PDA

View Full Version : Has Something Finally Changed?

Thecat23
14-07-2014, 10:21 PM
Maybe it's just me but this management team and all the comments from folk in the game make me feel like the dark cloud at Easter Road that's hung over us may at last be breaking.

Ok, the season hasn't started but for once this is a guy wanting quality over quantity and training is fresh but hard working.

A lot of ball work and encouragement from the coaches. This could be the start of something good, even great if we won the league. Ok maybe jumping the gun there but why not dream big?

I'm tired of reading and posting stuff that's been about all what's wrong. This season this board for me will be a better place because we have a guy with, passion, drive, and a winner at heart.

Really hope the fans come back if (sorry when) we are doing well.

GGTTH.

mutley
14-07-2014, 10:24 PM
Like everything, time will tell. But I am getting a warm fuzzy feeling that things are maybe, just maybe, on the up for Hibs.

GGTTH

The_Horde
14-07-2014, 10:26 PM
"No. Rod's still here. Dempsters a puppet. Nelson and Craig are still here." Etc etc etc

Mon the stubbs era!

Nevi_SOL
14-07-2014, 10:30 PM
:flag::flag:

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2014, 10:37 PM
When we start winning proper games and are back in the SPFL challenging for Europe, that's when i will start thinking things are going well, and things have finally changed.

kaimendhibs
14-07-2014, 10:41 PM
I feel really positive, the times they are a changing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMAXXA
14-07-2014, 10:42 PM
When we start winning proper games and are back in the SPFL challenging for Europe, that's when i will start thinking things are going well, and things have finally changed.

But wouldn't things have had to have changed to get is to there?

Thecat23
14-07-2014, 10:42 PM

Fair dos BH, I'd never have a go at fans who have had enough mate. But on the flip side, can't just support them when we're doing well ;)

Unseen work
14-07-2014, 10:43 PM
He's the first manager in a while that I have confidence in and seems to have a very clear vision of what he wants and how to get it. He excites me and I just have a very good feeling.

Even with butcher for me he was sensational at caley but a lot of us, myself included were a bit naive just lookin at his time there as elsewhere he was a disaster but sometimes some coaches just hit it off at certain teams

Sir David Gray
14-07-2014, 10:50 PM
I'll reserve judgement for now.

If we are sitting near the top of the league by next March or April and challenging for promotion then I will start to feel excited and feel that things are finally changing.

Still totally scunnered by what's gone on at Hibs over the past few years.

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2014, 10:57 PM
But wouldn't things have had to have changed to get is to there?

Is that not what i said?

SlickShoes
14-07-2014, 10:57 PM
I'll wait until we have played some games that actually matter, the main thing that's different from last season is that we have no played any games that matter and have half the amount of players we should.

It's nice that Alan seems to have a good footballing philosophy and what not but forgive me if i'm no convinced after signing 2 players and played 0 games that matter.

Edinburgh Green
14-07-2014, 10:58 PM
The proof of the pudding.... I'm 100% behind Stubbs but until the season starts and games are won it means nothing. This season is all about results

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2014, 11:05 PM
Fair dos BH, I'd never have a go at fans who have had enough mate. But on the flip side, can't just support them when we're doing well ;)

I have not had enough, i will still go to a few games this coming season. I'm just not as enthusiastic as before, and don't think words are enough these days to get me excited about what may or may not happen.

Its all about getting promoted this season, nothing else is acceptable for me.

Although the last 4 seasons have been unacceptable for me, i obviously want us to turn it round and do much better. :pray:

Bishop Hibee
14-07-2014, 11:12 PM
Still the most underwhelmed I've ever been before the start of a season. I've renewed my ST but know a lot of people who've given up in the last couple of seasons and I can't blame them. Dempster and Stubbs are talking a good game but the team must deliver on the pitch.

I"ve backed the club, now it's time the club delivered.

Oh and Petrie out, Forever Hibernian!

silverhibee
14-07-2014, 11:15 PM
Maybe it's just me but this management team and all the comments from folk in the game make me feel like the dark cloud at Easter Road that's hung over us may at last be breaking.

Ok, the season hasn't started but for once this is a guy wanting quality over quantity and training is fresh but hard working.

A lot of ball work and encouragement from the coaches. This could be the start of something good, even great if we won the league. Ok maybe jumping the gun there but why not dream big?

I'm tired of reading and posting stuff that's been about all what's wrong. This season this board for me will be a better place because we have a guy with, passion, drive, and a winner at heart.

GGTTH.

