PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Numbers

Hfc_Since1875
15-07-2014, 02:03 PM
I see Hearts have broken the 11000 barrier today

As much as I hate to say it- It is an extremely impressive number!

It’s frustrating to see hearts thrive and unite in a time when it’s needed while we are still bickering when it seems we could have a manager and CEO who seems to have the right ideas at last and needs all the finance possible to build the squad up for the most competitive championship ever!

There’s no doubting that Hearts having 11000 ST's and probably 14-15000 every home game is going to be a huge benefit to them!

5500 is quite frankly and embarrassing number of ST's for a club our size

I have renewed but I wholeheartedly understand why a lot of people haven't yet!

Hopefully a few more signings and pre-season performances will entice a few more back! I for one am looking forward to this season with a bit more promise than I was even a week ago!

:flag::flag::flag:

lord bunberry
15-07-2014, 02:06 PM
I would imagine we have sold more than 5500

Bishop Hibee
15-07-2014, 02:12 PM
Return to the Premiership first time playing attractive football and we'll have 10K+ ST holders next season.

NOLA
15-07-2014, 02:21 PM
Hertz fans are now united behind their club, we I feel are still split up as a support.

nribs
15-07-2014, 02:23 PM
They feel blessed to even have a club to support. Had ours nearly died a death we would have sold more tickets.

Septimus
15-07-2014, 02:30 PM
Are Hibs not dying a long and slow death ? That is how it looks to me.

Pete
15-07-2014, 02:32 PM
If someone at hearts told me I had a hole in my erse...

EVENTUALLY
15-07-2014, 02:33 PM

It’s frustrating to see hearts thrive and unite in a time when it’s needed while we are still bickering when it seems we could have a manager and CEO who seems to have the right ideas at last and needs all the finance possible to build the squad up for the most competitive championship ever!

There’s no doubting that Hearts having 11000 ST's and probably 14-15000 every home game is going to be a huge benefit to them!

Hopefully a few more signings and pre-season performances will entice a few more back! I for one am looking forward to this season with a bit more promise than I was even a week ago!

£45 for a kid's ticket. It would be interesting to know total revenue taken for all ST sales.

RoscoHibby
15-07-2014, 02:34 PM
Both clubs go into this season in completely different circumstances. As much as we're city neighbours and in the 2nd tier, the previous 5-6years will change the outlook for both sets of supporters immensely, so much so it's not even worth comparison IMO.

If the hibs are playing even half decent...they will come. As poor and horrible as last season was, the hibs fans were outstanding. Far bigger attendances than they could even fit in that ***** hole.

It's frustrating for the club not to get all that money in beforehand, but we'll make a couple of good signings in January (from good PATG and subsequent half season tickets IMO) and they'll be keeping a fretful eye on the direct debits.

We do need to hit the ground running though...

southsider
15-07-2014, 02:35 PM
Are Hibs not dying a long and slow death ? That is how it looks to me.
Death by 1000 cuts under Petrie. We need a whole new direction and not under a chairman who had never attended a match until he was 40.

Hfc_Since1875
15-07-2014, 02:35 PM
Hertz fans are now united behind their club, we I feel are still split up as a support.

There really does feel a split in the support- even on this board -between the "Im not going back" and "Im not hapy but backing the team" camps

Unfortunately I feel that the a lot of people who are waiting for Petrie to Go completely will be waiting quite a while and in the meantime Hibs as a whole will suffer

I feel more satisfied that LD is running the club rather than Petrie but I dont see this being a majority opinion

greenpaper55
15-07-2014, 02:37 PM
Hearts have 11k eh, all the more to be p***** off when the results are bad !.

db03
15-07-2014, 02:43 PM
Hearts have probably sold so many because the cost of a season ticket at Tynecastle is ALOT cheaper than Easter road. If we had the same pricing as them then maybe we would have sold a lot more aswell.

Waxy
15-07-2014, 02:43 PM
11000 season tickets? Doubt it.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-07-2014, 02:46 PM

It's true. @Kenny_Millar: Good day of positive PR at Hearts with the announcement of 11k+ season ticket sales and Callum Paterson's new deal.

hibs4thecup1988
15-07-2014, 02:50 PM
You know what. I am sick of reading Hearts have sold this and we have sold that.

The total revenue for both clubs won't be vastly different lets be honest.

I know people will say if you don't care don't read etc, but it is difficult. Why can't we have a full day of positivity without attacking the cub regards the amount of season tickets sold? Yes I am more peeved off than anyone at the fact we have sold less than them over by, but I still believe it is a good amount given the costs involved.

silverhibee
15-07-2014, 02:51 PM
I would imagine we have sold more than 5500

Next person who gets one gets to play in goals for the season. :greengrin

Pete
15-07-2014, 02:53 PM
It's true. @Kenny_Millar: Good day of positive PR at Hearts with the announcement of 11k+ season ticket sales and Callum Paterson's new deal.

It's true because they've announced it?

Do people not learn? Telling lies is now in their DNA.

Www1875hfc
Hearts fan I spoke to today said he bought 4 kids season tickets.
Thing is,its Adults that are using those said tickets,
How many more have, or are doing the very same ?

Anyhoo, woopie****indoo to ther 11k.

hibeesjoe
£45 for a kid's ticket. It would be interesting to know total revenue taken for all ST sales.

I can see your point but at the same time it's bums on seats. It should create a better atmosphere as well as increasing shop and catering sales.

We were all gutted when we got relegated but hearts knew it was coming for months and are seeing it as some sort of adventure aswell as the feel good factor with leaving administration.

BH Hibs
15-07-2014, 02:55 PM
Why the fascination on here with how many season tickets they have sold. The only news I want to hear from them is they've gone bust.

jacomo
15-07-2014, 02:55 PM

And around half of this income will be burned on maintenance costs at Tynecastle.

Keith_M
15-07-2014, 02:57 PM
The circumstances of both clubs are totally different.

They'll probably just be glad to have a Football Club to support, resulting in a feelgood factor, whereas Hibs are still suffering the apathy that goes with relegation. The Season Ticket prices at Hibs haven't helped either.

I don't actually think we'll get anything approaching their numbers for STs this season but hopefully we'll see large numbers of PATGs if/when Stubbs has us getting the results and playing the kind of football that people want to see.

lord bunberry
15-07-2014, 02:57 PM

Next person who gets one gets to play in goals for the season. :greengrin

I just saw zibbi walking towards the ticket office :greengrin

Hfc_Since1875
15-07-2014, 03:01 PM
I can see your point but at the same time it's bums on seats. It should create a better atmosphere as well as increasing shop and catering sales.

We were all gutted when we got relegated but hearts knew it was coming for months and are seeing it as some sort of adventure aswell as the feel good factor with leaving administration.

This is more the point than the actual income- The impact a full, enthusiastic and possitive crowd is huge!

Its not an obsession of theyv'e done this and that- it was just an observation that the possitive attitude will stand them in good stead and while its early steps hopefully we are somewhat on that road with a few new signings and performances

Sir David Gray
15-07-2014, 03:05 PM
We may be about to play in the same division but the circumstances of their relegation last season and their current situation is a lot different to ours.

Their fans are completely united behind the new regime and as someone has already mentioned, they are just thankful that they even have a club to support.

They've pretty much known that they were going to be playing Championship football this season ever since they went into administration last summer and their 15 points deduction was confirmed.

We, on the other hand, are at our lowest point for years. We didn't expect to be relegated last season, up until the last couple of months we still had aspirations of challenging for a top six place, so for us to now be facing a season in the second flight has really set a lot of people back.

It's a culmination of many years of perceived mismanagement and sub-standard performances on the field and many people have just had enough now.

Add that to the fact that we still only have 15 first team players signed up for next season, with our first competitive match in three weeks' time, there's not much there to entice people to part with their money just yet.

Hibs History
15-07-2014, 03:09 PM

This.

How many time last year did they have "12k" at a game and it was less than 8k?

Nothing to see here, move along

EK_Hibs
15-07-2014, 03:18 PM
Well, I'm undecided about what's making me cringe more...
1) Posts and threads about how many season tickets those ****s have sold?
or
2) Posts claiming the ****s are apparently lying about the numbers they've sold?

:no way:

ColintonHibs
15-07-2014, 03:20 PM
Return to the Premiership first time playing attractive football and we'll have 10K+ ST holders next season.

Not a chance

edwards
15-07-2014, 03:21 PM

Hit the nail right on the head, Hetz have been through their worst year in their entire history and want to get behind the team. We went through it with Gray and Duff then went on to win a cup.
I imagine we have sold a few more but the problem is Petrie is still at ER and the Hibs support have truly had enough of him and not keen to pay out for a season ticket as he is still there and we have hardly seen lots of players coming through the entrance at ER.
While Petrie remains at ER I honestly feel the best we will do is about 7K at a push.

