PDA

View Full Version : Alan Combe

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Looks like he is set to become our new Goalkeeping Coach according to the Scottish Sun. Still waiting on him replying to my mail on Facebook. But thoughts?

DarrenSQH
12-07-2014, 05:42 PM
Looks like he is set to become our new Goalkeeping Coach according to the Scottish Sun. Still waiting on him replying to my mail on Facebook. But thoughts?

He warmed up the keepers today

BT58
12-07-2014, 05:47 PM
i know his dad ALAN snr,,,very guid hibee,,, if he can make our goalies better then why not,,
Alan jr was a good goalie with Killie, always thought he could do a job for us,,,hopefully his experience will make our goalies a lot better :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

HoboHarry
12-07-2014, 05:50 PM
Hope wee Lewis doesn't mention to him that he won a MOM in a cup final once.......:greengrin

col02
12-07-2014, 05:51 PM
If he comes on board as goalkeeping coach then I could see it being a good thing to have him as backup to a younger keeper as well as passing on his experience. Personally I have long felt it a waste of a wage having purely a goalkeeper coach at a club of Hibernians size.

Jamesie
12-07-2014, 05:55 PM
Third time lucky for Alan if he signs for us this time round! Good luck to him.

Stuarty27
12-07-2014, 05:56 PM
He was there today, looked fit enough to play never mind coach :)

Billy Whizz
12-07-2014, 05:56 PM
If he comes on board as goalkeeping coach then I could see it being a good thing to have him as backup to a younger keeper as well as passing on his experience. Personally I have long felt it a waste of a wage having purely a goalkeeper coach at a club of Hibernians size.

What age is he?

Mr White
12-07-2014, 06:00 PM
What age is he?

Turned 40 in April.

Keith_M
12-07-2014, 06:03 PM
Is this the same guy that once conceded 5 goals in a Cup Final?

:wink:

calder45a
12-07-2014, 06:03 PM
He was there today, looked fit enough to play never mind coach :)

.He might have to.

gegs70
12-07-2014, 07:21 PM
I like alan and if we sign him I will be happy with him as coach...good hibby too!

Scouse Hibee
12-07-2014, 07:32 PM
Does his son still play? I remember watching him in the U15/16 Scotland team at East Fife along with Jamie Walker and Fraser Fyvie

NOLA
12-07-2014, 07:47 PM
really good coach would welcome him with open arms! as im sure the goalies will when we sign some :wink:

hfc rd
12-07-2014, 08:11 PM
At long last! Hopefully Steve Marsella just sticks with the scouting.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-07-2014, 08:12 PM
Is Combe a Hibee? I thought he was a Hearts fan?

Aldo
12-07-2014, 08:13 PM

Nope Him and his family are very much Hibs fans I'm led to believe.

Yuillsy
12-07-2014, 08:14 PM

Major Hibby mate!

craigmounthibby
12-07-2014, 08:21 PM
Is Scott Thomson still on gardening leave, or has his contract expired?

greenlex
12-07-2014, 09:09 PM
Very much a Hibee. His father is too. as are his uncles. His Grandfather was the six member of the Famous Five FFS. :flag:

Mr White
12-07-2014, 09:13 PM
Very much a Hibee. His father is too. as are his uncles. His Grandfather was the six member of the Famous Five FFS. :flag:

He's bobby combes grandson?! I feel a bit :doh: for being unaware of that!

Thecat23
12-07-2014, 09:24 PM
He used to wear a Hibs top to training when at Dundee Utd. Just to wind up the manager :D

greenforgo
12-07-2014, 09:36 PM
He's bobby combes grandson?! I feel a bit :doh: for being unaware of that! no he is not his grandson

Jonnyboy
12-07-2014, 09:40 PM
no he is not his grandson

Grand Nephew, I believe

Scouse Hibee
12-07-2014, 09:43 PM
no he is not his grandson

Grand nephew according to what I have read.

JB beat me to it :greengrin

truehibernian
12-07-2014, 09:44 PM
He used to wear a Hibs top to training when at Dundee Utd. Just to wind up the manager :D

Acted like a **** end at the 2-1 derby defeat TC and to be honest you'd have thought Alan was a raging Yam by the end of the game......I know they paid his wages (mibbes :greengrin) but he acted like a prize erchie during and after the game.

Spoke to him during the warm down and he had developed the Yam arrogance that seems to flow through that club :rolleyes:

greenlex
12-07-2014, 09:45 PM
Happy to be corrected but the sentiment remains. :flag:

Thecat23
12-07-2014, 09:49 PM
Acted like a **** end at the 2-1 derby defeat TC and to be honest you'd have thought Alan was a raging Yam by the end of the game......I know they paid his wages (mibbes :greengrin) but he acted like a prize erchie during and after the game.

