PDA

View Full Version : City v Gunts

blackpoolhibs
18-07-2014, 07:41 PM
You can find it if you know how to use google, and City are strolling it. Hearts are hardly getting a touch. 1-0 city.

blackpoolhibs
18-07-2014, 07:45 PM
Should have kept my mouth shut, 1-1 Sow.

Aldo
18-07-2014, 07:45 PM
Should have kept my mouth shut, 1-1 Sow. Looks like the Yams will be making another signing in the coming days??

Scorrie
18-07-2014, 07:46 PM
Nice goal by Sow. Has he signed for Hertz or still on trial?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-07-2014, 07:46 PM
Should have kept my mouth shut, 1-1 Sow.

We shoulda signed him...

:greengrin

EK_Hibs
18-07-2014, 07:52 PM
Seemingly it goes straight to penalties if it finishes in a draw?

whereswallace?
18-07-2014, 07:52 PM
My mate listening on hearts tv commentary just said John Robertson just let slip that the Sow deal is signed. Said he realised what he done right away and back tracked.

blackpoolhibs
18-07-2014, 08:13 PM
2-1 city. :aok:

Last Minute
18-07-2014, 08:16 PM
they are creaming about how good a player that sow is over in kickback

xyz23jc
18-07-2014, 08:17 PM
2-1 city. :aok:

Get in! ;0

Sir David Gray
18-07-2014, 08:21 PM
Full time;

Manchester's no.2 team 2-1 Edinburgh's no.2 team

mentalhibee
18-07-2014, 08:21 PM

If he was signed, why did we pull out of the deal?

Love the Green
18-07-2014, 08:24 PM
Full time;

.EPL CHAMPIONS 2 THE DOGS who have gone about gaining promotion to SPL in a positive fashion 1.

Sir David Gray
18-07-2014, 08:26 PM
.EPL CHAMPIONS 2 THE DOGS who have gone about gaining promotion to SPL in a positive fashion 1.

Relax, it was a joke.

Well, kind of. :wink:

No need to get too excited about it! :aok:

khib70
18-07-2014, 08:27 PM
Full time;

Manchester's only team 2-1 Edinburgh's no.2 team

Fixed that for you:aok:

blackpoolhibs
18-07-2014, 08:27 PM
2nd half the gunts played well, the first half they barely touched the ball.

California-Hibs
18-07-2014, 08:28 PM
EPL CHAMPIONS 2 THE DOGS who have gone about gaining promotion to SPL in a positive fashion 1.

Erm, he was pocking abit of fun at our rivals and reminding them that regardless of gone byes, they will always be the number 2 team in Edinburgh. No need whatsoever to call him said name. No time for 'Jambo loving' in the slightest, to hell with them.

weecounty hibby
18-07-2014, 08:31 PM
What was the crowd like? I expect nothing less than 15,000 to be reported

Jonnyboy
18-07-2014, 08:32 PM
What was the crowd like? I expect nothing less than 15,000 to be reported

Mainly munters and folk wi' six fingers on each hand :greengrin

PS Who scored for City?

greenginger
18-07-2014, 08:34 PM
Only 3 names I recognise in the City team in the first half. All change at half time and maybe 2 names in the second half.

They were raving about Gomis and Azturk going to be the best players in the Championship and Sow as well.

Attendance given as 12,185.

DaveF
18-07-2014, 08:44 PM

Would you expect anything else? They were doing the same with Ngoo and that didn't work out too well.

This guy might be brilliant, ordinary or gash. Time will tell.

Sir David Gray
18-07-2014, 08:48 PM
Mainly munters and folk wi' six fingers on each hand :greengrin

PS Who scored for City?

And that was just the Man City fans! :greengrin

PS - Sinclair and Kolarov.

DarrenSQH
18-07-2014, 09:06 PM
Just back in from the game. The city reserves strolled it. Similar to us at berwick or leithen. Hearts treated it like a cup final. The celebrations were cringey for their goal.

One fan got thrown out the Wheatfield and threw his scarf on the pitch.

Also the full Northampton team were in the city end. Are they training at East Mains?

SneakersO'Toole
18-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Just back in from the game. The city reserves strolled it. Similar to us at berwick or leithen. Hearts treated it like a cup final. The celebrations were cringey for their goal.

One fan got thrown out the Wheatfield and threw his scarf on the pitch.

Also the full Northampton team were in the city end. Are they training at East Mains?

Give us an honest assessment of this sow fella? Decent or Lillian Gish?

DarrenSQH
18-07-2014, 09:15 PM
Give us an honest assessment of this sow fella? Decent or Lillian Gish?

Honestly I'm not sure yet. He had a few great touches, his movement and finish for the goal was good.

However some touches made him look poor where he lost possession easily or sent a header miles wide.

He looks a better option than they have had for a while if he realises his potential.

.Sean.
18-07-2014, 09:17 PM
To be honest, and this ain't aimed at you LM, a I couldn't give a flying **** what Hearts fans think of him. Sick hearing about them, we've bit our own team to focus on.