PETRIE OUT

Islington Hibs
15-07-2014, 03:28 PM
The reality is they think they are the big club and have got away with cheating and had a bit of form at the end of last season when they were down plus have had a laugh at us. Sure 11k is impressive.

We have played by the rules, had a shocking team for many seasons, scored a massive own goal going down turning their defeat into their victory and been an embarrassment in big games. It is not surprising we have gone to ground. Given how bad we have been, and how often we have misfired on the big day it is impressive to see we still have such a loyal support. Last season 20k v them, 16k v Killie and 18k v Hamilton. If we do well we will get every bit as big a gate as them, if not bigger. It is up to us to do well.:flag:

HibbySpurs
15-07-2014, 03:30 PM
or
2) Posts claiming the ****s are apparently lying about the numbers they've sold?

Yep, some folks fascination with the yam knows no bounds......

Really, who gives a flying **** what Hearts are doing.....

Been our problem for far too long....

Keith_M
15-07-2014, 03:34 PM
or

:agree:

I think this is about the third post in just over a week giving us an update on their ST numbers.

Pete
15-07-2014, 03:37 PM

Ok then, I'll indulge you. Why do these posts make you cringe?

They've spent years lying about attendances to make themselves out to be bigger than they are. They've told lies about the state of their business. They've lied to their own fans fir years and have even conned them regarding shares.

Excuse me for being a little bit sceptical when they come out with such positive spin.

Ozyhibby
15-07-2014, 03:39 PM
For those worrying about the Yams, here is their ins and outs so far.

In: Craig Levein, director of football; Robbie Neilson, head coach (East Fife); Stevie Crawford, assistant head coach (Falkirk); Morgaro Gomis, midfielder (Dundee United); Soufian El Hassnaoui, forward (Sparta Rotterdam); Alim Ozturk, defender (Trabzonspor); Neil Alexander, goalkeeper-coach (Crystal Palace); James Keatings, forward (Hamilton Academical); Liam Henderson, defender (Hutchison Vale); Alistair Roy, forward (Stirling Albion).
Out: Gary Locke, manager; Billy Brown, assistant manager; Alan Combe, goalkeeper-coach; Ryan Stevenson, midfielder (Partick Thistle); Jamie Hamill, midfielder (Kilmarnock); Jamie MacDonald, goalkeeper (Falkirk); Mark Ridgers, goalkeeper (St Mirren); Dylan McGowan, defender (Adelaide United); Jack Simpson, midfielder (Hamilton Academical); Callum Tapping, midfielder. Loan ended: Paul McCallum, forward (West Ham United).
Looking at that list it's touch and go whether they have improved or not. It depends on how good the two lads from abroad are. Considering how awful they were last year (they only managed to get 3 more points than us last year), I don't see much to worry about.
While I'm concerned about the lack of signings I don't see how we could be any worse than we were under Butcher and a couple of decent signing should see us in a lot better position than them.

Lucius Apuleius
15-07-2014, 03:41 PM
In other news apparently the rangers and celtc have sold more than us as well. Whooped Cooper doo.

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-07-2014, 03:47 PM
They've got 11 fingers as well

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-07-2014, 03:47 PM
And that's just on one foot

Lucius Apuleius
15-07-2014, 03:52 PM
In other news apparently the rangers and celtc have sold more than us as well. Whooped Cooper doo.

NAE NOOKIE
15-07-2014, 04:02 PM
That's it then I'm away tae support the Hertz

Shaggy
15-07-2014, 04:06 PM
Just had a nap and dream ..... Hows this for a proposal...

We the Hibernian supporters will buy 18000 season tickets before 31st August 2014
on condition that ...
That Petrie honorably retires with our heart felt thanks and beat wishes.

Would we... Could we do it ???

All partys would be winners :flag::flag::flag::flag:

greenginger
15-07-2014, 04:57 PM
We have supposed to have sold 5,000 season tickets.

Looking on the ticket site there seems a hell of lot less than that have been sold !

I've not counted all the dots though.

Ozyhibby
15-07-2014, 05:00 PM

Looking on the ticket site there seems a hell of lot less than that have been sold !

Might explain why there are no players arriving.

EK_Hibs
15-07-2014, 05:21 PM
Ok then, I'll indulge you. Why do these posts make you cringe?

Basically because anyone can go online and see which seats are available.
That's why those kind of posts make me cringe.

happiehibbie
15-07-2014, 05:23 PM
Last season we where so concerned about our neighbours our team supporters and management took there eye of the ball and we feel flat on our backside. I here sack RP people will buy a ticket RUBBISH. lower the price people will buy RUBBISH OUR team our management or PR EVERYTHING ABOUT OR CLUB needs to up there game we need positive stories we need the media on our side Believe me I know the media guys HIBS treat them like **** HEARTS look after them and use them well. We need to get it right on the pitch and the people will come back. Look at the Hamilton game when we where required we showed up only to be let down again If you have watched Hibs as long as me you get used to it. I know the tickets are expensive I know we are rubbish but WE are HIBERNIAN SUPPORTERS. And will watch managers chairman owners players all come a go But we are here for life so if you can buy a ST

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete
15-07-2014, 05:30 PM

So that's how you can tell how many have been sold, is it? How do you know all the "dots" are available?

I don't have a clue but I don't believe a word that comes out of that clubs mouth. If that makes you "cringe" then that's your problem. You obviously have issues with your embarrassment threshold mate.

3pm
15-07-2014, 05:43 PM
What a ****in big team.

EK_Hibs
15-07-2014, 05:49 PM
So that's how you can tell how many have been sold, is it?

Yes that is correct.
I have absolutely nothing else to say in this cringey thread.

sidjames
15-07-2014, 05:50 PM
The thing with the mentality is this. They would give tickets away for a quid if it meant they could trumpet more sold. It's the nature of the beast. They fume at the mouth over the better infrastructure Hibs have. They hate that with a passion. Now we seem to have started to address our problems and maybe, just maybe, get things sorted and produce a competitive team they are panicking. Herding together like wildebeest. Ready to twirl and screech that they are big, really big and bigger than a big thing that was really really big one day. And they look at each other their wee pie faces smug with a deluded grin. And they are happy, caught in the mass hysteria of a collective mental daydream. Huge stands, world cup superstars, hotels and boxes filled with plans, big plans for sure, all dancing in front of them. Soon. Soon the Messiah will come and deliver the promised land.

Albanian Hibs
15-07-2014, 05:53 PM
Like I said last week on another thread like this......who cares?

Pete
15-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Yes that is correct.
I have absolutely nothing else to say in this cringey thread.

I would say that it's "cringey" that a hibs fan thinks he knows that to be a fact but I won't as I know what the word "cringe" means.

givescotlandfreedom
15-07-2014, 06:01 PM
Cheating pays apparently.

Lucius Apuleius
15-07-2014, 06:22 PM

Phil MaGlass
16-07-2014, 07:54 AM
Since the club have decided not to lower ST prices,if I could make a wee suggestion, my local club in Holland has just advertised ST,s, the more they sell, the more discount you get, you pay full whack up front then any discount is paid out at xmas, funny thing is, we have an average crowd of around 10-12 thou and they dont really need to do this, when you buy an ST you are only paying to watch 10 games instead of 17 games, dirt cheap, could be an idea for Hibs to appease any fans who may be thinking its not worth buying and maybe fans who are undecided may buy one?

http://adodenhaag.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=483&Itemid=174

Turkish Green
16-07-2014, 08:14 AM
Football must be the only 'entertainment' where you buy a ticket without knowing what you are going to see. With RP still Chairman and only a couple of new signings I can understand why there is a slump in ST sales. Supporters want to see what they are getting for their money and it appears to be 'not much' at the moment. Support at Hibs is split between those that buy STs regardless and those that will 'wait and see'.

Hearts on the other hand have sold their tickets on a wave of great expectations of a new era following on from last seasons' nadir and are now entering a buy now before there are no STs left banner. It will be interesting to see what happens after a run of defeats (which could happen with their first 3 league fixtures) and the initial euphoria peters out.

boab1875
16-07-2014, 09:12 AM
This.

How many time last year did they have "12k" at a game and it was less than 8k?

Nothing to see here, move along

Agreed. wouldn't pay much attention to it as it's just another Yam fabrication. 11k, absolutely nae chance they have or will sell that many.remember they said they had 150,000 for a cup final parade and claimed they sold out a few games last season when there was clearly huge empty sections on the highlights. they like to create this impression as part of the myth they are somehow superior to us. embarrassing really when you have to fake attendences like that. they are cheats and liers and it comes as no surprise to me they have done this, backed up by the authorities over at bbc and at newspapers who have sometimes reported the fabricated figures.

