PDA

View Full Version : Sean Murdoch

Hibeesmad
16-07-2014, 09:13 PM
Making an interesting comment about Alan Combe and Scott Thomson on twitter

“@seanmurdoch01: Madness how Hibs have signed Combe on a player coach deal although he's not played for 3 years & Scott Thomson is still signed as GK coach!!”

“@superhibi: @seanmurdoch01 he might be a better coach?”

“@seanmurdoch01: @superhibi he's not.”

Dunbar Hibee
16-07-2014, 09:15 PM
Making an interesting comment about Alan Combe and Scott Thomson on twitter

“@seanmurdoch01: Madness how Hibs have signed Combe on a player coach deal although he's not played for 3 years & Scott Thomson is still signed as GK coach!!”

“@superhibi: @seanmurdoch01 he might be a better coach?”

“@seanmurdoch01: @superhibi he's not.”

How would Sean Murdoch know?

Hibeesmad
16-07-2014, 09:16 PM
How would Sean Murdoch know?

Exactly, him and other players released by butcher seem to be very bitter

Heisenberg
16-07-2014, 09:17 PM
Sean Murdoch needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.

MyJo
16-07-2014, 09:18 PM
Sean Murdoch has played about 4 more times that Combe in the last three years then. I wouldn't be overly worried about his opinion

Ross89
16-07-2014, 09:21 PM
Think he has a valid point about us paying a double wage though - paying Thomson and Combe doesn't seem to make much sense (although I wouldn't imagine that Combe is on much money).

Hibeesmad
16-07-2014, 09:24 PM
Think he has a valid point about us paying a double wage though - paying Thomson and Combe doesn't seem to make much sense (although I wouldn't imagine that Combe is on much money).

Scott Thomson was at Cowdenbeath with Jimmy Nicholl the end of last season, he's also not on the coaching staff of the club website. There is no proof as to whether he is still at the club or not

Ozyhibby
16-07-2014, 09:26 PM
What has Sean Murdoch achieved that would make his opinion worth listening to? He needs to move on.

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2014, 09:27 PM

It seems strange that the players all get a clean slate, but Thomson does not? I mean even Marsala has been kept on by the club, has Thomson done somthing wrong?:confused:

It does seem strange we are paying 2 goalkeeping coaches, when in reality i doubt Stubbs know much about either.

Ross89
16-07-2014, 09:31 PM
Scott Thomson was at Cowdenbeath with Jimmy Nicholl the end of last season, he's also not on the coaching staff of the club website. There is no proof as to whether he is still at the club or not

My comments were made on the assumption that Thomson is still on our books (as stated by Murdoch) and is therefore still being paid.

Great news if he's not !!!!!

Hibeesmad
16-07-2014, 09:31 PM
It seems strange that the players all get a clean slate, but Thomson does not? I mean even Marsala has been kept on by the club, has Thomson done somthing wrong?:confused:

It does seem strange we are paying 2 goalkeeping coaches, when in reality i doubt Stubbs know much about either.

I was under the impression he is now working for cowdenbeath?

Hibeesmad
16-07-2014, 09:32 PM
My comments were made on the assumption that Thomson is still on our books (as stated by Murdoch) and is therefore still being paid.

Great news if he's not !!!!!

Surely he must be gone if Combe is coming in but as you said, very stupid if we are paying both

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2014, 09:34 PM
I was under the impression he is now working for cowdenbeath?

I'd heard the same, but it was said on here he was still on our payroll.

Maybe he is off the payroll now?

Ross89
16-07-2014, 09:35 PM
I agree with your sentiments - I think Sean Murdoch does also (and that's exactly why he's tweeted!)

Sounds like we are paying 2 wages to me - crazy!

IberianHibernian
16-07-2014, 09:37 PM
Seems to be questioning why we`re paying a new goalie coach while still paying another ? He has a point if that`s true and it probably is - position of Scott Thomson was mentioned several times here in threads last season after Butcher and his assistants arrived . We seem to have some financial problems and but for 2 great SC runs would be a lot worse so the % of money spent on players and management / coaching staff which seems to go on compensation or paying folk who are no longer working for us must be considerable . Anyway , it`s time to look for positives and to hope that we can recover from mistakes made by board and manager in last 8 months . As for goalies , I`m not sure who took decision not to offer Sean a new contract ( or maybe he was offered a much - reduced deal ) but I`ll be very surprised if we have signed 2 goalies of his standard by the time the league starts .

givescotlandfreedom
16-07-2014, 09:58 PM
I agree with your sentiments - I think Sean Murdoch does also (and that's exactly why he's tweeted!)

