PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs being fussy

Unseen work
12-07-2014, 10:46 PM
I love how he isn't settling for average, and knows exactly what he wants.

Buxton and Burke a lot of posters said were pretty good and were impressed but Stubbs said in a interview that " they never done anything wrong, but not enough to make him want to sign them"

How many times in the last would managers of just signed them to get some players in and the fans something to speak about.

I get the impression every player he brings in will he 100% who he wants and he won't settle for anyone

J-C
12-07-2014, 10:50 PM
The last few managers have had terrible records re signings, except for the odd one or two, the fact he's taking his time makes me feel he's had a very schooling under Moyes and recently Martinez, lets all hope it works out for the best.

Golden Bear
12-07-2014, 10:58 PM
I love how he isn't settling for average, and knows exactly what he wants.

Buxton and Burke a lot of posters said were pretty good and were impressed but Stubbs said in a interview that " they never done anything wrong, but not enough to make him want to sign them"

How many times in the last would managers of just signed them to get some players in and the fans something to speak about.

I get the impression every player he brings in will he 100% who he wants and he won't settle for anyone

The guy who played right back last week (for 45 mins) looked a good footballer but was obviously not at the peak if his physical fitness. Which for an out of contract 22 year old does not look good on your CV.

Forza Fred
12-07-2014, 10:59 PM
The last few managers have had terrible records re signings, except for the odd one or two, the fact he's taking his time makes me feel he's had a very schooling under Moyes and recently Martinez, lets all hope it works out for the best.

But didn't most of our previous managers 'take their time' too, when it came to signings and were subsequently berated because they were seen as waiting until the last minute and ending up with only 'leftovers' to choose from?

I'm sorry, but I STILL see bad times ahead because we seem for whatever reason, unable to attract 'quality' players who readily want to commit to play for us

Whisper it, but I heard from someone in the know that it is because we don't pay very much.....:wink:

Hope I'm proven wrong and we make 7 rapid signings of current Epl regulars, but.....

Waxy
13-07-2014, 07:05 AM
Getting the most out of the players we have will be like a whole team of new signings.

Forza Fred
13-07-2014, 07:14 AM
Getting the most out of the players we have will be like a whole team of new signings.

Of course it will be, and Silly me should have realised that.

Can't wait to see the 'new' Nelson, for instance.

weecounty hibby
13-07-2014, 07:16 AM

That i think is an excellent point. We had players last season, and they are still at the club, who under performed massively. If AS can get them playing to their potential then that will be massive for us. Add in a handful of QUALITY signings and we'll be alright in this league. We shouldn't get taken in by the media hype about the Hun and Diet Hun signings like Zaliukas for Rangers and Hearts signing Gomis aren't really much to get worked up about. I still live in hope that we will sign better than that

Hibby Kay-Yay
13-07-2014, 07:19 AM
But didn't most of our previous managers 'take their time' too, when it came to signings and were subsequently berated because they were seen as waiting until the last minute and ending up with only 'leftovers' to choose from?

I'm sorry, but I STILL see bad times ahead because we seem for whatever reason, unable to attract 'quality' players who readily want to commit to play for us

Whisper it, but I heard from someone in the know that it is because we don't pay very much.....:wink:

Hope I'm proven wrong and we make 7 rapid signings of current Epl regulars, but.....

Having only sold 5,500 season tickets are you really surprised that we don't pay that much?

horseflesh
13-07-2014, 07:30 AM
It's Stubbs lack of experience in signing players (or signing players at a club where RP has a hand in it)
Wait until there's only a few hours left in the transfer window then he will panic and become "less fussy"

MWHIBBIES
13-07-2014, 07:52 AM
It's Stubbs lack of experience in signing players (or signing players at a club where RP has a hand in it)
Wait until there's only a few hours left in the transfer window then he will panic and become "less fussy":rolleyes::blah::yawn:

Golden Bear
13-07-2014, 08:01 AM
Having only sold 5,500 season tickets are you really surprised that we don't pay that much?