Its also true that we have not sold as many because people are boycotting after the disgrace of last season and the fact Petrie remains at Easter Road. Had a season ticket for years prior to this and I certainly wont be back until wholesale changes have been made. a lot of people I know are in the same boat so you cant really compare the two situations.

Weststandwanab
16-07-2014, 09:30 AM
Since the club have decided not to lower ST prices,if I could make a wee suggestion, my local club in Holland has just advertised ST,s, the more they sell, the more discount you get, you pay full whack up front then any discount is paid out at xmas, funny thing is, we have an average crowd of around 10-12 thou and they dont really need to do this, when you buy an ST you are only paying to watch 10 games instead of 17 games, dirt cheap, could be an idea for Hibs to appease any fans who may be thinking its not worth buying and maybe fans who are undecided may buy one?

http://adodenhaag.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=483&Itemid=174

Far too sensible but a great idea.

Geo_1875
16-07-2014, 09:33 AM

This.

I know a number of them who have purchased family groups of tickets. One has purchased 6 tickets for himself, his wife and 4 kids costing around £700. There is no chance they will all attend every game. Others have purchased a ticket for the first time since they last won a war and that is adding less than £100 to the coffers.

It's all a numbers game with them and they'll fiddle the figures to make them seem "bigger" than they really are.

Geo_1875
16-07-2014, 09:41 AM

Hibs have sold over 5,500. It was mentioned in one of Ms Dempster's published interviews. Unless you'd rather waste your time counting dots on a close-season 3rd party website.

GreenPJ
16-07-2014, 09:47 AM
It doesn't matter how many they have sold the simple fact is we need to sell more.

Lago
16-07-2014, 11:09 AM

Pete
16-07-2014, 08:33 PM

So you're another one that knows for a fact that every seat that isn't available has been sold. How do you know some haven't been kept back? How do you know that they simply haven't greyed some out to make themselves look bigger than they are? I wouldn't put it past them and certainly don't believe anything they say. Even on their ticketing website.

You obviously trust them to be telling the truth even after all their previous. You can cringe away with your cringing mate.

EK_Hibs
16-07-2014, 09:08 PM
So you're another one that knows for a fact that every seat that isn't available has been sold. How do you know some haven't been kept back? How do you know that they simply haven't greyed some out to make themselves look bigger than they are? I wouldn't put it past them and certainly don't believe anything they say. Even on their ticketing website.

You obviously trust them to be telling the truth even after all their previous. You can cringe away with your cringing mate.

:crazy:

Lago
16-07-2014, 09:26 PM

Agree :greengrin

Pete
16-07-2014, 09:40 PM

Maybe you should stick to using less words and more smiley wee men. It suits you.

EK_Hibs
16-07-2014, 09:45 PM
Maybe you should stick to using less words and more smiley wee men. It suits you.

Yeah ok. :crazy:

Hibeesmad
16-07-2014, 09:50 PM
Do all Hibs fans hate eachother or something? 😂

Pete
16-07-2014, 10:06 PM
Yeah ok. :crazy:

Look cringey, I can use smiley men too!

EK_Hibs
16-07-2014, 10:13 PM

Look cringey, I can use smiley men too!

:not worth
:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:
:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

Pete
16-07-2014, 10:15 PM
Do all Hibs fans hate eachother or something? 😂

Damn right we do. We're mental.

sahib
16-07-2014, 10:53 PM

The Hibernian sales model is to appeal directly to the soul of the supporter, not to offer silly incentives as if they were merely part of the leisure industry. It sounds like Hearts, with typical low cunning, think that an affordable deal may sway those, traitors, who think that paying the mortgage and buying the kids shoes etc. should get first dibs on their earnings.

H18Y GW
17-07-2014, 04:43 AM

Id rather be and sure the players would be the same running out too 15000 fans rather than safe in the knowledge that we got the same money in advance ST sales .

H18Y GW
17-07-2014, 05:01 AM
I agree that we shouldn't give a **** what they do but facing facts , they support there club in greater numbers than we do, that's the bit that's hard to take, they are galvanised again where we really are like squabbling children.

ive always walked up home and away for years , don't pick and choose I just go to every game I'm free. I've bought a ticket for me and the Bairn after a few of my **** mates who for the last few years I've attended more derbies at Tynie, than they have been to games have bought STs , "as it's gonna be exciting"

im im guessing a winning team will result in big numbers through the gates and 10000 plus every week, let's hope like under the Ginger Hun everyone gets involved in another great adventure.

GoldenEagle
17-07-2014, 05:03 AM
Im sure we also have kids tickets at £40 odd quid.

DH1875
17-07-2014, 07:13 AM

Indeed. So much so that, has the FF lower not been just about sold out for the last 2 seasons ;)

HH81
17-07-2014, 07:17 AM
If you look at the season ticket plan online it shows there is every section where you can get a seat in.

You can even sit on the half way line in the east. This must be a massive worry and there doesn't look like 5500 sold according to that.

Ozyhibby
17-07-2014, 07:21 AM
If you look at the season ticket plan online it shows there is every section where you can get a seat in.

You can even sit on the half way line in the east. This must be a massive worry and there doesn't look like 5500 sold according to that.

We can hardly be surprised after what's gone on these last few years. Add to that the failure to sign players for this season and you can see why people may be reluctant.

HH81
17-07-2014, 07:26 AM
We can hardly be surprised after what's gone on these last few years. Add to that the failure to sign players for this season and you can see why people may be reluctant.

I agree, so what do the club do? increase the price for this season:confused:

Waxy
17-07-2014, 07:45 AM
Season tickets don't win football matches. When Hibs fans are needed we'll be there in bigger numbers than the yams. Simply because ours is bigger than theirs.

Keith_M
17-07-2014, 11:54 AM

The figure of around 5,500 came directly from Leeann Dempster. Are you saying she lied?

mutley
17-07-2014, 12:19 PM
The figure of around 5,500 came directly from Leeann Dempster. Are you saying she lied?

I remember that number quoted by LD. I won;der what the number is now though? I'm sure there has been an increase since then (not saying it will be many though)

GGTTH

HH81
17-07-2014, 12:53 PM

Nope but you can have a look online yourself and report back to me your thoughts if you like?

J-C
17-07-2014, 01:07 PM
Nope but you can have a look online yourself and report back to me your thoughts if you like?

says here 5,400 sold

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140702/season-ticket-update_2262950_3945062

HH81
17-07-2014, 02:45 PM
I know it says that but looking at the staduim plan it doesnt look like it.

Keith_M
17-07-2014, 02:56 PM

I'm confused, either you think it's true or you don't

:confused:

EDIT: Have you actually counted the number of ST seats on the Stadium Plan? Maybe you could do that and then report back :wink:

HH81
17-07-2014, 03:02 PM
I'm confused, either you think it's true or you don't

:confused:

EDIT: Have you actually counted the number of ST seats on the Stadium Plan? Maybe you could do that and then report back :wink:

Have you looked at it yet? :aok:

Keith_M
17-07-2014, 03:12 PM
Have you looked at it yet? :aok:

Yes, I did.

I agree that it looks a bit sparse but I honestly couldn't tell you how many tickets we've sold from that.

FWIW, 5,500 would be roughly one in three of the avalable seats in the home end.

skipster7
17-07-2014, 03:39 PM
3 more finally renewed today. Was a few available that had ST last year right enough. Girl said it had picked up well this week without giving exact numbers.

lord bunberry
17-07-2014, 03:45 PM

£25 in the ff lower

erin go bragh
17-07-2014, 04:07 PM
£25 in the ff lower

And that includes Hibs kids membership ( costs £10 )

Ggtth

Pete
17-07-2014, 04:26 PM
And that includes Hibs kids membership ( costs £10 )

Ggtth

...which includes mega savings for walk up adults at every hibs kids match.

It would be good to roll this out across the whole stadium and not just the FF lower. A few teams let under twelves in for nothing.

Lago
17-07-2014, 04:28 PM
£25 in the ff lower

That really Is a great deal.

Lago
17-07-2014, 04:46 PM
...which includes mega savings for walk up adults at every hibs kids match.

It would be good to roll this out across the whole stadium and not just the FF lower. A few teams let under twelves in for nothing.

I find myself torn, In as much as Iam actually agreeing with you. Extending the scheme across the stadium is just the sort of initiative hibs should be pursuing.

lord bunberry
17-07-2014, 04:48 PM
That really Is a great deal.

It is, I've switched over there this season and got one for my daughter.

