PDA

View Full Version : What has happened to the Petrie out campaign

VPHIBEE
21-07-2014, 08:26 PM
Not being one of those in the know, can anyone update me on what the current situation is with this. This should not be forgotten. I like everyone else am greatly concerned at our lack of quality (any) signings, and the signings being made by them and The Rangerous Weedgies. But am (almost) equally concerned that the man that brought us here is going to produce another one of his amazing Teflon shoulders tricks, and walk away Scott free whilst we are all distracted by the lack of transfer activity. Let's not have the wool pulled over our eyes again. He must go, he must answer for his disastrous stewardship.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-07-2014, 08:53 PM
Checkout some other threads for details :dunno:

tamig
21-07-2014, 10:00 PM
It seems to have evolved from Petrie Out into Forever Hibernian.

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/paul-kane-reveals-the-plans-for-forever-hibernian-1-3472316

MWHIBBIES
22-07-2014, 12:44 AM
Have they realized Petrie just does what he is told yet?

Iain G
22-07-2014, 01:03 AM
It seems to have evolved from Petrie Out into Forever Hibernian.

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/paul-kane-reveals-the-plans-for-forever-hibernian-1-3472316

It will then evolve into the Forever Petrie campaign :greengrin

VPHIBEE
22-07-2014, 05:28 AM
So it seems nothing is happening with the campaign. Does anyone know what the likelihood of Paul Kane's group taking over and ousting Petrie is, if so is there a time scale they are working to. Is the lack of transfer activity linked to the uncertainty about ownership going forward, or is Petrie still pulling the strings in the background. I thought all the we will engage the fans and keep you up to date stuff was refreshing when LD first came in, but I (like everyone else, from reading the forums) am getting frustrated at the lack of signings and information. I understand a business can't show it's hand to it's competition, but .......

Golden Bear
22-07-2014, 06:03 AM
Every now and then a new thread like this one pops up to act as a wee reminder that the "Petrie oot" pressure should be sustained.

Heaven forbid if the Club makes a successful start to the Season and a new wave of optimism floods through the Support.

We can't have that, can we.

:rolleyes:

Steve20
22-07-2014, 06:12 AM
People were angry about relegation. Once a few weeks passed, it was always going to fizzle out. Now, not only do people seem content with Petrie still there, a lot of people also seem happy with going into a new season with only two new players and the bottlers from last season. Petrie was never going to leave.

Iain G
22-07-2014, 06:51 AM
People were angry about relegation. Once a few weeks passed, it was always going to fizzle out. Now, not only do people seem content with Petrie still there, a lot of people also seem happy with going into a new season with only two new players and the bottlers from last season. Petrie was never going to leave.

Or maybe some folks have bought into a small wave of optimism caused by a new MD and a new head coach and a hope that this is a new start for Hibs under new people who can propel us forward and upward and pull the football side, the background staff and the supporters together.

There are small shoots and small signs of things changing for the better and maybe just maybe that is enough to give a little bit of hope and optimism :agree:

SeanWilson
22-07-2014, 07:01 AM

100% :agree:

Lmc2105
22-07-2014, 07:13 AM
So it seems nothing is happening with the campaign. Does anyone know what the likelihood of Paul Kane's group taking over and ousting Petrie is, if so is there a time scale they are working to. Is the lack of transfer activity linked to the uncertainty about ownership going forward, or is Petrie still pulling the strings in the background. I thought all the we will engage the fans and keep you up to date stuff was refreshing when LD first came in, but I (like everyone else, from reading the forums) am getting frustrated at the lack of signings and information. I understand a business can't show it's hand to it's competition, but .......

Stuff is going on in the back ground. You should hear something within the next few weeks.

VPHIBEE
22-07-2014, 09:26 AM
Stuff is going on in the back ground. You should hear something within the next few weeks.

Thanks mate, good to know the momentum has not completely died. Look forward to hearing what transpires. It would be a crime if Petrie shrugged this off, as he has in the past.