BoltonHibee
18-07-2014, 09:42 PM
Big Hibs flag unfurled at the end of the game in the City end. Anyone owning up? :)

Ken
18-07-2014, 09:45 PM
Watched the game on youtube and thought the Yams started well, played ok in spells and scored a good goal, but to be honest City were in 1st gear for most of the game.

DarrenSQH
18-07-2014, 09:47 PM
Big Hibs flag unfurled at the end of the game in the City end. Anyone owning up? :)

It wasent me. I was behind the goals in the city end and that was over towards the main stand.

Speedy
18-07-2014, 10:18 PM
Only 3 names I recognise in the City team in the first half. All change at half time and maybe 2 names in the second half.

They were raving about Gomis and Azturk going to be the best players in the Championship and Sow as well.

Really? Quite a strong team in the first half.

Sir David Gray
18-07-2014, 10:46 PM
Really? Quite a strong team in the first half.

:agree:

They had;

Richard Wright - ex-Arsenal and Everton keeper who has been there for last couple of seasons and has also been capped for England.
Micah Richards - Been with Manchester City since he was a youth and also has caps for England.
Matija Nastasic - Serbian internationalist who has been with Manchester City for last couple of years after signing from Fiorentina.
Javi Garcia - Ex Real Madrid player, who has been capped for Spain.
Scott Sinclair - Former Swansea and Chelsea player.
Samir Nasri - Ex-Arsenal player and French internationalist.
Jesus Navas - Spanish internationalist.
Alvaro Negredo - Spanish internationalist.

There's only about three of the players who started the game that I haven't heard of.

West Upper
18-07-2014, 10:52 PM

Your knowledge of players must be pretty poor then, plenty of well known players on show.

Wembley67
18-07-2014, 11:07 PM
Sour grapes.

If that was us we would be creaming ourselves.

The_Horde
18-07-2014, 11:14 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again.

I want hibs to earn the right to play against the big boys. They can stick their glamour friendlies. I don't want to see hibs toyed with in a stupid, pointless friendly match that they couldn't be arsed in anyway.

I never went to the hibs barca game for that reason as well.

Mikey09
18-07-2014, 11:21 PM
;4100789']I said it before and I'll say it again.

I want hibs to earn the right to play against the big boys. They can stick their glamour friendlies. I don't want to see hibs toyed with in a stupid, pointless friendly match that they couldn't be arsed in anyway.

I never went to the hibs barca game for that reason as well.

This. Pointless as a pre season exercise. Money making scheme yet once City have taken there fee the yams won't have made much. Tools....

Scouse Hibee
18-07-2014, 11:30 PM
This. Pointless as a pre season exercise. Money making scheme yet once City have taken there fee the yams won't have made much. Tools....

Nonsense, good workout against a top team can only benefit you in pre season as well as giving your supporters a game they crave, it's win win for these games and always will be, hate all this sour grapes pish.

greenginger
18-07-2014, 11:42 PM
Your knowledge of players must be pretty poor then, plenty of well known players on show.

Confessions, I took the info from posts on Kickback did'nt see the team published anywhere. :greengrin

The_Horde
19-07-2014, 12:13 AM
Nonsense, good workout against a top team can only benefit you in pre season as well as giving your supporters a game they crave, it's win win for these games and always will be, hate all this sour grapes pish.

Aye chasing shadows and realising just how ***** a player you are in the world is great for confidence!

macd123
19-07-2014, 12:21 AM
We are a long way behind in terms of squad depth and first team unfortunately. We are going to need those quality signings wherever they are. We are waiting for marsella and george craig to come through and stubbs of course. Get a move on!

California-Hibs
19-07-2014, 01:36 AM
I watched via YouTube and although I feel Hearts look pretty gash on the whole, I was impressed with Gomis, very good signing for them.

Scouse Hibee
19-07-2014, 10:05 AM
;4100798']Aye chasing shadows and realising just how ***** a player you are in the world is great for confidence!

Ask the players if it shatters their confidence, it doesn't.

Thecat23
19-07-2014, 11:08 AM
Sow looks quick and has a great touch. He's going to be a very good signing for Hearts. In all honesty I expect Hearts to be right up there come the end of the season. The players they have signed should be strolling this league. Maybe we should have continued trying to get Sow ourselves?

Hopefully we can sign a few this week so we aren't to far behind come the start of the season.

Keith_M
19-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Sow looks quick and has a great touch. He's going to be a very good signing for Hearts. In all honesty I expect Hearts to be right up there come the end of the season. The players they have signed should be strolling this league. Maybe we should have continued trying to get Sow ourselves?

Hopefully we can sign a few this week so we aren't to far behind come the start of the season.

Don't worry, we're signing quality over quantity.

If Hibs didn't sign him, it means he's obviously not good enough :wink:

Thecat23
19-07-2014, 11:28 AM
Don't worry, we're signing quality over quantity.

If Hibs didn't sign him, it means he's obviously not good enough :wink:

😄 true!!

Joking aside I do think we will sign a couple of good players but if we did fail brining in quality that will get us out then the fans will be seriously peed off, as it was the club who stated this no one else.

