PDA

View Full Version : James McFadden

Hibeesmad
13-07-2014, 11:29 PM
Gone quiet and I don't know if there is anyone who knows anything to it but..

Is there a realistic chance of this happening or should we just drop it now?

nribs
13-07-2014, 11:33 PM
Don't claim to be ITK but I'd think if it was going to happen it would have happened by now.......... Cue James McFadden signing :)

Hibeesmad
13-07-2014, 11:36 PM
I thought he would have joined a club by now, he no doubt has a lot of options, would love it if it was us he joined

Ozyhibby
13-07-2014, 11:38 PM
Not going to happen and I'm glad.

TheFamous1875
13-07-2014, 11:56 PM

Deffo not? Or just your guess?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hibb1
14-07-2014, 12:01 AM

YIP Skilled player but soft as ***** be lucky to play half our games if he did sign cpla tackles and hes out,has he ever been fit for a whole season?if we were looking to sign him id want a pay for play deaL

The_Exile
14-07-2014, 12:48 AM
Pay as you play deals are very rare and may aswell not exist, as I understand it there are a lot of legal ramifications on these deals which make them practically unenforceable. For what it's worth I thought McFadden had issues with both his knees? Would more than likely be a player/coach type deal.

hihohibby
14-07-2014, 01:11 AM
Gone quiet and I don't know if there is anyone who knows anything to it but..

Is there a realistic chance of this happening or should we just drop it now?

This would be a sensible suggestion. I just don't see him at E.R.

Auckland Hibs
14-07-2014, 02:26 AM
Someone on another thread said that he had received an offer from a club in the U.S - not sure if this is correct.

FWIW - I think he would have been a cracking signing (both player and in a coaching role).

Lucius Apuleius
14-07-2014, 07:23 AM
I actually recall asking this some time ago but have we or any other team, apart from us with GB and that really was special circumstances, ever given a pay as you play contract?

Framie
14-07-2014, 09:48 AM
I actually recall asking this some time ago but have we or any other team, apart from us with GB and that really was special circumstances, ever given a pay as you play contract?

Chic Charnley was I think due to his sending off record who is GB by the way

nribs
14-07-2014, 09:51 AM

I'm guessing George Best?

Phil D. Rolls

George Best.

cabbageandribs1875

George Best

Framie
14-07-2014, 10:11 AM
just realised :-)

edwards
14-07-2014, 03:40 PM
Heard another wee wiper we are close to getting him. Stubbs has tried to play this down but is really quite interested getting him to ER

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-07-2014, 03:44 PM
Heard another wee wiper we are close to getting him. Stubbs has tried to play this down but is really quite interested getting him to ER

:agree:

Franck Stanton
14-07-2014, 03:47 PM

And is this "wee whisper" from someone you trust ? or the next door neighbours cat ?

Lucius Apuleius
14-07-2014, 04:01 PM

Interesting. Would be nice to have that confirmed right enough but I think my point still stands, it is not the norm.

Col2
14-07-2014, 04:04 PM
Fingers crossed big time. Would give us something to get excited about.

edwards
14-07-2014, 04:08 PM
And is this "wee whisper" from someone you trust ? or the next door neighbours cat ?

Naw Scooby :na na: like most folk I will keep this one to myself TA, Stubbs and Mcfadden still in conversation but that was late yesterday no news eh :wink:

Aldo
14-07-2014, 04:10 PM
Fingers crossed big time. Would give us something to get excited about.

It would indeed but there are ONE or two on here that would be very unhappy if he signed Col. Not for footballing reasons tho.

;-)

stoneyburn hibs
14-07-2014, 04:16 PM
It would indeed but there are ONE or two on here that would be very unhappy if he signed Col. Not for footballing reasons tho.

;-)

Be good if we could get him, even for one season, what do you mean by one or two being unhappy if he signed ?

edwards
14-07-2014, 04:20 PM

;-)

How can a guy that scored for fun at most clubs he has been at and for our national team not be happy about coming to Hibs :rolleyes:
James Mcfadden come on down. :aok:

Ozyhibby
14-07-2014, 04:27 PM
How can a guy that scored for fun at most clubs he has been at and for our national team not be happy about coming to Hibs :rolleyes:
James Mcfadden come on down. :aok:

Still talking about McFadden?
58 goals in 12 years at club level? Scored for fun?
International record is better though (15).

