PDA

View Full Version : Hibs team v The Rangers

Hibeesmad
13-07-2014, 11:56 PM
Few weeks to go but after recent transfer activity/rumours this is how I see the team possibly lining up but it will probably be a lot more different

Archer

Gray
Nelson/Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson/Booth

Harris/Todd
Robertson
Craig
Stanton

El Alagui
Heffernan/Cummings

Could possibly add Coulson to that somewhere but I am hoping for a few more signings before the season starts, especially a new winger with experience

hihohibby
14-07-2014, 01:31 AM
Few weeks to go but after recent transfer activity/rumours this is how I see the team possibly lining up but it will probably be a lot more different

Archer

Gray
Nelson/Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson/Booth

Harris/Todd
Robertson
Craig
Stanton

El Alagui
Heffernan/Cummings

Could possibly add Coulson to that somewhere but I am hoping for a few more signings before the season starts, especially a new winger with experience

The guys highlighted in bold were given every chance to shine last season, but collectively took our club down. The thought of the same proven failures raising their game and delivering consistent, high level, promotion-winning performances is a big, BIG ask and fills me with little confidence -even under a new regime and different tactics. Yes, Hanlon was missed the 2nd half of the season, due to injury, but he is an average player made to look better by the dross that has surrounded him. Alan Stubbs will have to work a miracle if he expects these guys to realistically challenge for promotion. I really hope that new faces are on their way...SOON!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-07-2014, 01:35 AM
Archer? Theres no real evidence we are even after the guy tbh.

BVB Hibs
14-07-2014, 01:51 AM
The guys highlighted in bold were given every chance to shine last season, but collectively took our club down. The thought of the same proven failures raising their game and delivering consistent, high level, promotion-winning performances is a big, BIG ask and fills me with little confidence -even under a new regime and different tactics. Yes, Hanlon was missed the 2nd half of the season, due to injury, but he is an average player made to look better by the dross that has surrounded him. Alan Stubbs will have to work a miracle if he expects these guys to realistically challenge for promotion. I really hope that new faces are on their way...SOON!

Calm down. Hanlon was missing for essentially the entire stint where Hibs struggled so massively last season. Played a couple of games but clearly wasn't fit. Harris came in after a long injury lay off, is a young lad who was shot of confidence. We go mental at dropping youngsters, yet don't want to give him a second chance despite some good performances in a Hibs shirt, especially the season before last. Stevenson is a solid pro, more than good enough for the championship (let's not forget the level we're playing at).

I'll let you have Nelson, he had one too many Shocking performances last season, and it will take an awful lot from him this year if he's to find his way back onto most Hibs fans good side. Craig too has some making up to do, though I think if Stubbs can get the best out of him he's currently the best player we have in our squad, so I'm personally willing to give him another season. There were players who contributed to Hibs going down last year, but it wasn't most of the ones highlighted.

Fans wanted a massive clear out. We've had a massive clear out. One or two players remain because they were under contract and we couldn't shift them. Others AS has wanted to keep and seems willing to give them another chance. If he thinks he can mould them into a side that are capable of challenging for and winning the Scottish championship then I'll trust him to do that, and hold any judgement on players until a suitable time during the season. We've the bones of a decent squad there, we need one or two of our players to really step up this season and to bring in another one or two good good players. Let's not forget the success you can have at this level by having one good player surrounded by a number of bang average ones (12/13 being a prime example). So yes, still plenty of work to be done, but let's not give up on the players and the management before we've had any time to see them play together properly.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-07-2014, 05:02 AM

Time to change the record don't you think? Grumpy right enough ;)

Steven_Hibs
14-07-2014, 06:37 AM

Can't say this on here, it's too negative. These players have had more than enough chances and quite frankly should be nowhere near the first team! Opinions though eh? Although some I have spoke to seem to have a very short memory

Scouse Hibee
14-07-2014, 06:50 AM
Can't say this on here, it's too negative. These players have had more than enough chances and quite frankly should be nowhere near the first team! Opinions though eh? Although some I have spoke to seem to have a very short memory

I don't think anyone has a short memory regrding these players at all, although I can't remember the last time you were happy on here.

Lucius Apuleius
14-07-2014, 07:18 AM
Whilst I was happy for every single person and dog responsible for our relegation to be keelhauled before being kicked out the door if still alive, a new management structure is in place on and off the park. It is therefore time for the old line in the sand to be drawn and move forward without continually looking back. Whilst your history determines your present and your present determines your future it is unhealthy for the mind to live in the past. If Stubbs is happy with using some of these players and building a team to play football the way he wants then old Golden Ass is with him.

Brightside
14-07-2014, 08:10 AM

I smell sh*TE

SlickShoes
14-07-2014, 08:33 AM
Cummings is injured, Heff is perpetually injured.

Nelson should be nowhere near any professional football team.

We have all had time to cool off after last season but our team is beyond weak, we need more new faces in, if we start the season with no new goalie and 8 of the team that got us relegated in the starting 11 then they are going to have to pull off some miraculous performances to get me going back to watch them.

ballengeich
14-07-2014, 10:04 AM
The players who've stayed on were part of a team that was fighting St Johnstone for 6th place up until Butcher's management deficiencies took effect some time in January. That shows they're all quite capable of playing premier standard football and should do well in the championship given a manager who can use them better.

