PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Renewals

Ozyhibby
14-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Watching the final with my mates last night and the conversation turned to who was renewing this year. After vowing not to, most have now renewed or plan to. One was telling me that he has not renewed yet but was surprised that he had not heard from Hibs at all. No emails or phone calls etc?
He has had his ticket for 18 years now.
Is it the same for others?
Should the sales Dept at Hibs be doing more?

WestStandMoaner
14-07-2014, 06:11 PM
Watching the final with my mates last night and the conversation turned to who was renewing this year. After vowing not to, most have now renewed or plan to. One was telling me that he has not renewed yet but was surprised that he had not heard from Hibs at all. No emails or phone calls etc?

The sales department is a joke, I and a friend have adverting boards at ER, I think between us we spend £6000, I never heard from Hibs about renewing until I sent a cheeky email on Friday congratulating them on selling out all their advertising boards and how disappointed I was not to be given the chance renew.

Got an email back today asking for a meeting. Not sure if I am going to advertise his year but want to hear why they have not bothered to get in touch with advertisers, more importantly can they afford to lose this revenue

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-07-2014, 06:15 PM
Had my ticket for years, not renewed yet. Not as much as a phone call

Gatecrasher
14-07-2014, 06:16 PM
I got an email mast week about season tickets and it's been on the front page of the web site numerous times, the renewal stuff was also sent out months ago, #TBGWA <-remember that?

i just want to add I know the club aren't the best but they haven't exactly hid the information, those interested should be able to find information easily, and there has been loads of information from the club and in the press about ST's, and that's away from the usual emails and leaflet through the door.

Hibeesmad
14-07-2014, 06:18 PM
Does anyone have an email address in which I can get in contact with Leeann? I just want to share a few ideas in which could help boost season ticket sales, worth a go

hibs4thecup1988
14-07-2014, 06:22 PM
I got an email mast week about season tickets and it's been on the front page of the web site numerous times, the renewal stuff was also sent out months ago, #TBGWA <-remember that?'

Oooops. Watch guys here's the goody two shoes. :wink:

I've also not renewed after 14 years for me and 7 years for the wee man. Was in the shop last week never got asked or nothing about season tickets. The advertising is horrific. If it was me I'd employ 10 staff minimum wage. Phone the thousands yes thousands we have on the database and ask their thoughts.

lord bunberry
14-07-2014, 06:25 PM
I remember last season volunteers phoned up lapsed season ticket holders and asked why they hadn't renewed, maybe there's plans to do the same this year.

AL-Qaholik
14-07-2014, 06:33 PM
I remember last season volunteers phoned up lapsed season ticket holders and asked why they hadn't renewed, maybe there's plans to do the same this year.

No way they'll do that this year. Too many folk's answer would be "Rod Petrie"...

Ozyhibby
14-07-2014, 06:40 PM

They should look to try and do this again. Hopefully someone at the club is planning something right now.

Brooster
14-07-2014, 06:44 PM
The sales department is a joke, I and a friend have adverting boards at ER, I think between us we spend £6000, I never heard from Hibs about renewing until I sent a cheeky email on Friday congratulating them on selling out all their advertising boards and how disappointed I was not to be given the chance renew.

Got an email back today asking for a meeting. Not sure if I am going to advertise his year but want to hear why they have not bothered to get in touch with advertisers, more importantly can they afford to lose this revenue

I hope you still decide to do business. They might throw in a sweetener you never know. You dont have Musselburgh Windsor conections do you?

Westie1875
14-07-2014, 06:46 PM
Had my ticket for years, not renewed yet. Not as much as a phone call

Me too

edinburghhibee
14-07-2014, 06:46 PM
The sales department is a joke, I and a friend have adverting boards at ER, I think between us we spend £6000, I never heard from Hibs about renewing until I sent a cheeky email on Friday congratulating them on selling out all their advertising boards and how disappointed I was not to be given the chance renew. Got an email back today asking for a meeting. Not sure if I am going to advertise his year but want to hear why they have not bothered to get in touch with advertisers, more importantly can they afford to lose this revenue

If you go to the meeting can you maybe post up the excuse they give you for not attempting to bring in much needed revenue? Would be interesting to know why business revenue isn't being chased up.

lord bunberry
14-07-2014, 06:47 PM
They should look to try and do this again. Hopefully someone at the club is planning something right now.