Lago
17-07-2014, 04:54 PM
It is, I've switched over there this season and got one for my daughter.
Doubt there is a better deal in Scottish football, sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Keith_M
17-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Doubt there is a better deal in Scottish football, sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Partick Thistle let kids in for free.

wookie70
17-07-2014, 05:49 PM
Partick Thistle let kids in for free.

St Johnstone is cheaper for an adult and two kids(£15) than just an adult going behind goals.

We do a good job for the kids seasons in the FF but I cant see why they cant offer the 25 quid deal in other areas. I wpuld go to the east so that would be an easy 50 quid extra from me that I would gladly pay to sit side on to the game.

The Utility Man
17-07-2014, 08:49 PM
I'm sure if LD had the £25 for kids all round the stadium idea brought to her attention she would implement this for next season but I don't think this is possible for the coming season sadly. Brilliant deal however

happiehibbie
17-07-2014, 09:32 PM
I wish we would all stop moaning and just buy. Ticket we have a payment plan for help. Remember you get what you pay for 😄

Keith_M
18-07-2014, 10:43 AM
I wish we would all stop moaning and just buy. Ticket we have a payment plan for help. Remember you get what you pay for

Is English your native language?

:wink:

dunfyhibby
19-07-2014, 09:05 AM
Postie just delivered myself and my son's season tickets! :flag:

Phil D. Rolls
19-07-2014, 09:09 AM
I'm sure if LD had the £25 for kids all round the stadium idea brought to her attention she would implement this for next season but I don't think this is possible for the coming season sadly. Brilliant deal however

I think there has to be child free zones. God knows, there's few enough places that you can get away from kids, a wee bit of sanctuary at the football isn't too much to ask, is it?

Expecting Rain
19-07-2014, 09:18 AM
The idea of purchasing a seaon ticket is obstructed by the fact that a lot of our games will be moved to accomodate television, if Hibs could compensate me for missing 4 games i would snap 1 up, any ideas?

Feed McGraw
19-07-2014, 09:40 AM
Postie just delivered myself and my son's season tickets! :flag: Mine arrived this morning too.

wee Stevie
19-07-2014, 09:58 AM
My son's arrived this morning but not mine? Post office or hibs at fault still got a week before I need it so no need to panic yet.

Smartie
19-07-2014, 09:58 AM
I wish we would all stop moaning and just buy. Ticket we have a payment plan for help. Remember you get what you pay for 

Well my £405 last year got me James Collins, hoofball and relegation.

I'd be interested to know how much they'd need from me before they could make a few decent signings.

southern hibby
19-07-2014, 10:10 AM
I wish we would all stop moaning and just buy. Ticket we have a payment plan for help. Remember you get what you pay for 😄

Yes we do get what we pay for. Roughly 7500! Last season got nothing for their money but another season of promises, with despair the fruition.

We have no goalkeeper. I believe we've brought I'n a Trailist for this position. This alone makes me think we do not have a first choice pick for this position or were trying to get one on the cheap.

We've let go 14 wages and brought I'n 2 at present. All season ticket money is supposed to be for players yet will Hibs spend any money to buy one player this transfer window? We shall see but I do not think we will.

I am expected to pay £405 for championship football and have been promised quality signings. If and when I see these signings then Hibs will see my cash. I love Hibs but this does not mean the board can expect me to roll over and let them tickle my tummy and everything will be fine.

Let's see the board invest then I will invest. I've invested for years and nothing worthy of note has happened. Now it's over to the board. GGTTH

Feed McGraw
19-07-2014, 10:21 AM
[QUOTE=wee Stevie;4100968]My son's arrived this morning but not mine? Post office or hibs at fault still got a week before I need it so no need to panic yet.[/QUOTE ]Just text my son and his not here yet either, probably Monday.

Keith_M
19-07-2014, 11:05 AM
The idea of purchasing a seaon ticket is obstructed by the fact that a lot of our games will be moved to accomodate television, if Hibs could compensate me for missing 4 games i would snap 1 up, any ideas?

Most people with STs miss at least a couple of matches every season. I think that number increases with the schedules being messed about for TV. I think if you're looking for value for money, a Season Ticket isn't the thing to buy.

The club has decided to go down the route of appealing to the Loyalty of the fans, instead of attempting to increase numbers by a different pricing policy. It's up to them to choose the route they feel is best but it leaves us in the current situation whereby STs aren't actually value for money.

EDIT: One suggestion I would make is, if you don't mind sitting behind the goals, the price is slightly cheaper in the FF Lower. I think it's £355.

Scouse Hibee
19-07-2014, 11:19 AM
Most people with STs miss at least a couple of matches every season. I think that number increases with the schedules being messed about for TV. I think if you're looking for value for money, a Season Ticket isn't the thing to buy.

The club has decided to go down the route of appealing to the Loyalty of the fans, instead of attempting to increase numbers by a different pricing policy. It's up to them to choose the route they feel is best but it leaves us in the current situation whereby STs aren't actually value for money.

:agree: Season tickets have not been value for money since TV disrupted fixtures as very few people are able to accommodate every game, it's purely just a convenience ticket for those like me who like to retain their own seat in the same group of people.

ackeygraham
19-07-2014, 11:43 AM
Yes we do get what we pay for. Roughly 7500! Last season got nothing for their money but another season of promises, with despair the fruition.

We have no goalkeeper. I believe we've brought I'n a Trailist for this position. This alone makes me think we do not have a first choice pick for this position or were trying to get one on the cheap.

We've let go 14 wages and brought I'n 2 at present. All season ticket money is supposed to be for players yet will Hibs spend any money to buy one player this transfer window? We shall see but I do not think we will.

I am expected to pay £405 for championship football and have been promised quality signings. If and when I see these signings then Hibs will see my cash. I love Hibs but this does not mean the board can expect me to roll over and let them tickle my tummy and everything will be fine.

Let's see the board invest then I will invest. I've invested for years and nothing worthy of note has happened. Now it's over to the board. GGTTH

Can't agree more, hearts have even signed two goalies. We've got more signings in the back room staff. Once I see the board invest and get more players in then I'll think about getting my season ticket.

silverhibee
19-07-2014, 12:01 PM
I think there has to be child free zones. God knows, there's few enough places that you can get away from kids, a wee bit of sanctuary at the football isn't too much to ask, is it?

Are you serious.

Phil MaGlass
19-07-2014, 12:06 PM
Are you serious.

I have to agree with him, kids r a pain in the ar5e at times, but it will never happen

c31
19-07-2014, 12:08 PM
I agree - child free areas should be available

SteveHFC
19-07-2014, 12:10 PM
ST arrived

lucky
19-07-2014, 12:34 PM
Season has not started but I'm going to miss next weeks game. STs are not great value but the price in the championship is a joke. I "only" paid £380 for mine but 18 leagues for that price still works out at over £21 per game. But the walk up price is £22. So if you miss 1 game it's not worth it financially

Dashing Bob S
19-07-2014, 12:50 PM

Goes without saying. When I take kids to a football game, I don't want them to be surrounded by swearing, cursing drunkards giving it the big one. When I go with a gang of chums, and we've had a few drinks and want to let of some steam, I don't some concerned parent around, all uptight about what their delicate offspring is witnessing.

staunchhibby
19-07-2014, 12:54 PM
New season ticket arrived today :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The_Exile
19-07-2014, 01:16 PM
I've said this since the day dot, there is no reason whatsoever now that we've got the new stand to restrict the adult and child deal to the FF lower, it should be stadium wide, sit where you want with your bairn. That way, the adults with kids will be dispersed around the stadium and the FF could be used for a standing/singing/ultras section.

Malthibby
19-07-2014, 01:38 PM
Goes without saying. When I take kids to a football game, I don't want them to be surrounded by swearing, cursing drunkards giving it the big one. When I go with a gang of chums, and we've had a few drinks and want to let of some steam, I don't some concerned parent around, all uptight about what their delicate offspring is witnessing.

So what we really need is a section for old drunken sweary bassas.
Get it sorted Petrie..I mean Leanne.
GG

Ringothedog
19-07-2014, 01:51 PM
Well that's my season ticket arrived, now I can sleep easier in the knowledge that I have helped my club in their time of need.:greengrin

biggineurope
19-07-2014, 02:29 PM
Got mine today, I always miss a few games due to work, but happy I'm contributing financially.

Keith_M
19-07-2014, 02:34 PM
GG

It's called the Singing Section and is in Section 43 of the East Stand

iwasthere1972
19-07-2014, 03:08 PM
Got mine this morning.

Looks like just the uber fans received their season tickets today. :aok:

SteveHFC
19-07-2014, 03:15 PM
Got mine this morning.

