PDA

View Full Version : John Porteous

mikey1875
14-07-2014, 08:09 PM
Not sure if already mentioned

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2014/07/14/john-porteous-departs-for-hibs/

WellingtonHibby
14-07-2014, 08:17 PM
Hopefully this will see hibs adopt a more proactive role to treatment and physio and reduce the time players spend on the sidelines owing to niggling injuries and/or aggravations. Ive lost count of the amount of times hibs players have begun thier "comeback" from injury only to breakdown again. Im casting aspersions on the current medical staff, it just appears, to me at least, that its an area we may have skimped on in the past and its bitten us in the ass time and time again.

Sir David Gray
14-07-2014, 08:18 PM
Why is it that we need to rely on other teams' websites for the most up to date information about our club?

We are referring to the St Mirren website for news about Ross Caldwell leaving and signing for them. Apparently he's been with them for the last couple of weeks and Hibs have never confirmed that he's even left the club.

Now we're hearing about Motherwell's physio joining us from the Motherwell website.

This is another area of the club that Leeann Dempster really needs to kick into shape.

lucky
14-07-2014, 08:20 PM
Seems that Hibs are genuinely changing for once. Motherwell must be getting pissed of at Hibs taking their staff

Weir7
14-07-2014, 08:24 PM
Seems that Hibs are genuinely changing for once. Motherwell must be getting pissed of at Hibs taking their staff

By getting a physio. We've lost ours to Aston villa

lucky
14-07-2014, 08:29 PM
By getting a physio. We've lost ours to Aston villa

By recruiting their CEO and physio. This from a team that finished 2cd in the premiership 2 years in a row

JoeT_WasTheBest
14-07-2014, 08:30 PM
Why is it that we need to rely on other teams' websites for the most up to date information about our club?

We are referring to the St Mirren website for news about Ross Caldwell leaving and signing for them. Apparently he's been with them for the last couple of weeks and Hibs have never confirmed that he's even left the club.

Now we're hearing about Motherwell's physio joining us from the Motherwell website.

This is another area of the club that Leeann Dempster really needs to kick into shape.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you here, but playing Devil's Advocate, if we'd announced a new physio joining us would the reaction from some not have been "A physio?! When are we going to sign some more f****n players??" :greengrin

Sir David Gray
14-07-2014, 08:33 PM
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you here, but playing Devil's Advocate, if we'd announced a new physio joining us would the reaction from some not have been "A physio?! When are we going to sign some more f****n players??" :greengrin

Probably, as some people like any excuse to complain.

However, hearing about Hibs news (ANY Hibs news, at that) from the Hibs website, before any other media outlet, would be rather nice for a change.

Iggy Pope
14-07-2014, 08:35 PM

I would suggest, more to to the point, why are we relying on another teams' Physio? Let her kick the first things into shape then she can deal with the utter, utter outrage elsewhere.

Weir7
14-07-2014, 08:43 PM
By recruiting their CEO and physio. This from a team that finished 2cd in the premiership 2 years in a row

Based on that we'll win league

lucky
14-07-2014, 08:46 PM
Based on that we'll win league

I know it's not a school night but away and play with your toys since it's clearly past your bedtime

Weir7
14-07-2014, 08:47 PM
I know it's not a school night but away and play with your toys since it's clearly past your bedtime

Classic line

snooky
14-07-2014, 08:52 PM
Okay, let's get the old adage over and done with now

Can he play in goals?

Next!

lucky
14-07-2014, 09:03 PM
Classic line

Zzzzzz

Jim Herriot
14-07-2014, 10:23 PM
Classic line

Speaking of classic (hibs.net) lines...

We'd be better off with... er... someone else whose surname is Porteous...

joebakerforever
14-07-2014, 10:34 PM
John also is part of the volunteer first aiders at both Glasgow & Edinburgh Speedways (Ashfield & Edinburgh) and has been doing this for many years.

Very approachable and fully explained to me the purpose of the tape strips that the likes of Ballotelli have on their legs when I asked him :aok:

NorthNorfolkHFC
14-07-2014, 10:37 PM
Was there a new position or has a previous physio asked to leave.

On 'back room staff' is the lad Holden joining the revolution and in what capacity? Same for Alan Combe?

"That was classic intercourse!"

JIm
15-07-2014, 07:11 AM
I would expect many more staff changes, it appears Leanne is on a mission to oust the vast majority of staff within Easter Road. (from someone i know who has just moved on to a new role)

If you work for the club its certainly squeeky bum time.

scoopyboy
15-07-2014, 07:24 AM
Was there a new position or has a previous physio asked to leave.

On 'back room staff' is the lad Holden joining the revolution and in what capacity? Same for Alan Combe?

"That was classic intercourse!"

Definitely not.

Davie Henderson has moved on to Aston Villa. Ex Newcastle Utd, we were never going to be able to hold on to him for too long.