Maybe the pathetic football that's been on display at ER for the last 4/5 years has had something to do with that.

It's a chicken & egg situation.

J-C
13-07-2014, 08:01 AM

Can't remember Poulsson, Thornhill, AOB, Kujabi, Cregg etc ever being last minute buys, the only panic last minute ones seem to be in January when we're in dire trouble and looking for a quick fix.

J-C
13-07-2014, 08:03 AM
Maybe the pathetic football that's been on display at ER for the last 4/5 years has had something to do with that.

It's a chicken & egg situation.

This is why we need to sign someone like McFadden or of that ilk, to show the supporters what type of player we're trying to attract.

Lucius Apuleius
13-07-2014, 08:09 AM
Can't remember Poulsson, Thornhill, AOB, Kujabi, Cregg etc ever being last minute buys, the only panic last minute ones seem to be in January when we're in dire trouble and looking for a quick fix.

Facts should not be used when hibs.net facts are there for all to see.

J-C
13-07-2014, 08:10 AM
Facts should not be used when hibs.net facts are there for all to see.

:greengrin Sorry your honour

Bleeds green
13-07-2014, 08:17 AM

What a load of crap! Hibs won't be paying rangers type wages but with a reduced squad will be matching if not beating hearts wages and also half the spl still

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eternal Hibbie
13-07-2014, 08:27 AM
Having not signed anyone are you really surprised that we have only sold 5,500 season tickets ?

CRAZYHIBBY
13-07-2014, 08:44 AM
I blame petrie for stubbs's fussyness

sahib
13-07-2014, 08:45 AM

That is probably about 10x more than most other clubs in this league.

weecounty hibby
13-07-2014, 08:52 AM
That is probably about 10x more than most other clubs in this league.

And more than any in the top league outside of celtic and the sheep

Jack
13-07-2014, 09:03 AM
From what was said at the WT meeting during the week offers have been made to players and it was obvious AS was keen to get replies from them. If those players are taking their time, considering their options, there's little anyone at Hibs can do to hurry them up.

Forza Fred
13-07-2014, 09:03 AM
What a load of crap! Hibs won't be paying rangers type wages but with a reduced squad will be matching if not beating hearts wages and also half the spl still

So,if we pay more than most, why do we seem to have trouble signing those elusive players of quality?

If it's not that they sign for other clubs who pay more, it's generally because...?

easty
13-07-2014, 09:07 AM
So,if we pay more than most, why do we seem to have trouble signing those elusive players of quality?

If it's not that they sign for other clubs who pay more, it's generally because...?

Specifically, what players are you on about?

H18Y GW
13-07-2014, 09:11 AM

I would harbour a guess we lose out on players because of the fickle and negative attitude that comes from many of our fans like yourself .

Its a known fact we pay more than most, and id guess only Der Hun will pay more in our league, and sheep and soapies above,wind your neck in and im glad your in Sydney as you would be another that most Hibs fans have at least one off sitting beside them on a match day.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-07-2014, 09:12 AM
Perhaps we need to not just sell the club to players, but also sell them the vision of what they can achieve. The best examples would be Jones and Murphy.

easty
13-07-2014, 09:16 AM
Perhaps we need to not just sell the club to players, but also sell them the vision of what they can achieve. The best examples would be Jones and Murphy.

And Bamba and Claros. "Come play for Hibs, you might end up playing at the World Cup."

Waxy
13-07-2014, 09:27 AM

It's a chicken & egg situation.My theory is the chicken had to come first. It would have evolve through time and probably gave birth live at first but went on to give birth earlier when they were able to form protective shells around their young.

Forza Fred
13-07-2014, 09:29 AM
I would harbour a guess we lose out on players because of the fickle and negative attitude that comes from many of our fans like yourself .

Its a known fact we pay more than most, and id guess only Der Hun will pay more in our league, and sheep and soapies above,wind your neck in and im glad your in Sydney as you would be another that most Hibs fans have at least one off sitting beside them on a match day.