NAE NOOKIE
22-07-2014, 09:51 AM

Don't think it has fizzled out, it has just moved on to a different level. Short of having a demo outside the main stand once a week its hard to gauge where the level of initial anger has levelled out.

With any situation of this type there is only so much an ordinary supporter can do. The lack of folk outside the main stand with blazing torches and pitchforks 24/7 doesn't mean that people are content with Petrie still there. I am a case in point. I have bought a season ticket and am not looking for a discount or anything ....... but just because I don't end every post on here with 'Petrie must go' doesn't mean I don't still want him to away and run his crisp factory.

I think this is where most fans are at now and until things become clearer ...... IE when STF either removes his confidentiality clause or the FH guys come to the conclusion that they are being damaged by it ...... the focus of the fans will be on signings ( or the lack of them ) how the team is playing in pre season and concern over the poor ST sales.

For me Rod Petrie's race is run at Hibs, his presence now only causes damage and division and there is at least anecdotal evidence that his continued involvement at the club is affecting ST sales as much as relegation has. I don't think that any fan with half a brain buys into this conduit between LD and STF bull**** ........ If LD has 100% control as STF and RP would have us believe why does she need a go between, it just doesn't make sense.

Petrie out.

Iain G
22-07-2014, 09:57 AM
For me Rod Petrie's race is run at Hibs, his presence now only causes damage and division and there is at least anecdotal evidence that his continued involvement at the club is affecting ST sales as much as relegation has. I don't think that any fan with half a brain buys into this conduit between LD and STF bull**** ........ If LD has 100% control as STF and RP would have us believe why does she need a go between, it just doesn't make sense.

Petrie out.

I think it has run out of steam a little, and I'm watching on from overseas, but a lot of the more vocal anti-RP crowd are less noticable on here now that manager is in place and matches are being played and we are gearing up for the new season, football is thankfully the focus for most of us again.

Personally, I don't really care if he is there or not in whatever capacity, what I'm really interested in is how LD and Alan Stubbs and the new backroom team that they have brought in will re-energise the club and push us forward. He stays, meh, he goes, meh.

SMAXXA
22-07-2014, 10:02 AM
This feels like a long game, rather than any publicity about a campaign of this sort I'm less interested in the Petrie out campaign and more interested in players in campaign until the window closes.

cabbageandribs1875
22-07-2014, 10:26 AM
I think it has run out of steam a little, and I'm watching on from overseas, but a lot of the more vocal anti-RP crowd are less noticable on here now that manager is in place and matches are being played and we are gearing up for the new season, football is thankfully the focus for most of us again.

Personally, I don't really care if he is there or not in whatever capacity, what I'm really interested in is how LD and Alan Stubbs and the new backroom team that they have brought in will re-energise the club and push us forward. He stays, meh, he goes, meh.

maybe because they got banned :dunno:

MB62
22-07-2014, 10:33 AM
This feels like a long game, rather than any publicity about a campaign of this sort I'm less interested in the Petrie out campaign and more interested in players in campaign until the window closes.

Neither of which is happening at the moment it seems :greengrin

drumatic44
22-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Here's how I see it, While Sir TF. has the club, RP. will be going NOWHERE !!. He was installed as Sir TF's placeman and basically nothing's changed on that front.
He admitted from the beginning that he was NOT a football man, and you would have thought the board with more footie knowledge would be there for input.
Let's look back, would we really honestly have disagreed with any of his managerial appointments, I think not.
Collins, Mixu, Yogi, all Hibs legends and none of them really a success, OK. he ' got lucky 'with Mowbray and you could see that he was trying the same route with Calderwood, ( disaster ), and don't forget Dundee U. were desperately trying to get Pat Fenlon but wouldn't pay the compen. And Butcher and his team ?? a big yes we all thought.
All these managers were given a player budget, which I'm sure they all agreed to, not his fault they signed crap and couldn't make it work.
And, was it him that couldn't put out a team to defend a 2 -0 lead at home in front of 14,000 fans, and, was it him that gave the game changing penalty slot to an 18yr. rookie I think not.
He has overseen massive change in the Stadium, Training facilities etc. albeit funded by the sales of our best young talent.
Now we have a new regime throughout the club from admin. to the pitch and I know we've heard it all before, but, we really have to get behind AS. and the team.
I admire Paul Kane's commitment to all things Hibs, but, I hope he has some serious financial heavy hitters alongside him as I don't think Sir TF. is going to let the club go for the first offer that comes along.
Folk's , not so long a go we had the Duff / Gray saga with the spectre of Wallace Mercer hanging over us (not a pretty sight I agree), do we really want to risk going down that rocky road again. !!
Allez les Vertes Originales !!

