PDA

View Full Version : Open Training Session

Speedway
16-07-2014, 02:51 PM
From Hibs Facebook Page:

OPEN TRAINING SESSION

Our Chief Executive Leeann Dempster has said that she would like to see the stadium used more frequently and importantly wants to make Easter Road open and accessible not only to all supporters but for the community at large.

To start the process and to prepare for the season ahead, all supporters are invited to come along and watch the squad prepare for the start of the new season and our Petrofac Training Cup tie at Rangers by attending an open training session at Easter Road on Thursday 31 July.

Alan Stubbs and his coaching staff are keen to for the team to meet with supporters and this session – FREE to everybody – will give spectators an opportunity watch the squad train from the East Stand (open from 11am).

In looking to the future, Stubbs believes the open training session will be a progressive step in driving Hibernian forward, galvanising the bond with the home crowd and making Easter Road an enjoyable place to play and watch football.

Stubbs said: “Easter Road is a fantastic stadium and I can remember being blown away by the atmosphere whenever I played there – we need to use that to our own advantage this season.

“Hopefully supporters attending this training session will see first-hand what we’re trying to achieve and that will help to get everybody onside and pulling in the same direction when the season kicks off.

“There is an exciting season ahead and we want to make coming here to Easter Road an enjoyable experience for our supporters. This is the first of many ideas that we have and outside of the games and training, I know that

Leeann is very keen for us to be involved more in the community and the good work that is being done.”

The Clubstore will be open from 10am, so pop in and purchase the latest 14/15 merchandise before the session starts and there will also be a catering kiosk open during the session.

After the session, players will be available for photographs and autographs (from midday to 12.30pm) - we look forward to seeing you at Easter Road.

HibbyAndy
16-07-2014, 02:57 PM
Good to ken :aok:

Wilson
16-07-2014, 02:59 PM
Bring your goalie gloves.

hibbydog
16-07-2014, 03:58 PM
Aye it's free to get in, but mind and go into the club shop and spend yer hard earned....

andyf5
16-07-2014, 04:08 PM
Aye it's free to get in, but mind and go into the club shop and spend yer hard earned....
I'm not sure what your point is? Open training sessions are a great idea and done by Werder Bremen. It can build the supporter base and therefore income and that increases the chance of success. Selling more merchandise also strengthens the club. What's not to like?

Ringothedog
16-07-2014, 04:17 PM
I'm not sure what your point is? Open training sessions are a great idea and done by Werder Bremen. It can build the supporter base and therefore income and that increases the chance of success. Selling more merchandise also strengthens the club. What's not to like?

This.

I sometimes despair at the negativity of some posters:fuming:

Oscar T Grouch
16-07-2014, 04:26 PM
Great idea by the club. Hope it's well attended. Anything to improve the atmosphere at ER is good. I'm really looking forward to the new season.

Ringothedog
16-07-2014, 04:31 PM
Great idea by the club. Hope it's well attended. Anything to improve the atmosphere at ER is good. I'm really looking forward to the new season.

Hoe dare you be positive about something the club has done. Go to the naughty step!!

Tricla
16-07-2014, 04:33 PM

Don't go then

whiskyhibby
16-07-2014, 04:35 PM

I'm not sure that it's mandatory to visit the shop............Christ what a moaner......or a Jambo clown?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hibby Gav
16-07-2014, 04:38 PM
Don't go then

this.....

They can't win with some people can they...

zlatan
16-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Open day :hyper:

Why did they ever stop?

CropleyWasGod
16-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Thursday?

How dare they?

Poor show.

etc etc

:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Its a great idea, one of many that's coming out the club these days. :top marks

Ringothedog
16-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Thursday?

How dare they?

Poor show.

etc etc

I agree no thought for those of us who are working. I can't make it when there is a Y in the day of the week.:agree:

Lucius Apuleius
16-07-2014, 05:06 PM

Do yourself and us a bloody favour will you. Pee off.

sidjames
16-07-2014, 05:17 PM
Open BTG and sell brunch. And pints of course. And have advisors on how to invest in season membership. Free tee shirts for small kids.

weecounty hibby
16-07-2014, 05:46 PM
Open BTG and sell brunch. And pints of course. And have advisors on how to invest in season membership. Free tee shirts for small kids.

Actually a very good idea. Why just open training? Why not have sales advisor types trying to sell STs, hospitality, advertising etc. doesn't need to be a hard sell just have them on hand if anyone wants to chat.
Open days used to be great and i always enjoyed getting along to them when i could. Well done on bringing them back Hibs

oneone73
16-07-2014, 05:52 PM
Actually a very good idea. Why just open training? Why not have sales advisor types trying to sell STs, hospitality, advertising etc. doesn't need to be a hard sell just have them on hand if anyone wants to chat.
Open days used to be great and i always enjoyed getting along to them when i could. Well done on bringing them back Hibs
Didn't Yogi do something similar? Who can forget the crossbar challenge?

Jonnyboy
16-07-2014, 06:11 PM

This.