Aldo
14-07-2014, 04:28 PM
Be good if we could get him, even for one season, what do you mean by one or two being unhappy if he signed ?

See below

How can a guy that scored for fun at most clubs he has been at and for our national team not be happy about coming to Hibs :rolleyes: James Mcfadden come on down. :aok:

Sorry he will be happy that a player of his quality signed for us I'm sure of it but made a statement bout no chance of signing him and if he did he would....,

That's all I'm saying.

Sorry should of been more specific like.

I want him to sign cos he is quality.

stoneyburn hibs
14-07-2014, 04:31 PM
See below

Sorry he will be happy that a player of his quality signed for us I'm sure of it but made a statement bout no chance of signing him and if he did he would....,

That's all I'm saying.

Sorry should of been more specific like.

I want him to sign cos he is quality.

Cheers, got it now after reading through the thread.

sleeping giant
14-07-2014, 04:33 PM
I'm guessing George Best?

:hilarious

I was thinking Grant Brebner :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
14-07-2014, 04:35 PM

Surely you must see that it's not just about his goal tally ?
He would create plenty for our strikers.

nribs
14-07-2014, 04:38 PM

Scored more than 58 and was he ever an out and strikerhttp://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=16973

Aldo
14-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Cheers, got it now after reading through the thread.

Sorry again.

Fwiw if McFadden comes and only scores say 5 goals but sets up loads then I'll be more than happy

IanM
14-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Scored more than 58 and was he ever an out and strikerhttp://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=16973

74? If you include cup games. 58 league goals which if it was any other striker we'd probably scoff at but James just isn't any other striker. Would relish in this division

silverhibee
14-07-2014, 05:57 PM
They must have really sore throats with all the talking the two of them are doing, i will be happy to see JM at Hibs but Stubbs can't waste all his time on him, he either wants to come to Hibs or not or is it the case that JM is looking for better and see's Hibs as the club he can fall back on if he doesn't get better.

Framie
14-07-2014, 07:17 PM
Interesting. Would be nice to have that confirmed right enough but I think my point still stands, it is not the norm.

Your right its not this first line made me smile changed days:

Hibs fans normally give new signings time to prove themselves, but occasionally, a player is unveiled at Easter Road, who leaves the fans distinctly underwhelmed, and questioning the judgement of the manager.

James 'Chic' Charnley was one such signing. A journeyman albeit talented player with a suspect temperament, and only one booking away from a long suspension was not what the doctor ordered to save Hibs from a relegation battle, but manager Jim Duffy decided the gamble was worth it, and signed him on a pay per play deal.
Chic however made an immediate impact and quickly won the Hibs' fans over, producing arguably the best form of his career, and providing some lasting memories to savour, which almost ended with an overdue international call up.
Sadly, a change of management signalled an end to Chic's Hibs' career, but he left Easter Road with the best wishes of the fans
http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/player-profiles/item/149-chic-charnley

Iggy Pope
14-07-2014, 07:21 PM
Your right its not this first line made me smile changed days:

Hibs fans normally give new signings time to prove themselves, but occasionally, a player is unveiled at Easter Road, who leaves the fans distinctly underwhelmed, and questioning the judgement of the manager.

James 'Chic' Charnley was one such signing. A journeyman albeit talented player with a suspect temperament, and only one booking away from a long suspension was not what the doctor ordered to save Hibs from a relegation battle, but manager Jim Duffy decided the gamble was worth it, and signed him on a pay per play deal.
Chic however made an immediate impact and quickly won the Hibs' fans over, producing arguably the best form of his career, and providing some lasting memories to savour, which almost ended with an overdue international call up.
Sadly, a change of management signalled an end to Chic's Hibs' career, but he left Easter Road with the best wishes of the fans
http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/player-profiles/item/149-chic-charnley

Chic was widely well regarded until about October that season when he promptly started blowing out of his erse.