WestEndHibee
22-07-2014, 10:58 AM
It will then evolve into the Forever Petrie campaign :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_qHP7VaZE

Next we'll see this in the East Stand

Keith_M
22-07-2014, 11:00 AM
..... a lot of the more vocal anti-RP crowd are less noticable on here now that manager is in place and matches are being played and we are gearing up for the new season, football is thankfully the focus for most of us again.

:agree:

That was my thought exactly.

One of the side-effects of the anti-trolling initiative is that people no longer mention Petrie as much in posts, as the danger is that they will be the next ones to be launched. That could be why it sometimes appears that the anti-Petrie feeling has died down, at least on here.

HNA7
22-07-2014, 11:23 AM

:agree:

That was my thought exactly.

One of the side-effects of the anti-trolling initiative is that people no longer mention Petrie as much in posts, as the danger is that they will be the next ones to be launched. That could be why it sometimes appears that the anti-Petrie feeling has died down, at least on here.

Have you forgotten about this?

http://www.hibs.net/content.php?392-hibs-net-response-to-the-club-s-statement-of-29th-May

Do you think the admin team has been banned too?

Caversham Green
22-07-2014, 11:24 AM
Don't think it has fizzled out, it has just moved on to a different level. Short of having a demo outside the main stand once a week its hard to gauge where the level of initial anger has levelled out.

With any situation of this type there is only so much an ordinary supporter can do. The lack of folk outside the main stand with blazing torches and pitchforks 24/7 doesn't mean that people are content with Petrie still there. I am a case in point. I have bought a season ticket and am not looking for a discount or anything ....... but just because I don't end every post on here with 'Petrie must go' doesn't mean I don't still want him to away and run his crisp factory.

I think this is where most fans are at now and until things become clearer ...... IE when STF either removes his confidentiality clause or the FH guys come to the conclusion that they are being damaged by it ...... the focus of the fans will be on signings ( or the lack of them ) how the team is playing in pre season and concern over the poor ST sales.

Petrie out.

As effective owner (and investor again it would seem) STF will want to know what's going on at the club, even if he's not interested in the actual football. He can do that in one of three ways:

Attend every board meeting himself. I'm sure he has better things to with his time and the vast majority of what's discussed would be of no relevance to him in any case.
Have regular meetings and discussions with LD. I'm sure she has better things to do with her time, and the discussions would always involve the employer/employee relationship which means the employee would always tend to shape her/his reports to present her/himself in the best possible light.
Have someone on the board who takes no part in the running of the club and does not need a defence mechanism when reporting back. Preferably someone he knows and trusts - possibly a part-owner.

What doesn't make sense to me is that someone would voluntarily step down from the CEO role, appoint a very highly regarded (and no doubt highly paid) replacement, take no pay but still try to run the club, particularly when we're told that he is not interested in football in any case. Why would he do that?

Pretty Boy
22-07-2014, 11:29 AM

As one of the more vocal anti Petrie posters I'm still here and running helping run the site.

No one has been banned simply for being 'anti Petrie', a fair few admins would probably classify themselves as 'anti Petrie' if they had to do so.