That even goes for Nelson, for all his limitations. He was part of a defence that conceded fewer goals than six other top division clubs last season, despite playing the season beside a series of make-shift right backs.

They all deserve a chance to show what the new manager can get out of them.

Kato
14-07-2014, 10:09 AM
The players who've stayed on were part of a team that was fighting St Johnstone for 6th place up until Butcher's management deficiencies took effect some time in January. That shows they're all quite capable of playing premier standard football and should do well in the championship given a manager who can use them better.

That even goes for Nelson, for all his limitations. He was part of a defence that conceded fewer goals than six other top division clubs last season, despite playing the season beside a series of make-shift right backs.

A few weeks ago such sentiments would have been hard to swallow but I'm on board with Stubbs.

#mentalhibees

DH1875
14-07-2014, 10:15 AM
Anyone know when the tickets for this go on sale.

hfc-1875
14-07-2014, 10:19 AM
New keeper

Gray
Forster
Hanlon
Booth/stevenson

New winger
Stanton
Robertson
New winger

Craig
El alagui

Could do with a solid cb in there.

Lester B
14-07-2014, 10:20 AM

:top marks Absolutely spot on!

lord bunberry
14-07-2014, 10:35 AM
I feel we need to sign another left back, Booth or Stevenson don't exactly fill me with confidence.

Nevi_SOL
14-07-2014, 10:42 AM
I feel we need to sign another left back, Booth or Stevenson don't exactly fill me with confidence.

Booth is the least of my worries tbh

GGTTH

Brightside
14-07-2014, 11:07 AM
New keeper

Gray
Forster
Hanlon
Booth/stevenson

New winger
Stanton
Robertson
New winger

Craig
El alagui

Not going to bother playing any of these youngsters then no? The players that have been very impressive in recent games?

GlenrothesHibee
14-07-2014, 11:23 AM

Spot on

Steven_Hibs
14-07-2014, 11:58 AM
I don't think anyone has a short memory regrding these players at all, although I can't remember the last time you were happy on here.

I really don't recall the last time being a Hibs fan was a joy. Hope this season is different mind. But being constantly let down year after year do you blame me, or the many fans that feel the same?

Phil D. Rolls
14-07-2014, 12:32 PM
A bit early to speculate on the line up, when there's a few weeks of recruiting still to happen (I hope).

Keith_M
14-07-2014, 12:37 PM
A bit early to speculate on the line up, when there's a few weeks of recruiting still to happen (I hope).

:agree:

There's still three weeks until this game. I'd imagine we'll see some new faces before then.

Turkish Green
14-07-2014, 02:03 PM

Archer

Gray
Nelson/Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson/Booth

Harris/Todd
Robertson
Craig
Stanton

El Alagui
Heffernan/Cummings

I can understand if this thread was a prediction poll. Otherwise who knows what the make-up of the squad (Max Factor) will be.

Arch Stanton
14-07-2014, 03:24 PM

TB would certainly endorse your opinion that it was the players', and not his, fault.

Some people who post on here seem to be clueless.

JDHibs
14-07-2014, 03:27 PM
People moaning about last seasons players should think of Crystal palace under pulis

They were god awful uder Holloway, yet 2/3 signings and a new manger and they were brilliant, top 10 team after pulis took over.

edwards
14-07-2014, 03:33 PM
New keeper

Gray
Forster
Hanlon
Booth/stevenson

New winger
Stanton
Robertson
New winger

Craig
El alagui

Yep :top marks , since Rob Jones went we have been rank in the centre, agree with most of your thread but feel we need a leader in the centre of midfield also. Definately need another forward heard a whisper we are speaking to Clarkson who just got a knocked back from well decent player.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-07-2014, 03:47 PM
New

Gray
New
Hanlon
Booth

Harris
Robertson
Craig
Stanton

El Alagui
Heffernan

hfc-1875
14-07-2014, 04:28 PM
Not going to bother playing any of these youngsters then no? The players that have been very impressive in recent games?

Since it's my opinion on who should play and not yours, no. Although I've not been to the first 2 friendlies but my opinion may change after tomorrow.

West hamBERNIAN
14-07-2014, 05:19 PM
[QUOTE=hfc-1875;4096336]New keeper

Gray
Forster
Hanlon
Booth/stevenson

New winger
Stanton
Robertson
New winger

Craig
El alagui

new keeper

new CB
forster
hanlon

wing backs
gray
booth/stevenson

robbo
new CM
Stanton

heff
el alagui

i like a 352.:flag:

West hamBERNIAN
15-07-2014, 07:02 PM
think im going to like stubbs
:aok:

WestEndHibee
15-07-2014, 09:19 PM
Anyone know when the tickets for this go on sale.

Stop trying to change the subject. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
15-07-2014, 10:38 PM
Since it's my opinion on who should play and not yours, no. Although I've not been to the first 2 friendlies but my opinion may change after tomorrow.

Any change to your opinion? Genuinely interested :agree: