PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Under 20s Face Spartans Tonight

RSS Bot
16-07-2014, 10:00 AM
Ainslie Park, kick off 7.30pm

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140716/under-20s-face-spartans-tonight_2262950_4005240)

Green&White
16-07-2014, 10:31 AM
Ainslie Park, kick off 7.30pm

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140716/under-20s-face-spartans-tonight_2262950_4005240)

where do the under 20's play their home games? at the training centre? cant see anything on the monstrosity that is the website. im intrested in going to watch them a few times this season and stay just down the road form the training centre.

big-mo
16-07-2014, 10:38 AM
The U20's should be playing all their home games at Spartan ground, Ainslie Park (https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=spartans+f.c.+ainslie+park&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAGOovnz8BQMDgz0HnxCnfq6-gWlxTpqpEheImW1UEW-ZrqWSnWylX1yQX1RSDKXiS1ITc60Si1LzEvWLSxJTMktzZ_-Lz_33Wv29j0qFgPjuB5HcTE1BABawG4RcAAAA&sa=X&ei=C1bGU9a2K6eM7QaYj4GgDQ&ved=0CHYQmxMoAjAO&biw=1680&bih=923). This is one of the spin offs from the deal with Spartans. George Craig is keen to start getting a good support behind the U20's whenever they play, this will adapt them to playing before bigger crowds when the make the step up.

KdyHby
16-07-2014, 11:12 AM
I can't see the entry price for tonight?

oconnors_strip
16-07-2014, 11:27 AM
I can't see the entry price for tonight?

Think it will be about £3 for an adult as per last season

Half time draw no doubt and good refreshment facilities

KdyHby
16-07-2014, 11:31 AM
Thanks OS

Brooster
16-07-2014, 01:12 PM
The U20's should be playing all their home games at Spartan ground, Ainslie Park (https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=spartans+f.c.+ainslie+park&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAGOovnz8BQMDgz0HnxCnfq6-gWlxTpqpEheImW1UEW-ZrqWSnWylX1yQX1RSDKXiS1ITc60Si1LzEvWLSxJTMktzZ_-Lz_33Wv29j0qFgPjuB5HcTE1BABawG4RcAAAA&sa=X&ei=C1bGU9a2K6eM7QaYj4GgDQ&ved=0CHYQmxMoAjAO&biw=1680&bih=923). This is one of the spin offs from the deal with Spartans. George Craig is keen to start getting a good support behind the U20's whenever they play, this will adapt them to playing before bigger crowds when the make the step up.

But will it adapt them to play on grass pitches?

oconnors_strip
16-07-2014, 01:32 PM

a lot of our opposition have synthetic pitches :wink:

Brooster
16-07-2014, 02:17 PM
a lot of our opposition have synthetic pitches :wink:

That's true but what I was alluding to was that I think it would be better if we played our home games on grass - similar to Easter Road. Just my opinion of course.

silverhibee
16-07-2014, 02:42 PM
Told my lad to look sharp when he plays at Spartans tonight, told him, "you just never know" Stubbs might see you in goals on the 5s pitch. :greengrin

Told him to wear his lucky Maka top.

DaveF
16-07-2014, 04:37 PM
I might head along to this tonight. Is it likely to be all U20's or is there a chance one or two who missed out last night may play?

oconnors_strip
16-07-2014, 05:44 PM
I might head along to this tonight. Is it likely to be all U20's or is there a chance one or two who missed out last night may play?

The lads who didn't get stripped last night who are atill under 20 and many other youths, including a 14 year old!

oconnors_strip
16-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Team news- Brennan, dunsmore, crane, Sinclair, Gardiner, martynuik, mccaffrey, martin, hendry, Todd, duthie

Lovely sunny evening down here at Ainslie park

Alan Combe on bench tonight

oconnors_strip
16-07-2014, 06:47 PM
1-0 Spartans after 10 mins

GoldenEagle
16-07-2014, 06:48 PM
Can someone let me know how Duthie plays as ive only heard good things about him

oconnors_strip
16-07-2014, 07:19 PM
Half time 1-0

Max Todd got subbed 2 mins before half time as took a knock, Ben Stirling on for him

DaveF
16-07-2014, 07:23 PM
Fairly even half with both sides having chances to score. Hibs fell asleep at a free kick allowing an easy backpost header. Todd off with an injury to back or hip.

silverhibee
16-07-2014, 08:13 PM
Fairly even half with both sides having chances to score. Hibs fell asleep at a free kick allowing an easy backpost header. Todd off with an injury to back or hip.