Did you not say the same thing about Butcher & co bud when they joined, i will reserve judgement until we are in a decent place again, with Hibs talk is cheap, it's on the pitch that counts as far as I'm concerned it's what takes place when the action starts in the new season, been to many false dawns for me to get carried away with the new set up at Hibs, only winning games and being in the SPFL at the first time of asking then i might get excited.

Hibeesmad
14-07-2014, 11:15 PM
Things are looking positive, hopefully they remain that way

Ozyhibby
14-07-2014, 11:19 PM
I'm impressed by all the changes that are happening but I refuse to get excited anymore until I see a team on the park that is worthy of being called Hibs.
I've fell for all the PR spin before, never again.

ekhibee
14-07-2014, 11:21 PM
Yep, this.

SteveHFC
14-07-2014, 11:29 PM
I have a feeling we will win the league this season, Hearts to beat THE Rangers in the play-offs before losing to our good old friends in the Dark Blue from Dundee :wink:

Baader
14-07-2014, 11:30 PM
Not going to pass judgement on any Hibs manager ever again until they've a good few games behind them - was impressed with the noises Butcher made when he came in but it was all hot air. Talk is cheap!

hihohibby
15-07-2014, 12:55 AM
At this stage, I am neither the pessimist or the optimist and remain open-minded regarding Alan Stubbs and the season ahead. The fact is that Alan Stubbs has no competitive game under his belt, and no season to look back on. He remains an unknown quantity. Only naked facts, born of the passage of time and results, will inform us all if he is a success or failure.

Dashing Bob S
15-07-2014, 01:46 AM
At this stage, I am neither the pessimist or the optimist and remain open-minded regarding Alan Stubbs and the season ahead. The fact is that Alan Stubbs has no competitive game under his belt, and no season to look back on. He remains an unknown quantity. Only naked facts, born of the passage of time and results, will inform us all if he is a success or failure.

This. The rest, quite frankly, is nonsense. People can express hope or cynicism as much as they like, but football is about results and performances.

HoboHarry
15-07-2014, 01:55 AM
This. The rest, quite frankly, is nonsense. People can express hope or cynicism as much as they like, but football is about results and performances.
The rest is not nonsense. Dreams, hopes and desires are a huge part of life in general and are inside every fan......

IWasThere2016
15-07-2014, 05:24 AM
I've intentionally not listened to a word Stubbs has said - as too many managers say the right thing and then fail to deliver. The proof is in the pudding and therefore I agree with BH and Silver. Let's see it not just hear about it through (hollow) promises.

Michael
15-07-2014, 05:35 AM
I hope we play decent football. And I hope we do for years to come. As long as we do that I'm happy. People have hinted that's the way we're heading, so I'm optimistic.

gorgie greens
15-07-2014, 05:39 AM
I agree with most guys on this,so many of the previous managers have talked the talk and have been found wanting,i feel if we get a few more quality signings then we have as much chance as anyone else to go up and IF were up where we all feel we should be then i may get some of the feel good factor back,

Forza Fred
15-07-2014, 05:54 AM

Damn sense:agree:

Turkish Green
15-07-2014, 05:55 AM
Glass half full or glass half empty. I am a "the glass is too big" sort of a guy.

I will reserve judgement until after the first 5 league games. A defeat in Game 2 will knock the supporters back a bit. But I cannot see a finish outside of the play-offs.

BT58
15-07-2014, 06:02 AM
The feeling in the camp is getting better,, why ?? because finally rumours are turning into reality,, new signings will ALWAYS bring a feelgood factor .
AS still has a long way to go ,, lets see us playing as a TEAM when we are playing in the league or cups , at least he has got rid of yon hoof fitba ,,
just hope he keeps JMcD in the duggout for an input
All we need now is a GK, CH and 2 speedy wingers , & another CF ( & they loan stars from Everton )
hey nurse hurry up with my medication,,im beginning to smile ,,we canny have that

GordonHFC
15-07-2014, 06:42 AM
Glass half full or glass half empty. I am a "the glass is too big" sort of a guy.

I will reserve judgement until after the first 5 league games. A defeat in Game 2 will knock the supporters back a bit. But I cannot see a finish outside of the play-offs.

Following Hibs I usually start being a glass half full guy then mid season it turns into half empty. By the end of the season I've had enough and it makes me sick.

