PDA

View Full Version : Ronny Deila

Bad Habits
15-07-2014, 10:31 PM
Don't know if this has already been posted elsewhere

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28307088

Great way to endear yourself to the rest of Scottish football.

What a roaster :crazy:

Bostonhibby
15-07-2014, 10:34 PM

Celtc minded?

cleanyman
15-07-2014, 10:34 PM
Being a roaster aside.

Celtic are the Champions of Scotland, no way they should have so many qualifying games.

That's the way it is though.

TheFamous1875
15-07-2014, 10:36 PM

What a ****ing twat. If it wasn't for his ****ing incredible team buying out all the other teams' talent we'd have a better league and Celtic themselves would be a better team as they'd be playing against better opposition week in week out.

What an ignorant arse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

.Sean.
Seems like a right scatty fud. He'll be well suited to that horrible mob.

skipster7
He'll look a bit of a plum when they drop points to teams that "Drag them down " then. What a erse

Stax
15-07-2014, 10:42 PM

Lucky to get a 1 nil against 'minnows' in Iceland tonight. Chick dung & billy dodds ripping into Leigh as well tonight on the radio. Some things never change..

Jonnyboy
15-07-2014, 10:44 PM
Nice to see that the new man has quickly slipped into the Celtic way of doing things

Sir David Gray
15-07-2014, 11:30 PM
I saw this article just before setting off for Dunfermline tonight so I didn't have a chance to post anything but he seems like the kind of guy who will fit in perfectly at Parkhead.

I'm sure this will be the sort of thing that the Green Brigade would have been referring to with their "A man must be a Celt on and off the field" nonsense last season.

As for his comment about "the others dragging Celtic down", is he aware that clubs such as Kilmarnock, St Mirren and Motherwell are in such a weak position thanks in no small part to the fact that those clubs are based in towns where a large number of their inhabitants are going along to Parkhead every other week, therefore boosting the Celtic coffers and further weakening the opposition in Scotland.

I think I'm going to really dislike this guy, possibly even more so than his predecessor.

MWHIBBIES
15-07-2014, 11:34 PM
Feel free to take yer terrorist loving club and **** right off Ronny, I wouldn't miss you.

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-07-2014, 11:36 PM
What a prick. Should stick to cooking

TheFamous1875
15-07-2014, 11:41 PM
I'd also like to remind him that his best player (and captain) is Scott Brown, his two main strikers are Leigh Griffiths and Anthony Stokes and another main player in his squad is Charlie Mulgrew.

If the rest of us clubs are keeping them down, then how about they give back the players they took from other SPL teams and we'll see how much we're dragging them down then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

steakbake
15-07-2014, 11:45 PM
I think I'm going to really dislike this guy, possibly even more so than his predecessor.

At least he's starting out being disliked on his own merits, than jumping on what was originally, a Rangers bandwagon.

Not saying that's your reasons, but think a lot of people didn't like Lennon for reasons they're not even sure of themselves.

Sir David Gray
15-07-2014, 11:54 PM
At least he's starting out being disliked on his own merits, than jumping on what was originally, a Rangers bandwagon.

Not saying that's your reasons, but think a lot of people didn't like Lennon for reasons they're not even sure of themselves.

I disliked Neil Lennon whilst he was at Celtic for lots of reasons, none of which were down to either his place of birth or his religious persuasion and I think a lot of people were the same.

Lennon's behaviour at times during his years in Scotland, both as a player and a manager, was ridiculous.

Some of the things he has had to put up with has been shameful and totally out of order but he certainly made a lot of enemies with opposition fans with some of his antics.

NOLA
15-07-2014, 11:55 PM
i think he's talking about the other scottish teams recent piss poor efforts in european football which isn't helping the scottish co-efficient and thus making celtic play 3 qualy rounds? i agree with him on that score, (less said about our exploits last year the better) :wink:

steakbake
16-07-2014, 12:03 AM
i think he's talking about the other scottish teams recent piss poor efforts in european football which isn't helping the scottish co-efficient and thus making celtic play 3 qualy rounds? i agree with him on that score, (less said about our exploits last year the better) :wink:

Also agree in some way. various teams are simply poorly run. the league payment share doesn't help but he has a point. Our Malmo expedition wasn't taken seriously at all by the club - we were just happy to make up the numbers and have a wee party: like our last cup final appearance.