I'd have liked Hibs to just get on with it rather than say we will be bringing in better players etc.. That way a signing won't be judged on this "quality" thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlbertK86
19-07-2014, 11:35 AM
Looking at the Hertz starting 11 it looks to have a decent backbone with two wingers with pace and skill

got shot down a week or so for complimenting Gomis and Bauben but still maintain they will be a strong engine room for them

At least they are making an effort to put a team together and there fans are appreciating it by buying plenty season tickets

We as it stands are going to have a very hard fight on our hands to finish above them - they got more points than us last season and have now added to their squad. they also have the bonus of losing that clown Hamill. yep they may miss Stevenson for his goals and dig but Alexander is more than adequate replacement for McDonald

Onceinawhile
19-07-2014, 01:06 PM
That boy sow is guaranteed to score a bundle. Would've been a huddy had we signed him though

mjhibby
19-07-2014, 01:18 PM
Pointless reading anything into friendlies Dundee beat citeh 2-0 but that doesn't mean they will be in the 1st 3 come the end of the season. The only game that matters is the first competitive game

Judas Iscariot
19-07-2014, 09:35 PM
Manchester City or Dundee United at home for a top friendly match?!

Hmmmm

Hibernia Na Eir
19-07-2014, 09:38 PM

Hmmmm

rather our Hib's Jute Bohy's than that lot. Any day.

MSK
19-07-2014, 09:40 PM

HmmmmYip ..always good to pit yer wits against those of who we will be playing against in the SPL when we come up :agree:

NOLA
19-07-2014, 09:54 PM
;4100798']Aye chasing shadows and realising just how ***** a player you are in the world is great for confidence!
bet it did wonders for their match fitness though

NOLA
19-07-2014, 10:06 PM
Looking at the Hertz starting 11 it looks to have a decent backbone with two wingers with pace and skill

got shot down a week or so for complimenting Gomis and Bauben but still maintain they will be a strong engine room for them

At least they are making an effort to put a team together and there fans are appreciating it by buying plenty season tickets

We as it stands are going to have a very hard fight on our hands to finish above them - they got more points than us last season and have now added to their squad. they also have the bonus of losing that clown Hamill. yep they may miss Stevenson for his goals and dig but Alexander is more than adequate replacement for McDonald
Hertz have a decent squad for this division when you factor in their yoof players who played most of last season are bedded in,surprised they let mcdonald go tbh but a;exander is as good as mcdonald was, new cb to pair with wilson is up in the air but i like their midfield gains, gomis +buaben know scottish fitba and know potter, they look solid and hardto beat though i dont see where their goals are coming from sans stevenson, i expect hertz to be hard to beat (as is the norm) thank fk they dont have a striker

Hibernia Na Eir
19-07-2014, 10:08 PM
so, another hard to beat Yumbo team. Again?

Christ, they thrive on anti adrenalin.

MSK
19-07-2014, 10:15 PM
so, another hard to beat Yumbo team. Again?

Christ, they thrive on anti adrenalin.Yip ..they beat the mighty East Fife ...lost to Man city ....and erm ...

Judas Iscariot
19-07-2014, 10:43 PM
Yip ..always good to pit yer wits against those of who we will be playing against in the SPL when we come up :agree:

No sure that united team will be anything like that in 2 seasons time..

Chance to play EPL champs or average SPL side?!

Know what I'd choose and after our 5k crowd against UTD, the rest of the Hibs fans will have agreed

boab1875
19-07-2014, 11:18 PM

Difficult to stomach most of what you said but have to admit I watched the city game and the cheats are looking like a good SPL outfit never mind a championship team. our progress thus far in the transfer window has been embarrassing and once again Hibernian are giving us nothing at all to be either positive or excited about. I like Stubbs but how slowly is the guy moving? we barely have a first 11 ffs. sickening to see Hearts bringing in guys like so and azturk who look the part. these are the guys we should be signing and surely we have a bigger budget than the Yams, yet we have only signed a couple of players. just another reason why I refuse to renew and watch that dross in the championship next season. really hope that I am wrong and we bring in some quality in the next few weeks but with petrie still in an influential position I doubt the pursestrings will be loosened to allow us to challenge next season.

Mikey09
20-07-2014, 02:13 AM

How is this in any way sour grapes?? Did the Barcelona game at murrayfield benefit the hibs players at all apart from getting a few souvenirs from a superstar who has just kept the ball off you for 90mins?? And before anyone suggests they will learn something from being on the same pitch as these guys then yeah..... They will learn they aren't as good as they think they are as a player!!! Which come to think of it might not be a bad thing.... :wink:

Turkish Green
20-07-2014, 03:39 AM
So what did Harry Potter do. He took the nucleus of last years kids and added a backbone: 2 keepers, a defender, 2 midfielders and 3 forwards. Are they any good is debatable but in comparison with AS it is miles ahead.

And none of this bravado that AS is only looking for the right player, so far we have a full back and a striker with time running out.