For me I'm content Rod isn't involved in day to day business at the club, I also think we are, generally speaking, making small steps in the right direction. I still think Petrie should go, mainly because him still being here allows the allegations that he is still pulling strings to continue and LD and AS along with others really need the clean slate that Rod going would provide.

I'm also still to be convinced that 'Forever Hibernian' are a real alternative to STF and RP, although I'll admit that's ignorance on my part as I've been on holiday and am not up to speed on the proposal.

cabbageandribs1875
22-07-2014, 12:37 PM

http://www.hibs.net/content.php?392-hibs-net-response-to-the-club-s-statement-of-29th-May

no i didn't forget, i've not even saw (i think) :greengrin

no, but some should be :greengrin

As one of the more vocal anti Petrie posters I'm still here and running helping run the site.

No one has been banned simply for being 'anti Petrie', a fair few admins would probably classify themselves as 'anti Petrie' if they had to do so.

For me I'm content Rod isn't involved in day to day business at the club, I also think we are, generally speaking, making small steps in the right direction. I still think Petrie should go, mainly because him still being here allows the allegations that he is still pulling strings to continue and LD and AS along with others really need the clean slate that Rod going would provide.

I'm also still to be convinced that 'Forever Hibernian' are a real alternative to STF and RP, although I'll admit that's ignorance on my part as I've been on holiday and am not up to speed on the proposal.

i'm sure there's quite a few posters on here think exactly that PB (myself included) :agree: agree with the 2nd part as well

Golden Bear
22-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Here's how I see it, While Sir TF. has the club, RP. will be going NOWHERE !!. He was installed as Sir TF's placeman and basically nothing's changed on that front.
He admitted from the beginning that he was NOT a football man, and you would have thought the board with more footie knowledge would be there for input.
Let's look back, would we really honestly have disagreed with any of his managerial appointments, I think not.
Collins, Mixu, Yogi, all Hibs legends and none of them really a success, OK. he ' got lucky 'with Mowbray and you could see that he was trying the same route with Calderwood, ( disaster ), and don't forget Dundee U. were desperately trying to get Pat Fenlon but wouldn't pay the compen. And Butcher and his team ?? a big yes we all thought.
All these managers were given a player budget, which I'm sure they all agreed to, not his fault they signed crap and couldn't make it work.
And, was it him that couldn't put out a team to defend a 2 -0 lead at home in front of 14,000 fans, and, was it him that gave the game changing penalty slot to an 18yr. rookie I think not.
He has overseen massive change in the Stadium, Training facilities etc. albeit funded by the sales of our best young talent.
Now we have a new regime throughout the club from admin. to the pitch and I know we've heard it all before, but, we really have to get behind AS. and the team.
I admire Paul Kane's commitment to all things Hibs, but, I hope he has some serious financial heavy hitters alongside him as I don't think Sir TF. is going to let the club go for the first offer that comes along.
Folk's , not so long a go we had the Duff / Gray saga with the spectre of Wallace Mercer hanging over us (not a pretty sight I agree), do we really want to risk going down that rocky road again. !!
Allez les Vertes Originales !!

Fantastic post, although RP has got to be held responsible for not establishing an effective scouting network which in itself may go some way to explain the lack of quality signings over the last seven or eight years.

Keith_M
22-07-2014, 01:20 PM

The original comment was that there was less openly Anti-Petrie posting. I made no comment on your Trolling policy (which was probably justified), just on the possible effect it could have on the number of Petrie related posts.

I think you have taken these comments in the wrong way and are being a bit defensive.

jacomo
22-07-2014, 02:48 PM
I think Petrie Out has already made a difference. Perhaps we can't get rid of him unless STF says so, but the blame for relegation (and TB's appointment) was rightly laid at Petrie's door and there was no hiding place for him.

I've got nothing personal against the guy, and recognise his achievements, but don't want him running the club anymore - despite his continued presence as Chairman, I think this has happened.

Will be interesting to see how the AGM is organised. Will Petrie take a back seat?