I don't know if it was successful in getting anyone to renew or not, I suppose that's how they'll judge whether it's worth doing again or not

CentreLine
14-07-2014, 06:48 PM
I have not had a season ticket for several years but I did receive an email entitled "The Bulletin" 10/07/2014 announcing the interest free season ticket process. Seemed perfectly reasonable to me but maybe some people need a personal approach from the club rather than a more general email :dunno:

Weststandwanab
14-07-2014, 06:55 PM

I am really sorry to read that, that is shocking.

Does anyone have an email address in which I can get in contact with Leeann? I just want to share a few ideas in which could help boost season ticket sales, worth a go

Post it on here so that we can all read it along with LD

WestStandMoaner
14-07-2014, 07:00 PM
I hope you still decide to do business. They might throw in a sweetener you never know. You dont have Musselburgh Windsor conections do you?

Sorry, no connection

silverhibee
14-07-2014, 07:01 PM
I am really sorry to read that, that is shocking.

Post it on here so that we can all read it along with LD

LD is a member of Hibs.net, just PM her.

Hibeesmad
14-07-2014, 07:05 PM

What is her username?

Ozyhibby

Wonder if she is a happy clapper or a doom and gloomer?

WestStandMoaner
If you go to the meeting can you maybe post up the excuse they give you for not attempting to bring in much needed revenue? Would be interesting to know why business revenue isn't being chased up.

They had a deal with a company called Elonex who sold their advertising last season, they have since ceased the contract on 31st May and I believe Hibs are looking after their own. However, I would have thought this would have been priority and bear in mind I had to contact them. Will let you know the outcome of the meeting

lucky
14-07-2014, 07:06 PM
Why are Hibs fans wanting call from the club asking them to renew their STs? Clearly tickets are available and the club have advertised the fact. I can understand sponsors getting a call but fans I'm not so sure. Are people saying that if they get a call they will renew?

Billy Whizz
14-07-2014, 07:10 PM
They had a deal with a company called Elonex who sold their advertising last season, they have since ceased the contract on 31st May and I believe Hibs are looking after their own. However, I would have thought this would have been priority and bear in mind I had to contact them. Will let you know the outcome of the meeting

Who did you pay Elonex or Hibs?

Ozyhibby
14-07-2014, 07:11 PM
Why are Hibs fans wanting call from the club asking them to renew their STs? Clearly tickets are available and the club have advertised the fact. I can understand sponsors getting a call but fans I'm not so sure. Are people saying that if they get a call they will renew?

Direct sales techniques work, that's why successful companies use them. People may being saying they are not renewing at all. It may only take one little phone call to change that persons mind.

WestStandMoaner
14-07-2014, 07:12 PM
Who did you pay Elonex or Hibs?

Elonex

Billy Whizz
14-07-2014, 07:15 PM
Elonex

Thanks, might be the problem. I presume they haven't passed on your details to Hibs, although you would think it would be obvious considering you've sponsored for a fair bit

emerald green
14-07-2014, 07:21 PM
I would imagine if LD reads the stuff on this thread it's something she will want to look into, and put improvements in place.

It's a big task she has on her hands turning this club around, but given time and support from everyone connected to HFC it can be done.

Ozyhibby
14-07-2014, 07:28 PM
I would imagine if LD reads the stuff on this thread it's something she will want to look into, and put improvements in place.

It's a big task she has on her hands turning this club around, but given time and support from everyone connected to HFC it can be done.

I had always thought that we were a well run club and that it was just the football side of things that was failing. It's a bit rubbish to now find out that other parts of the club are failing too. Let's hope that Leeann Dempster is up for the task.

Billy Whizz
14-07-2014, 07:30 PM
I had always thought that we were a well run club and that it was just the football side of things that was failing. It's a bit rubbish to now find out that other parts of the club are failing too. Let's hope that Leeann Dempster is up for the task.

We have a very small resource at Hibs in commercial, and if we're taking selling advertising etc in house, they will be very stretched. I'm sure LD will be focusing on this area, once the coaching and playing staff area has been completed

Brooster
14-07-2014, 07:30 PM
I hope she realises the folk on here are not a cross section of the Hibs core support. She will no doubt understand that once she starts reading through the threads.

emerald green
14-07-2014, 07:52 PM

Compared to the circus called HMFC, we are a brilliantly run club mate.