.Sean.
20-07-2014, 05:11 AM
The love-in/ admiration/ wistful and envious notions towards Hearts on here is making me sick.They've signed a few proven players, a couple nobodies and a couple of humpty's who've looked half-decent in bounce matches. Wow.

Nae wonder they see us as the Wee Team. The Hearts support in general seem to have a far better attitude and resilience compared to some of you lot. You'd never see a thread on KB with posters getting misty-eyed over Hibs. Have a bit of pride.

**** the Hearts.

hibbiedon
20-07-2014, 05:49 AM
Don't give a flying F for that lot !!!!! if I want to read about them I will go to kickback

Harpandcastle
20-07-2014, 06:33 AM
The love-in/ admiration/ wistful and envious notions towards Hearts on here is making me sick.They've signed a few proven players, a couple nobodies and a couple of humpty's who've looked half-decent in bounce matches. Wow.

Nae wonder they see us as the Wee Team. The Hearts support in general seem to have a far better attitude and resilience compared to some of you lot. You'd never see a thread on KB with posters getting misty-eyed over Hibs. Have a bit of pride.

**** the Hearts.

Hallelujah - someone talking a bit of sense. Some of the posts on this thread are shameful.

MSK
20-07-2014, 06:37 AM
Hallelujah - someone talking a bit of sense. Some of the posts on this thread are shameful.A bit dramatic naw ?.....rivals being discussed on a football forum ..whatever next !! :panic:

oramhibee
20-07-2014, 08:58 AM
Full time;

They're not Edinburgh's number 2 team! Especially when you've got teams like Spartans, Edinburgh City and Hutchie Vale!

emerald green
20-07-2014, 09:20 AM

**** the Hearts.

This. :top marksWhy do so many so-called Hibs supporters seem to admire HOMFC so much?

Scouse Hibee
20-07-2014, 09:25 AM
This. :top marksWhy do so many so-called Hibs supporters seem to admire HOMFC so much?

0/10 Why do so many Hibs supporters come out with this nonsense just because folk use another team in the same city as a comparison, admire them my erse!

emerald green
20-07-2014, 09:35 AM
0/10 Why do so many Hibs supporters come out with this nonsense just because folk use another team in the same city as a comparison, admire them my erse!

The way it comes across on here, you would never know it. Call it nonsense if you like, it's my opinion.

Why use HOMFC as a comparison? So what if they are in the same city? There are other teams that could be used.

Mikey09
20-07-2014, 09:37 AM
A bit dramatic naw ?.....rivals being discussed on a football forum ..whatever next !! :panic:

They crow about themselves enough without there rivals giving them a helping hand.... And over a friendly against Man City?? **** me.... If anything is dramatic it's that.

Scouse Hibee
20-07-2014, 09:51 AM

The way it comes across on here, you would never know it. Call it nonsense if you like, it's my opinion.

Why use HOMFC as a comparison? So what if they are in the same city? There are other teams that could be used.

:faf: That's priceless! Fans in big city compare their team against their major city rivals who play in the same league....................what a shocker eh, bet that doesn't happen in any other city :rolleyes:

Mikey09
20-07-2014, 10:05 AM
[QUOTE=emerald green;4101607]

:faf: That's priceless! Fans in big city compare their team against their major city rivals who play in the same league....................what a shocker eh, bet that doesn't happen in any other city :rolleyes:

Why anyone would want to compare Hibs with those lying, cheating, charity robbing tax dodging pricks is beyond me.

Hibbyradge
20-07-2014, 10:19 AM
[QUOTE=Scouse Hibee;4101599]

Good idea.

Let's compare ourselves to Raith Rovers.

:agree:

Scouse Hibee
20-07-2014, 10:20 AM
[QUOTE=Scouse Hibee;4101621]

Why anyone would want to compare Hibs with those lying, cheating, charity robbing tax dodging pricks is beyond me.

Yes you're right, as I settle in my seat and proceed to watch us getting humped by them again and again I always take great comfort from the fact that they might have beaten us, be higher in the league than us, but they have lied, cheated, robbed and dodged. It makes me feel all warm inside it does as I dismiss the actual football on the pitch.

Keith_M
20-07-2014, 10:21 AM
Yes you're right, as I settle in my seat and proceed to watch us getting humped by them again and again I always take great comfort from the fact that they might have beaten us, be higher in the league than us, but they have lied, cheated, robbed and dodged. It makes me feel all warm inside it does as I dismiss the actual football on the pitch.

:top marks

Ozyhibby
20-07-2014, 10:32 AM
Have Hearts improved?
Difficult to say.
Is Alexander an improvement on McDonald?
Are Gomis and Bauben better than Hammil and Stevenson?
Difficult to say for me.
The addition of the two strikers may have improved their options up front but that's it.
They were awful last season and I would have thought they needed more than the addition of a couple of strikers.

Scouse Hibee
20-07-2014, 10:33 AM
Have Hearts improved?
Difficult to say.
Difficult to say for me.
The addition of the two strikers may have improved their options up front but that's it.
They were awful last season and I would have thought they needed more than the addition of a couple of strikers.

Hopefully not!

