View Full Version : Hibernian Bulletin 17 July

lapsedhibee
17-07-2014, 04:17 PM
"There will much more opportunity..."

Not even proof read.

Disgrace.

cabbageandribs1875
17-07-2014, 04:19 PM
child ST's from £6.25 :confused: it should be from £6.25 for the Adults as well :greengrin might buy two

jacomo
17-07-2014, 04:22 PM
How many counts of 'going forward'.

Both LD and AS seem enamoured of this pointless phrase, so going forward we can expect to hear it much more often.

If possible, can we go backwards to the time when Hibs had a decent team?

Emerald
17-07-2014, 04:27 PM
How many counts of 'going forward'.

Both LD and AS seem enamoured of this pointless phrase, so going forward we can expect to hear it much more often.

If possible, can we go backwards to the time when Hibs had a decent team?

Yes, going back to a Hibs team that goes forward :)

jacomo
17-07-2014, 04:36 PM
Yes, going back to a Hibs team that goes forward :)

:aok:

This is probably the most annoying thing about 'going forward'... in its original football context, it has genuine meaning. Shame it's now used by idiots everywhere.

Pete
17-07-2014, 04:41 PM
Sometimes you have to go backwards to go forward.

jacomo
17-07-2014, 04:47 PM
Sometimes you have to go backwards to go forward.

Indeed. But unless you're Marty McFly, you are a slave to the endless, unstoppable march of time.

Leitherhibs
17-07-2014, 05:03 PM
What is the hibernian bulletin? Am i missing something?

Keith_M
17-07-2014, 05:06 PM
Maybe we should have a regular game of Bullsh*t Bingo for Hibs pronouncements.

:wink:

silverhibee
17-07-2014, 05:11 PM

This. :greengrin

lapsedhibee
17-07-2014, 05:18 PM

Regular e-mail communication sent out by the club to the supporters it values. Did you not get one? :hmmm:

Smartie
17-07-2014, 05:21 PM
Is a bulletin an electronic begging bowl?

lapsedhibee
17-07-2014, 05:27 PM
Is a bulletin an electronic begging bowl?

That, but not only that. Also bringing news of "an opportunity watch the squad train".

Wasn't opportunity watch some sort of talent show on the tellybox when we were good, or goodish?

Hoping the squad train will be a leeannesque transport upgrade, going forward, on the venga bus.

SaulGoodman
17-07-2014, 05:31 PM
I hope this thread is one big joke.

I really do.

lapsedhibee
17-07-2014, 05:49 PM
I hope this thread is one big joke.

I really do.

Nah, the bulletin's real. Mostly an appeal for peeps to buy STs, but not a very carefully crafted one. "Follow Hibernian of Twitter" :bitchy: Pretty shoddy presentation. English really isn't that hard.

Presume anyone who's ever given the club their e-mail address gets it.

silverhibee
17-07-2014, 06:09 PM
Regular e-mail communication sent out by the club to the supporters it values. Did you not get one? :hmmm:

nope, but Hibs don't have my e-mail address.

lapsedhibee
17-07-2014, 06:34 PM
nope, but Hibs don't have my e-mail address.

That could be the reason, or it could be that you're just not valued. The e-mail I got assured me that I was valued.

Can't copy and paste but the bulletin was really only drawing attention to two items, both on the fishy site: ST deals and the Open Training Session on 31 July. Padding these out was a lot of blablabla about significant change, challenges ahead, opportunity ...

Inoffensive enough (apart from the failure to proofread, obviously).

Bostonhibby
17-07-2014, 07:01 PM

Twice a year we give a manager the bullet? Dunno.....

jacomo
18-07-2014, 11:09 AM
The email itself is sent as an embedded image or something, so I can't copy and paste here, but here's the key message:

I can fully appreciate why as a supporter you may have fallen out of love with your club. I can reassure you that we have a plan and that there is change happening now and that by buying a season ticket, you are not only part of the Club but you are part of the change.

It then goes on to outline the option to pay in installments (interest free) and is signed off "Yours in sport, Leann Dempster".

I think we can all agree that our new CEO is not much of a copy writer, but I find it hard to disagree with the broad sentiment of the message. She's a bit hamstrung because Petrie has been banging the drum about things will be different from now on, pls buy a season ticket for years, but the club do need to push season ticket sales as high as they can.