Nevi_SOL
16-07-2014, 12:12 AM
Boys a cock just like the man he replaced

GGTTH

Haymaker
16-07-2014, 12:36 AM
New Celtc manager. Same as the old Celtc manager.

BigKev
16-07-2014, 12:46 AM
Don't see what he's said that's wrong.

The European rankings should be on a club by club basis rather than on a country's co-efficient.

The whole nation co-efficient is designed to keep the big clubs in the big nations happy and that's it.

He's sticking up for his own side so I don't have a problem with it whether it be Celtic or anyone else.

Nutmegged
16-07-2014, 01:30 AM
Looks like some people are just trying to be offended/annoyed by this, nothing much he said was wrong or inaccurate IMO

I don't think he actually set out to cause offence to anyone in particular but just answered a pretty loaded question

Celtic are regular Champions League Club and in the last 8 year have got to the last 16 n three separate occasion so in that sense they shouldn't have to play qualifiers, the Co-efficient should be on a Club by Club basis not Country by Country

Michael
16-07-2014, 04:56 AM
He isn't far off though. In England the team that comes 4th only has to play one qualifier and 3rd gets straight to the group state. There should be less 2nd, 3rd and 4th placed teams in the champions league and more champions. I don't think it will happen though, because I think most people would rather watch someone like Arsenal than the champions of smaller nations.

weecounty hibby
16-07-2014, 05:30 AM
He isn't far off though. In England the team that comes 4th only has to play one qualifier and 3rd gets straight to the group state. There should be less 2nd, 3rd and 4th placed teams in the champions league and more champions. I don't think it will happen though, because I think most people would rather watch someone like Arsenal than the champions of smaller nations.
"Champions league" my arse. They should actually be done under the trades description act for that. Should be called " the competition designed to keep the richest clubs rich and the wee diddy clubs down". Farce of a competition now. Since it began how many times has a non champion won it? We will never see the likes of Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa, Celtic win it ever again. There is probably only about 10 clubs in Europe who now have a realistic chance of winning it and that is all down to the way it is designed to make money for them

Mikeystewart
16-07-2014, 06:29 AM
Playing devils advocate his comments may be insensitive but they aren't far from the truth. Hibs and other Scottish teams failing to reach the group stages of the Europa league have not helped the coefficient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tricla
16-07-2014, 06:38 AM
Being a roaster aside.

Celtic are the Champions of Scotland, no way they should have so many qualifying games.

That's the way it is though.

Pish.

They reap what they sow.

JDHibs
16-07-2014, 06:44 AM
Hes here to manage celtic and make them win, not make other clubs happy.

Jeez

cleanyman
16-07-2014, 07:28 AM
Pish.

They reap what they sow.

what's pish?

skipster7
16-07-2014, 07:40 AM
His club was one of 2 who made the league what it is.Want a more ccompetitive league ? Well dont try to hog 90% of the income through tv etc and watch the rest fight over scraps. Cant have it both ways imo .

AndyM_1875
16-07-2014, 07:52 AM
Scotland's coefficient is a direct result of the league it has had in the past.
That league was imposed upon us by two clubs for their benefit alone without a single thought for the Aberdeens, Hearts or Hibs. Those two clubs took 90% of the revenue.

For reasons that have been done over and over, One crashed into administration and then liquidation, got placed in Division 3 and is now in the Championship.

The other smugly sneered at its fallen rival but now with the interest gone plays in a stadium less than a third full most weeks yet has the sheer gall through its new puppet of a manager to blame its misfortune of having to play 3 qualifiers for the Champions League on teams with less than a tenth of its budget.

Bravo Ronny, you really are an utter fud.

Turkish Green
16-07-2014, 07:56 AM
What Deila states is correct. Due to Scotland's poor ranking, Celtic do have to play 3 qualifying games. However, IF Celtic are such a big club then they should find no difficulty in winning their qualifying games, no matter how many, as their opponents will be from other small countries and of a much poorer quality.

However, maybe Deila should be bleating to the SFA/SPL/SPFL about Scotland's poor ranking. The suits at Hampden made sure that the share of the revenue was biased so that the Bigot Bros took the lion's share depriving the other Scottish clubs of making a fist of it. Even the 4 games a season is designed to help the old firm to the detriment of the others. When the game in Scotland is played on a level playing field then maybe the ranking will go up but until then Scotland will continue to be grouped alongside other small countries.