I sometimes despair at the negativity of some posters:fuming:

Does this qualify as a dog fight or must Bob Marley's canine also be involved? :greengrin

emerald green
16-07-2014, 06:28 PM
It's a great initiative from LD and the club. This would have been unthinkable in days gone by.

Are Hibs the only club in Scotland doing this and leading the way?

bighairyfaeleith
16-07-2014, 06:52 PM
Great idea, think I will pop up for half an hour as probably not going to make any more pre season games

Tricla
16-07-2014, 06:53 PM
Does this qualify as a dog fight or must Bob Marley's canine also be involved? :greengrin

HibbyAndy
16-07-2014, 07:04 PM
Photies and Autographs?..hell yeah ill be there with the bairns!..Wee guy wants his pic with Jason Cummings.:cb

silverhibee
16-07-2014, 07:05 PM
Its a great idea, one of many that's coming out the club these days. :top marks

Did we not used to have these kind of days many years ago, i remember going along to ER and Donald Park doing training sessions on the pitch with the first team and stuff outside the main stand for the kids, and there were good numbers attending, would just seem that Petrie has also neglected that as well, seems to have gave up on the customers.

Hope he (RP) isn't attending any games next season, he is not welcome at ER any more.

silverhibee
16-07-2014, 07:09 PM

Bobs just a pup. :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-07-2014, 07:10 PM

Ringothedog
16-07-2014, 07:17 PM

:top marks

oconnors_strip
16-07-2014, 07:28 PM
Hibs used to have Hibs kids open days where you got to watch the training then mingle with the players and get photos etc. latest a whole day not 1hr 30mins. If the club think everyone will get all their photos and autographs in that 30min slot then I imagine a lot of unhappy fans.

Not knocking the day before anyone says I am

portycabbage
16-07-2014, 07:52 PM
Photies and Autographs?..hell yeah ill be there with the bairns!..Wee guy wants his pic with Jason Cummings.:cb

Isn't he injured? Cummings that is, not your wee guy!

HibbyAndy
16-07-2014, 07:54 PM
Isn't he injured? Cummings that is, not your wee guy!

Hink he is mate aye...But surely JC will be at the open day to sign Autographs and pose for photies..If no Leanne Dempster can GTF!!!!!

:wink:

Jones28
16-07-2014, 08:42 PM

It's not a museum, the exit isn't through the gift shop.

hibbydog
16-07-2014, 09:16 PM
Do yourself and us a bloody favour will you. Pee off.

Oh dear oh dear

I like the idea of the open training session, I just don't see the need to constantly point us in the direction of the club shop.

Ok entry is free but with the expensive season tickets, it kind of feels like we're being treated as a source of income rather than fans.

That's all.

No abuse please.

weonlywon6-2
16-07-2014, 09:22 PM

Hibs is a business,why keep the doors closed,silly comment,no one is forcing you to spend money but if you want to you can,simple really

givescotlandfreedom
17-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Oh dear oh dear

I like the idea of the open training session, I just don't see the need to constantly point us in the direction of the club shop.

Ok entry is free but with the expensive season tickets, it kind of feels like we're being treated as a source of income rather than fans.

That's all.

No abuse please.

I seem to remember the club getting grief for the shop not being open for a free stadium tour day recently.
Ideally folk will buy something and help the club but nobody's going to force them.

HibbyAndy
17-07-2014, 07:12 PM
Oh dear oh dear

That's all.

No abuse please.

See im in the complete opposite camp.

Whilst im in Leith ( Cause i stay in Penicuik) Ill take advantage and nip in and buy the kids the new strips and other bits and pieces as will loads of other fans.

Good call hibs :aok:

Lucius Apuleius
18-07-2014, 05:26 PM
Oh dear oh dear

That's all.

No abuse please.
We are a source of income. That's all.

.Sean.
20-07-2014, 06:32 AM

Petty, immature, pointless dig. Grow up eh.

GreenLake
20-07-2014, 07:04 AM
Hibs used to have Hibs kids open days where you got to watch the training then mingle with the players and get photos etc. latest a whole day not 1hr 30mins. If the club think everyone will get all their photos and autographs in that 30min slot then I imagine a lot of unhappy fans.

Not knocking the day before anyone says I am

To meet the players and get autographs at Man Utd's open training in Pasadena next Tuesday night, it cost $600 for two VIP tickets which gets seats on the grass beside the session. I notice THE rangers came over here just before Man Utd but they played Ventura County Fusion rather than the LA Galaxy. Open training for the huns would have been $3 worth of food stamps or a few slices of orange.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-07-2014, 07:05 AM

Iirc the shop was open after free stadium tours laid on by the Hibstorical Trust as part of the Leith Festival. Same opinion on that I guess?
And sales and marketing get a hard time. Some Folks make me wonder at times...

dp00
20-07-2014, 05:42 PM
Can't win really.... People would moan if shop was closed, people moan if shop is open

FranckSuzy
20-07-2014, 09:37 PM
I seem to remember the club getting grief for the shop not being open for a free stadium tour day recently.
Ideally folk will buy something and help the club but nobody's going to force them.

:agree: :top marks