Hows ma lad doing on the 5 aside pitch, Liverpool top on with Hibs shorts. :greengrin

No sambas though.

oconnors_strip
16-07-2014, 08:21 PM
1-1 screamer from Sinclair

oconnors_strip
16-07-2014, 08:30 PM
Full time 1-1

DaveF
16-07-2014, 09:03 PM
Hows ma lad doing on the 5 aside pitch, Liverpool top on with Hibs shorts. :greengrin

No sambas though.

Never noticed him :greengrin

Decent game tonight. Sinclair's goal very much like Cummings 1st at Hamilton, and a draw was about right for the young lads as Spartans are a tough outfit who knock it about well.

cammy1969
16-07-2014, 09:14 PM
What happened to the lad Ewan smith who played in the middle was he released at the end of season always Thot he looked a good player ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveF
16-07-2014, 09:15 PM
What happened to the lad Ewan smith who played in the middle was he released at the end of season always Thot he looked a good player ?

Released. SMAXXA posted last night that Kilmarnock were looking at him.

cammy1969
16-07-2014, 09:26 PM
Released. SMAXXA posted last night that Kilmarnock were looking at him.

Thanks Dave hope the lad gets fixed up looked good on the ball had high hopes that he would get a chance here.

Mikey09
16-07-2014, 09:42 PM
Never noticed him :greengrin

Decent game tonight. Sinclair's goal very much like Cummings 1st at Hamilton, and a draw was about right for the young lads as Spartans are a tough outfit who knock it about well.

How did Aaron Dunsmore play. Seen him a couple of times and looks a lovely footballer.

Mikey09
16-07-2014, 09:44 PM

I heard he signed with St Johnstone.

DaveF
16-07-2014, 09:49 PM
How did Aaron Dunsmore play. Seen him a couple of times and looks a lovely footballer.

Was he right back? If so, he was OK? Likes a good moan though :greengrin

I thought the no6 who I think was Martynuik looked very composed but for a centre half looks a bit small.

oconnors_strip
16-07-2014, 10:12 PM

I thought the no6 who I think was Martynuik looked very composed but for a centre half looks a bit small.

Yes dunsmore was number 2 at right back

Mikey09
16-07-2014, 10:40 PM

Yeah that's him. Really like him. How did young Ben Stirling do Dave??

SMAXXA
16-07-2014, 11:31 PM
I heard he signed with St Johnstone.

No they offered him a deal at the same time hibs did, he declined them for hibs then hibs withdrew the offer and the st Johnston offer was no longer on the table. Sources close to killi tell me he's done great there scored against Rotherham and some other team and looks good. Like I've said before disappointed we let him go.

seemingly his family withdrew his younger brother from hibs 17s due to the way hibs messed about Euan and think the younger lad may be at St Johnston at the moment.

Twiglet
16-07-2014, 11:31 PM
Yes dunsmore was number 2 at right back

How old was the last boy to come on? He looked so young.
They did well I thought against tricky opposition who had age on their side. Was looking at website at ht and the oldest I saw was born in 95 and a few didn't even feature on the list. They the under 17s I guess as I recognise a few of their names.

silverhibee
16-07-2014, 11:32 PM
They did well I thought against tricky opposition who had age on their side. Was looking at website at ht and the oldest I saw was born in 95 and a few didn't even feature on the list. They the under 17s I guess as I recognise a few of their names.

Pretty sure someone said there was a 14 year old on the bench tonight.

Billy
16-07-2014, 11:36 PM
Pretty sure someone said there was a 14 year old on the bench tonight.