Clearly there's lots of room for improvement at Hibs, but I believe our CEO is very capable and, given time and support from everyone at the club, improvements will be put in place.

It can't happen overnight. Her task of turning this club around isn't an easy one (given our disastrous relegation), and she doesn't have a magic wand. I've never been a CEO, but I know she will have her priorities.

The biggest help she can get from the supporters is by buying season tickets, if they possibly can.

Ronniekirk
14-07-2014, 07:52 PM
Makes it more personal and the feeling of not being taken for granted but feeling wanted . To be honest have no idea but the fact are a few on here saying they haven't yet renewed coupled with slower season ticket sales should be enough to warrant some action by the club as Leeann indicated this was an area she would be targeting given sales seem to have been sluggish .Decent signings is still a factor so with bit more activity on that front later in week and into next some May have already taken the plunge by then Leeann will be monitoring uptake I would assume and if she feels there is a further need for a push on sales she will address this .she has probably been tied up with getting some of these deals over the line .
The advertising issue highlighted by Weststandmoaner is a concern as we will get decent television exposure in the Championship with playing Sevco and Hear7s and our fair share of other games especially of its a tight contest for top spots so you would think Advertising Revenue would be up there as top priority as well

silverhibee
14-07-2014, 07:54 PM
Wonder if she is a happy clapper or a doom and gloomer?

A happy gloomer.

silverhibee
14-07-2014, 07:56 PM
What is her username?

HibernianOfficial, or something like that.

andyf5
14-07-2014, 08:00 PM
After seeing the last two performances I phoned the season ticket renewal number earlier today advertised as 24/7. After going through all the options there was a message to say "all our operators are busy please try later". No option to leave a message. Can't find any email address on the web site or way of contacting the club to spend my money. ( I can't use the web site option) Why is it still so hard?

Crossgates Hibs
14-07-2014, 08:10 PM

i work shifts and miss around half our home games. I'm not buying a season ticket for that reason but I would be willing to buy a ten game ticket that I can redeem prior to games preferrebly for an area of my choice rather than a fixed seat. Why the club who want money upfront can't implement something like this is beyond me. I'm sure there is hundreds like me who would do this. :flag:

Ringothedog
14-07-2014, 08:19 PM
i work shifts and miss around half our home games. I'm not buying a season ticket for that reason but I would be willing to buy a ten game ticket that I can redeem prior to games preferrebly for an area of my choice rather than a fixed seat. Why the club who want money upfront can't implement something like this is beyond me. I'm sure there is hundreds like me who would do this. :flag:

The main reason would be that most fans would take this option and only turn up for the bigger games. Those would be the games that people would buy tickets or PATG for anyway. this would result in a reduction in income for the club. If we were selling in the region of 10 - 12 k season tickets it might be an option but only for cat b games

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Anyone on here who said they were not gonna renew but have changed their mind? I'll be the first to say... Me!

bobbyhibs1983
14-07-2014, 09:29 PM

I do wonder what kinda meeting hibs would want with you, i guess in respect if there advertising boards are sold out then they cant surely sell you one if there are sold out?

as regards the O.P i used to have a season tciket a good 5-6 years ago and well i used to go with my brother and ssisters(used to be season ticket holders too) but they all got bored of it.
I did say to my brother around a month ago, that i was considering renewing ,though he said i was mad to consider paying £400 for a season ticket!

I have not been contacted by the club,in regards a phone call, though I think i got an email, something about a bullentin, thouh i deleted it without reading it, so no idea what it was about

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-07-2014, 11:08 PM
Has LD actually posted on here yet? I remember her saying that she would be signing up but not seen anything since

Crossgates Hibs
14-07-2014, 11:10 PM
The main reason would be that most fans would take this option and only turn up for the bigger games. Those would be the games that people would buy tickets or PATG for anyway. this would result in a reduction in income for the club. If we were selling in the region of 10 - 12 k season tickets it might be an option but only for cat b games

Cant see it being an issue as its no problem getting a ticket for any games these days since new stand was built. I just think the club could get more money in by being flexible and making season or part seasons work for others. It makes no odds if its cat A or cat B to me just whether I'm working or not. To me the current season ticket system isn't workable for a lot of fans and could benefit from being more flexible.