NAE NOOKIE
22-07-2014, 03:52 PM
As effective owner (and investor again it would seem) STF will want to know what's going on at the club, even if he's not interested in the actual football. He can do that in one of three ways:

Attend every board meeting himself. I'm sure he has better things to with his time and the vast majority of what's discussed would be of no relevance to him in any case.
Have regular meetings and discussions with LD. I'm sure she has better things to do with her time, and the discussions would always involve the employer/employee relationship which means the employee would always tend to shape her/his reports to present her/himself in the best possible light.
Have someone on the board who takes no part in the running of the club and does not need a defence mechanism when reporting back. Preferably someone he knows and trusts - possibly a part-owner.

What doesn't make sense to me is that someone would voluntarily step down from the CEO role, appoint a very highly regarded (and no doubt highly paid) replacement, take no pay but still try to run the club, particularly when we're told that he is not interested in football in any case. Why would he do that?

In that scenario LD is in effect reporting to the ( no longer involved ) Rod Petrie, in which case its not unreasonable to think that the number 2 part still applies in that relationship, except with RP subbing for STF. RP gives sir Tom the condensed version, but STF doesn't ask RP his opinion of what LD wants to do giving considerable weight to that opinion ....... hard to believe.

STF certainly isn't interested in football, but in Petrie's case the off field part seems to interest him a great deal with top blazer at the SFA the ultimate goal if a number of posters on here are correct, therefor his position at Hibs is being jealously guarded by him, no matter how much damage it does.

Not sure how in any way running Hibs like that can be healthy for the club.

Keith_M
22-07-2014, 04:07 PM
Maybe 'Petrie Out' has 'Petered Out'.

:dunno:

I'll get ma coat...................

Caversham Green
22-07-2014, 04:21 PM
In that scenario LD is in effect reporting to the ( no longer involved ) Rod Petrie, in which case its not unreasonable to think that the number 2 part still applies in that relationship, except with RP subbing for STF. RP gives sir Tom the condensed version, but STF doesn't ask RP his opinion of what LD wants to do giving considerable weight to that opinion ....... hard to believe.

STF certainly isn't interested in football, but in Petrie's case the off field part seems to interest him a great deal with top blazer at the SFA the ultimate goal if a number of posters on here are correct, therefor his position at Hibs is being jealously guarded by him, no matter how much damage it does.

Not sure how in any way running Hibs like that can be healthy for the club.

No, she's reporting to the board, of which RP is a member (as is LD) - that's an intrinsic part of her job. The board as a body makes such decisions as are necessary based on LD's reports and recommendations and RP passes on any relevant information to STF. In truth there's very little that RP can get involved with any more - the infrastructure is done, the manager has been appointed and the signing of players is a matter for AS, LD and GC. It's a football club, not a mafia empire.

We're told by plenty that RP isn't interested if football either - didn't Simon Pia claim he'd never been to a football match before getting involved with Hibs? How that ties in with his wanting a spot on the SFA I don't know, but if he does want it he just has to stay on the board, he doesn't have to "pull the strings".

TornadoHibby
22-07-2014, 04:27 PM
No, she's reporting to the board, of which RP is a member (as is LD) - that's an intrinsic part of her job. The board as a body makes such decisions as are necessary based on LD's reports and recommendations and RP passes on any relevant information to STF. In truth there's very little that RP can get involved with any more - the infrastructure is done, the manager has been appointed and the signing of players is a matter for AS, LD and GC. It's a football club, not a mafia empire.

We're told by plenty that RP isn't interested if football either - didn't Simon Pia claim he'd never been to a football match before getting involved with Hibs? How that ties in with his wanting a spot on the SFA I don't know, but if he does want it he just has to stay on the board, he doesn't have to "pull the strings".

