PDA

View Full Version : Open Championship Betting

Golden Bear
16-07-2014, 12:09 PM
The third major tournament of the year is upon us and a very talented field is set to take on the challenge of Hoylake near Liverpool.

As ever, golf betting is notoriously difficult with so many fancied golfers in the field.

My hot tips for this year are:-

Paul Casey (65/1) He's gradually returning to his brilliant best.

Henrik Stenson (18/1). As ever, he'll not be far away.

Graeme Mcdowall (33/1) Didn't play in the Scottish Open last week but showed impressive form in winning the French Open only a fortnight ago.

Mikko Ilonen (75/1) This year's winner of the Irish Open, still in good form, and he looks fantastic odds at 75/1.

I can't wait until the first tee off time at 6.25am tomorrow morning.

:thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
16-07-2014, 12:32 PM
On G-Mac, Fowler and Spieth for noo.

Will invest further after the cut :cb

lugz
16-07-2014, 01:16 PM
I got Scott, Dustin Johnson and Scwartzel in the work sweepstake (only pays winner) so stuck money on all 3 each way.

If none of them come in I'd like to see Fowler win it.

Carheenlea
16-07-2014, 11:13 PM
On G-Mac, Fowler and Spieth for noo.

Will invest further after the cut :cb

I have backed Fowler as well. I was up at Royal Aberdeen on Sunday and watched Rickie Fowler on the practice range, and he was hitting it absolutely fantastic. Every shot was sounding really solid, and his 3 woods off a tee peg were fired like a rocket barely 15 foot in the air which is a great attribute for links golf. His ball striking on the practice range was by far the most impressive from what I saw. He went out after that to shoot 65. 71,71,68,65 so improving his scoring into weekend, acclimatising, preparing well and going to Hoylake in great shape.

DarrenSQH
17-07-2014, 08:50 AM
Woods already +2

Sergio on -2

Rory looks to have started well too.

easty
17-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Im on Matsuyama, Dufner and Bradley.

IWasThere2016
17-07-2014, 12:30 PM
I have backed Fowler as well. I was up at Royal Aberdeen on Sunday and watched Rickie Fowler on the practice range, and he was hitting it absolutely fantastic. Every shot was sounding really solid, and his 3 woods off a tee peg were fired like a rocket barely 15 foot in the air which is a great attribute for links golf. His ball striking on the practice range was by far the most impressive from what I saw. He went out after that to shoot 65. 71,71,68,65 so improving his scoring into weekend, acclimatising, preparing well and going to Hoylake in great shape.

My thinking too mate.

I always back G-Mac and Spieth is from Dallas (I have a dalmatian called Dallas) and was born same week as my daughter - so sound logic there too :greengrin

3pm
19-07-2014, 09:31 PM
I put cash on Fowler. The reason I did it was that TQM partook and he's a jammy *******.

Backfired. TQM.....yer a prick! 👍

Godsahibby
20-07-2014, 08:20 AM
First time in a long time I can enjoy the final day of a major still with a couple of horses in the race. Fowler to win might be tough but Dubuisson e/w gives me some hope.

lugz
20-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Going to miss the final day as im working but still in with a chance on all 3 each way shots. Hopefully Scwartzel can have a good day and end in top 7!

Godsahibby
20-07-2014, 05:50 PM
Bloody Frenchman can never trust them

Carheenlea
20-07-2014, 09:31 PM
The third major tournament of the year is upon us and a very talented field is set to take on the challenge of Hoylake near Liverpool.

As ever, golf betting is notoriously difficult with so many fancied golfers in the field.

My hot tips for this year are:-

Paul Casey (65/1) He's gradually returning to his brilliant best. T 47th

Henrik Stenson (18/1). As ever, he'll not be far away. T 39th

Graeme Mcdowall (33/1) Didn't play in the Scottish Open last week but showed impressive form in winning the French Open only a fortnight ago. T 9th

Mikko Ilonen (75/1) This year's winner of the Irish Open, still in good form, and he looks fantastic odds at 75/1. 70-78 Missed Cut

I can't wait until the first tee off time at 6.25am tomorrow morning.

:thumbsup:

Always next year John :greengrin

I had two wagers -
E/W on Rickie Fowler which proved to be a canny investment and and E/W on Stephen Gallacher, who had a good Open which will do his Ryder Cup hopes no harm at all and pocketing 70 odd thousand in prize money on the way.

DarrenSQH
21-07-2014, 11:10 AM
Woods already +2

Sergio on -2

Rory looks to have started well too.

Should have put a bet on. 9.50 on the thursday and thought Sergio and Rory looked on form.

Golden Bear
21-07-2014, 12:24 PM
Always next year John :greengrin

I had two wagers -
E/W on Rickie Fowler which proved to be a canny investment and and E/W on Stephen Gallacher, who had a good Open which will do his Ryder Cup hopes no harm at all and pocketing 70 odd thousand in prize money on the way.

And the moral of the story is:

Ye're better being a lucky punter than a skillful one.

:greengrin

IWasThere2016
21-07-2014, 10:25 PM
I put cash on Fowler. The reason I did it was that TQM partook and he's a jammy *******.

Backfired. TQM.....yer a prick! 

LOL! I won on Fowler .. twice .. as I was on e/w each time :greengrin At 40s before the off, and 18s on Friday night

And yer right re jammy - I'm just about £1,500 up on the bookies in the last year :thumbsup: