PDA

View Full Version : How many permanent signings will we make??

Aldo
20-07-2014, 08:52 AM
I was wondering how many more permanent signings we will make in the coming weeks?? So How many do we all think we will sign??

Dave-O
20-07-2014, 09:11 AM
I say 4, 2 already signed and hoping for at least another 2, 1 off which better be a goalie, the rest will be loans. :greengrin

rcarter1
20-07-2014, 09:13 AM
I voted 1, but is the question how many in total, or how many more?

Aldo
20-07-2014, 09:23 AM
I voted 1, but is the question how many in total, or how many more?

Sorry is for how many more we will sign permanently.

Spike Mandela
20-07-2014, 09:23 AM
Nothing in football is EVER permanent.

Aldo
20-07-2014, 09:24 AM

Always one. ;-)

MrRobot
20-07-2014, 09:41 AM
4 I think.

MrSmith
20-07-2014, 09:49 AM
None! Unless its last minute panic buys! Was getting a bit enthusiastic there for a while however, as usual, we are miles behind the competition for promotion!

Yes quality over quantity, get the right player, waiting for agents to get back, waiting for their pre-season to begin, waiting, waiting and guess what? last minute window panic loanees! I'm really becoming concerned and disinterested again!

This hibs board never learn lessons! I'm dooming and glooming but for me, disaster beckons!

Phil D. Rolls
20-07-2014, 09:55 AM
None! Unless its last minute panic buys! Was getting a bit enthusiastic there for a while however, as usual, we are miles behind the competition for promotion!

Yes quality over quantity, get the right player, waiting for agents to get back, waiting for their pre-season to begin, waiting, waiting and guess what? last minute window panic loanees! I'm really becoming concerned and disinterested again!

This hibs board never learn lessons! I'm dooming and glooming but for me, disaster beckons!
:agree:
Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome. I have no reason to believe that this year will be different to any other - all the signs are there.

Nutmegged
20-07-2014, 09:59 AM
I think we'll sign another 6 players before the window closes, I'd be pretty amazed if at least 3 of those weren't full time deals

cam2644
20-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Leaving things to the end of the transfer window to squeeze the best deals makes no sense if a poor start saps confidence in both players and fans and costs a lot of money in the long run. It's Petrie economics and it's never worked at Easter Road.

jdships
20-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Love it !!
The season hasn't even started and already the "Doom and Gloomers" are out in full force :na na:
Players , Craig for one are being slagged off etc etc without a ball being kicked !!

As Private Fraser would have said "WE'RE DOOMED AH TELL YE ,DOOMED " :wink::greengrin:not worth:na na::cb:confused:

Turkish Green
20-07-2014, 10:05 AM
Confusingly the question missed out the word MORE. I voted 5 but only think 3 more.

Aldo
20-07-2014, 10:12 AM
Confusingly the question missed out the word MORE. I voted 5 but only think 3 more.

Yeah missed it out in title but changed it to MORE in my opening post.

Sorry.

MrSmith
20-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Love it !!
The season hasn't even started and already the "Doom and Gloomers" are out in full force :na na:
Players , Craig for one are being slagged off etc etc without a ball being kicked !!

As Private Fraser would have said "WE'RE DOOMED AH TELL YE ,DOOMED " :wink::greengrin:not worth:na na::cb:confused:

We have to get past two settled teams to be promoted. what do we have? Nothing! And, I haven't slagged any players off but I will take exception with the hibs board for again being stingy and short sighted!

Del Boy
20-07-2014, 10:50 AM
We need at least 4 more signings whether they're permanent or loan I'm not too bothered as long as they're good enough to get us out of this pishy league first time.

Sir David Gray
20-07-2014, 10:54 AM
We need at least another 5 signings in my opinion. Maybe not all of them need to be first team players but at least to provide decent cover if/when injuries and suspensions kick in.

Our squad, at the moment, is not good enough or strong enough to mount a challenge for promotion this season.

edwards
20-07-2014, 11:02 AM
Think we will make 4 pemenant signings with 2-3 loan deals. We already have a right back and a forward, think we will get the goalkeeper situation sorted out soon and may get another forward on loan as Stubbs will know half decent forwards down south he can bring up to ER.
A wide right sided player would help balance the team, could Handling play wide right ??? and make that his position I would give him a run there, still don't know if the centre of defence is strong enough and would like a faster more aggresive central defender in there.

silverhibee
20-07-2014, 11:44 AM
1 permanent goalkeeper and 2 loan signings is my guess, the team will be filled with inexperienced youth players who will be out there depths in the championship league and we won't get promoted this season, fingers crossed for 2015/16 season.