monktonharp
14-07-2014, 11:44 PM
I got an email mast week about season tickets and it's been on the front page of the web site numerous times, the renewal stuff was also sent out months ago, #TBGWA <-remember that?

i just want to add I know the club aren't the best but they haven't exactly hid the information, those interested should be able to find information easily, and there has been loads of information from the club and in the press about ST's, and that's away from the usual emails and leaflet through the door. you are correct......they certainly are not the best, in fact I believe they are the worst. I've not renewed, and not had any mail from them. I don't expect any, and I will decide on my own, regardless of any mail. still need a fair bit of convincing though, regarding new staff.

jodjam
15-07-2014, 07:04 AM

The irony is weststandmoaner advertises for his business that no one will want to use ;)

Steve-O
15-07-2014, 07:09 AM

It wouldn't surprise me if there is nobody at the club who even really keeps a track of this kind of thing. It can't be that hard to do, but if nobody is doing it...

Dempster needs to fix up simple things like this, and it shouldn't be difficult tbh.

Ozyhibby
15-07-2014, 10:13 AM
I take it all back. Just heard from my mate who said he received an email this morning from the club recognising he had not renewed and encouraging him to do so.
I'm sure he will.

Chuck Rhoades
15-07-2014, 10:14 AM
I take it all back. Just heard from my mate who said he received an email this morning from the club recognising he had not renewed and encouraging him to do so.
I'm sure he will.

LD does read .net ;)

Gatecrasher
15-07-2014, 10:41 AM
I'm sure he will.
Glad to read folk are renewing :thumbsup:

Brightside
15-07-2014, 10:53 AM
I havent received any emails, or phonecalls, or old fashioned mail. But then again I renewed before the end of the season as I'm a proper fan. :greengrin

225-EasterRd
15-07-2014, 11:01 AM
I havent received any emails, or phonecalls, or old fashioned mail. But then again I renewed before the end of the season as I'm a proper fan. :greengrin

HAHAHA:top marksMe too Thru the bad and the bad times,,,,,,got to get some good times soon.:flag::aok::agree::greengrin

southern hibby
15-07-2014, 11:33 AM
Anyone on here who said they were not gonna renew but have changed their mind? I'll be the first to say... Me!

Still a NO from me. For years I've travelled from Portsmouth and Plymouth up to watch Hibs. Travelled back from the Falklands just to watch Hibs /Dunfermline midweek game to travel back again. Flew home from Dubai and Saudi for Hibs games and at present I cannot be motivated to spend my cash on a season ticket.

I said it I'n another thread £405 for championship football is far too steep. If we do get promoted or not what will we be charged next season. If promotion, will it be more because we're I'n the SPFL or if we don't get promotion will it be another £405?

I love Hibs with every fibre of my being, however every year we under achieve by a vast mile. Once I see our signings and if I feel we will at least look like we want to play football, look like we can run for more than 5 minutes without blowing out our @rse, then I will more than happily buy one.

The bit I feel most sad about as much as I'm determined not to get one until I see the above, I know when it comes to Hibs I have the breaking strain of a soggy Kit Kat, which means I already know I'll get one even though I want to see some effort from players first.

GGTTH

gegs70
15-07-2014, 11:59 AM
Still a NO from me. For years I've travelled from Portsmouth and Plymouth up to watch Hibs. Travelled back from the Falklands just to watch Hibs /Dunfermline midweek game to travel back again. Flew home from Dubai and Saudi for Hibs games and at present I cannot be motivated to spend my cash on a season tick
I said it I'n another thread £405 for championship football is far too steep. If we do get promoted or not what will we be charged next season. If promotion, will it be more because we're I'n the SPFL or if we don't get promotion will it be another £405?

I love Hibs with every fibre of my being, however every year we under achieve by a vast mile. Once I see our signings and if I feel we will at least look like we want to play football, look like we can run for more than 5 minutes without blowing out our @rse, then I will more than happily buy one.

The bit I feel most sad about as much as I'm determined not to get one until I see the above, I know when it comes to Hibs I have the breaking strain of a soggy Kit Kat, which means I already know I'll get one even though I want to see some effort from players first.

GGTTH

I guess now hibs need to deliver before some fans sign up and that is understandable given as they have lived on so much goodwill for so long!!!

Me I signed up for another season of the hibs soap opera...afterall what else would I be doing?