-07-2014, 08:31 PM

Alan Stubbs and George Craig made it from Hibs. Alan spoke first for about 10 minutes. His speech was passionate but covered things he has already covered in press and Hibs Youtube.
Players will be coming in, he showed 2 round EM & ER today. I think a keeper is a priority and he knows. He said he did have the chance to sign the keeper that went to hearts but not for us, not sure if he meant Alexander or the other guy.
Gone are the days of just signing somebody for the sake of it, any new recruit is being given due diligence as they say, looking into everything. How Many games he’s managed in the last couple of seasons, how long he’s been out injured for. They must be using some scouting program or web site where you can bring up coverage of any player showing good and bad points.
Alan made is apologies as he was going to a game tonight somewhere in Edinburgh.

George Craig, this guy would talk forever if given the chance. He talked for about 10/15 minutes, the memory is getting worse so i’ll try and get most of it down. He talked about the new structures the club were undertaking a lot in place and more to come. Fitness, health, diets the way players look after themselves are all changing. All players were sassed as you’d expect at the start of the season and programs for each individual player put in place. Diets and eating habits have changed at EM’s even to the extent of the players getting breakfast. Players will be coached better in the future, not shouted at. A strong hand will be used as an extreme.

The question was asked we are seeing more back room staff coming in than players at the moment he did promise this will show to be good for us as the season goes on. Asked, one minute Doolan was brought in then Holden, he said both bring completely different things to the table. Holden seemingly can spot the potential in a player from a mike away and has already spotted a couple of youngsters he sees high hopes for.

He went on about recruitment a fair bit. If a player come to our attention, his name is passed on to the new ‘recruitment team’ how then look into every aspect of this player before any names eventually being passed onto AS.
On the back of this i asked the question on Hibs scouting network which has been terrible for many years. This will improve drastically, this might not bare fruit this year but in years to come we will not miss out on Scottish players as easy.

There's probably lots i've missed, i know Jack was there so his memory might be better.
Thanks for the update, it's always good to hear of improvement at the club. Hopefully all these little things will bear fruit in the not too distant future 👍

offshorehibby
22-07-2014, 08:31 PM
Was Leeann there

wazoo1875
22-07-2014, 08:33 PM
DELETED

 superb stuff speedway, wonder if you'll catch anything

cabbageandribs1875
22-07-2014, 08:35 PM
Main points from Stubbs:

Happy to go into season with squad as is.

shockerooni, never saw that one coming, my premonition from two weeks ago has come true, unfortunately

p.s. thanks for update

Pretty Boy
22-07-2014, 08:35 PM

Thanks for that.

Further evidence that there is real change happening at the club. The fact Stubbs and Craig were so open about what they were doing bodes well imo.

Pretty Boy
22-07-2014, 08:37 PM
shockerooni, never saw that one coming, my premonition from two weeks ago has come true, unfortunately

p.s. thanks for update

Whoooooooooosh.

Possibly the whoosh to end all whooshes really.

pontius pilate
22-07-2014, 08:37 PM
Extremely dissapointed if the budget is gone with the amount of players that have left and the amount that has come in dont get that at all or is this a woosh moment from me?

The_Horde
22-07-2014, 08:38 PM
Whoooooooooosh.

I severely hope it's a double bluff.

cabbageandribs1875
22-07-2014, 08:39 PM
They must be using some scouting program or web site where you can bring up coverage of any player showing good and bad points.

iirc did the club not purchase that with a donation from .net, it was certainly something like that

HNA7
22-07-2014, 08:39 PM
This is a serious thread discussing important points raised at a meeting between fans and the club. Making stuff up is hardly helpful and similar posts will be removed.

offshorehibby
22-07-2014, 08:40 PM
I thought Craig was relay enthusiastic about the plans they have some in place a lot still to come. I think He's going to be a huge asset for the club.

cabbageandribs1875
Whoooooooooosh.

superb

Baldy Foghorn
Extremely dissapointed if the budget is gone with the amount of players that have left and the amount that has come in dont get that at all or is this a woosh moment from me?

Another whoosh, Speedway posted something that he thought was funny, however, it was all rather fanciful and untrue

cabbageandribs1875
This is a serious thread discussing important points raised at a meeting between fans and the club. Making stuff up is hardly helpful and similar posts will be removed.

well said No 7....not ALL admins should be banned now :greengrin

HNA7

p.s. thanks for update

It was all a figment of his imagination and has been removed.

The_Horde
22-07-2014, 08:42 PM

Uhoh. Someone's spat the dummy oot! :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
22-07-2014, 08:44 PM

must be all that Shale and exhaust fumes on the speedway track :)

pontius pilate
22-07-2014, 08:52 PM
Im glad I admitted my own woosh moment

cabbageandribs1875
22-07-2014, 08:54 PM
Im glad I admitted my own woosh moment

someone bailed out....i saw it using I-spy though :greengrin

pontius pilate
22-07-2014, 09:08 PM
someone bailed out....i saw it using I-spy though :greengrin

I put it at the end of my post askung if it was a woosh moment from me. Lesson learnt dont believe everything and let someone else commit first

cabbageandribs1875
22-07-2014, 09:16 PM
I put it at the end of my post askung if it was a woosh moment from me. Lesson learnt dont believe everything and let someone else commit first

to be fair to myself...i honestly didn't even read the rest, i commented straight away on the only one i read...the first line, and not forgetting it's a line that's normally trotted out by default by recent managers...so not really a wooshier than woosh moment :rolleyes: maybe teach me to start reading whole posts in future :greengrin

edwards
22-07-2014, 09:39 PM
Was asked why we can't get players in and replied he had shown two players around EM and ER today, alson confirmed he had spoken to Matinez about a couple of players but a decision still had to be made about who they would keep and loan out as they are behind.
Alan said he is looking to bring in a couple of loan players but only a couple and this would be a year long loan not six months.
Confirmed that we had been offered the Hertz keeper but didn't follow this one up as he feels he didn't suit.

Ronniekirk
22-07-2014, 09:53 PM
Was asked why we can't get players in and replied he had shown two players around EM and ER today, alson confirmed he had spoken to Matinez about a couple of players but a decision still had to be made about who they would keep and loan out as they are behind.
Alan said he is looking to bring in a couple of loan players but only a couple and this would be a year long loan not six months.
Confirmed that we had been offered the Hertz keeper but didn't follow this one up as he feels he didn't suit.
Did. He indicate if he was hopeful the two players he showed round today would sign as we are hearing plenty of general information about players being offered contracts and us being prepared to wait another couple of days to see if they sign Another couple of days go by and they don't materialise So are these two new players we are looking at .

offshorehibby
22-07-2014, 10:20 PM
Apologies to Jack for pinching a couple of his paragraphs from the bounce.

On player recruitment they went into this a bit deeper than previously. There was the 'first pick', 'back up' and 'development player' for each position chat again and how they had developed a matrix for each position. This identified gaps in the current squad and will be used for future succession planning. If a first pick is known to be leaving at the end of the season, for example, they will decide if the back up is good enough to become a first pick and if the development player is good enough to be back up then to the academy for a development player. If the back up isn't good enough then a recruitment phase kicks in. The manager/Head Coach sets out the profile of the type of player he wants. The recruitment team then have a season to identify and carry out due diligence on a replacement, this could be as many as 5 players. The manager would then make his choice from the dossiers prepared.

From GC - Hibernian should be the club of choice for Edinburgh kids and our spy, sorry scout, network would be embedded deep in the community. In future [the ambition is that] if Edinburgh kids signed for any other club it would be because we didn't want them.