And in your commercial experience, have you ever seen a situation where a "non executive" director has been able to exert what might be termed "undue" influence on the other members of the Board such that he/she can have direct influence on that Board's decision making as a result? :dunno:

Caversham Green
22-07-2014, 05:47 PM
And in your commercial experience, have you ever seen a situation where a "non executive" director has been able to exert what might be termed "undue" influence on the other members of the Board such that he/she can have direct influence on that Board's decision making as a result? :dunno:

Not with a board of a size and background comparable to the Hibs board, and certainly not with a CEO like Leeann Dempster.

In what specific areas do you think the non-exec might be exerting his undue influence in the case of Hibs?

TornadoHibby
22-07-2014, 08:34 PM
Not with a board of a size and background comparable to the Hibs board, and certainly not with a CEO like Leeann Dempster.

In what specific areas do you think the non-exec might be exerting his undue influence in the case of Hibs?

I'm surprised by your reply if I'm honest but then you have chosen to use the Hibs background when I wasn't asking you to do that and, on top of that, you have expressed a very firm view about the Hibs position because you clearly know all of the individuals on the Hibs Board well enough personally to effectively vouch for their experience and for following the proper course in terms of Corporate Governance and respects to the tune of 100%. :agree:

Fair enough! :wink:

Now I'm not about to start naming names here but I have seen more than one example of Boards manipulated by one charismatic, motivated, determined and driven individual who was a single member of a Board and had a sole purpose in being on that Board of bettering his/her (but usually "his") personal position! It is possible for it to happen and to ignore that possibility is to ignore the reality of corporate governance in the UK in businesses of Hibs size as well as much larger and much smaller ones in my experience! :agree:

Once the Board Minutes have been prepared and signed by the Chair(man) they are a record of what happened at the relevant meeting! :agree:

I'm making a general point of view and I wasn't suggesting that any particular non-exec (as you put it) "might be exerting his undue influence in the case of Hibs"! :wink:

Caversham Green
22-07-2014, 09:50 PM
I'm surprised by your reply if I'm honest but then you have chosen to use the Hibs background when I wasn't asking you to do that and, on top of that, you have expressed a very firm view about the Hibs position because you clearly know all of the individuals on the Hibs Board well enough personally to effectively vouch for their experience and for following the proper course in terms of Corporate Governance and respects to the tune of 100%. :agree:

Fair enough! :wink:

Now I'm not about to start naming names here but I have seen more than one example of Boards manipulated by one charismatic, motivated, determined and driven individual who was a single member of a Board and had a sole purpose in being on that Board of bettering his/her (but usually "his") personal position! It is possible for it to happen and to ignore that possibility is to ignore the reality of corporate governance in the UK in businesses of Hibs size as well as much larger and much smaller ones in my experience! :agree:

Once the Board Minutes have been prepared and signed by the Chair(man) they are a record of what happened at the relevant meeting! :agree:

I'm making a general point of view and I wasn't suggesting that any particular non-exec (as you put it) "might be exerting his undue influence in the case of Hibs"! :wink:

You've comprehensively misunderstood my comment about the board so I'll try to make it clearer.

I don't believe I have seen a board of seven successful professional people from varied backgrounds being browbeaten by a single non-executive director within the context we're discussing here. The rest of your first paragraph strikes me as facetious bull, so I'm not going to address it.

I have to assume you were alluding to the Hibs board since that's what this thread is about so I'll ask again, in what specific areas do you think Rod Petrie (we all know that's who you're talking about) will exert undue influence (your words, not mine) over the board and the CEO?

Iggy Pope
22-07-2014, 10:06 PM
Well I am glad that the debate has not been turned into one of those 'teeth oot outside the Loch inn square go' carry ons and we are keeping it cerebral.

NAE NOOKIE
22-07-2014, 11:52 PM
You've comprehensively misunderstood my comment about the board so I'll try to make it clearer.

I don't believe I have seen a board of seven successful professional people from varied backgrounds being browbeaten by a single non-executive director within the context we're discussing here. The rest of your first paragraph strikes me as facetious bull, so I'm not going to address it.

