PDA

View Full Version : Why Hibernian will stay down

Ringothedog
12-07-2014, 07:40 PM
We have been relegated in the wrong season, the rangers and hearts will outspend us to ensure promotion. They will sell more season tickets which will ensure more money to buy better players. The minute they get better results their crowds will go up even further giving them more money to strengthen. What are we doing in our time of need ? Bickering and finding any reason not to buy a season ticket or back the club. I hate to say it but the Huns and mini Huns are showing us by the way they back their club. We need all fans who can afford it to purchase a season ticket asap and those that can't to get to game as often as possible. This season is not about what has happened in previous seasons but about backing the team NOW.

ColintonHibs
12-07-2014, 07:42 PM
I'll buy a half st if the players show a bit of heart in the 1st half of the season. All I and many others ask but theyve failed to deliver for 4/5 seasons now

FranckSuzy
12-07-2014, 07:44 PM
We have been relegated in the wrong season, the rangers and hearts will outspend us to ensure promotion. They will sell more season tickets which will ensure more money to buy better players. The minute they get better results their crowds will go up even further giving them more money to strengthen. What are we doing in our time of need ? Bickering and finding any reason not to buy a season ticket or back the club. I hate to say it but the Huns and mini Huns are showing us by the way they back their club. We need all fans who can afford it to purchase a season ticket asap and those that can't to get to game as often as possible. This season is not about what has happened in previous seasons but about backing the team NOW.

Who's the say that we won't make a few good signings, start the season off with a few wins and then our ST sales may go up too?

NOLA
12-07-2014, 07:45 PM
*** it im away to slit my wrists

Viva_Palmeiras
12-07-2014, 07:46 PM
Do you think that Hamilton cared about what their rivals or Hibs would do?

I know you're trying to rally the troops but far to defeatist for me. With this kind of attitude Churchill would have had an uphill struggle. What's gone has gone. We move forward. Be mindful of Hibstory but lles not be dragged down by it. New season, new league, fresh hope.

Ringothedog
12-07-2014, 07:48 PM
*** it im away to slit my wrists

Before you do that please buy a season ticket

Bigbobajob
12-07-2014, 07:49 PM
I'll buy a half st if the players show a bit of heart in the 1st half of the season. All I and many others ask but theyve failed to deliver for 4/5 seasons now

Absolutely. Been let down so many times the last few seasons that I need to see a bit more than I have to commit to buying another season ticket.. If it starts well, I'll be there paying at the gate. And at the turn of the year I'll buy a half season ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edwards
12-07-2014, 07:55 PM

Agree with some of the things you have quoted, Rangers have vastly improved their squad with experiance and look likely to win the league. We will have to aim for a play off spot and dog fight it out from there. The players from last season Butcher and Malpas and Petrie must take the full responsibility for the position we are in. If Petrie was to come out and say he was leaving at the end of the season I firmly believe it would improve the season ticket sales
If we can get at least 4 or 5 semi decent players in over the next couple of weeks then I think we can get to the final play off and I feel that will be Killie who Boyd saved this season.

Petrie Out

Vini1875
12-07-2014, 07:57 PM
We will come back up, I have complete faith that things will turn around as the season progresses both on and off the pitch.

Jim44
12-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Hearts and The Rangers will be promoted because they have more hunger for success and will spend money which they have or don't have (irrelevant). Any Hibby who thinks we will compete with them is in for a huge disappointment.

Gordy M
12-07-2014, 08:06 PM
Hearts and The Rangers will be promoted because they have more hunger for success and will spend money which they have or don't have (irrelevant). Any Hibby who thinks we will compete with them is in for a huge disappointment.
Sorry but completely disagree. Yes the rangers will be at the top but hearts? Who have they signed that makes them such a good team?? Even if you take their midfield signings, bauben and gomis, id still rather have robertson stanton and craig, and thats before we have signed anyone!?