Keith_M
20-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Have Hearts improved?
Difficult to say.
Difficult to say for me.

Well true, but they still managed to beat us regularly.

I get what you're saying though, they are really an unknown entity. As we don't even know what our team will be this season, that applies to us as well.

GreenCastle
20-07-2014, 10:42 AM
Have Hearts improved?
Difficult to say.
Difficult to say for me.

I think they have improved and will be better this season.

The younger players have last seasons experience - they will be more confident from that and won't have the pressure of avoiding relgation behind them every game.

The players they have brought in I would have taken at Hibs - they seem to have a plan and a style of play using creative wide players. We struggle for any wide play right now.

I think their GK and back 4 will be strong and organised but how well they do will depend on the middle / final 3rd. Do they have enough firepower up front? If they add another striker possibly.

They weren't awful last season - we were awful and I have no faith in our lot beating them in 2nd game of the season as we are much furthur behind looking like a team.

Not a bed wetter / jambo lover - just reality that many on here can't see.

Mikey09
20-07-2014, 11:06 AM
[QUOTE=Mikey09;4101636]

Don't think it makes anyone all warm inside that they cheated there way to minor success..... It does however make quite a few people, and not just Hibs fans, angry they wipe out the millions they spent on this minor success, cheating other clubs out of potential prize money and maybe a wee bit of success on the park suffering pretty pathetic sanctions. They have signed some players and played man city??? WOW ****** WEE!!! So yeah, :top marks for you, but others feel differently which doesn't make them wrong....

emerald green
20-07-2014, 11:43 AM
[QUOTE=emerald green;4101607]

Of course it happens in every big city where two teams play. Well done for drawing that to my attention thanks. 10/10.

That just conveniently misses the point though, i.e. the seeming admiration that some posters (I'm not singling you out personally, but you seem to have reacted to what I posted quite forcefully) on these threads seem to have for HOMFC, especially when comparing them with HFC.

I don't believe that it's a valid comparison, given how HOMFC have managed to get where they are as a club right now. Some Hibs supporters seem to have very short memories.

There are threads praising HOMFC to the heavens for all their signings, compared to Hibs; their huge sales of season tickets, compared to Hibs, and so on. There are those who do seem to have what's almost like an inferiority complex when it comes to HOMFC. Ever wonder why they call us the "wee team"?

I simply don't believe it's a fair or valid comparison, given their recent past history going back to at least the beginning of the Romanov era. We should not be giving them any praise or credit whatsoever.

Mikey09
20-07-2014, 12:09 PM

Of course it happens in every big city where two teams play. Well done for drawing that to my attention thanks. 10/10.

That just conveniently misses the point though, i.e. the seeming admiration that some posters (I'm not singling you out personally, but you seem to have reacted to what I posted quite forcefully) on these threads seem to have for HOMFC, especially when comparing them with HFC.

I don't believe that it's a valid comparison, given how HOMFC have managed to get where they are as a club right now. Some Hibs supporters seem to have very short memories.

There are threads praising HOMFC to the heavens for all their signings, compared to Hibs; their huge sales of season tickets, compared to Hibs, and so on. There are those who do seem to have what's almost like an inferiority complex when it comes to HOMFC. Ever wonder why they call us the "wee team"?

I simply don't believe it's a fair or valid comparison, given their recent past history going back to at least the beginning of the Romanov era. We should not be giving them any praise or credit whatsoever.

Always happens when a rival club are signing players and your club isn't. The thing with this situation tho is Levien was sounded out about taking over at the PBS a long time ago and will have been actively seeking new players. Whilst at our club it all went horribly wrong, relegation I mean, which no one really believed would happen ( cue the I told you so brigade ). The sacking of yet another manager has put us back yet again for signing players but does anyone think the yams are gonna be way in front of us talent wise on the park?? I don't. Let them bang there own drum.... It's just I for one wouldn't help the cheats bang it as well.....

Scouse Hibee
20-07-2014, 12:30 PM

We'll have to agree to disagree then, I don't think there are any Hibs fan who posts on this board with admiration for Hearts. I do however think there are plenty who are looking across the road at signings, ST sales etc and comparing them with what we have done and rightly so in my opinion expressing their concerns at the comparison. It's not an inferiority complex, it's making a like for like comparison between two teams from the same city in the same league preparing for the new season ahead.

macd123
20-07-2014, 03:13 PM
[QUOTE=emerald green;4101717]

We'll have to agree to disagree then, I don't think there are any Hibs fan who posts on this board with admiration for Hearts. I do however think there are plenty who are looking across the road at signings, ST sales etc and comparing them with what we have done and rightly so in my opinion expressing their concerns at the comparison. It's not an inferiority complex, it's making a like for like comparison between two teams from the same city in the same league preparing for the new season ahead.

Exactly. Hearts and rangers are our promotion rivals so we have to compare. They will be fielding spl standard teams with some pace and physicality. We are going to have to match that if we want to get promoted.

The_Horde
20-07-2014, 05:26 PM

**** the Hearts.

Although you've kinda contradicted yourself at the end I fully agree with the notion of this post.