I have to assume you were alluding to the Hibs board since that's what this thread is about so I'll ask again, in what specific areas do you think Rod Petrie (we all know that's who you're talking about) will exert undue influence (your words, not mine) over the board and the CEO?

Is it not the case that as one of only two people with anything like a substantial stake in the club he is in a position of influence over the club no matter whether or not he is in a non executive position on the board. To believe that he doesn't have the ear of the major owner or lacks influence over what happens at the club is at best very trusting at worst naïve.

I am no expert on how these things work at corporate level, but from the definition of 'non executive director' on Wikipedia Mr Petrie certainly doesn't lack room for maneuver. I would guess that LD would have great difficulty in pushing a scenario where we go over budget to improve things on the park ..... the go ahead for that could only come from STF and I cant believe he wouldn't seek RP's council.

Peevemor
23-07-2014, 05:37 AM
Is it not the case that as one of only two people with anything like a substantial stake in the club he is in a position of influence over the club no matter whether or not he is in a non executive position on the board. To believe that he doesn't have the ear of the major owner or lacks influence over what happens at the club is at best very trusting at worst naïve.

His shareholding in the company which effectively owns the club is irrelevant.

I am no expert on how these things work at corporate level, but from the definition of 'non executive director' on Wikipedia Mr Petrie certainly doesn't lack room for maneuver. I would guess that LD would have great difficulty in pushing a scenario where we go over budget to improve things on the park ..... the go ahead for that could only come from STF and I cant believe he wouldn't seek RP's council.

Whether iRP is there or not, the ultimate power stays with the same person.

TornadoHibby
23-07-2014, 06:39 AM

Aye very good big guy! It's good that you've managed to maintain your usual patronising style of responding to another poster whose comments don't fit your particular line!:greengrin

You just keep trying to push people around on here if they don't agree with you if it makes you feel better inside! :wink: :greengrin

On the other hand, I don't really get on with bullies and especially keyboard bullies so find someone else to try and push around!

Oh aye, just to be clear, I don't give a flying one whether you think that you need to "help me understand" what you meant or that my first paragraph was largely "facetious bull" (I don't have a reputation for treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humour) but I will look forward with interest to observing your self serving condescention in your future posts as you try and keep everyone right on corporate and accountancy matters often with specific reference to Hibs! :wink: :agree:

Caversham Green
23-07-2014, 07:17 AM
Aye very good big guy! It's good that you've managed to maintain your usual patronising style of responding to another poster whose comments don't fit your particular line!:greengrin

You just keep trying to push people around on here if they don't agree with you if it makes you feel better inside! :wink: :greengrin

On the other hand, I don't really get on with bullies and especially keyboard bullies so find someone else to try and push around!

Oh aye, just to be clear, I don't give a flying one whether you think that you need to "help me understand" what you meant or that my first paragraph was largely "facetious bull" (I don't have a reputation for treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humour) but I will look forward with interest to observing your self serving condescention in your future posts as you try and keep everyone right on corporate and accountancy matters often with specific reference to Hibs! :wink: :agree:

Wow, you seem to have a real issue with me.

First up, I take serious issue with the 'bully' and 'pushing around' comments - I respond to everyone in the way I believe is appropriate and if anyone who isn't a yam believes I have bullied them or pushed them around on here without due cause I apologise unreservedly.

Patronising? I try to impart the knowledge I've gained over many years in my particular profession in as basic a way as I can. Wherever possible I try to avoid terms like 'Corporate Governance' unless the subject demands it. If that comes across as patronising, well, tough.

Facetious bull? That's how
you clearly know all of the individuals on the Hibs Board well enough personally to effectively vouch for their experience and for following the proper course in terms of Corporate Governance and respects to the tune of 100%. comes across, or maybe sarcastic would be a better term. If it wasn't intended that way then you'll have to elaborate.

One final thing, what's with the smilies?

HNA7
23-07-2014, 07:27 AM

Anyone who thinks that a post like this is acceptable is using the wrong Hibs website.