Nevi_SOL
14-07-2014, 07:25 PM

I wouldn't class faddy as an out and out striker

Billy Whizz
14-07-2014, 07:28 PM
He hates Levein after the Scotland incident. I'm sure he'd love to score against Potters team, and don't kid on thinking Neilsons running the show at Tynie

Aldo
14-07-2014, 07:38 PM
He hates Levein after the Scotland incident. I'm sure he'd love to score against Potters team, and don't kid on thinking Neilsons running the show at Tynie

Get it sorted then Mr Stubbs!!

silverhibee
14-07-2014, 07:51 PM
Get it sorted then Mr Stubbs!!

Talks are on going bud.. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
14-07-2014, 07:58 PM

Seriously youre more more negative than me!! Take a break from posting unless you're going to be positive.

mentalhibee
14-07-2014, 08:01 PM

Fingers crossed he signs, guys a class act. Would be great for the likes of Stanton and Harris to play alongside and learn from.

Aldo
14-07-2014, 08:02 PM

Sounds promising Silver. Hopefully a deal can get sorted sharpish!!

Nevi_SOL
14-07-2014, 08:30 PM
hopefully not a wind-up, very exciting player who will score goals but create more

#hibeerevolution

weonlywon6-2
14-07-2014, 10:03 PM
Fingers crossed he signs, guys a class act. Would be great for the likes of Stanton and Harris to play alongside and learn from.

Not overly excited if he does sign but as you say could be great for the younger lads

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-07-2014, 10:42 PM
Thinking about Chic Charnley's time with us. I remember when he was one booking away from that long suspension. I'm sure he went about 10 games in a row for us without a yellow-some kind of record for him-then was eventually booked, along with a Hibs defender because the two of them started having a square go on the pitch! Was ridiculous. I remember everyone booing our defender and taking Chic's side. Sure he was suspended for 4 or 5 games after that. Anyone remember who the defender was?

Shrekko
14-07-2014, 10:46 PM
Thinking about Chic Charnley's time with us. I remember when he was one booking away from that long suspension. I'm sure he went about 10 games in a row for us without a yellow-some kind of record for him-then was eventually booked, along with a Hibs defender because the two of them started having a square go on the pitch! Was ridiculous. I remember everyone booing our defender and taking Chic's side. Sure he was suspended for 4 or 5 games after that. Anyone remember who the defender was?

Joe McLaughlan

Unseen work
14-07-2014, 10:46 PM
In 2 minds about this one, I think he can be brilliant at times but another side of me wants to see fresh faces with it all to prove and a real determination about them to succeed. Young fast flair players. No disrespect to James as he's a brilliant professional and has bags of ability, but he's getting on a bit now and injuries are common!

If he does sign though I could see him being useful

CRAZYHIBBY
14-07-2014, 10:51 PM
Chic was widely well regarded until about October that season when he promptly started blowing out of his erse.

Loved chico....absolutely brillant at hibs ...I loved the free kick v dunfermline

weecounty hibby
15-07-2014, 05:50 AM
Sorry to piss on charnleys parade but he was so overrated in my opinion. He played ok at the start of that season, no more than ok. He had some great touches but then again so do many many players. He was unfit and faded out of most games. He was everything that was wrong with Hibs at that time, 1st division players brought in to try and play premier league football.

TRC
15-07-2014, 08:11 AM
Joe McLaughlan

V Celtic I think

itslegaltender
15-07-2014, 08:25 AM
McFadden would rip defences apart in the Championship, would love him at Easter Road.

leither17
15-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Sorry to piss on charnleys parade but he was so overrated in my opinion. He played ok at the start of that season, no more than ok. He had some great touches but then again so do many many players. He was unfit and faded out of most games. He was everything that was wrong with Hibs at that time, 1st division players brought in to try and play premier league football.

Some goal from the halfway line though

Eyrie
15-07-2014, 06:55 PM
Some goal from the halfway line though

I also liked his one at home to Septic, when he got an assist from Larsson.