I am pleased that you are happy with my place of residence, but I am unsure how one 'winds one's neck in'

I have absolutely no problem if you have a different point of view to me, this is a forum for differing points of view after all, but I'd suggest such comments put you close to not increasing your post numbers.

emerald green
13-07-2014, 09:35 AM

I agree totally that poor season ticket sales cannot be helping, but remember the club (Butcher???) got rid of something like 14 or so players off the payroll so that should help the club's finances I would have thought?

The thing that I'm a bit concerned about is if HFC operates a rigid set wage structure that could be hampering the manager in getting in the type and quality players he wants. Does anyone know if the club operates a wage structure like this? I'm only guessing and freely admit I simply don't know.

Hibeescott
13-07-2014, 09:38 AM
From what was said at the WT meeting during the week offers have been made to players and it was obvious AS was keen to get replies from them. If those players are taking their time, considering their options, there's little anyone at Hibs can do to hurry them up.

From the amount of drivel that's being posted on here I'm assuming nobody saw the interview with AS live on sky sports news the other day. He said exactly this, that he had identified players and offers were on the table to a number of players. he said this is the frustrating time for him as he can't do anything now. He isn't going to offer other players contracts in the same positions when offers currently on the table.

From reading through all the rubbish posted recently iv not seen anyone figure this out either. The market that AS knows very well is the U21 premiership market, that's also IMO where we should be going for quality loan signings. He has mentioned regularly about favours from people, e.g. lambert/Martinez etc. These clubs have gone back a lot later than us and many of the young players play pre season games then get sent out on loan once established players/new signings come in. Be patient!!

Forza Fred
13-07-2014, 09:39 AM
Specifically, what players are you on about?

We more often than not will not hear about those instances where players are approached but turn us down, so obviously it is not possible to run off a list of names, but as an example where it was public...Adam Rooney.

I firmly believe that had we signed him, we would not have been relegated.

Bostonhibby
13-07-2014, 09:44 AM

Its a fair point Fred, in recent history I think it has been down to the quality and (poor) judgement of those who target the players and those (he?) who negotiate the contracts.

There also has tended to be an element of desperation about some of the signings in question and in these situations players and agents probably hold the clubs to ransom to an extent.

What is needed is a bit more analysis of who we are signing and why - this might be what is happening now, if so more power to the current regime.

weecounty hibby
13-07-2014, 09:45 AM
We more often than not will not hear about those instances where players are approached but turn us down, so obviously it is not possible to run off a list of names, but as an example where it was public...Adam Rooney.

I firmly believe that had we signed him, we would not have been relegated.
Don't think that was money. Did he not want a permanent deal but TB only offered short term loan. Well done again TB, fud!

emerald green
13-07-2014, 09:47 AM

I'm not sure that one player would have saved Hibs from being relegated mate. He might have got a few goals and kept the club up, but we will never know now of course.

The irony is this though. If the club had not been relegated it's possible, and perhaps probable, that Butcher & Malpas would have still been in charge for the coming season.:boo hoo:Or, would LD have still recommended to the board that they be relieved of their duties?

Forza Fred
13-07-2014, 09:51 AM
p
Don't think that was money. Did he not want a permanent deal but TB only offered short term loan. Well done again TB, fud!

I fairness to TB I think he would have been delighted to sign him on a 'permanent' basis, but he was told from above that he could not do so and could only offer a loan proposal because of budgetary constraints.
It still was about money.

weecounty hibby
13-07-2014, 10:05 AM
p

I fairness to TB I think he would have been delighted to sign him on a 'permanent' basis, but he was told from above that he could not do so and could only offer a loan proposal because of budgetary constraints.

Ok, where's your proof for this. I never heard TB say that at anytime. From memory all he said was that he thought it merited a loan. If he wanted him and was emptying so many in the summer anyway why would he not offer permanent unless he thought he could get better, which i suspect was the case

MSK
13-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Ok, where's your proof for this. I never heard TB say that at anytime. From memory all he said was that he thought it merited a loan. If he wanted him and was emptying so many in the summer anyway why would he not offer permanent unless he thought he could get better, which i suspect was the caseFrom the press ..ABERDEEN are set to win the race with Hibs to land Adam Rooney.