Steve20
15-07-2014, 07:20 AM
Stubbs is saying all the right things. But let's see what players are brought in (and there needs to be alot more before kick off) and how the first couple of months go before we can tell if we are on the road to recovery.

lord bunberry
15-07-2014, 07:27 AM
I'm impressed by all the changes that are happening but I refuse to get excited anymore until I see a team on the park that is worthy of being called Hibs.
I've fell for all the PR spin before, never again.

Me to, I like what Stubbs has to say but I've heard it before. I'll be there for the start of the season to cheer them on, but I won't be getting carried away until I see results on the pitch.

HappyAsHellas
15-07-2014, 07:45 AM
I am optimistic because of what has been seen to be done so far. Players looking like they're enjoying pre game warm up exercises, and starting their warm downs immediately after being subbed, not stropping into a dugout. Players taking a few minutes to make contact with the fans for photos, autographs or a wee blether. And, yes, I understand this probably wont happen at Ibrox, but for the first time in years I feel like I am in touch with what we are doing. It feels great, long may it last. Oh, and as an aside, we've actually played football so far.

S.sct
15-07-2014, 07:48 AM

GGTTH.

Strange post.....glad you feel like this mate but there's no evidence of anything changing yet.....I've heard similar statements from previous Hibs managers so let's reserve judgement until we see real evidence on the park. Hope you're right all the same....

Hibrandenburg
15-07-2014, 07:51 AM
Far too long in the tooth to start getting excited. I'll hang on until something actually exciting happens before I start releasing the endorphins.

greenpaper55
15-07-2014, 08:10 AM
I think for a lot of fans the stuffing has been knocked out of them by the total farce of recent years, fans will return but it will take more than words for this to happen.

Crazyhorse
15-07-2014, 08:41 AM
Not going to pass judgement on any Hibs manager ever again until they've a good few games behind them - was impressed with the noises Butcher made when he came in but it was all hot air. Talk is cheap!

Agreed. Although in Hibs case it never turns out to be very cheap.

Speedway
15-07-2014, 08:46 AM
I think for a lot of fans the stuffing has been knocked out of them by the total farce of recent years, fans will return but it will take more than words for this to happen.

I think that's right and I think we're also our own worst enemy because like all fans we have a romanticised notion of what the club is and is capable of.

In terms of money, the club is fairly small time as are many of our rivals. Our rivals have simply been managed better in recent times whilst others have found that they can do whatever they want and still survive.

This all adds to the injustice but Hibs is only a big club and draw to those who are young and/or from smaller clubs.

Last time we were here, we got Sauzee, Latapy et al. Could you imagine that happening now by signing Thierry Henry and William Gallas?

Just not going to happen.

As correctly said elsewhere, change is seen in style of football and results. That's it.

Community/communications etc comes after that as you get a much warmer reception when you're associated with success.

RIP
15-07-2014, 09:18 AM
The only thing I'm excited about is that our head coach's performance will be managed by a team who appear competent to fulfil that role. And an adherence to a Hibs way of playing that will sell season tickets and get the crowd excited about attending games.

It's nothing short of incredible Farmer and Petrie believed that an Accountant had the sporting knowledge and man-management capability to take charge of our football manager and get the best out of him and the team.

I honestly believe that if Collins, Mixu, Yogi, Fenlon and Butcher had reported to a chairman like Geoff Brown or a Stewart Milne they would have achieved far more. Successful businesspeople, great leaders, experienced football administrators and avid football fans.

buktapurple79
15-07-2014, 09:30 AM
Got a great vibe about Alan - everything is nicely understated, he is a very resilient character and we'll see that in his team and the performances this season. Great appointment.

Eyrie
15-07-2014, 07:00 PM
I'm optimistic.

But then I'm always optimistic heading into a new season. If I wasn't I'd have given into reality years ago and given up on Hibs*.

*Not entirely sure that's possible, but you get my drift.

Phil D. Rolls
15-07-2014, 07:15 PM
The rest is not nonsense. Dreams, hopes and desires are a huge part of life in general and are inside every fan......

It gets harder every autumn though.

Ronniekirk
15-07-2014, 08:59 PM
Far too long in the tooth to start getting excited. I'll hang on until something actually exciting happens before I start releasing the endorphins.
The Seratorin is slowly being released but agree it's too early to know how we will do and we will need a few more quality signings and a run of games with our first choice team before we really know .

hihohibby
15-07-2014, 09:20 PM
Tonights starting line up would appear to indicate that, NO, things have not finally changed. An all too familiar bunch of failures from last season are being given yet another chance and I for one will not dip into my pockets to go and watch them struggle to do the basics. Butcher, despite his faults, was right in that a wholesale clear out was required. Alan, to be fair, wants to wipe the slate clean and give the contracted players a 2nd chance to shine, but he did not suffer their collective dire performances time and time again last season, when they could not muster that 1 point that would have guaranteed SPL survival. I am still hurting as a Hibby and not as forgiving as others. Results are all that matter this coming season. Can I see last seasons failures being a success this season?...No! They do not possess either the quality or the character to get us promoted. Please, please, Alan, let there be at least another 4 or 5 quality signings before the games that matter kick in.