Looks like just the uber fans received their season tickets today. :aok:

The real supporters

http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter/files/2011/08/internet_troll.png

gringojoe
19-07-2014, 04:13 PM
I love attending the games pissed and sending my younger kid for the pies, should be a section for us. Near the bogs please as I pee a fair bit.

ArmadaleHibs
19-07-2014, 04:17 PM
I feel a lot of people are looking at season tickets for the wrong reasons. It's irrelevant what they average out to over a season. They're about committing to the club financially at the beginning of the season to help fund things at the start. They're not about saving this or saving that.

I can see however why many people have decided against them this season and it's for a number of reasons, ie piss poor performance and same rates as prem season.

I've got mines and lucky if I make half the games but I know I've contributed where I can financially

To me, that's important and why I will always buy a season ticket and not moan about everything

iwasthere1972
19-07-2014, 04:18 PM
I love attending the games pissed and sending my younger kid for the pies, should be a section for us. Near the bogs please as I pee a fair bit.

There should be a section only for latecomers and early goers. All this sitting down and standing up for the first and last ten or fifteen minutes is knackering me. :greengrin

emerald green
19-07-2014, 06:04 PM
Folk seem so fussy about everything at football grounds these days.

I say bring back the good old days of standing on packed terracing in the pouring rain, and when you've had a p*** in your empty beer can just lob it over at the bunch of opposition fans - usually Der Hun, Ra Sellick or the Yaks. :wink:

Capt Mainwaring
19-07-2014, 06:13 PM
I feel a lot of people are looking at season tickets for the wrong reasons. It's irrelevant what they average out to over a season. They're about committing to the club financially at the beginning of the season to help fund things at the start. They're not about saving this or saving that.

I can see however why many people have decided against them this season and it's for a number of reasons, ie piss poor performance and same rates as prem season.

I've got mines and lucky if I make half the games but I know I've contributed where I can financially

To me, that's important and why I will always buy a season ticket and not moan about everything

Spot on mate

Franck Stanton
19-07-2014, 06:23 PM
It doesn't matter how many they have sold the simple fact is we need to sell more.

Most sensible post on here mate, take a bow.

hibbypostie
19-07-2014, 07:38 PM
mine never arrived today does anyone know if we are all getting new ones or will
last years be valid again for some?

iwasthere1972
19-07-2014, 07:55 PM
mine never arrived today does anyone know if we are all getting new ones or will
last years be valid again for some?

Brand new ones. No expense spared. Mine doubles up as a free bus pass for Lothian Buses. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
19-07-2014, 08:14 PM
Brand new ones. No expense spared. Mine doubles up as a free bus pass for Lothian Buses. :greengrin

At your age so it should! :greengrin

iwasthere1972
19-07-2014, 08:18 PM
At your age so it should! :greengrin

I was thinking about that when I posted. Still have to pay for mine four weekly unfortunately. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
19-07-2014, 08:19 PM
I was thinking about that when I posted. Still have to pay for mine four weekly unfortunately. :greengrin

Really?...................Hard paper round then! :greengrin

iwasthere1972
19-07-2014, 08:29 PM
Really?...................Hard paper round then! :greengrin

:grr:

Turkish Green
20-07-2014, 07:59 AM
There should be a section only for latecomers and early goers. All this sitting down and standing up for the first and last ten or fifteen minutes is knackering me. :greengrin
I should say live and let live but the continual standing and sitting is my pet peeve.

There are a couple of guys in my row that always arrive 5 minutes late. Each goes to the toilet separately after 20-30 minutes then head off for a pie 5 min before HT. It is the same rigmarole every home game. I agree it can be knackering.

Phil D. Rolls
20-07-2014, 06:40 PM
Are you serious.

Yes, thankfully there's others agree. I think they are serious too.

I have to agree with him, kids r a pain in the ar5e at times, but it will never happen

I think adults are entitled, to their space - particularly parents! But, Im finding kids impinging on adult occasions more and more. Not just at the football.

I was at the Globe Theatre the other week, watching a particularly violent Shakespeare play. Some tube had showed up with a baby in a car seat, and was standing right in the middle of some particularly violent action.

Seems to me, making areas exclusively adult, makes it easier to protect some parents from themselves (more importantly protecting kids from their parents stupidity). Just now I think entertainment venues are scared to say "no kids".

The other side of the coin is that people without children should stay away from family areas.

Turkish Green
20-07-2014, 07:01 PM
When my kids were young I did not want them exposed to foul language so I'd take them to the "family" section. That turned out to be worse, not from the parents but from childless adults hurling abuse.

Phil D. Rolls
20-07-2014, 07:22 PM
When my kids were young I did not want them exposed to foul language so I'd take them to the "family" section. That turned out to be worse, not from the parents but from childless adults hurling abuse.

Theres been countless threads on here about adults acting inappropriately around kids, often the retort is that the kids shouldn't be there. It seems sensible enough to me to have segregation.

Phil MaGlass
20-07-2014, 09:09 PM
GG

Hahahahha nice insert smiley. Have another sip laugh again smiley

aunty joyce
20-07-2014, 10:38 PM
Jeez all this talk of 'Child Free' zones - should we not be encouraging more kids to come to Easter Road to become the Hibs Supporters of the future . . . Next you'll be saying women should be at home taking care of the house instead of attending football games :rolleyes:

FranckSuzy
20-07-2014, 10:57 PM
I should say live and let live but the continual standing and sitting is my pet peeve.

There are a couple of guys in my row that always arrive 5 minutes late. Each goes to the toilet separately after 20-30 minutes then head off for a pie 5 min before HT. It is the same rigmarole every home game. I agree it can be knackering.

:agree: Does my nut in when folk go in and out of their seat throughout the game. Sit at the end of a row if you have a: weak bladder/need for a pie/thirst/liking for leaving early :grr: And if you go out before HT/FT with another, please come back together too :rolleyes: It's like musical chairs sometimes....:greengrin

over the line
20-07-2014, 10:58 PM

I also want to reduce my kids exposure to foul language and drunken abusive behaviour. That's exactly why I take them the match, TO GET THEM AWAY FROM THEIR MOTHER!!!:D

NAE NOOKIE
20-07-2014, 11:27 PM
Folk seem so fussy about everything at football grounds these days.

I say bring back the good old days of standing on packed terracing in the pouring rain, and when you've had a p*** in your empty beer can just lob it over at the bunch of opposition fans - usually Der Hun, Ra Sellick or the Yaks. :wink:

The good old days ...... well nearly :greengrin

Tell you what though. When you compare us to fans round the world the sanitised cinema audience Scottish fans have been forced to become has detracted big time from the match day experience. Put up a flag or utter a sweary word and next thing you know somebody is greetin' about it or you are in danger of getting chucked out.

Its amazing the number of disapproving looks I got in the FF last year when in a moment of despair I shouted Farmer must go, not to mention the one or two who told me to shut up .......... Fair enough, but heaven forbid though that folk would show the same attention to joining in a fkng song now and again instead of sitting on their hands looking embarrassed.

If I win the lottery I will give Hibs squillions on condition they rip every seat out of the FF and make it a rule that you only get in there if you bring a flag, a scarf, or something that makes a noise.

NAE NOOKIE
20-07-2014, 11:57 PM
Jeez all this talk of 'Child Free' zones - should we not be encouraging more kids to come to Easter Road to become the Hibs Supporters of the future . . . Next you'll be saying women should be at home taking care of the house instead of attending football games :rolleyes:

Not for me mate .... hells bells, take the women and kids out of our average crowd and Hibs would be a hell of a lot worse off and not just financially.

But the best way to get kids enthusiastic for going to ER ( short of having a **** hot team ) is to bring back the colour and atmosphere ...... for the last few years apart from a few big games ER has been a morgue ......... If its open to debate that the folk running Hibs at boardroom level are clueless about football on the park, its a cast iron certainty that they have no idea at all of the importance of the crowd as part of the matchday experience. Instead of the fans going cap in hand to the club looking for permission to use drums or put up flags and banners, the club should be paying for that stuff and begging every fan to use them.

If football is entertainment then more than any part of that industry the fans who attend the games are as much a part of football's entertainment package as what happens on the pitch ........ The fact that Hibs and British football in general has done little or nothing in the last few decades to halt the sorry decline of the fan to mere spectator is to the utter detriment of the game as a spectacle.

Ozyhibby
21-07-2014, 12:27 AM
Not for me mate .... hells bells, take the women and kids out of our average crowd and Hibs would be a hell of a lot worse off and not just financially.