IWasThere2016
20-07-2014, 12:49 PM
1 permanent goalkeeper and 2 loan signings is my guess, the team will be filled with inexperienced youth players who will be out there depths in the championship league and we won't get promoted this season, fingers crossed for 2015/16 season.

I disagree and went for 2 but I agree with the rest Silver..

hfc rd
20-07-2014, 12:52 PM
3 permanent and one loan. Wishful thinking probably.

BT58
20-07-2014, 01:00 PM
1 permanent [gk] 2 loanees [everton],,, no chance there will be anymore,,were still paying the butcher gang off

Borderhibbie76
20-07-2014, 01:05 PM

Couldn't agree more...im actually past panic now that stage was weeks ago. Now I just feel total apathy towards hibs...and this board want us to pay top dollar for ST's?? They really are at the wind up!!

Speedway
20-07-2014, 02:22 PM
Does everybody realise we've registered three players so far in this window and not two?

stantonhibby
20-07-2014, 02:23 PM
Does everybody realise we've registered three players so far in this window and not two?

The 3rd being Combe?

sleeping giant
20-07-2014, 04:46 PM
I think we will get one more.
Fully expected them to be here already though.
Getting so disinterested . It's sad.
FFS Hibs

#2 Double Tap
20-07-2014, 05:19 PM
we need like 5 players at least.
7 would be good -- cb -- lm - rm - lb - rb -- cm - st

We need a competitive squad next season - we have to challenge for a league -

edit/ how can you forget two goalies :P

Speedway
20-07-2014, 06:21 PM
The 3rd being Combe?

Yes.

The_Horde
20-07-2014, 06:23 PM
We'll sign no more players. At all. We'll finish last and go down again. The end is nigh. Stubbs out! Etc etc.

emerald green
20-07-2014, 06:33 PM
We have to get past two settled teams to be promoted. what do we have? Nothing! And, I haven't slagged any players off but I will take exception with the hibs board for again being stingy and short sighted!

Maybe the club simply does not have the money to meet the wage demands of the type of players the club desperately needs to get out of this backwater league?

AS/LD may have spoken to certain players and/or their agents ("quality players" - they don't come cheap), but have found that HFC cannot match the wages on offer even in the lower leagues in England?

Just guessing though. I hope I'm wrong.

The current squad is so threadbare, I would say the club needs at least 6 decent signings.

West hamBERNIAN
20-07-2014, 06:34 PM
we need like 5 players at least.
7 would be good -- cb -- lm - rm - lb - rb -- cm - st

We need a competitive squad next season - we have to challenge for a league -

edit/ how can you forget two goalies :P

I can't see a LB coming in . One goalie, RB RM CM ST .

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-07-2014, 06:37 PM
The 3rd being Combe?

A 40 year old who hasn't played for three years concerns me, slightly....

Pedantic_Hibee
20-07-2014, 06:46 PM
In answer to the question, no idea. Not panicking just yet either.

Geo_1875
20-07-2014, 10:04 PM

Hertz will always be ****

BVB Hibs
20-07-2014, 10:11 PM
Reckon we'll see a further 6 players, of which 3 will be permanent. A permanent keeper is a given, and then any two of a CB, CM, RM and Striker. The remaining ones, plus a right back to come in on Loan. No problem with Loan signings if they're of a decent calibre. Reckon another 6 good players would see us through handily. Another goalscorer and a real creator top of the priority list for me currently.

Brightside
20-07-2014, 10:19 PM
I think we will get 3 more player. 2 loans and a full time deal for todays goalie.

Ronniekirk
20-07-2014, 10:30 PM
I think we will get 3 more player. 2 loans and a full time deal for todays goalie.
Stubbs said he was looking at a few goal keepers so let's not just take the first one that comes on trial after just one game He said he was being patient as this is a crucial position go fill . Unless folk thought he had an outstanding debut .