KeithTheHibby
15-07-2014, 09:23 PM

We are so far from that, you may wait a while.

oregonhibby
15-07-2014, 09:31 PM
I think they have changed. I think we are only spending when we need to and with what we have.

Our expectations are being managed and I cannot see a lot more signings - I hope I am wrong - but all the signs point to rebuilding the club from the bottom up, ie creating structure and coaching ability. Growing our own supplemented with a few experienced seniors.

We would have been filling up with mediocrity in the past and spending.

Season ticket money is even more important but that is down to personal choice.

Lucius Apuleius
15-07-2014, 09:42 PM
Tonights starting line up would appear to indicate that, NO, things have not finally changed. An all too familiar bunch of failures from last season are being given yet another chance and I for one will not dip into my pockets to go and watch them struggle to do the basics. Butcher, despite his faults, was right in that a wholesale clear out was required. Alan, to be fair, wants to wipe the slate clean and give the contracted players a 2nd chance to shine, but he did not suffer their collective dire performances time and time again last season, when they could not muster that 1 point that would have guaranteed SPL survival. I am still hurting as a Hibby and not as forgiving as others. Results are all that matter this coming season. Can I see last seasons failures being a success this season?...No! They do not possess either the quality or the character to get us promoted. Please, please, Alan, let there be at least another 4 or 5 quality signings before the games that matter kick in.

&*%$ me old sea boots, do you ever change the record?

Jonnyboy
15-07-2014, 10:01 PM

Your choice but I'd argue they did the basics pretty well tonight. The diffence in style is stunning and encouraging but don't let that thought interupt your gloom

Lucius Apuleius
15-07-2014, 10:08 PM
Basics as in pass a baw 5 or 10 yards. Even more so to a player in green jersey (please note, not a green and white jersey unfortunately). Basics as in throw ins taken within a couple of seconds and going to a player in a green jersey ( please note etc etc. ). Basics as in a string of passes together. Basics as in playing the ball on the ground and not in the air. Basics as in a goalkeeper passing the ball to his defenders. All these things I saw tonight. I never saw them last season.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-07-2014, 10:08 PM

Grumpy again?

Jonnyboy
15-07-2014, 10:10 PM
Basics as in pass a baw 5 or 10 yards. Even more so to a player in green jersey (please note, not a green and white jersey unfortunately). Basics as in throw ins taken within a couple of seconds and going to a player in a green jersey ( please note etc etc. ). Basics as in a string of passes together. Basics as in playing the ball on the ground and not in the air. Basics as in a goalkeeper passing the ball to his defenders. All these things I saw tonight. I never saw them last season.

:agree:

Thecat23
15-07-2014, 10:14 PM

Well said!!

Ronniekirk
15-07-2014, 10:20 PM
Your choice but I'd argue they did the basics pretty well tonight. The diffence in style is stunning and encouraging but don't let that thought interupt your gloom
Still haven't dipped my toe back into the water yet but will take your word that difference in style is stunning .Will see who else we sign this week and probably miss friendly on Saturday but look to check them out after that .

Jonnyboy
15-07-2014, 10:21 PM
Still haven't dipped my toe back into the water yet but will take your word that difference in style is stunning .Will see who else we sign this week and probably miss friendly on Saturday but look to check them out after that .

Can you miss it on Sunday instead Ronnie? :greengrin

FranckSuzy
15-07-2014, 10:25 PM

:tee hee:

FranckSuzy
15-07-2014, 10:28 PM

:faf:

Jonnyboy
15-07-2014, 10:31 PM

Ain't that the truth :greengrin

These 'failures' are still here, like it or not but don't you think Stubbs might just get out of them what Butcher and Malpas miserably failed to do?

Brightside
15-07-2014, 10:34 PM

You just going to post this on every thread aye?

Ronniekirk
15-07-2014, 10:38 PM
Yep washing my hair :wink:

That's me going now ,whether we sign someone or not but if I don't find the difference in style of play stunning I will let you know .