He came on in the second half: Adam Watson (16), Dave McKay (16), Ben Stirling (15), Kevin Waugh (15) and Callum Donaldson (14)

All of these lads got game time tonight.

Mikey09
16-07-2014, 11:54 PM
No they offered him a deal at the same time hibs did, he declined them for hibs then hibs withdrew the offer and the st Johnston offer was no longer on the table. Sources close to killi tell me he's done great there scored against Rotherham and some other team and looks good. Like I've said before disappointed we let him go.

seemingly his family withdrew his younger brother from hibs 17s due to the way hibs messed about Euan and think the younger lad may be at St Johnston at the moment.

Shame. We played the EOS side twice in a week at the end of the season in cups and I thought he was superb. Very good young player who can control a game and now will kick on at another club. Good luck to him.

big-mo
17-07-2014, 06:48 AM

They train and play on grass every day at HTC but a number of teams in the Championship play on synthetic pitches, even Killie will be playing on one soon.

Turkish Green
17-07-2014, 09:55 AM
Was looking at website at ht and the oldest I saw was born in 95 and a few didn't even feature on the list. They the under 17s I guess as I recognise a few of their names.
For next season I would reckon that 1995 would be the upper limit for players for the U20s. Many of the older lads (1994) from last seasons U20/EOS squad were released at the end of the season.

RIP
17-07-2014, 10:32 AM
For next season I would reckon that 1995 would be the upper limit for players for the U20s. Many of the older lads (1994) from last seasons U20/EOS squad were released at the end of the season.

Oh well - still hope for my talented son Cammy (born 1998).

He won't be anywhere near Edinburgh until 2015 at the earliest, due to completing his Highers this coming year at Crieff High. Plays in West Perthshire league after being signed for adult (i.e. not age-group) amateur outfit Strathearn Grove at age 15 in March. Playing against guys up to late 30's. Scored two rakers in successive games at end of last season.

Trial at Hibs last June with Bill Hendry went fairly well, then broke his arm. Doing his SFA Coaching badges with Keith Wright this week at Peffermill - absolutely thrilled to be coached by a club legend. Proud dad is sloping off work the morn to go down to watch. Keith couldnae believe Cam was only just turned 16 - made KW feel old!! :greengrin

Lester B
17-07-2014, 10:41 AM
Oh well - still hope for my talented son Cammy (born 1998).

He won't be anywhere near Edinburgh until 2015 at the earliest, due to completing his Highers this coming year at Crieff High. Plays in West Perthshire league after being signed for adult (i.e. not age-group) amateur outfit Strathearn Grove at age 15 in March. Playing against guys up to late 30's. Scored two rakers in successive games at end of last season.

Trial at Hibs last June with Bill Hendry went fairly well, then broke his arm. Doing his SFA Coaching badges with Keith Wright this week at Peffermill - absolutely thrilled to be coached by a club legend. Proud dad is sloping off work the morn to go down to watch. Keith couldnae believe Cam was only just turned 16 - made KW feel old!! :greengrin

Not so much a post as a plug Gordon! :wink:

RIP
17-07-2014, 12:54 PM
Not so much a post as a plug Gordon! :wink:

I'm shameless Dave - been touting the laddie to Danny Griffin at McDiarmid as well :greengrin. Embarrassingdads.com

DaveF
17-07-2014, 01:09 PM
He came on in the second half: Adam Watson (16), Dave McKay (16), Ben Stirling (15), Kevin Waugh (15) and Callum Donaldson (14)

All of these lads got game time tonight.

Wow, didn't realise they were that young!

Stirling in particular is a big unit for 15, and while he looks awkward, he can shift and put himself about. To be honest, I'm amazed at just how well those boys did considering their age.

GoldenEagle
17-07-2014, 01:57 PM
Wow, didn't realise they were that young!

Stirling in particular is a big unit for 15, and while he looks awkward, he can shift and put himself about. To be honest, I'm amazed at just how well those boys did considering their age.
Ben Stirling is the only lad at hibs who gets regulary selected for the national squads