Brightside
15-07-2014, 07:40 AM
I would expect many more staff changes, it appears Leanne is on a mission to oust the vast majority of staff within Easter Road. (from someone i know who has just moved on to a new role)

Heard the exact same thing. A few people not impressed with her. But its going to be her way and make no mistake. This woman is now 100% runing the club.

.Sean.
15-07-2014, 08:53 AM

I'll take a text :wink:

Good to hear. For far too long folk within the club have accepted mediocrity. I've been nothing but impressed with Dempster so far.

Speedway
15-07-2014, 09:02 AM
Speaking of classic (hibs.net) lines...

We'd be better off with... er... someone else whose surname is Porteous...

John Porteous? I'd rather have Ian Porteous https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ian+porteous&rlz=1C1CHFX_en-gbGB489GB493&espv=2&tbm=isch&imgil=CAAw5U2lo7HX8M%253A%253Bhttps%253A%252F%252F encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com%252Fimages%253Fq%253Dtbn%253AANd9 GcSEzflgQ9N4fY63Mo1PEFe9kg2gy__LV09pTeZ_DRKRfr9GAr yroQ%253B133%253B200%253BVZxAuDgJjbihlM%253Bhttp%2 5253A%25252F%25252Fbackoffice.afc.co.uk%25252Fptv% 25252Fplayer_index.cfm%25253FSeason%2525253D1984-85&source=iu&usg=__7Hp61iI3CZ4zKT0XOKw_mpvIcWo%3D&sa=X&ei=_u3EU4LuM47G7AaL3YC4DA&ved=0CDcQ9QEwBg&biw=1366&bih=667#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=XYQ-LNNWZzXWyM%253A%3BLiSuMrIG3F7vTM%3Bhttps%253A%252F %252Ffarm4.staticflickr.com%252F3182%252F299020693 8_c12f1c8d54.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.flickriv er.com%252Fphotos%252Faberdeenfc%252Ftags%252F85%2 52F%3B396%3B500

JIm
15-07-2014, 09:30 AM
I'll take a text :wink:

Good to hear. For far too long folk within the club have accepted mediocrity. I've been nothing but impressed with Dempster so far.

You going tonight?

Think she just needs to be careful and make sure its the ones who are failing that are removed. I'm sure there are a few really good folk within the club.

banarc7062
15-07-2014, 09:48 AM
Welcome aboard Buddy. Remember Winchburgh Albion in the old days.:flag:

CockneyRebel
15-07-2014, 09:57 AM
[QUOTE=NorthNorfolkHFC;4097104]Was there a new position or has a previous physio asked to leave.

Alan Combe is new goalkeeper coach and AS said he may also register him as player (back up). Holden is due to be announced and club to verify titles and job descriptions for Holden and Doolan.

Hibs7
15-07-2014, 09:59 AM
Welcome aboard Buddy. Remember Winchburgh Albion in the old days.:flag:

I remember Winchburgh Albion .. Used to watch them and had mates who played for them .

WestCoastHibby
15-07-2014, 10:16 AM
Heard the exact same thing. A few people not impressed with her. But its going to be her way and make no mistake. This woman is now 100% runing the club.

I know its a bit off at a tangent but one of the things the " new broom" needs to sweep clean is the smoking that goes on in the Latrines at half time. G4S staff are as much use as tits on a fish when it comes to doing the job they are paid for.

You are breaking the law puffers.....

Nutmegged
15-07-2014, 10:21 AM

I think the only thing that suggests is that we pay a better wage than Motherwell but thats not news, I don't think it necessarily matters to physios what division their team is in, if they're getting more money at Hibs that'll be all that matters IMO, ita not like a player trying to test himself at the best level possible

NAE NOOKIE
15-07-2014, 10:29 AM
I know its a bit off at a tangent but one of the things the " new broom" needs to sweep clean is the smoking that goes on in the Latrines at half time. G4S staff are as much use as tits on a fish when it comes to doing the job they are paid for.

Perhaps the new broom could provide a half time smoking area .... problem solved.

Sudds_1
15-07-2014, 10:37 AM
John also is part of the volunteer first aiders at both Glasgow & Edinburgh Speedways (Ashfield & Edinburgh) and has been doing this for many years.

Very approachable and fully explained to me the purpose of the tape strips that the likes of Ballotelli have on their legs when I asked him :aok:

.....................which is?.......

JIm
15-07-2014, 12:17 PM

I do agree, surely it wouldnt be difficult to open up a couple of the back turnstiles and contain the smokers in walk up area? Surely it could be cordoned off to stop people sneaking in as well (if thats really an issue at half time).

Sometimes i do wonder whether common sense can prevail or whether theres red tape around opening some gates at half time!

Speedway
15-07-2014, 03:58 PM
Perhaps the new broom could provide a half time smoking area .... problem solved.

Already has - Tynecastle.

joebakerforever
15-07-2014, 10:29 PM
[/B].....................which is?.......

Take your pick :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18672458