Aberdeen having to start their qualifying at the beginning of July would have a bigger reason to complain (as an ex-cup winner).

hibee62
16-07-2014, 08:00 AM
Don't see what he's said that's wrong.

The European rankings should be on a club by club basis rather than on a country's co-efficient.

The whole nation co-efficient is designed to keep the big clubs in the big nations happy and that's it.

He's sticking up for his own side so I don't have a problem with it whether it be Celtic or anyone else.

If that's all he'd said there'd be no complaints. The sly dig at the rest of Scottish football isn't on though, especially when the only team with the power to change it is Celtic. If they want a more competitive league they have two options: leave or spread their wealth. I doubt he cares that strongly about being "dragged down"!

worcesterhibby
16-07-2014, 08:19 AM
"Champions league" my arse. They should actually be done under the trades description act for that. Should be called " the competition designed to keep the richest clubs rich and the wee diddy clubs down". Farce of a competition now. Since it began how many times has a non champion won it? We will never see the likes of Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa, Celtic win it ever again. There is probably only about 10 clubs in Europe who now have a realistic chance of winning it and that is all down to the way it is designed to make money for them

Nottingham Forest won it when they weren't champions of their own country :greengrin

I agree with your key point though. All clubs who win their home Championship (plus the holders of the CL) should get straight into the Group stages. The rest can fight it out in qualifiers.

EDIT: Ok I just realised there are 53 countries with teams in the Champions league, so the above is not going to work. What I would say is that NO team that does not win it's national league should get directly in to the Group stages (unless they are current CL holders). If that was the case there would be another 8 places available for actual champions from the next eight countries with the highest coefficient.

I have to say looking at the way UEFA work out who enters at what round absolutely baffles me. Celtic have a coefficient of 36.813 and have to start at the 2nd qualifying round stage. While Limassol of cyprus have a coefficent of 7.650 yet get to start at the third qualifying round stage ?????

In fact 6 of the 10 teams who enter at the 3rd round of qualifying have a worse coefficient than Celtic…how does that work ???

SanFranHibs
16-07-2014, 08:37 AM
May be slightly ill phrased but it is performances like ours last year that are dragging down our co-efficient.

As has been said the CL is designed to keep a few clubs from only several countries at the top, raking in the CL money.

Even Cyrpus, Denmark and Austria have slightly easier qualifying than us and Switzerland, Greece, Belgium and Turkey have their Champions automatically qualify in the group stages and their runners-up straight into Q3, whereas Celtic have to start at Q2 and our runners up not even in the qualifying rounds. Celtic may not have been good in the CL last year but their performances in the past few years must rank higher than being bracketed with Icelandic teams.

And I think it is time that some of our fans got their heads out the read ends regarding 'they reap what they sow 'nonsense. Hibs are a selling club. No-one forced us at gunpoint to sell Scott Brown, Whittaker, O'Connor, Rob Jones, Kevin Thompson, Ivan Sproule when Hibs fans thought Petrie was God and it was all a good bit of business, especially the 4.5 million for Brown. Of course, when we try and poach players from St. Johnstone or Inverness or whomever, it is ok. Or get their managers or executives...it is fine. We are a bigger club and they have smaller expectations. (How many times did I read that on this site regarding ICT and Butcher).

We have been a selling club since I can remember...Colin Stein, the first 100,000 transfer in Scotland and the following week he comes back and nets a hat trick as the old Rangers put 6 past us.

We reap what we sow !!!

SanFranHibs
16-07-2014, 08:49 AM
Nottingham Forest won it when they weren't champions of their own country :greengrin

I agree with your key point though. All clubs who win their home Championship (plus the holders of the CL) should get straight into the Group stages. The rest can fight it out in qualifiers.

EDIT: Ok I just realised there are 53 countries with teams in the Champions league, so the above is not going to work. What I would say is that NO team that does not win it's national league should get directly in to the Group stages (unless they are current CL holders). If that was the case there would be another 8 places available for actual champions from the next eight countries with the highest coefficient.

I have to say looking at the way UEFA work out who enters at what round absolutely baffles me. Celtic have a coefficient of 36.813 and have to start at the 2nd qualifying round stage. While Limassol of cyprus have a coefficent of 7.650 yet get to start at the third qualifying round stage ?????

In fact 6 of the 10 teams who enter at the 3rd round of qualifying have a worse coefficient than Celtic…how does that work ???

