PDA

View Full Version : Crown badge

.Sean.
13-07-2014, 04:58 AM
Does anyone have an image of what they'd class as the 'proper' crown badge?? I think it's minted and I'm looking at adding it to my sleeve but there's absolutely nothing on Google.

Also what was the story behind it? Why was it changed??

ChilliEater
13-07-2014, 05:21 AM
Does anyone have an image of what they'd class as the 'proper' crown badge?? I think it's minted and I'm looking at adding it to my sleeve but there's absolutely nothing on Google.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Hibernian/hibernian.htm down the bottom of the page.

IIRC, had something to do with The Lord Lyon's office (whatever that is) and needing permission to use the crown?

Hibernia Na Eir
13-07-2014, 10:07 AM
yuck.

Phil D. Rolls
13-07-2014, 10:11 AM
It was based on Real Madrid's badge. Unfortunately, you can't have a crown on any heraldic design in Scotland, without the permission of the Lord Lion. Don't know how Burger King got away with it though.

The_Todd
13-07-2014, 10:15 AM
It was based on Real Madrid's badge. Unfortunately, you can't have a crown on any heraldic design in Scotland, without the permission of the Lord Lion. Don't know how Burger King got away with it though.

Because the Burger King logo doesn't and never has had a crown ;-)

Shore Thing
13-07-2014, 10:27 AM
This was on my first ever Hibs top and I used to draw it all over the place due to it's simplicity.
This got me wondering, do kids draw the current Hibs badge? It's awfy complicated (beautiful, likes). Is there a simplified way of drawing it?
Maybe we have a more artistically-gifted support...

Easy to draw badge OUT, More complex badge which better reflects our heritage IN!

Eyrie
13-07-2014, 10:30 AM
This was on my first ever Hibs top and I used to draw it all over the place due to it's simplicity.
This got me wondering, do kids draw the current Hibs badge? It's awfy complicated (beautiful, likes). Is there a simplified way of drawing it?
Maybe we have a more artistically-gifted support...

Easy to draw badge OUT, More complex badge which better reflects our heritage IN!

Planet Saturn was even easier to draw, but who'd want that back?

jamieross
13-07-2014, 11:19 AM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/13/ysy3u6uv.jpg

This any use to yi mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarneyK
13-07-2014, 12:44 PM

The likeness is uncanny. And how about that for a lovely Betis away top as well :aok:1306413065

Baader
13-07-2014, 01:01 PM
Was just a meaningless ripoff of Real Madrid. The current crest is great as it reflects our true heritage.

Charnley 4
13-07-2014, 01:33 PM
Does anyone know the significance of a badge my old man used to have with "Hibernian Kings" written on it? Cheers.

erin go bragh
13-07-2014, 01:41 PM

Was it not the Duke of Bucclue that wanted a million bucks saying the crown was off his coat of arms ..
Was a smart badge but never should it have replaced the harp .

Ggtth

Phil D. Rolls
13-07-2014, 01:47 PM
Because the Burger King logo doesn't and never has had a crown ;-)

I can't ever remember this logo, to be fair.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=burger+king+crown&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=SY3CU7SICuXb7AbV-YDYCw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=667#q=burger+king+logos+over+years&tbm=isch

I think I was getting mixed up with the fact that the LLs office is round the corner from where BK used to be. Must have stuck in my head for some reason, and come out as mince.

Phil D. Rolls
13-07-2014, 01:54 PM
The likeness is uncanny. And how about that for a lovely Betis away top as well :aok:1306413065

Now, that's what I call quite good. I think I'll try and track that down actually. Ironically, they got relegated this year as well.

Dashing Bob S
13-07-2014, 02:23 PM
Was just a meaningless ripoff of Real Madrid. The current crest is great as it reflects our true heritage.

It was not only meaningless, was totally embarrassing and utterly ludicrous. Real Madrid means Royal Madrid. There is nothing 'royal' whatsoever about Hibernian.