SaulGoodman
12-07-2014, 08:07 PM
**** sake man :hilarious:

MSK
12-07-2014, 08:10 PM
Hearts and The Rangers will be promoted because they have more hunger for success and will spend money which they have or don't have (irrelevant). Any Hibby who thinks we will compete with them is in for a huge disappointment.Where, all of a sudden has this money come from ..?..the rangers are financially rooked as are the gorgie tramps ..:confused:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-07-2014, 08:11 PM
Close thread and bring it back up at the end of the season when we are promoted and we are champions :greengrin

tamig
12-07-2014, 08:16 PM
Where, all of a sudden has this money come from ..?..the rangers are financially rooked as are the gorgie tramps ..:confused:

Exactly. Hearts will probably have a lower budget than us and the big hun won't be able to sign too many more now I'd think. What a ridiculous thread.

Gerard
12-07-2014, 08:17 PM
Do you think that Hamilton cared about what their rivals or Hibs would do?

I know you're trying to rally the troops but far to defeatist for me. With this kind of attitude Churchill would have had an uphill struggle. What's gone has gone. We move forward. Be mindful of Hibstory but lles not be dragged down by it. New season, new league, fresh hope.

Being relegated was always going to be a S time. OUR CLUB has faced this situation for some time and now we must accept relegation. OUR CLUB needs us to be strong and resolute in making a quick return to the top table of Scottish football. There are many things happening at our club and the Working Together gateway is a part of that process. They say that change takes time and is not free from pain. This year can be one where we accept that we have a journey to make and one in which we will have to fight hard to be promoted. It can also be one in which OUR CLUB sees many changes in the way that it is run and interacts with us the fans. It is OUR CLUB as we the fans will be here long after the owners, directors of the club, players and employees have left the club. If we Work Together we will be promoted quicker than if we do not. I have faith in the future, respect for the past and want success in the present. :wink:

Eternal Hibbie
12-07-2014, 08:18 PM
Don't believe the Hertz will spend money to take them back up, they have already stated they don't consider an immediate return to the top division as a priority and they are big time skint with a new owner who has said time and time again they will not repeat the mistakes which nearly ended them, they have serious money to spend on infrastructure just to keep all parts of their hovel open, oh, and one more thing, they are tom kite.

The Rankers, I can agree with you on but hopefully we can nick second spot at the very least - assuming we sign somebody - anybody !!!

Stantons Angel
12-07-2014, 08:18 PM
Why are we even discussing this now?

A ball hasnt been kicked in earnest yet and people come on here and tell us we will never be promoted???

PLEASE leave the pessimism at home and lets get a wee bit positiveness in the forums for a wee while at least!

Give the team a chance to step on the park before you are saying they wont do this they wont do that.

This is a new season of change our mentality will have to change also!

Lucius Apuleius
12-07-2014, 08:22 PM
Why are we even discussing this now?

A ball hasnt been kicked in earnest yet and people come on here and tell us we will never be promoted???

PLEASE leave the pessimism at home and lets get a wee bit positiveness in the forums for a wee while at least!

Give the team a chance to step on the park before you are saying they wont do this they wont do that.

This is a new season of change our mentality will have to change also!

Been said for one of either two reasons. Either they are yams or they are saying it so that in the, in my opinion, unlikely event that we do not at least reach the playoffs they will be able to resurrect the thread to say they told us so. Just hope to hell they aren't sitting beside me next season.

Aldo
12-07-2014, 08:22 PM

So what about us???

Last time we got relegated we had a pretty good average crowd and topped 14,000 at a few games.

So if we go on a good run the crowds will return to ER and back the team.

What you are saying would happen to pretty much any team.

I'm fed up with folk saying the Huns and diet Huns are doing this are signing that.....

I might not get to many games but I know this

I SUPPORT HIBERNIAN FC

Always have done and always will do.

So instead of saying folk aren't doing their bit and they are getting stronger focus on what we are doing and what we can do and that if we go on a run we will get stronger.

Plain and simple

weecounty hibby
12-07-2014, 08:33 PM
Hearts have made a couple of average signings but freed their best from last season. Der hun may have a better squad but IMHO have a dreadful manager probably no better than Butcher. I am hopeful for the coming season as I Believe AS will sign quality players

Lucius Apuleius
12-07-2014, 08:34 PM
Well said wee man!