Ronniekirk
15-07-2014, 10:40 PM
:tee hee:
:confused: They both begin with an S

Jonnyboy
15-07-2014, 10:40 PM

That's me going now ,whether we sign someone or not but if I don't find the difference in style of play stunning I will let you know .

Stunning in that hoofball was nowhere to be seen - that's stunning in my book Ronnie - head and shoulders better you might say :wink:

Mind it's a 2pm kick off on Sunday :aok:

Ronniekirk
15-07-2014, 10:51 PM
Stunning in that hoofball was nowhere to be seen - that's stunning in my book Ronnie - head and shoulders better you might say :wink:

Mind it's a 2pm kick off on Sunday :aok:

Am not going to spit Hairs with you on this one but if the players conditioning is right and there is a sheen to our play am sure we will win in style .:wink:

Jonnyboy
15-07-2014, 10:54 PM
Am not going to spit Hairs with you on this one but if the players conditioning is right and there is a sheen to our play am sure we will win in style .:wink:

:greengrin

hihohibby
15-07-2014, 10:59 PM

I recall all too well feeling positive soon after Butchers arrival, and for that short period when the difference in performance and belief was like light and day when compared to Fenlon's time. Psychologically, Butcher really did have many of us believing in a positive future. My lesson was learnt quickly. Believe it or not, I am positive by nature and in my everyday approach to life. But Hibs take the biscuit and push tolerance levels to extremes. I'm pleased to hear that the basics were carried out earlier tonight. That is the very least a professional football player should be able to deliver. I'm actually rather excited about the season ahead - new grounds, teams and the prospect of locking horns with The Rangers and Hearts and, I'm sure, one or two other teams who just might surprise the bigger fish, ourselves being one of those bigger fish.

Bobby's Cinema
16-07-2014, 11:40 AM
I would like to think the passing game on a pitch which was immaculate last night will transfer into competitive games. Good signs there :aok:

It just goes to show how much the back four MUST have been under instructions from TB to launch it forward the way they did last season. ****ing Idiot, who carries the majority of the blame for this.

Big Nelson looking almost cultured last night :greengrin

Sudds_1
16-07-2014, 12:10 PM

have to agree to an extent, although or me just winning games and playing football on the ground will be a good start.

Supporters have been kicked in the nads far too often to be too optimistic and believe the rhetoric.....even if we want to. Actions and results rather than words and promises are what's needed to bring the feel-good factor back................

overdrive
16-07-2014, 12:12 PM
The only thing I'm excited about is that our head coach's performance will be managed by a team who appear competent to fulfil that role. And an adherence to a Hibs way of playing that will sell season tickets and get the crowd excited about attending games.

It's nothing short of incredible Farmer and Petrie believed that an Accountant had the sporting knowledge and man-management capability to take charge of our football manager and get the best out of him and the team.

I honestly believe that if Collins, Mixu, Yogi, Fenlon and Butcher had reported to a chairman like Geoff Brown or a Stewart Milne they would have achieved far more. Successful businesspeople, great leaders, experienced football administrators and avid football fans.

As opposed to what? A marketing professional with a bit of experience in the football industry and a former executive of a marquee company with some experience in the football industry? The accountant you refer to was also a former marquee company executive with some experience in the football industry.

I'd look less to their professional background and more to the other skills and capabilities they have to lead a football club such as Hibs - what those skills and capabilities are whether Dempster and Craig have them - I don't know! Maybe our previous CEO had these skills and abilities as well but was just not given the freedom to implement what he wanted?

tamig
16-07-2014, 12:15 PM

You are like a broken record and your words are often draining.
I've been encouraged since LD arrived ans Stubbs seems to be building a highly professional and respected backroom team around him.
Some of the failures you harp on about from last season were successful before they arrived here and would no doubt be again if they left. They are not bad players. With the new backroom set up in place and the addition of another few decent players I'm confident we'll have a good season.
Butcher's biggest mistake was that he tried to impose a system on a group of players whose strengths never matched that system. To dismiss them subsequently as schecht then try to get them to pull him out the fire was asking for trouble.
The new guys will be assessing the strengths of the current squad and will develop a style accordingly. I have no doubt of that.

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2014, 12:26 PM
I've been encouraged since LD arrived ans Stubbs seems to be building a highly professional and respected backroom team around him.
Some of the failures you harp on about from last season were successful before they arrived here and would no doubt be again if they left. They are not bad players. With the new backroom set up in place and the addition of another few decent players I'm confident we'll have a good season.
Butcher's biggest mistake was that he tried to impose a system on a group of players whose strengths never matched that system. To dismiss them subsequently as schecht then try to get them to pull him out the fire was asking for trouble.
The new guys will be assessing the strengths of the current squad and will develop a style accordingly. I have no doubt of that.