Sounds like we are paying 2 wages to me - crazy!

Three if we are paying Marsella too unless he is solely scouting?

3pm
16-07-2014, 10:25 PM
Seems ST is the better coach....not sure how Murdoch knows that but if it's right then it doesn't seem a logical appointment.

Jones28
16-07-2014, 10:30 PM
I'd feel a bit bitter if I was SM too tbh.

And if we are paying 2 people to do the same job it's a wee bit nuts.

matty_f
16-07-2014, 10:39 PM
I think he makes a fair point.

macd123
16-07-2014, 10:58 PM
Surely he must be gone if Combe is coming in but as you said, very stupid if we are paying both

I don't believe for a minute we are paying both unless we are paying out his contract.

I would have hoped thomson would have been kept for the simple reason he sorted our goalkeeping situation.

Dashing Bob S
16-07-2014, 11:12 PM
Murdoch has to learn to be more PC.

craigmounthibby
16-07-2014, 11:29 PM
This is utter madness, if Scott Thomson is still being paid by the club.

TowerHibs
16-07-2014, 11:43 PM
Strange, left the club so Sean should move on. Idiot comment bout lack of games combe has played...murdoch will be not far off it

lord bunberry
16-07-2014, 11:46 PM
How old is Scott Thomson and could he have been a player coach?

Iain G
17-07-2014, 12:44 AM
Murdoch has to learn to be more PC.

Will be renaming you Fat (Dashing) Bob...

Dashing Bob S
17-07-2014, 01:02 AM
Will be renaming you Fat (Dashing) Bob...

Sadly, not too wide of the mark, Iain. Have gotten a little bit portly of late, too much of the good life. But I'm back in the gym and dispensing with the foie gras, so I expect positive results.

#2 Double Tap
17-07-2014, 01:38 AM
remember colin murdock - he was honking

Ray_
17-07-2014, 03:46 AM
Sean Murdoch needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.

Why? Too many have left Hibs and were unable to speak, which has often been a topic of contention on here and then when one does.......

Allant1981
17-07-2014, 05:53 AM
It was me who said that combe was possibly a better coach and he wasnt long in saying he's not, dunno how he would know this but he does come over a bit pee'd off with most things hibs just now

truehibernian
17-07-2014, 06:04 AM
Dundee United did the same with Steve Banks did they not ?

jodjam
17-07-2014, 06:59 AM
How old is Scott Thomson and could he have been a player coach?

Year above me at Trinity so will be 47

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-07-2014, 09:49 AM
Sean Murdoch looked decent in the games he played. Surprised we didn't keep him on considering Williams was leaving regardless.

Jamesie
17-07-2014, 11:54 AM
Year above me at Trinity so will be 47

Just a youngster then: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee/8638423.stm

Smartie
17-07-2014, 12:37 PM
Sean Murdoch looked decent in the games he played. Surprised we didn't keep him on considering Williams was leaving regardless.

That's what I thought. He had a very good game up at Perth in March/April.

Given the clubs he's been at before he can't have been on that big a wage either.

I thought he deserved a crack at establishing himself as our no.1, but he was part of the Butcher cull.

I wondered if Stubbs may even invite him back for a trial? I can't see us getting much better on our budget.

percy veer
17-07-2014, 12:57 PM
he seems a rather bitter soul, reading through his tweets. he never done anything special when he replaced williams in my opinion and even dropped a few crosses here and there, Cant remember the game that cost us a goal.

I think ibs done th riht thing letting him go and concenrate on getting 1 top keeper backedup with the youngster and combe on a player coach role.

ian omand
17-07-2014, 01:39 PM
he seems a rather bitter soul, reading through his tweets. he never done anything special when he replaced williams in my opinion and even dropped a few crosses here and there, Cant remember the game that cost us a goal.

I think ibs done th riht thing letting him go and concenrate on getting 1 top keeper backedup with the youngster and combe on a player coach role.

So, according to this thread we are now paying for two goalie
coaches but have no established senior goalkeeper!
Meanwhile the Gunts have signed a very good goalkeeper
and are in talks with another.
Although we do have on trial a goalie who according to
the Daily Express has not played since last summer.
You could not make this up.
Quality? my er@e.

Scouse Hibee
17-07-2014, 10:02 PM
So, according to this thread we are now paying for two goalie
coaches but have no established senior goalkeeper!
Meanwhile the Gunts have signed a very good goalkeeper
and are in talks with another.
Although we do have on trial a goalie who according to
the Daily Express has not played since last summer.
You could not make this up.
Quality? my er@e.

Game over!