PDA

View Full Version : Coulson (merged)

Juice-Terry
16-07-2014, 11:19 AM
What do people think of him? I've seen him play two halves (Berwick and Dunfermline) and I've seen nothing that impresses me. People on Facebook seem to be of a different opinion. Thoughts?

JIm
16-07-2014, 11:36 AM
Only saw him at last nights game as i wasn't at Berwick. Thought he did quite well at times in first half, not shy in going forward and trying to take a man on, delivery was average. Didn't have an awful lot to do defensively.

nribs
16-07-2014, 11:40 AM
What do people think of him? I've seen him play two halves (Berwick and Dunfermline) and I've seen nothing that impresses me. People on Facebook seem to be of a different opinion. Thoughts?

Thought he looked Ok nothing spectacular but think he there is potential there, thought he played better than Gray who replace him.

bingo70
16-07-2014, 11:41 AM
I've not seen him play but it must have been a difficult couple of games for a defender to prove themselves.

In order to get noticed I'd have thought he'd Maybe try and do things he normally wouldn't do or maybe try too hard when he did get a chance.

I've no idea though.

Juice-Terry
16-07-2014, 11:56 AM
...thought he played better than Gray who replace him.

Yes, Gray didn't do much yesterday, but he was excellent at Berwick.

southern hibby
16-07-2014, 11:56 AM
Thought he looked Ok nothing spectacular but think he there is potential there, thought he played better than Gray who replace him.

Did look better than Gray, seemed to be looking for the ball and for space too. Not really tested defensively, however seemed to be always 4 or 5 yards infront of the other 3 defenders. Not sure if this was to give an option to go forward or if a lack of concentration I'n keeping the line.

Did look fit and matched Dunfermline for pace. Would like to see 2 or 3 games against higher opposition before making a comment on whether we should sign him or not.

On a different note, the Dunfermline goalkeeper was very impressive last night. If he keeps up that performance he will definitely be going places. Great reflexes which he proved I'n his shot stopping, got his angles spot on. Not sure about coming for cross balls as non really came to him but he looks a good prospect on first impressions.

GGTTH

edwards
16-07-2014, 12:01 PM
I've not seen him play but it must have been a difficult couple of games for a defender to prove themselves.

In order to get noticed I'd have thought he'd Maybe try and do things he normally wouldn't do or maybe try too hard when he did get a chance.

I've no idea though.

Thought he had quite a good game and can play on the right of midfield, can motor up and down the wing and looks comfortable on the ball and didn't waste a pass [ from what I can remember ]

Hibeewilly
16-07-2014, 12:08 PM
I didn't think he got many touches last night. Most of our attacks in the first half went down the left hand side

nribs
16-07-2014, 12:09 PM
Just to point out my comments about Coulson looking better than Gray last night weren't me knocking Gray, it can be difficult to try and play your way into a game and he's still finding his feet and fitness level,

Nevi_SOL
16-07-2014, 12:13 PM
Just to point out my comments about Coulson looking better than Gray last night weren't me knocking Gray, it can be difficult to try and play your way into a game and he's still finding his feet and fitness level,

This. I don't think either played badly

GGTTH

Juice-Terry
16-07-2014, 12:28 PM
On a different note, the Dunfermline goalkeeper was very impressive last night. If he keeps up that performance he will definitely be going places. Great reflexes which he proved I'n his shot stopping, got his angles spot on. Not sure about coming for cross balls as non really came to him but he looks a good prospect on first impressions. GGTTH

Apparently he's on loan from Partick Thistle, so maybe they're willing to listen to offers? MotM yesterday - only slightly ahead of Nelson. :agree:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-07-2014, 12:46 PM
Not getting a contract.

Juice-Terry
16-07-2014, 01:09 PM
Not getting a contract.

Good, and good luck to him.

CockneyRebel
16-07-2014, 01:13 PM
As it says....

As what says?

Gordy M
16-07-2014, 01:15 PM
As what says?
There is tweet on the fb page from stv news saying he wouldnt be offered a contract?

GGTTH07
16-07-2014, 01:21 PM
How do u know that?

Greencore
16-07-2014, 01:21 PM
As what says?

As the title of the thread says...........................................

Lago
16-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Another one bites the dust. Wonder what happened to last weeks 4 signings?

thebakerboy
16-07-2014, 05:42 PM
He has just tweeted goodbye Scotland best of luck for season to Hibs , guess that means he is not staying

lumbo_hfc
16-07-2014, 07:33 PM
Did look better than Gray, seemed to be looking for the ball and for space too. Not really tested defensively, however seemed to be always 4 or 5 yards infront of the other 3 defenders. Not sure if this was to give an option to go forward or if a lack of concentration I'n keeping the line.

Did look fit and matched Dunfermline for pace. Would like to see 2 or 3 games against higher opposition before making a comment on whether we should sign him or not.

On a different note, the Dunfermline goalkeeper was very impressive last night. If he keeps up that performance he will definitely be going places. Great reflexes which he proved I'n his shot stopping, got his angles spot on. Not sure about coming for cross balls as non really came to him but he looks a good prospect on first impressions.

GGTTH maybe looked 4 or 5 yards ahead of the defenders because he was playing right wing back in a 3-5-2 in the first half.

Suprised he has not got a contract ahead of david gray to be honest, based on what i've seen in the last 2 friendlies. Coulson looks alot more comfortable on the ball and getting forward. I know playing full back is mainly about defending but it's no coincidence that our poor form recently has been when we have no full back capable of getting up the park and influencing thr game further forward. I hope gray can be this type of player and booth on the other side. Sick of the likes of stevenson playing there!!

Robinho08
16-07-2014, 07:51 PM
Was on the news saying Stubbs didn't offer him a contract.