Spoke to him during the warm down and he had developed the Yam arrogance that seems to flow through that club :rolleyes:

I noticed that mate, I sit right behind the home dugout and he was raging and shouting abuse at the fourth official too.

All will be forgiven if he helps us with our own keepers and gives the Jambos the two fingers 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sauzee6_2
12-07-2014, 09:49 PM
Alan Combe....he may have worked for the manky mob and played in the original 5-1 game.... However he will always be remembered for the Matty Jack game!!

Thecat23
12-07-2014, 09:52 PM
Alan Combe....he may have worked for the manky mob and played in the original 5-1 game.... However he will always be remembered for the Matty Jack game!!

That was hilarious!

I thought he was going to smack the ref!

lord bunberry
12-07-2014, 09:53 PM
I went to school with him he stayed next door to me good keeper but not as good as me

Mr White
12-07-2014, 09:53 PM
That was hilarious!

I thought he was going to smack the ref!

He restrained himself and spat at the linesman instead!
Edit- actually accused of headbutting the linesman.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/1094372.stm

Thecat23
12-07-2014, 09:56 PM

Really??

I honestly never knew that. I thought he just went off on one and went down the tunnel. That's bad patter doing that.

Mr White
12-07-2014, 09:57 PM
Really??

I honestly never knew that. I thought he just went off on one and went down the tunnel. That's bad patter doing that.

See my edit, seems it was an alleged headbutt after initial reports he spat were denied.

wheniwas5
12-07-2014, 09:59 PM
After his antics at game at Easter road after hearts game he shouldn't get anywhere near this club,Hibee or not.

Thecat23
12-07-2014, 10:00 PM
See my edit, seems it was an alleged headbutt after initial reports he spat were denied.

Still shouldn't be doing that either. Hope he's grown up since this.

Jonnyboy
12-07-2014, 10:02 PM
Enjoy :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgBQlenWbBk

California-Hibs
12-07-2014, 10:58 PM
After his antics at game at Easter road after hearts game he shouldn't get anywhere near this club,Hibee or not.

What did he do?

gegs70
12-07-2014, 11:02 PM

Alan went to Leith Academy, seen.him at a number of games and he is a hibby!

hfc rd
12-07-2014, 11:03 PM

What did he do?

Forza Fred
12-07-2014, 11:13 PM
I think I went to school....Leith Academy...with who must have been his Dad or Uncle.

That 's my claim to fame for the week.

wheniwas5
12-07-2014, 11:28 PM
Don't know how to do this copy and paste but true hibernian post on page 1 gives you a rough idea.
Thou sure it would be on you tube . Carried on like a rite hertz

hibb1
12-07-2014, 11:44 PM
Edit- actually accused of headbutting the linesman.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/1094372.stm

He was obviously pissed off at the way game ended and the team he was playing for lost the match ,that says to me he likes to win are you stuck on this hibs class pish,i want winners at our club people that hate to lose at anything,nice guys finish last mibbies not the way folk would like it to be but true (except with ladies when finishing last is all good):cb

Edit..so he played for the dark side and celebrated wins with them shows how much he likes to win as he in a Hibby through and through,ill take 11 winners on pitch and another 15 winners ready to step in regardlesss of where they been and what they done on the pitch:flag:

Hibeesmad
13-07-2014, 12:27 AM
Stubbs has confirmed that Alan will be joining the club and there is a possibility he could come in as a player/coach, one for the bench I'd imagine

California-Hibs
13-07-2014, 01:33 AM
Stubbs has confirmed that Alan will be joining the club and there is a possibility he could come in as a player/coach, one for the bench I'd imagine

And where did he confirm this?

smurf
13-07-2014, 01:36 AM

Makes sense...

.Sean.
13-07-2014, 01:40 AM
Hibs fan aye. Alan Combe is an absolute fanny, Hearts ****.

Far better with Scott Thomson.

Billy
13-07-2014, 01:41 AM
And where did he confirm this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJayRpj9plw&sns=em

Frazerbob
13-07-2014, 02:00 AM

Interested to hear why you think he's an absolute fanny? I used to know him and his old man years ago but haven't seen either for a good few years. His uncle however is my Dad's best mate and I do see him regularly and he's kept me up to date on his career etc. Always found them all to be thoroughly decent guys and massive Hibs fans. Until he signed for Hearts, he would regularly be at Hibs games with his Dad.