But the best way to get kids enthusiastic for going to ER ( short of having a **** hot team ) is to bring back the colour and atmosphere ...... for the last few years apart from a few big games ER has been a morgue ......... If its open to debate that the folk running Hibs at boardroom level are clueless about football on the park, its a cast iron certainty that they have no idea at all of the importance of the crowd as part of the matchday experience. Instead of the fans going cap in hand to the club looking for permission to use drums or put up flags and banners, the club should be paying for that stuff and begging every fan to use them.

If football is entertainment then more than any part of that industry the fans who attend the games are as much a part of football's entertainment package as what happens on the pitch ........ The fact that Hibs and British football in general has done little or nothing in the last few decades to halt the sorry decline of the fan to mere spectator is to the utter detriment of the game as a spectacle.
I agree with this 100%
Leeann Dempster says she wants the stadium to be used more by the fans.
How about giving the stadium back to the fans on Match days? Going to the footy needs to be more of a participation thing rather than just sitting our seats watching from behind the alcohol and payday loan adverts.

The_Exile
21-07-2014, 09:14 AM
How about giving the stadium back to the fans on Match days?

Totally agree, ER should feel like a Hibs home game. Last season, with the demise somewhat of section 43 it didn't feel like the ER of old, with the flags waving, green and white everywhere you looked, it just felt very "clinical" and bland. We should be encouraged to bring banners, flags, wear green and white etc. If you look at NFL games and some foreign efforts it's like night and day.

Coco Bryce
21-07-2014, 09:14 AM
If only...

GreenCastle
21-07-2014, 09:21 AM
Agreed about the whole stadium / matchday experience.

Section 43 / Singing section improved the atmosphere.
Green days = flags etc also made the stadium full of more colour

They should also sort out the quality and prices of food - this is basics I feel - as it's over priced - slow service and poor quality.

They could even make a basic fan bar under the East Stand with TV's / drinks which shuts at 2.40pm and this would entice more people to the stadium earlier.

Phil D. Rolls
21-07-2014, 09:25 AM

Is there an reason we can't achieve a compromise? Or has society become so obsessed with providing a future for kids, that it is ignoring the needs of adults?

If you read the posts properly, you'll see that nobody is saying kids shouldn't attend matches. What they are saying is that they shouldn't be exposed to robust adult behaviour.

Besides, where's the evidence that getting them young means they go when they grow up? Football is in danger of over sanitising itself, instead of playing to the strengths that made it attractive entertainment for so many years.

You've got a better long term strategy if you sell it to men who want to go out and see a sporting competition, regardless of the result. Instead of trying to compete in an increasingly sophisticated leisure market, selling a product that - by it's nature - cant provide the consistency that audiences crave.

Football doesn't offer the safe, customer friendly, experience that the likes of the cinema does. Your team can't win every week.

Ignoring the needs of the core market is proving to be fatal for the game. Throughout Europe, games are played in front of empty rows of seats. How can that make going to games an exciting prospect for anybody.

I for one don't fancy going along to matches if its going to be like a visit to Brewsters, or some other sanitised excuse for family entertainment. I don't think I'm alone, and it might be an idea for people to listen to us, instead if trying to marginalise us - by implying we belong in another time.

And as for people that let their kids take up a seat on the bus, when adults are having to stand, don't get me started.......

Ozyhibby
21-07-2014, 09:54 AM
Is there an reason we can't achieve a compromise? Or has society become so obsessed with providing a future for kids, that it is ignoring the needs of adults?

If you read the posts properly, you'll see that nobody is saying kids shouldn't attend matches. What they are saying is that they shouldn't be exposed to robust adult behaviour.

Besides, where's the evidence that getting them young means they go when they grow up? Football is in danger of over sanitising itself, instead of playing to the strengths that made it attractive entertainment for so many years.

You've got a better long term strategy if you sell it to men who want to go out and see a sporting competition, regardless of the result. Instead of trying to compete in an increasingly sophisticated leisure market, selling a product that - by it's nature - cant provide the consistency that audiences crave.

Football doesn't offer the safe, customer friendly, experience that the likes of the cinema does. Your team can't win every week.

Ignoring the needs of the core market is proving to be fatal for the game. Throughout Europe, games are played in front of empty rows of seats. How can that make going to games an exciting prospect for anybody.

I for one don't fancy going along to matches if its going to be like a visit to Brewsters, or some other sanitised excuse for family entertainment. I don't think I'm alone, and it might be an idea for people to listen to us, instead if trying to marginalise us - by implying we belong in another time.

And as for people that let their kids take up a seat on the bus, when adults are having to stand, don't get me started.......

There is nothing wrong with having an adults only section if the ground.

Phil D. Rolls
21-07-2014, 10:02 AM
There is nothing wrong with having an adults only section if the ground.

Seems like common sense to me. As I said earlier, it also gives kids protection from irresponsible parents. I've seen kids, probably get put off the game for life, by having to sit with their dad and his sweary mates.

Sorry guys, you can be a dad, and you can still be one of the lads, just not at the same time.

silverhibee
21-07-2014, 10:03 AM
Theres been countless threads on here about adults acting inappropriately around kids, often the retort is that the kids shouldn't be there. It seems sensible enough to me to have segregation.

Never done me any harm when my dad took me to the old East 40 years ago, and i don't take drink in to the ground and pish against a wall because i can't be bothered with all the steps to the toilets, some folk on here just like moaning for the sake of it, they are f***ing kids out to enjoy the football and annoy the old moaners at the same time, deal with it eh, kids will always be part of going to football games, if they are annoying then so what, chill oot eh.

silverhibee
21-07-2014, 10:06 AM

Yep, some feel threatened by the women too, taking over the world never mind football, beware men. :wink::greengrin

silverhibee
21-07-2014, 10:12 AM

Wow just f***ing Wow.

silverhibee
21-07-2014, 10:15 AM
Well, as long as you say so. :rolleyes:

Yeah i do. :aok:

Phil D. Rolls
21-07-2014, 10:18 AM
Can you back that up, or do you really hate kids and women that much, you come across as a sad lonely person.

Thats out of order, and I don't know how you expect me to reply. Why don't you take issue with the other people who support the point?

NAE NOOKIE
21-07-2014, 10:33 AM
If only...

I think the part of that statement "whats 2 million to us" is the difference. The Germans have a big TV deal, massive sponsorship and most clubs attract huge supports. They can afford to cut prices, which no doubt is a factor in bringing in more fans

Scottish cubs don't attract the type of outside investment which would enable them to charge Bundesliga prices, we are the main source of income. Though I do agree that sometimes they could be more creative and be very careful not to cross the line where the pricing of fans out of the game actually loses money .... that includes Hibs.

But as far as this debate goes its not really about what we pay, but what we get for that money. The sort of money Hibs make wont put superstars on the park, but the experience of going to football isn't all about that. The colour and atmosphere are an enjoyable and important part of any football match ...... a fan who has attended a match abroad is as likely to judge the experience on what the atmosphere was like as what he or she saw on the pitch.

This is an area where Hibs have seriously dropped the ball ........ Inevitably this brings us around to the FF standing area debate, Hibs take on this is that it would cost money and that the handful of folk who watch from the FF windows would have an impaired view. IMO the loss of FF corporate would be offset by the improved overall atmosphere within the stadium, which would not only help the team, but also help to make going to ER a more enjoyable experience. That I am certain would encourage more fans to go to games.

Anyway .... corporate FF doesn't have to go away .... just change the package for that part of the stadium to one where you get to sit in one of the hundreds of unused posh seats in the upper deck ... the best view in the stadium.

silverhibee
21-07-2014, 10:50 AM
Thats out of order, and I don't know how you expect me to reply. Why don't you take issue with the other people who support the point?

You seem obsessed on the subject of kids and woman at football, and now you seem to be deleting your posts on the subject, who was out of order.

My post now deleted, just the one mind you.

NAE NOOKIE
21-07-2014, 10:55 AM
You seem obsessed on the subject of kids and woman at football, and now you seem to be deleting your posts on the subject, who was out of order.

I'm just worried about anybody who would use the name of an odious little twat like Jeremy Kyle as a username ...... unless of course he is Jeremy Kyle :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
21-07-2014, 11:01 AM
I'm just worried about anybody who would use the name of an odious little twat like Jeremy Kyle as a username ...... unless of course he is Jeremy Kyle :greengrin

Bugger, is it that obvious?

Phil D. Rolls
21-07-2014, 11:05 AM

I realise we got into a stand off, and the insults were starting to cross the line. I've tried to put my house in order.

I am not obsessed with women, kids or their place at football. I thought the idea of keeping kids away from bams, and allowing bams their own free space one that was worth discussing.

It seems it struck a chord with some other posters, as there was some support for the idea. You seem to have chosen to home in on what I was posting alone. I don't know why that is.