FranckSuzy
18-07-2014, 11:13 AM
Can't have been David Forsyth that wrote this then (for once....) as his English is impeccable :tee hee:

lapsedhibee
18-07-2014, 11:17 AM
The email itself is sent as an embedded image or something, so I can't copy and paste here, but here's the key message:

It then goes on to outline the option to pay in installments (interest free) and is signed off "Yours in sport, Leann Dempster".

I think we can all agree that our new CEO is not much of a copy writer, but I find it hard to disagree with the broad sentiment of the message. She's a bit hamstrung because Petrie has been banging the drum about things will be different from now on, pls buy a season ticket for years, but the club do need to push season ticket sales as high as they can.

If that's really how she signed off, then she can't spell her own name. :wink:

While wishing the new regime well - if indeed it is a new regime, on which this jury member's still out - the message in the bit you've quoted is just nonsense. "Buy a ST and you'll be part of the change." Ludicrous. Someone's told her that supporters have been crying out for change, and she's decided that the word "change" will be the hook on which she hangs the annual appeal for ST money. Just ask for the money, don't make up nonsense!

Crazyhorse
18-07-2014, 11:40 AM

Not really.

flash
18-07-2014, 11:46 AM
At least the bulletin has given some the chance to bore the erse off the rest of us with their relentless nitpicking negativity.

jacomo
18-07-2014, 11:53 AM
At least the bulletin has given some the chance to bore the erse off the rest of us with their relentless nitpicking negativity.

Is there a need for this?

As always, if you're not bothered, don't read the thread!

I work in the entertainment industry (not football) where we sell tickets to new and repeat customers. We take enormous care over our marketing and communications, because they help to shape how people perceive us.

lapsedhibee
18-07-2014, 12:19 PM

A peculiarly modern fad, the belief that attention to detail is a waste of time.

Hibby70
18-07-2014, 12:45 PM
Must have been the email sent to the part time supporters that haven't renewed due to them concentrating more on the black cloud that follows them around all the time.

lapsedhibee
18-07-2014, 12:55 PM
Must have been the email sent to the part time supporters that haven't renewed due to them concentrating more on the black cloud that follows them around all the time.

:agree: That's certainly what my old teachers used to say - getting things right is exactly the same thing as being depressed. Slapdash is the way to go for a happy life. :agree:

Islington Hibs
18-07-2014, 03:17 PM
"There will much more opportunity..."

Not even proof read.

Disgrace.
I receive these random emails. I actually quite like receiving them. At least the club is trying to engage. They English could be better but so what they at least have bothered to try and tell me what is going on. Well done, Hibs, keep it up!

happiehibbie
18-07-2014, 04:06 PM
Is there a need for this?

As always, if you're not bothered, don't read the thread!

I work in the entertainment industry (not football) where we sell tickets to new and repeat customers. We take enormous care over our marketing and communications, because they help to shape how people perceive us.

This is what is wrong at Hibs they except mediocre performances from all staff Our marketing is awful or media team are awful and the boss thinks they are doing a heat job Leanne needs to clean the lot out we need to build relationships with everyone but our fans like me are a fickle lot we love to be negative. I have said this before I am looking forward to this season what will be will be but I will always be a supporter long after the dafties have gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FranckSuzy
18-07-2014, 06:25 PM
This is what is wrong at Hibs they except mediocre performances from all staff Our marketing is awful or media team are awful and the boss thinks they are doing a heat job Leanne needs to clean the lot out we need to build relationships with everyone but our fans like me are a fickle lot we love to be negative. I have said this before I am looking forward to this season what will be will be but I will always be a supporter long after the dafties have gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to be honest and say I don't agree with you here. Some people may need to up their game a bit but they're not all "awful".

Gerard
18-07-2014, 06:51 PM
Got to be honest and say I don't agree with you here. Some people may need to up their game a bit but they're not all "awful".

I agree with FS the staff at Hibs are doing their best. We can always aspire to doing better. Leeann has come into our club and is doing a very good job as our full time CEO. In time every department of Hibs will be influenced by her micro and then macro management of our club. They say change is not always an easy thing for people to accept but without change how can people aspire to develop their talents. IMO the signing of Ms Dempster will be seen as being a good signing for the future of our club. The time has come to look forward to a new Hibs that aspires to being successful as a football club made possible by managing its funds and having the audacity to want more funds for better players.