The Oldham striker was given permission to talk terms with the Dons last night and a deal could be finalised today.

The 25-year-old was also wanted by his old Inverness gaffer Terry Butcher but the Hibees boss admitted the Easter Road side couldn’t rustle up enough cash to fund a move.

He scored a good few goals in the past for me at Inverness – ironically we were going to rid of Rooney just before he went on his scoring spree!

“Adam has played for a few clubs since leaving Caley Thistle back in 2011.

“But we were not able to pay money for him.

“He was looking for a permanent deal away from Oldham and we’re looking more to loans.”

weecounty hibby
13-07-2014, 10:22 AM
From the press ..ABERDEEN are set to win the race with Hibs to land Adam Rooney.

The Oldham striker was given permission to talk terms with the Dons last night and a deal could be finalised today.

The 25-year-old was also wanted by his old Inverness gaffer Terry Butcher but the Hibees boss admitted the Easter Road side couldn’t rustle up enough cash to fund a move.

He scored a good few goals in the past for me at Inverness – ironically we were going to rid of Rooney just before he went on his scoring spree!

“He was looking for a permanent deal away from Oldham and we’re looking more to loans.”

Fair enough, i still suspect it was loan v permanent that was the big difference. Did the sheep pay a fee for him?

MSK
13-07-2014, 10:25 AM
Fair enough, i still suspect it was loan v permanent that was the big difference. Did the sheep pay a fee for him?Never read anywhere about a fee being mentioned ..most likely a "token" fee or Oldham just wanting him off their wage bill ..:agree:

Turkish Green
13-07-2014, 10:26 AM
What a load of crap! Hibs won't be paying rangers type wages but with a reduced squad will be matching if not beating hearts wages and also half the spl.

Agreed. In the whole of the SPFL probably only Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and Hearts will sell more STs than Hibs. AS should be able to put a team together that will compete with Rangers in the Championship. The moot point is will he be allowed to.

weecounty hibby
13-07-2014, 10:31 AM
Never read anywhere about a fee being mentioned ..most likely a "token" fee or Oldham just wanting him off their wage bill ..:agree:

Cheers, which makes me believe even more that it was the terms rather than just money. Oldham would've wanted a permanent deal as well

Hibbyradge
13-07-2014, 11:25 AM

Whisper it, we've only sold 5000 season tickets. :wink:

SaulGoodman
13-07-2014, 11:32 AM
From the press ..ABERDEEN are set to win the race with Hibs to land Adam Rooney.

Describes what was wrong with Butcher. Why would you tell someone you were about to get rid of him?

No wonder he didn't want to come.

Hibbyradge
13-07-2014, 11:36 AM
Describes what was wrong with Butcher. Why would you tell someone you were about to get rid of him?

Did he tell him that?

jacomo
13-07-2014, 12:59 PM
My theory is the chicken had to come first. It would have evolve through time and probably gave birth live at first but went on to give birth earlier when they were able to form protective shells around their young.

Sorry, it was the egg. Once upon a time a not-quite-a-chicken laid an egg with a genetic mutation that caused the offspring to be born as a bona fide chicken. Evolution in action.

J-C
13-07-2014, 01:00 PM

This basically looks like he wanted £x and Hibs offered £y, he went to Aberdeen and they gave him £x he wanted.

Bleeds green
13-07-2014, 06:05 PM
p

Your whole point was stating u heard hibs don't pay as much as others which is a totally untrue statement made up gobbledygook stuff

Ray_
13-07-2014, 06:13 PM
Whisper it, we've only sold 5000 season tickets. :wink:

Petrie's still there, plenty said they wouldn't renew with that senario. :wink:

AlbertK86
13-07-2014, 06:16 PM

Wasn't TB who wanted a loan deal... That was all he was allowed