Lago
21-07-2014, 11:10 AM
2points from my perspective.
1) child free areas, yes kind of agree as,maybe because I come from an older generation, I find it embarrassing when children are subjected to industrial language from adults around them. So I am more for family areas as per FF, although having had a season ticket in there have heard some absolutely choice comments.
2) encouraging children to go to football matches, sometimes works and in my case didn't took my son along religiously, but today he would yawn if I mention hibs. No interest in hibs or football at.

Phil D. Rolls
21-07-2014, 11:17 AM
1) child free areas, yes kind of agree as,maybe because I come from an older generation, I find it embarrassing when children are subjected to industrial language from adults around them. So I am more for family areas as per FF, although having had a season ticket in there have heard some absolutely choice comments.
2) encouraging children to go to football matches, sometimes works and in my case didn't took my son along religiously, but today he would yawn if I mention hibs. No interest in hibs or football at.

I think taking mine didn't help either. Neither will go to the games now. Conversely nobody took me when I was little, and I ended up following them slavishly for many seasons.

I'm always reminded of the film "Field of Dreams" and Shoeless Joe Jackson.

NAE NOOKIE
21-07-2014, 11:26 AM

Your second point is an interesting one. For every kid who goes regularly at a young age I would bet 50% of them sort of grow out of what has become an every day experience ..... perhaps taking them to selected games makes it more of a treat.

I was 15 before I set foot inside ER ............ I was excited beyond belief that day 39 years ago.

lord bunberry
21-07-2014, 11:36 AM
Do people think kids aren't hearing or even using the sort of language they hear at football stadiums in the playground? When I started going to football when I was a boy things were much worse than they are now. I agree there should be a family area were there's no swearing allowed so people can take the kids into a more family type atmosphere. An adult only section sends out the message that you can go there and behave in an inappropriate manner.

Phil D. Rolls
21-07-2014, 11:39 AM
Do people think kids aren't hearing or even using the sort of language they hear at football stadiums in the playground? When I started going to football when I was a boy things were much worse than they are now. I agree there should be a family area were there's no swearing allowed so people can take the kids into a more family type atmosphere. An adult only section sends out the message that you can go there and behave in an inappropriate manner.

Or you can go there because you want some sanctuary from kids. Doesn't mean you don't like them, just that its nice to get time away from them.

lord bunberry
21-07-2014, 11:43 AM
Or you can go there because you want some sanctuary from kids. Doesn't mean you don't like them, just that its nice to get time away from them.

You make it sound like you're going to Disneyland, there's not that many kids in parts of the stadium. It's people like you who make parents uncomfortable taking their kids out with them. If you go to other countries like Spain or Italy people are much more family orientated and tend to do things much more as a family.

Phil D. Rolls
21-07-2014, 12:08 PM
You make it sound like you're going to Disneyland, there's not that many kids in parts of the stadium. It's people like you who make parents uncomfortable taking their kids out with them. If you go to other countries like Spain or Italy people are much more family orientated and tend to do things much more as a family.

As I've said before, there is no reason why everybody can't be accommodated.

I can't speak for other people, personally I've spent a lot of years bringing up kids, and now look after granchildren. I'd like a wee bit of sanctuary from that, that's all. At the same time, I could relax more in the knowledge that parents weren't worrying about me ( you realise how that sounds?).

Youve also got a very simplistic view of Latin culture, which is actually a lot more macho than ours. Men tend to spend more time with other males than with their families.

I think it's a measure of how some parents view the world these days, that even suggesting that you'd rather avoid kids sometimes is frowned upon, to the extent you are frightened to comment.

Ill go over my initial point again THERE IS NO REASON THAT A COMPROMISE CAN'T BE REACHED WHERE EVERYBODY IS HAPPY. Where is the problem?

Ozyhibby
21-07-2014, 12:10 PM
The way season ticket sales are going we should all be far enough away from each other that we won't need designated sections.

Keith_M
21-07-2014, 12:16 PM
I think the club should have a weekly 'guess the number of Season Tickets sold this week' competition.

Lago
21-07-2014, 12:21 PM
I think taking mine didn't help either. Neither will go to the games now. Conversely nobody took me when I was little, and I ended up following them slavishly for many seasons.

I'm always reminded of the film "Field of Dreams" and Shoeless Joe Jackson.
Your experience seems to mirror mine to a great extent. I will say that today it must be harder to get kids interested in Scottish football in general as the focus on all things EPL is swamping everything.

Phil D. Rolls
21-07-2014, 12:29 PM
Your experience seems to mirror mine to a great extent. I will say that today it must be harder to get kids interested in Scottish football in general as the focus on all things EPL is swamping everything.

I think taking them to selected games is probably a better way to get them involved. Kids start to see going every week as a chore.

Brightside
21-07-2014, 12:36 PM
Agreed about the whole stadium / matchday experience.

Section 43 / Singing section improved the atmosphere.
Green days = flags etc also made the stadium full of more colour

They should also sort out the quality and prices of food - this is basics I feel - as it's over priced - slow service and poor quality.

They could even make a basic fan bar under the East Stand with TV's / drinks which shuts at 2.40pm and this would entice more people to the stadium earlier.

The catering at Stirling is better than Easter Rd.

Brightside
21-07-2014, 12:41 PM
You dont get many young kids in the East do you?

percy veer
21-07-2014, 12:45 PM
I think taking them to selected games is probably a better way to get them involved. Kids start to see going every week as a chore.

when I was younger used to go when it was a hibs kids game, mabey it was just me but the sight of a grown man shouting and swearing was quite funny and enjoyed the whole mach day experience from being told to wait outside the pub getting into all sorts of trouble with all other bairns who were made to wait outside and not take a gentlemans seat in the pub nowadays its ike a creche Robbies pub especially.

just had a look at the walk up prices and we all know they won't reducee the adults but 12 pound for a child really is a depressing state of affairs not even a token tenner to get in

silverhibee
21-07-2014, 12:57 PM
I realise we got into a stand off, and the insults were starting to cross the line. I've tried to put my house in order.

I am not obsessed with women, kids or their place at football. I thought the idea of keeping kids away from bams, and allowing bams their own free space one that was worth discussing.

It seems it struck a chord with some other posters, as there was some support for the idea. You seem to have chosen to home in on what I was posting alone. I don't know why that is.

Okay, here is my thoughts on a designated area for kids to stay away from bams/parents, it will never work, who looks after them for the 90 minutes, 300 kids in the corner of the south stand, chaos in my eyes, and they will still be able to hear the bams/parents from the stands, the bams on the pitch or even the bams in the dugout, it just isn't going to happen, so what if they are kicking the back of your seat or stepping past you every 10 minutes, they are kids and most of them can be annoying, i wonder what there thoughts are on the bams/parents.

This is not what you will want to hear but get used to it, Leeann is going to pack the place out with kids.

Happy days indeed.

Phil D. Rolls
21-07-2014, 12:59 PM
when I was younger used to go when it was a hibs kids game, mabey it was just me but the sight of a grown man shouting and swearing was quite funny and enjoyed the whole mach day experience from being told to wait outside the pub getting into all sorts of trouble with all other bairns who were made to wait outside and not take a gentlemans seat in the pub nowadays its ike a creche Robbies pub especially.

just had a look at the walk up prices and we all know they won't reducee the adults but 12 pound for a child really is a depressing state of affairs not even a token tenner to get in

I've just spotted an opening in the market. If kids are getting bored a games, simply let them watch he adults only section from a safe distance. As I keep saying, there is no reason why everybody can't win from this arrangement.

Phil D. Rolls
21-07-2014, 01:03 PM
Okay, here is my thoughts on a designated area for kids to stay away from bams/parents, it will never work, who looks after them for the 90 minutes, 300 kids in the corner of the south stand, chaos in my eyes, and they will still be able to hear the bams/parents from the stands, the bams on the pitch or even the bams in the dugout, it just isn't going to happen, so what if they are kicking the back of your seat or stepping past you every 10 minutes, they are kids and most of them can be annoying, i wonder what there thoughts are on the bams/parents.

This is not what you will want to hear but get used to it, Leeann is going to pack the place out with kids.

Happy days indeed.

I didn't say there should be a children only section, merely a bit of the ground where kids aren't allowed. Therefore they would be looked after by the people that brought them.

Im not advocating making large areas of the ground kids free either. I am not into forcing anyone to do anything, and if the club adapts a strategy based on families - so be it. They might be going down the wrong road, IMO, but I wouldn't argue with someone whose job it is to grow the club.

No doubt the strategy is evidence based and has been tried and tested elsewhere. Although, there is some anecdotal evidence here that suggests you don't hook them that way. At the end of the day, I suppose it's about pester power, and how much parents are prepared to plough into the club, whilst kidding themselves its what their kids want.