Quite like your idea that no team that does not win their countries league gets automatic entry to the group stage...but we know that will never fly as some of the top English, Spanish and German teams might not make it. Too many countries in 'Europe' now I think and somehow we have have Israel in. Ridiculous. 54 countries although Lichtenstein does not have a league therefore do not have entries to the club competitions so 53 like you said.

But as long as the top 6 - 8 teams in Europe are looked after then all is fine.

And as we all know...the best league this year will the Scottish Championship... Hibs, Rangers and Hearts. What co-efficient is that likely to produce? :wink:

worcesterhibby
16-07-2014, 08:50 AM
May be slightly ill phrased but it is performances like ours last year that are dragging down our co-efficient.

As has been said the CL is designed to keep a few clubs from only several countries at the top, raking in the CL money.

Even Cyrpus, Denmark and Austria have slightly easier qualifying than us and Switzerland, Greece, Belgium and Turkey have their Champions automatically qualify in the group stages and their runners-up straight into Q3, whereas Celtic have to start at Q2 and our runners up not even in the qualifying rounds. Celtic may not have been good in the CL last year but their performances in the past few years must rank higher than being bracketed with Icelandic teams.

And I think it is time that some of our fans got their heads out the read ends regarding 'they reap what they sow 'nonsense. Hibs are a selling club. No-one forced us at gunpoint to sell Scott Brown, Whittaker, O'Connor, Rob Jones, Kevin Thompson, Ivan Sproule when Hibs fans thought Petrie was God and it was all a good bit of business, especially the 4.5 million for Brown. Of course, when we try and poach players from St. Johnstone or Inverness or whomever, it is ok. Or get their managers or executives...it is fine. We are a bigger club and they have smaller expectations. (How many times did I read that on this site regarding ICT and Butcher).

We have been a selling club since I can remember...Colin Stein, the first 100,000 transfer in Scotland and the following week he comes back and nets a hat trick as the old Rangers put 6 past us.

We reap what we sow !!!

Your right of course in many ways, but the power is with the players these days, not the clubs. It's almost impossible for Hibs to hold on to players who know they could be across in Glasgow earning 5 or 10 times the wages, so it's normally a case of keep them against their will for an extra season then get nothing for them, or sell them when they demand that they want to go and at least make some money. It's a catch 22 situation and to just "Blame Petrie" is to suggest that Hibs are the only club effected by this, which you point out later in your post is not the case. We do it to "smaller" clubs ourselves. The trick is to somehow get your club further up the food chain. Plus in the last 20 years Rangers and Celtic have gone out of their way to buy players from Scottish teams to weaken them, even if it meant virtually never actually giving the bought player a game (as in the case of Deek). If The Old Firm had sought to bring on their own players and buy from outside Scotland then I suspect the other teams would definitely have stayed stronger. This would have benefitted the Old Firm with a better Euro coefficient, but in truth they just don't like the increased domestic competition.

SanFranHibs
16-07-2014, 09:26 AM
Your right of course in many ways, but the power is with the players these days, not the clubs. It's almost impossible for Hibs to hold on to players who know they could be across in Glasgow earning 5 or 10 times the wages, so it's normally a case of keep them against their will for an extra season then get nothing for them, or sell them when they demand that they want to go and at least make some money. It's a catch 22 situation and to just "Blame Petrie" is to suggest that Hibs are the only club effected by this, which you point out later in your post is not the case. We do it to "smaller" clubs ourselves. The trick is to somehow get your club further up the food chain. Plus in the last 20 years Rangers and Celtic have gone out of their way to buy players from Scottish teams to weaken them, even if it meant virtually never actually giving the bought player a game (as in the case of Deek). If The Old Firm had sought to bring on their own players and buy from outside Scotland then I suspect the other teams would definitely have stayed stronger. This would have benefitted the Old Firm with a better Euro coefficient, but in truth they just don't like the increased domestic competition.

Which was my point regarding selling. I was not blaming Petrie but highlighting the fact that he was held up as a financial god for us when in reality and I have said this in a few previous postings, all he done was sell off our best players and it was thought by many Hibs fans to be good business for the club. No-one can expect Celtic to 'spread the wealth' as was said on this thread. It has to be a league wide system to better serve the league by making it more competitive. Easier said than done I know but complaining because we are presently down on the food chain is not the answer.

Also, I don't think Celtic can be accused too much of not bringing in youths from their system or importing foreign players and I think Riordan is the only one that Celtic kept on the bench for personal reasons. It's not as if Stokes and Griffiths came through our youth system and they plucked them from our creche.