The seasons not even started yer folks, chill the **** out.

The_Horde
20-07-2014, 05:33 PM
I find it hilarious though. Our new manager is still assessing the squad we have. Everybody who wanted Butcher sacked must've known that it would put us majorly behind in preparation for the new season. (Dragging out the sacking didn't help matters either)

Regardless of whether butcher should've went or not if he'd stayed we'd have a full squad raring to go for it right now but nobody here or at hibs wanted him and we find ourselves where we are. It will come together before the end of the window, I have faith in that.

But you can't expect us to be as prepared as the diet and new huns because, well, we just haven't had the same time to prepare.

emerald green
20-07-2014, 06:00 PM

Always happens when a rival club are signing players and your club isn't. The thing with this situation tho is Levien was sounded out about taking over at the PBS a long time ago and will have been actively seeking new players. Whilst at our club it all went horribly wrong, relegation I mean, which no one really believed would happen ( cue the I told you so brigade ). The sacking of yet another manager has put us back yet again for signing players but does anyone think the yams are gonna be way in front of us talent wise on the park?? I don't. Let them bang there own drum.... It's just I for one wouldn't help the cheats bang it as well.....

:agree: Same here Mikey.

emerald green
20-07-2014, 06:01 PM

Fair enough Scouse. Lets call it a day on this one.

Phil MaGlass
20-07-2014, 09:19 PM
[QUOTE=Scouse Hibee;4101763]

Exactly. Hearts and rangers are our promotion rivals so we have to compare. They will be fielding spl standard teams with some pace and physicality. We are going to have to match that if we want to get promoted.

No. Hearts and the rangers are promotion rivals. We do not come into that equation. Too little too little.

Lee
20-07-2014, 09:38 PM
[QUOTE=macd123;4101968]

No. Hearts and the rangers are promotion rivals. We do not come into that equation. Too little too little.

I wouldn't be counting us out of any title race just yet - yeah, we have a fair bit of ground to make up in terms of bringing in the players we need, but the league ain't won in July....

boab1875
20-07-2014, 09:42 PM

10/10 for that post. as much as I hate the cheats with every fibre of my body, it is difficult to ignore what is happening there just now in comparison with the embarrassing effort down at ER. it is this we should and have been angry about and those who have expressed that opinion are correct and should not be targeted by the "let's lambaste anyone who speaks ill of Hibernian" clique. I hate when people pretend that everything is ok at Hibs just now purely to not appear weak to the **** across the city. people are correctly criticising the club and demanding that they do better. this does not equate to a "love in" as regards the cheats. we have some of the best and most dignified fans in Scotland who deserve better. those washed up p**cks in gorgie certainly dont.

blackpoolhibs
20-07-2014, 10:40 PM
;4102066']I find it hilarious though. Our new manager is still assessing the squad we have. Everybody who wanted Butcher sacked must've known that it would put us majorly behind in preparation for the new season. (Dragging out the sacking didn't help matters either)

Regardless of whether butcher should've went or not if he'd stayed we'd have a full squad raring to go for it right now but nobody here or at hibs wanted him and we find ourselves where we are. It will come together before the end of the window, I have faith in that.

But you can't expect us to be as prepared as the diet and new huns because, well, we just haven't had the same time to prepare.

Pretty much like the rest of us, i hope you are right.

macd123
21-07-2014, 03:39 AM
;4102066']I find it hilarious though. Our new manager is still assessing the squad we have. Everybody who wanted Butcher sacked must've known that it would put us majorly behind in preparation for the new season. (Dragging out the sacking didn't help matters either)

Butcher should have gone before the play offs. Regardless i would rather be where we are now than with a full squad under butcher and malpas.

Pete
21-07-2014, 04:40 AM
Who's quoting who?

Is it me? Is it you?

Pete
21-07-2014, 05:14 AM

Humped by them again and again? Some people don't half like to exaggerate. We were beaten more times last season because we were woeful but wee hopeless Pat had the measure of them the season before that. The twenty odd seasons before that they were cheating so excuse some people for not taking that into consideration.

Some people are now uncomfortable comparing ourselves with them in any way and it's totally understandable. There actually are things to admire about hearts, especially the old club. However, the Romanov regime will forever be remembered as disgusting for so many reasons by some people and that will be an overriding factor.

They've lied, cheated and done nothing while paedophilia was condoned in pursuit of success. Every 1-5 gesture you see is a reminder that they don't care two hoots and have no scruples.

Nobody has any right to question anyone's attitude towards them after the way they've behaved.

Pete
21-07-2014, 05:28 AM
10/10 for that post. as much as I hate the cheats with every fibre of my body, it is difficult to ignore what is happening there just now in comparison with the embarrassing effort down at ER. it is this we should and have been angry about and those who have expressed that opinion are correct and should not be targeted by the "let's lambaste anyone who speaks ill of Hibernian" clique. I hate when people pretend that everything is ok at Hibs just now purely to not appear weak to the **** across the city. people are correctly criticising the club and demanding that they do better. this does not equate to a "love in" as regards the cheats. we have some of the best and most dignified fans in Scotland who deserve better. those washed up p**cks in gorgie certainly dont.

http://sojo.net/sites/default/files/mainimages/blog/shutterstock_50492266.jpg

Lucius Apuleius
21-07-2014, 07:26 AM
I'm away to kill myself after burning my ST of course.