Ozyhibby
21-07-2014, 01:23 PM
What about Famous Five stand for over 14's only and west/north lower family area. Everywhere else mixed.

silverhibee
21-07-2014, 01:24 PM

What would be the reason for "child free areas" for bams to shout and swear at the ref or opposition players or just simply so there was no kids there to annoy the grown ups when they were having a rant, it really just isn't going to work is it, there is only one solution if you don't want your kid subjected to industrial language from adults or even other kids at football, don't bring them to the game would be the only solution, the industrial language will never be stopped from the 4 stands.

Point 2, there is nothing on show to attract young kids to ER on matchday, they don't even have a stand out favourite player to put on the back of there strip nowadays.

silverhibee
21-07-2014, 01:27 PM

And what happens if the adults you sit next too start acting like a bunch of five year olds, does it make it easier cause they aren't kids.

silverhibee
21-07-2014, 01:28 PM
Save the kids. :thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
21-07-2014, 01:35 PM
And what happens if the adults you sit next too start acting like a bunch of five year olds, does it make it easier cause they aren't kids.

I don't know. I suppose the only way to find out is to try it. I do know its easier to tell another adult to shut the **** up than it is to tell somebody's kids the same thing.

lord bunberry
21-07-2014, 02:17 PM
I don't know. I suppose the only way to find out is to try it. I do know its easier to tell another adult to shut the **** up than it is to tell somebody's kids the same thing.

Why would you want to tell someone's kids to shut the **** up, you're reasoning for having adult only sections was so people could say and do what they want. It sounds more like you just don't like kids near you at the football.

Phil D. Rolls
21-07-2014, 02:39 PM
Why would you want to tell someone's kids to shut the **** up, you're reasoning for having adult only sections was so people could say and do what they want. It sounds more like you just don't like kids near you at the football.

When did that become a crime? You really need to think about this from another angle. I've had kids, they are grown up, I like kids, but it would be nice to get away from them occasionally.

I don't want to tell anybody's kids to shut up. I just don't want to be bothered by them, or have to worry about offending them, or their parents.

If it makes you happier, I'll buy a ticket for the family section, affect a slack jawed grin, and laugh at everything the kids get up to. Say nothing, while they pester their dad for pizza, pies and Coca - Cola, and kid on that the fact that they are obese spoilt brats is cute.

Alternatively, we could have bits of the ground for social misfits, such as me. As I keep saying, there is no reason why everybody's match day experience can't be accommodated.

Im just a little perplexed at this assumption that everybody wants to be around kids all the time. Why does it bother you so much that not everybody wants their leisure time to be like a trip to the soft play?

Lago
21-07-2014, 03:14 PM
[/B]
When did that become a crime? You really need to think about this from another angle. I've had kids, they are grown up, I like kids, but it would be nice to get away from them occasionally.

I don't want to tell anybody's kids to shut up. I just don't want to be bothered by them, or have to worry about offending them, or their parents.

If it makes you happier, I'll buy a ticket for the family section, affect a slack jawed grin, and laugh at everything the kids get up to. Say nothing, while they pester their dad for pizza, pies and Coca - Cola, and kid on that the fact that they are obese spoilt brats is cute.

Alternatively, we could have bits of the ground for social misfits, such as me. As I keep saying, there is no reason why everybody's match day experience can't be accommodated.

Im just a little perplexed at this assumption that everybody wants to be around kids all the time. Why does it bother you so much that not everybody wants their leisure time to be like a trip to the soft play?
I am with you on this one. My experience is that 15mins into the the game the kids are bored ridid, cue running up and down the isles along the rows jump from one seat to the next, spill juce down your back, need I go on.

Phil D. Rolls
21-07-2014, 03:23 PM
I am with you on this one. My experience is that 15mins into the the game the kids are bored ridid, cue running up and down the isles along the rows jump from one seat to the next, spill juce down your back, need I go on.

It was always the same, in the old days the kids used to clown about at the wall at the side of the pitch.

Anyway, in modern all seated stadia, there is no reason why everyone can't share match day in the environment they prefer.

Lago
21-07-2014, 03:25 PM
It was always the same, in the old days the kids used to clown about at the wall at the side of the pitch.

Anyway, in modern all seated stadia, there is no reason why everyone can't share match day in the environment they prefer.
:top marks

lord bunberry
21-07-2014, 05:00 PM
[/B]

Is it the obese kids that bother you the most? What an absolutely horrible post. In 7 years I've only used the ignore function once, I'm about to make it twice.

SunshineOnLeith
21-07-2014, 06:02 PM
I hate kids. Bring on the adults only sections.

Conversely, though, when I first started being taken to games by my Dad there was a family enclosure, when did that stop being a thing?

Phil D. Rolls
21-07-2014, 06:07 PM
I hate kids. Bring on the adults only sections.

Conversely, though, when I first started being taken to games by my Dad there was a family enclosure, when did that stop being a thing?

The FF lower used to be the family section. Last time I went back there were kids who had now grown up sitting in the same seats they had always used.

H18Y GW
21-07-2014, 06:43 PM
[/B]

Must admit im much the same and too be honest my dad is 83 and the only time ive ever heard him swear was at the football, i take my boy and im sure many more are the same as me but dont want too admit they still let a few slip out kids or not

Phil D. Rolls
21-07-2014, 06:48 PM
Must admit im much the same and too be honest my dad is 83 and the only time ive ever heard him swear was at the football, i take my boy and im sure many more are the same as me but dont want too admit they still let a few slip out kids or not

Theres no reason why people can't sit in an adults only section, if they want. The stadium holds over 20,000 and its not like there's a fight for seats.

We can be family friendly, and misfit/deviant/non - conformist friendly. I think most reasonable people would respect people wanting to sit in an environment they are comfortable in.

When you go on holiday they have family friendly hotels, they have adults only hotels. I'm not aware of too many people objecting to that concept.

jacomo
21-07-2014, 06:56 PM
What about Famous Five stand for over 14's only and west/north lower family area. Everywhere else mixed.

Turn lower FF into a standing area, knock a few quid off for standing tickets, and we're in business.

East can sort itself out - all sorts go in there, from bams to ex-bams who now bring along their kids but wouldn't want to sit anywhere else.

NAE NOOKIE
21-07-2014, 07:39 PM
Regarding a post I made earlier: Looking at the official site there does not appear to be corporate hospitality in the FF advertised, at least not for the fans. Who uses it ?

J-C
21-07-2014, 08:49 PM
TBH the FF lower is suppose to be the family section but you do get loads of kids sprinkled all over the ground, I've read many posts on various threads where people have complained about the language etc of certain so called adults in that section, so it's not really a family section any more and the authorities don't seem to want to do anything about it. Even in the East, where it was always a bastion for the adult male supporter, the kids seem to be infiltrating and at times spoiling it for us adults, so yes an adult only section would definitely be welcomed by me.

FranckSuzy
21-07-2014, 09:37 PM
Yep, some feel threatened by the women too, taking over the world never mind football, beware men. :wink::greengrin

:wink: :tee hee:

greenginger
21-07-2014, 10:50 PM
TBH the FF lower is suppose to be the family section but you do get loads of kids sprinkled all over the ground, I've read many posts on various threads where people have complained about the language etc of certain so called adults in that section, so it's not really a family section any more and the authorities don't seem to want to do anything about it. Even in the East, where it was always a bastion for the adult male supporter, the kids seem to be infiltrating and at times spoiling it for us adults, so yes an adult only section would definitely be welcomed by me.

There was never an adults only section on the old terracing and all us kids who were subject the adult behavior of the day survived somehow.

Are we due compensation for our suffering ? :greengrin

J-C
21-07-2014, 10:55 PM
There was never an adults only section on the old terracing and all us kids who were subject the adult behavior of the day survived somehow.

Not saying it was an adult only stand but the old shed was definitely more older teens and younger adults, talking about the younger kids under say 12, more and more all over the ground.

jgl07
22-07-2014, 09:21 AM
If only...

An interesting comment from the guy who is serving three and a half years in stir for tax evasion.

Keith_M
22-07-2014, 11:06 AM

Even then most of the younger kids were in the Family Section, first in the Seated Enclosure behind the Goals then in the Seated Area in front of the Main Stand.

FWIW, I was a late starter when it came to actually attending games (13 y/o) and I heard much worse language at school than I did at ER.

Keith_M
22-07-2014, 11:08 AM
An interesting comment from the guy who is serving three and a half years in stir for tax evasion.

Interestingly enough, in the same Prison that housed Adolf Hitler in the 1920s.

I really hope he doesn't start a Political Party when he gets out :wink: