PDA

View Full Version : Alan Stubbs - Thank You

Slim Shady
12-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Had to force the wee man to make the trip down to Berwick today. He had a season ticket last year and even though he's only 10 was determined that no way will he go back and watch them.

He's that pissed off this is the first season since he was born he doesn't have / want the new kit. Usually I'd just buy it as a given.

Any hoos today after the final whistle the wee man was leaning over the black fence at the tunnel to see the players and Alan shook his hand and said "Thanks for coming"

Monday morning I've to renew his season ticket and buy the new strip.

Sometimes it's the little things that count.

oconnors_strip
12-07-2014, 08:43 PM
This is fantastic to read and I hope Alan is made aware of it!

rcarter1
12-07-2014, 08:44 PM
Had to force the wee man to make the trip down to Berwick today. He had a season ticket last year and even though he's only 10 was determined that no way will he go back and watch them.

He's that pissed off this is the first season since he was born he doesn't have / want the new kit. Usually I'd just buy it as a given.

Any hoos today after the final whistle the wee man was leaning over the black fence at the tunnel to see the players and Alan shook his hand and said "Thanks for coming"

Nice story. :thumbsup:

sleeping giant
Great wee story. :greengrin

MSK

Sometimes it's the little things that count.Child cruelty ..but brill aw the same :greengrin..Im sure the wee man will come to love hibs & will thank you in later life ..:greengrin

IWasThere2016
12-07-2014, 08:46 PM

:top marks

Golden Bear
12-07-2014, 08:51 PM

Pleasing, very pleasing.

It all adds to the pre season feel good factor.

Ross89
12-07-2014, 08:54 PM
Great story.

Well done for going down and well done Alan Stubbs 👍

Hibeesmad
12-07-2014, 09:01 PM
Great to hear this, I also saw Dempster was taking pictures with fans in town. Great to see people behind the scenes as well as the players and manager taking time to interact with fans

ronaldo7
12-07-2014, 09:09 PM
Great to see all the players stopping for the kids and getting photos taken, as well as autographs. Did anyone else notice the organisation of the squad today. Half time, all the subs out working with each other in areas of the pitch with the ball, and at when anyone was subbed they would put on the yellow vest and go behind the goals with the others for some stretching, warm down, and liquids.:aok:

Glad the young yin has decided to sign up for his team again.:aok:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-07-2014, 09:10 PM

:top marks

frazeHFC
12-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Great to hear this, I also saw Dempster was taking pictures with fans in town. Great to see people behind the scenes as well as the players and manager taking time to interact with fans

The last season or two the fans and the staff of the club seem to have been further apart than we have in years. Good to hear of stories like this. :agree:

Jonnyboy
12-07-2014, 09:11 PM

Fantastic :aok:

Billy Whizz
12-07-2014, 09:12 PM
I hope his dad's renewing as well!

Scouse Hibee
12-07-2014, 09:24 PM
Scouse mentality would expect nothing less.

WestCoastHibby
12-07-2014, 09:44 PM
Did you check he still had his wrist watch...?? Only joking, it's good for morale. I am impressed by Mr Stubbs as a result.

TomTheHibbyBev
13-07-2014, 05:16 AM
Good one:thumbsup:

HibeeMcGinn1
13-07-2014, 05:40 AM

Fantastic read. GGTTH

lucky
13-07-2014, 06:55 AM

Made me smile. Hopefully Subbs will get the feel good factor back to Hibs

andymcc1875
13-07-2014, 07:49 AM

Not posted for a while but that made me swell up and feel a bit of pride that ive not had for a few years hopefully more of this feeling to come from what we see on the park aswel

Greenworld
13-07-2014, 07:59 AM

Great story nice to hear... these we gestures mean so much to kids

J-C
13-07-2014, 08:07 AM

An e mail has to be sent off to Leeann Dempster asap so this can be given more media coverage, fantastic bit of PR for the club and also very pleasing to have a manager who seems genuinely concerned about the club and it's supporters.

bawheid
13-07-2014, 08:12 AM
Might just be falling in love with the Hibees again.

woodythehibee
13-07-2014, 09:48 AM
Excellent. There is a feel good factor around Hibs just now - and that's only after 2 friendlies.

A few signings next week and hopefully we can boost our season ticket numbers to make ER a fortress next season.

Turkish Green
13-07-2014, 10:07 AM

:aok:

Today's kids are tomorrow's lifeblood. Something the arrogant TB did not appear to grasp.

Dublin07
13-07-2014, 10:12 AM
:aok:

Today's kids are tomorrow's lifeblood. Something the arrogant TB did not appear to grasp.

Spot on mate. My son had his autograph book at every match last season and butcher never let the players come over to sign. Yesterday my boys were delighted to see the whole squad and management team come over to the fans at the end. It was great to see so many happy faces at last.

capitals_finest
13-07-2014, 10:22 AM
Great story, I really worry that we have an ageing support. I think most kids nowadays are even swerving the OF and supporting a Premiership club first and maybe their local team second because of their family.

Would love to see the club doing more with schoolkids (not in a hearts way :wink:). I have family that are Hibs but it was my school mates that sealed the deal for me when I was a pup.

R'Albin
13-07-2014, 11:02 AM
Spot on mate. My son had his autograph book at every match last season and butcher never let the players come over to sign. Yesterday my boys were delighted to see the whole squad and management team come over to the fans at the end. It was great to see so many happy faces at last.

To be fair there was also a lot of stories about how decent Terry was with kids at the games. It does seem strange that he wouldn't allow them to do that but I'm sure there's a good reason.

By the way, great read OP :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
13-07-2014, 11:18 AM
I also saw Dempster was taking pictures with fans in town.

She was told to by Petrie.

SMAXXA
13-07-2014, 11:22 AM
I could trump this with another great story, last week after the vale game there was a hibs supporter with his hibs top on etc who cycled back from the game and on the way the hibs bus pulled in and stopped as they went past him and gave him water. He didn't want a lift was enjoying the cycle but on such a hot day stubs asked the driver to stop and make sure the guy was alright. I was speaking to his mate who's a jambo and couldn't speak highly enough of this small gesture.

Sean1875
13-07-2014, 11:43 AM
really nice to hear, hopefully the start of the rebuilding of a real feel good happy atmosphere with the club, something that's been gone for too long!

DarlingtonHibee
13-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Well done to the players yesterday, took time with the young fans for photos etc - well done :top marks

hfc rd
13-07-2014, 12:08 PM
Really good and refreshing to hear that their is such a good positive atmosphere at the club under LD and AS. Hope it continues!

GGTTH