Turkish Green
21-07-2014, 07:38 AM
I'm away to kill myself after burning my ST of course.
I burned my Hibs/Barca scarf in a funeral pyre and sent it back to RP by courier.

That'll show him (won't it?).

The_Horde
21-07-2014, 07:56 AM
Butcher should have gone before the play offs. Regardless i would rather be where we are now than with a full squad under butcher and malpas.

I think you're probably right and speak for the majority of hibs fans.

But it's these same hibs fans who expect us to then be as prepared as our rivals who've had a whole season to prepare for this.

SaulGoodman
21-07-2014, 09:06 AM
Who were Hearts playing pre-season when we played Barca?

Were they making a big deal about it?

GreenCastle
21-07-2014, 09:11 AM
Who were Hearts playing pre-season when we played Barca?

Were they making a big deal about it?

They played Barcelona the year before so weren't that bothered about it.

This isn't so much about them playing City - it's more that considering everything that they have gone through in the past 12 months they are looking likely to mount a serious challenge to win the league this season.

We should be in a much stronger place than we are now but due to some horrendous decisions made at the club last season we are starting as outsiders to get promoted.

SaulGoodman
21-07-2014, 09:21 AM
They played Barcelona the year before so weren't that bothered about it.

This isn't so much about them playing City - it's more that considering everything that they have gone through in the past 12 months they are looking likely to mount a serious challenge to win the league this season.

We should be in a much stronger place than we are now but due to some horrendous decisions made at the club last season we are starting as outsiders to get promoted.

They knew from the very start of the season they were probably going to get relegated. They've had a whole year to prepare.

We didn't know until that game against Hamilton. Even then after that game we've got a new CEO, whole new back room staff, new manger, new sponsorships, got rid of a lot of players.

And still brought in two permanent signings, with more to come probably.

People complain that we'll end up buying last minute duds but weren't Jorge Claros and James Mcpake deals completed on deadline day? Sometimes good players come on the last day.

I get where people are coming from but I'd rather people waited until the season started before writing off our chances

EDIT: Another thing, how does it look like they're going to mount a serious challenge for the title? Because they've made more signings?

Turkish Green
21-07-2014, 09:43 AM
Another thing, how does it look like they're going to mount a serious challenge for the title? Because they've made more signings?

I do not think so. Livingston have brought in as many new signings as the yams with no-one quoting them for promotion. What people are comparing is Hearts' end of season form under Locke and how the nucleus of that team has been strengthened by Potter with decent players.

At goalkeeper, they have replaced the competent MacDonald with arguably a better keeper in Alexander and then as No 2 they have brought in Gallagher from The Huns. What have Hibs done to replace Williams: they have a inexperienced French goalkeeper on trial who has not played any first team games and has been without a club for the past year.

I worry that despite Hibs' decent pre-season form they will struggle against stronger attacks. Both Falkirk and Hearts have squads averaging 21 years and we know that Nelson is not the nimblest of CHs.

Hopefully things will happen this week. :confused:

GreenCastle
21-07-2014, 09:44 AM
They knew from the very start of the season they were probably going to get relegated. They've had a whole year to prepare.

We didn't know until that game against Hamilton. Even then after that game we've got a new CEO, whole new back room staff, new manger, new sponsorships, got rid of a lot of players.

And still brought in two permanent signings, with more to come probably.

People complain that we'll end up buying last minute duds but weren't Jorge Claros and James Mcpake deals completed on deadline day? Sometimes good players come on the last day.

I get where people are coming from but I'd rather people waited until the season started before writing off our chances

EDIT: Another thing, how does it look like they're going to mount a serious challenge for the title? Because they've made more signings?

I wouldn't say they had a whole year to prepare - yes they had more chance of going down than us at the start but they didn't get rid of high earners till end of the season plus throughout most of the season their club was on life support.

We have made changes with playing staff - but so have they.

We have made made board room changes - but so have they.

We have new back room staff - but so have they.

We have brought in 2 players - but considering we have known for months about Williams leaving - we still don't have a decent Number 1 keeper - a position we have struggled with for many years.

Having seen the players they have brought in to compliment last seasons players they will finish above us. Regarding challenge for the title - they have a balanced team mixed with experience and youth. It doesn't matter about number of signings it's about quality in each position and on bench - currently they have more dynamic better footballers than ours. Let's hope we strengthen ideally before the season starts or at worst before the window closes end of August (several games into the season).

dangermouse
21-07-2014, 10:07 AM
Difficult to stomach most of what you said but have to admit I watched the city game and the cheats are looking like a good SPL outfit never mind a championship team. our progress thus far in the transfer window has been embarrassing and once again Hibernian are giving us nothing at all to be either positive or excited about. I like Stubbs but how slowly is the guy moving? we barely have a first 11 ffs. sickening to see Hearts bringing in guys like so and azturk who look the part. these are the guys we should be signing and surely we have a bigger budget than the Yams, yet we have only signed a couple of players. just another reason why I refuse to renew and watch that dross in the championship next season. really hope that I am wrong and we bring in some quality in the next few weeks but with petrie still in an influential position I doubt the pursestrings will be loosened to allow us to challenge next season.