EdinMike
13-07-2014, 02:55 AM
Enjoy :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgBQlenWbBk

What was that pen given for?! I'm still clueless to this day ! Remember feeling giddy after that game though !

.Sean.
13-07-2014, 03:56 AM
Interested to hear why you think he's an absolute fanny? I used to know him and his old man years ago but haven't seen either for a good few years. His uncle however is my Dad's best mate and I do see him regularly and he's kept me up to date on his career etc. Always found them all to be thoroughly decent guys and massive Hibs fans. Until he signed for Hearts, he would regularly be at Hibs games with his Dad.
I used to sit behind the goals and every time without fail he was an ignorant, sneering, petulant, arrogant, smug little ****. Never taken to him.

No thanks.

Mr White
13-07-2014, 05:32 AM
He was obviously pissed off at the way game ended and the team he was playing for lost the match ,that says to me he likes to win are you stuck on this hibs class pish,i want winners at our club people that hate to lose at anything

:hilarious winning isn't exactly the first thing I associate with alan combe, I wouldn't say it's something he's too familiar with.

MWHIBBIES
13-07-2014, 07:54 AM
I used to sit behind the goals and every time without fail he was an ignorant, sneering, petulant, arrogant, smug little ****. Never taken to him.

No thanks.Oh well, Sean doesn't like him, next.

woodythehibee
13-07-2014, 08:54 AM

Scott Thomson was regarded as the best goalkeeping coach several of the players have worked with. Source - the players.

hibbybob
13-07-2014, 09:16 AM

We all, rightly, criticised Billy Broon for his split loyalties at the time of the cup final.

I want players and coaches who give 100% for the club that pay their wages. I couldn't care what team any of our players support or what loyalty they have shown to other teams/employers in the past just as long as winning at Hibs is their priority whilst at ER.

It's about time our players showed a bit more passion - or even arrogance!

hibb1
13-07-2014, 09:24 AM
:hilarious winning isn't exactly the first thing I associate with alan combe, I wouldn't say it's something he's too familiar with.

Im not talking about winning cups/leagues there are not many of those type of players in scotland unless they play for one of the ugly sisters,Im talking about winning games and not taking it lying down when he loses

ackeygraham
13-07-2014, 09:42 AM
End of the days Stubbs has seen enough to warrant giving him a role at the club. He's a decent guy away from the pitch and like everyone gets caught up in the moment.

He's a winner, hates losing. I myself am like that and if can distill this into the club then more than happy for that. Hopefully we'll see a more senior keeper this week though and he can coach rather than play unless dire need.

buktapurple79
13-07-2014, 09:59 AM
He was obviously pissed off at the way game ended and the team he was playing for lost the match ,that says to me he likes to win are you stuck on this hibs class pish,i want winners at our club people that hate to lose at anything,nice guys finish last mibbies not the way folk would like it to be but true (except with ladies when finishing last is all good):cb

Edit..so he played for the dark side and celebrated wins with them shows how much he likes to win as he in a Hibby through and through,ill take 11 winners on pitch and another 15 winners ready to step in regardlesss of where they been and what they done on the pitch:flag:

Brilliantly put m8 - I know Alan, he's a massive Hibee and it's winners we need at this club

Dublin07
13-07-2014, 10:19 AM
I was at college with Alan in 90-91. He was 100% Hibs and a good mate at the time. We went to a derby together at tynie after college ended just about the same time he gave up work to sign professional. Think it was houchens debut game.

sleeping giant
13-07-2014, 11:20 AM
I was at college with Alan in 90-91. He was 100% Hibs and a good mate at the time. We went to a derby together at tynie after college ended just about the same time he gave up work to sign professional. Think it was houchens debut game.

I was at that match with my ....erm....Mum :greengrin
She lost her shoe when Houchen scored :greengrin

Lago
13-07-2014, 12:15 PM
We all, rightly, criticised Billy Broon for his split loyalties at the time of the cup final.

I want players and coaches who give 100% for the club that pay their wages. I couldn't care what team any of our players support or what loyalty they have shown to other teams/employers in the past just as long as winning at Hibs is their priority whilst at ER.

It's about time our players showed a bit more passion - or even arrogance!

Totally agree.

Dublin07
13-07-2014, 12:59 PM
I was at that match with my ....erm....Mum :greengrin
She lost her shoe when Houchen scored :greengrin

Was she doing the houchy. All together now you put your left leg in, your left leg out........

Jonnyboy
13-07-2014, 10:10 PM
What was that pen given for?! I'm still clueless to this day ! Remember feeling giddy after that game though !

If you watch very closely you'll see the United man tread on MJ's foot :agree: Soft as, likes :greengrin