PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Stubbs: We're All In This Together

RSS Bot
20-07-2014, 11:30 PM
Head Coach looking forward to United friendly

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140721/stubbs-were-all-in-this-together_2262950_4018978)

Keith_M
21-07-2014, 08:42 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Why did they have to say that?

:rolleyes:

Phil D. Rolls
21-07-2014, 08:48 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Why did they have to say that?

:rolleyes:

Keep Calm
and
Carry On

easty
21-07-2014, 08:49 AM
Better together?

Jones28
21-07-2014, 08:49 AM
Oh ****

Ozyhibby
21-07-2014, 08:55 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gbrbUfYSt0E

Phil D. Rolls
21-07-2014, 08:55 AM
United We Stand
Divided We Fall

SaulGoodman
21-07-2014, 08:58 AM
"There may be a hiccup along the way - we possibly aren't going to win every game - but as long as the players are giving 100% and looking to do the right things on the pitch then any fan would accept that.

Ozyhibby
21-07-2014, 09:06 AM
I've not been to any of the friendlys yet but would those that have say that we dominated possesion?
Stubbs spoke in that interview about the players making sure they kept the ball to tyre the opposition out. If that's the way we are going to be going then that something I could get right behind.
I can't remember the last time we dominated possesion.

Keith_M
21-07-2014, 09:18 AM
I've not been to any of the friendlys yet but would those that have say that we dominated possesion?
Stubbs spoke in that interview about the players making sure they kept the ball to tyre the opposition out. If that's the way we are going to be going then that something I could get right behind.

Collins era?

Tricla
21-07-2014, 09:19 AM

If we tyre the opposition out then they'll surely blow a valve which will allow us to tread all over them. :greengrin

Ozyhibby
21-07-2014, 09:21 AM
Collins era?

I think you are correct. If we can relearn to play that way then it would be a massive advantage in this league and teams like Swansea have shown that it can help teams become more than the sum of their parts.
Fans need educated as well though or they will start screaming at the players to get it up the park. :-)

B.H.F.C
21-07-2014, 09:28 AM

Yep, dominated possession in every game. I won't read too much in to that due to the opposition though. What I would say is that you can see the won't try and force it and go long. In all the games they've been happy to turn out at times, use the keeper and start again instead of lumping it in to a channel.

Hibs90
21-07-2014, 09:29 AM
If we tyre the opposition out then they'll surely blow a valve which will allow us to tread all over them. :greengrin

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/231/6/1/red_card_vector_by_vectorportal-d6isynw.jpg

portyhibernian
21-07-2014, 09:30 AM
Have only been at the Dunfermline friendly but we did dominate possession in that game and should have comfortably won it. I can't see us having it so easy against Dundee United, they're a cut above anyone else we've played so far and will be a good indicator of where we are in terms of competing against Championship opponents rather than teams like Berwick Rangers.

Tricla
21-07-2014, 09:41 AM
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/231/6/1/red_card_vector_by_vectorportal-d6isynw.jpg

:greengrin

Brightside
21-07-2014, 09:53 AM

Yes we have. Stirling maybe had a wee spell in 2 half where we took our foot off the gas.

Brightside
21-07-2014, 09:55 AM
Yep, dominated possession in every game. I won't read too much in to that due to the opposition though. What I would say is that you can see the won't try and force it and go long. In all the games they've been happy to turn out at times, use the keeper and start again instead of lumping it in to a channel.
I hope the fans don't start booing this btw. Fans need to get used to us holding possession and that includes using the goalie again if you need to.

Paloschi
21-07-2014, 10:07 AM
I hope the fans don't start booing this btw. Fans need to get used to us holding possession and that includes using the goalie again if you need to.

Exactly this. :agree:

Not often do I like to moan about other fans but in recent seasons when we have tried to knock the ball around fans have starting getting agitated and have started complaining loudly. I'd rather we passed the ball back a few times to retain possession rather than lump it forward.

What we need to understand is that possession football requires retention and waiting for the right pass, movement or opposition error. This requires patience. If the fans get all worked up at a pass from centre midfielder to left back then left back back to centre back etc then we can't complain if it gets lumped forward.

Hibs have always been better when we have took our time, got the ball down and started to pass and move.

Turkish Green
21-07-2014, 10:18 AM
What we need to understand is that possession football requires retention and waiting for the right pass, movement or opposition error. This requires patience. If the fans get all worked up at a pass from centre midfielder to left back then left back back to centre back etc then we can't complain if it gets lumped forward.

Possession football is an art when played in cold winter temperatures. Scots like to run around a lot to keep warm, letting the ball do the work is a skill that needs to be mastered by our big strong athletic laddies (as one coach used to describe them).

jacomo
21-07-2014, 12:00 PM
Possession football is an art when played in cold winter temperatures. Scots like to run around a lot to keep warm, letting the ball do the work is a skill that needs to be mastered by our big strong athletic laddies (as one coach used to describe them).

If our players make an effort to move and ensure they are always making themselves available for a pass, I am sure they will stay warm enough.

Keith_M
21-07-2014, 12:07 PM
If our players make an effort to move and ensure they are always making themselves available for a pass, I am sure they will stay warm enough.

Jogging on the spot helps as well.

Nevi_SOL
21-07-2014, 12:12 PM

We have dominated possession against all teams but the thing that stands out for is the amount of players who want the ball rather than hiding from it and as soon as one makes the pass move into position looking for the ball again. Good signs.

I know we haven't really been tested yet but as they say you have to learn to crawl before you can walk

GGTTH

down-the-slope
21-07-2014, 05:17 PM

Even at Dunfy there were - mainly older guys 50+ - people shouting to 'get it forward' after several passes that went across the pitch...so it will take a LOT of re educating

HappyAsHellas
21-07-2014, 06:36 PM
There were also 50+ applauding the fact we were playing football as well as keeping posession. Younger fans may have forgotten that we saw the teams of the 70's who could play a bit and therefore understand the game.:wink:

jacomo
21-07-2014, 07:04 PM
Even at Dunfy there were - mainly older guys 50+ - people shouting to 'get it forward' after several passes that went across the pitch...so it will take a LOT of re educating

Folk used to shout the same thing at Mowbrays team. There will always be a few fans who think the rest of us have paid our money to listen to their tactical advice. Depressing.

SmashinGlass
21-07-2014, 07:11 PM
Folk used to shout the same thing at Mowbrays team. There will always be a few fans who think the rest of us have paid our money to listen to their tactical advice. Depressing.

I was none too pleased to hear a good stream of the old "get it forward" chat against Berwick. I called the perpetrator out though, by politely pointing out that the "get it forward" style was used last season and finishing with the rhetorical question of "where did THAT get us?".

Jonnyboy
21-07-2014, 07:12 PM
I was none too pleased to hear a good stream of the old "get it forward" chat against Berwick. I called the perpetrator out though, by politely pointing out that the "get it forward" style was used last season and finishing with the rhetorical question of "where did THAT get us?".

Good work SG :aok:

Billy Whizz
21-07-2014, 07:16 PM

I always wonder if AS had come instead of Butcher last season, where we would have ended up

SmashinGlass
21-07-2014, 07:17 PM
I always wonder if AS had come instead of Butcher last season, where we would have ended up

We can but dream....

rcarter1
21-07-2014, 07:20 PM
Perhaps the learned amongst us could prepare an ABC basics to watching football flyer and hand them out at the turnstiles….