I have been fed up with the broken record that's told to us every season, this season will be better, this season we will sign quality over quantity, and this season thanks to our patience the rewards will be there for all to see.

Its never happened, and amazingly we find ourselves in the Championship, something even i did not imagine would happen.

This is why i'm someone now who does not bother what comes from the club anymore, its results and European challenges i'm after.

Its up to Alan to deliver now.

patlowe
16-07-2014, 12:31 PM
I'm feeling more positive about things than I was previously but I have to say that it is one thing playing nice passing football in preseason - the sun is out, the surface is great, the birds are singing, players feel on top of the world - but it is entirely different doing it in front of 40,000 people at Ibrox or in an Edinburgh derby at Tynecastle. I do fear that if we start the season with the majority of the team made up of last season's players, then we risk suffering the same collective lack of composure and mental meltdowns that we have seen from Hibs teams for far too many years now. I really, really hope Stubbs is instilling a different mindset and determination into the players.

Just Alf
16-07-2014, 12:35 PM

Your 1st statement is bang on... I'm sure I've seen some "mutual consents" due to exactly this (repeated repeatedly across different threads)

As for the rest .... Right again!.... How often have we seen players be good until they were at Hibs then pick up again after they leave... If AS can get those players to be good as they were elsewhere then we're on a good thing..... In fact it might feel like they are new signings!.... Ok... Ok!.... Maybe taking that too far!

tamig
16-07-2014, 12:35 PM
I have been fed up with the broken record that's told to us every season, this season will be better, this season we will sign quality over quantity, and this season thanks to our patience the rewards will be there for all to see.

Its never happened, and amazingly we find ourselves in the Championship, something even i did not imagine would happen.

This is why i'm someone now who does not bother what comes from the club anymore, its results and European challenges i'm after.

Its up to Alan to deliver now.

It is. The big difference for me this season is that there is a new Chief Exec - who seems to be football savvy, George Craig and a whole new coaching team. We've not had changes on this scale for as long as I can remember. I'm buying into it anyway but I don't blame anyone having doubts after what's happened over the past 7 years or so.

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2014, 12:47 PM
It is. The big difference for me this season is that there is a new Chief Exec - who seems to be football savvy, George Craig and a whole new coaching team. We've not had changes on this scale for as long as I can remember. I'm buying into it anyway but I don't blame anyone having doubts after what's happened over the past 7 years or so.

Hey i'm just looking for improvement and a club that punches its weight. If Stubbs with the help of Dempster Craig and the rest of the new coaching team can do this then we will all be happy. :pray:

Speedway
16-07-2014, 01:00 PM

'Stunning Fitba' or yer money back'

Now THAT should be part of the Dempster Discourse.

Jonnyboy
16-07-2014, 06:23 PM
I recall all too well feeling positive soon after Butchers arrival, and for that short period when the difference in performance and belief was like light and day when compared to Fenlon's time. Psychologically, Butcher really did have many of us believing in a positive future. My lesson was learnt quickly. Believe it or not, I am positive by nature and in my everyday approach to life. But Hibs take the biscuit and push tolerance levels to extremes. I'm pleased to hear that the basics were carried out earlier tonight. That is the very least a professional football player should be able to deliver. I'm actually rather excited about the season ahead - new grounds, teams and the prospect of locking horns with The Rangers and Hearts and, I'm sure, one or two other teams who just might surprise the bigger fish, ourselves being one of those bigger fish.

Thought you said you wouldn't be spending your hard earned watching that rubbish? :greengrin

On a serious note, I think many of us were taken in by Butcher but I firmly believe that in Stubbs we have a man capable of taking us onwards and upwards :aok:

Lago
16-07-2014, 09:34 PM
Thought you said you wouldn't be spending your hard earned watchinging that rubbish? :greengrin

On a serious note, I think many of us were taken in by Butcher but I firmly believe that in Stubbs we have a man capable of taking us onwards and upwards :aok:
Totally agree, Stubbs might turn out to be one of the best things to have happened to Hibs for many a year.

sahib
16-07-2014, 09:57 PM
Totally agree, Stubbs might turn out to be one of the best things to have happened to Hibs for many a year.

Will he get time to put a side together?

Ozyhibby
17-07-2014, 07:25 AM
Will he get time to put a side together?

At the current speed it would take him about 10 years. :-(