I don't like Celtic, I don't like Rangers but I am not going to blame them for our failings. We sell, they sometimes buy. If we had more money we would buy from clubs 'lower' down the food chain which in itself is becoming a problem as there are not many in Scotland below us on the food chain who actually have players worth buying.

I think for the next year or so we will have to rely heavily on youth, loans and the occasional free agent like El Alagui. Could be more productive than paying 150k-200k for mediocre players.

I am quite hopeful Stubbs can make some good loans/signings.

:flag:

Turkish Green
16-07-2014, 11:21 AM
The EPL teams have money to bring in international players from non-EU countries worldwide or top ranking players from within the EU. This is generally well above the level of players that Scottish clubs can attract so we are foiled by UK Immigration work permit rules for players from non-EU countries that are not current internationals. This is a good thing if you want to protect the nurturing of home grown talent but I cannot see how the likes of Man City and Chelsea buying up the market of foreign players does anything to progress the development of English youth. It could be argued that the failure of England in Brazil was as a result of a lack of players in key positions due to those positions being filled by foreign imports in the EPL.

Go take a look at teams in other European countries and count the number of Brazilian footballers that ply their trade in Portugal, Greece, Germany, Turkey, etc. the majority of whom are nowhere near international level. Teams like Ajax have made profit out of bringing young South Americans and Africans into their academy system (e.g. Zlatan, Suarez) and then selling them on. They can do this because other Eu countries do not have as stringent work permit rules as the UK. So what we see are players from the lower leagues in France, Netherlands, Spain, etc. coming to Scotland to play.

The men in blazers that sit in Hampden appear to be more interested in preserving there perks that making radical needed change to the game in Scotland.

givescotlandfreedom
16-07-2014, 12:16 PM
Aberdeen would have won last night with ease IMO. Does anyone know his religion because that's the only reason anyone would dislike a Celtc manager.

Hermit Crab
16-07-2014, 05:42 PM

He won't be in that seat long I don't think.

weecounty hibby
16-07-2014, 05:53 PM
Been thinking about this today. And the ugly sisters were two of the biggest advocates fot the champions league and were firmly behind it from the start. Now that they find themselves as one of the diddy teams there not happy. As with the way they control our leagues you reap what you sow assholes. No sympathy whatsoever and stop blaming every one else. Especially as RD doesn't appear to know his history, another in a long line of fuds in charge of the OF

bigwheel
16-07-2014, 06:08 PM
Aberdeen would have won last night with ease IMO. Does anyone know his religion because that's the only reason anyone would dislike a Celtc manager.

Eh ?????

Dashing Bob S
16-07-2014, 06:35 PM
As long as Celtic has the dipstick element of sad losers in their midst, (the ones who see supporting the club as being akin to membership of some bizarre sex cult) it will always generate a culture that turns reasonable people into rabid, slavering pricks, as they try to play to this gallery of weirdos. Martin O'Neil an excellent case in point.

MWHIBBIES
16-07-2014, 06:37 PM
Eh ?????Its a joke because Celtic fans thought people didn't like Lennon because of his religion.

Lucius Apuleius
16-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Those saying that he it's correct are of course right, the rest of us have pulled them down. However we have only pulled them down due to the finances they have compared to the rest of us. This is obviously due to bigger crowds. Which is due to them having better players and winning things. Which is due to them stealing all our bloody players.

Pedantic_Hibee
16-07-2014, 07:04 PM
As long as Celtic has the dipstick element of sad losers in their midst, (the ones who see supporting the club as being akin to membership of some bizarre sex cult) it will always generate a culture that turns reasonable people into rabid, slavering pricks, as they try to play to this gallery of weirdos. Martin O'Neil an excellent case in point.

Bravo!

NAE NOOKIE
16-07-2014, 09:29 PM
He has a point. But as others have said, the failure of Scottish teams in Europe for more than two decades has many causes and celtic along with their ugly sister have been part of the problem, certainly not part of the solution.

The so called Champions league is nothing of the kind, it should be called the 'Lets make sure the top clubs from countries with the biggest TV audience make the last 16 every year league' Coz that's the name of the game. If Ronnie Deila seriously thinks that UEFA are ever going to put sporting results over financial gain he has failed to grasp the truth everybody else realised years ago. The Champions? league is all about money and has little to do with sporting competition.