Without money, we cannot sign players.

GreenCastle
21-07-2014, 10:30 AM
Without money, we cannot sign players.

Without a product many fans won't buy / renew.

Turkish Green
21-07-2014, 10:56 AM
We didn't know until that game against Hamilton.

The moot point would be that after winning the first leg 2-0 away, there should have been no panic in the camp concerning relegation. Hibs should not have been relegated. TB just lost the plot after Jason Scotland scored in 13 minutes. The picture of TB trying to fly with his arms doing windmills will live with me forever.

I do not believe that either RP or TB had an alternative plan in place. Both are arrogant men and I believe that when that 2nd leg kicked off neither man contemplated relegation.

It would only be after the 25 May that reality finally sank in but then RP waited for LD to commence her job on 01 June and then they further wait until 10 June to sack TB.

The yams clearly had a year to prepare for relegation although any plans were hampered by the insolvency of the Lithuanian banks. But I suspect that Budgie & Potter had everything ready to go as soon as leaving of administration was announced on 11 June.

TB was sacked on 10 June. GL was sacked on 11 June. The difference was that Budgie had the replacement ready and waiting while LD had to go to the market.

The player embargo by the SFA may have proved a blessing in disguise as it gave the yams time to blood their youngsters who clearly came onto a game by the end of the season while Hibs were imploding.

I have an inkling that this coming season will be a very difficult one for AS. I wish him luck and the fans patience.

SaulGoodman
21-07-2014, 11:05 AM
I do not think so. Livingston have brought in as many new signings as the yams with no-one quoting them for promotion. What people are comparing is Hearts' end of season form under Locke and how the nucleus of that team has been strengthened by Potter with decent players.
:

We had a good end to the season under Fenlon, we had beat Hearts, finished 7th with more points with the team in 6th.

We made arguably good signings on paper to strengthen the nucleus of the team that finished 7th; Liam Craig, Rowan Vine, Heffernan, Collins, Roberston..

Yet the season after didn't really go according to plan did it? It's no good throwing the towel in now just because some teams look better on paper.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-07-2014, 11:47 AM
I see Alvaro Negredo has announced that he broke a bone in his foot on Friday night and will be out for a few months. I suppose thats the risk these big EPL teams take when they play THEM in a glamour pre-season game!

emerald green
21-07-2014, 12:17 PM

I was going to call it a day on this thread, but I would like to make a couple of final points:

I personally am not in any clique, especially a "let's lambast anyone who speaks ill of Hibernian" clique. People are entitled to express their opinions here and I respect that, although I may not always agree with them. That's one of the good things about this forum. I have never pretended that everything is ok at Hibs. Far from it.

I have criticised HFC often enough (Board of directors, Rod Petrie, previous managers and players) where I think it's fair and justified. I will also give credit to those at the club, directors, CEO, coaches & players where and when it's due.

What I don't agree with is the regular "bigging-up" and praise for all things related to HMFC.

Turkish Green
21-07-2014, 12:46 PM
Yet the season after didn't really go according to plan did it? It's no good throwing the towel in now just because some teams look better on paper.
The die was cast by Malmo. After that defeat the remainder of Fenlon's reign was tainted.

We have no benchmark to compare, so we have to go on paper. IMO, on paper The Huns, Yams and Bairns have better squads, currently, than Hibs. It may well be different in a couple of weeks when AS brings in some new faces but as it stands now on paper Hibs look to have a threadbare squad.

That's me being pragmatic. Let's hope I am proven totally wrong.

California-Hibs
21-07-2014, 12:54 PM

**** the Hearts.

Agreed, it's embarrassing at times!

Kato
21-07-2014, 01:08 PM
Agreed, it's embarrassing at times!

Agreed, also. Especially time and again on the same thread.

Scouse Hibee
21-07-2014, 05:27 PM
Humped by them again and again? Some people don't half like to exaggerate. We were beaten more times last season because we were woeful but wee hopeless Pat had the measure of them the season before that. The twenty odd seasons before that they were cheating so excuse some people for not taking that into consideration.

Some people are now uncomfortable comparing ourselves with them in any way and it's totally understandable. There actually are things to admire about hearts, especially the old club. However, the Romanov regime will forever be remembered as disgusting for so many reasons by some people and that will be an overriding factor.

They've lied, cheated and done nothing while paedophilia was condoned in pursuit of success. Every 1-5 gesture you see is a reminder that they don't care two hoots and have no scruples.

Nobody has any right to question anyone's attitude towards them after the way they've behaved.

Wake up pal and smell the coffee

Pete
21-07-2014, 10:54 PM
Wake up pal and smell the coffee

:coffee: