PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Hibernian - Looking to the Future

RSS Bot
12-07-2014, 08:20 AM
Latest statement from Hibernian Football Club

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140712/hibernian-looking-to-the-future_2262950_3987903)

NW
12-07-2014, 08:32 AM
Is this not déjà vu

Jack
12-07-2014, 08:34 AM
An alternative model of ownership.

bigwheel
12-07-2014, 08:48 AM
since Dempster was announced she has been consistent that she has been brought in to change the ownership model around our club. It has largely been lost in the events post relegation...it will be good to see the plans emerge as to this strategy...

NW
12-07-2014, 08:48 AM
If was more the timing, but then looking at the well society and all other models I struggle to see a in house offering that works

livi hibby
12-07-2014, 08:50 AM
just give us a decent team that can play and win this league at a canter

NW
12-07-2014, 08:51 AM
Surely everyone at the club should be focussed on players for time being

bigwheel
12-07-2014, 08:57 AM
Surely everyone at the club should be focussed on players for time being

There is no reason why a strategic topic like this can't get some time as well as player recruitment. All businesses have a number of critical goals to deliver at the same time.

down-the-slope
12-07-2014, 08:59 AM
While there is nothing in the statement I don't believe - I do think that the timing is one made to get out before PK's appearance on OTB to show that board / management have been working on this for some time and is not just a reaction to protests / PK's fronting of new scheme.

Would be interesting to hear detail of how far they have got - personally I would like to see Our Club approach people who have skill and experience in change management / CIC's / Development Trusts etc (who are also among our support - never ceases to amaze me through LWT to see how wide and deep is the talent among us and not the unintelligent knuckle dragger's some would have people believe) to be part of a working group exploring the issue from the inside rather than a being more attritional process of reacting to things from the outside.

Keith_M
12-07-2014, 09:01 AM
I'm getting a bit bored of hearing the same thing over and over, sorry.

hibsdaft70
12-07-2014, 09:32 AM
I think that the ownership model is a distraction that we don't need at the moment IMHO. I think that we need instead to look at the membership model. I think that season tickets should be scrapped to be replaced by an auto renewing membership scheme paid monthly, one of the benefits being free entry to any home game. A whole range of other benefits can be added as required and agreed. Just a thought.

Emerald
12-07-2014, 09:34 AM
The club does need to change and I'm sure this is all heading in the right direction BUT the immediate priority has to be the team. AS is trying to bring in quality and doesn't want to settle for shirt fillers, I'm sure we all agree that this is the right approach. However, AS stated yesterday that he was quite happy with his squad and said they are not bad players, they had just been going through a bad spell. This to me is very worrying, all we have done to shape the squad since relegation is bin around a dozen players and brought in a right back. We are short of a whole load more than that. Is this a pre warning that we aren't actually anywhere near signing the players we need. Future vision statements are all very well but lets see some improvements in the team and do it as a major priority. If we can't get a team on the pitch ready to go on day one of the season, vision statements won't be much good to anyone.

FranckSuzy
12-07-2014, 09:44 AM
FWIW, I'm delighted to see the club are seeking to consult with the fans. It has been a critiscm often aimed at them that they are detached/too corporate/remote etc, so this is at least a good start, IMHO.

Betty Boop
12-07-2014, 09:47 AM
I'm getting a bit bored of hearing the same thing over and over, sorry.

This

oconnors_strip
12-07-2014, 09:51 AM
While there is nothing in the statement I don't believe - I do think that the timing is one made to get out before PK's appearance on OTB to show that board / management have been working on this for some time and is not just a reaction to protests / PK's fronting of new scheme.

Would be interesting to hear detail of how far they have got - personally I would like to see Our Club approach people who have skill and experience in change management / CIC's / Development Trusts etc (who are also among our support - never ceases to amaze me through LWT to see how wide and deep is the talent among us and not the unintelligent knuckle dragger's some would have people believe) to be part of a working group exploring the issue from the inside rather than a being more attritional process of reacting to things from the outside.

Leeann spoke to us at the WT meeting on Wednesday about this and we suggested the club formally put something out there to the fans ASAP and not just rely on us passing it on to just some fans.

Hibdan12
12-07-2014, 09:54 AM
Is this not déjà vu
It looks likely, what concerns me is this is a new regime looking to bring new ways to the club but after a week when we made only one signing after promising more they send out a statement that has already been made before, this is what the old regime done. i am getting a bit concerned now.

Hibeewilly
12-07-2014, 10:09 AM
The club does need to change and I'm sure this is all heading in the right direction BUT the immediate priority has to be the team. AS is trying to bring in quality and doesn't want to settle for shirt fillers, I'm sure we all agree that this is the right approach. However, AS stated yesterday that he was quite happy with his squad and said they are not bad players, they had just been going through a bad spell. This to me is very worrying, all we have done to shape the squad since relegation is bin around a dozen players and brought in a right back. We are short of a whole load more than that. Is this a pre warning that we aren't actually anywhere near signing the players we need. Future vision statements are all very well but lets see some improvements in the team and do it as a major priority. If we can't get a team on the pitch ready to go on day one of the season, vision statements won't be much good to anyone.
Great post emerald - I agree 100%. I said over a week ago that I thought Stubbs was struggling to bring players to the club as we are a bit of a poisoned chalice at the moment and after hearing his comments about the existing squad yesterday I believe it more than ever. We are in for a long hard season I think

livi hibby
12-07-2014, 11:01 AM
I don`t think its stubbs that is struggling to bring players he can ask for anyone he wants it just go`s back to what we are willing to pay wage wise to get players ,that's why I think we won`t sign anymore till round the last day see who is willing to take what we offer ,I hope I`am wrong but I don't see much of a change in the dealing of trying to get players in

johnrebus
12-07-2014, 11:10 AM
I won't believe a word of the garbage that still comes out if Easter Road until Petrie is gone.

Leanne, if you're paying attention you'll know it's the only answer

emerald green
12-07-2014, 11:57 AM
FWIW, I'm delighted to see the club are seeking to consult with the fans. It has been a critiscm often aimed at them that they are detached/too corporate/remote etc, so this is at least a good start, IMHO.

I totally agree with this. There's no quick fix to the situation the club finds itself in. This is a good positive move from LD.

ian omand
12-07-2014, 12:09 PM
There is no reason why a strategic topic like this can't get some time as well as player recruitment. All businesses have a number of critical goals to deliver at the same time.
If that is the case then what happened to our critical goals last season?
its the wrong time for this right now,we need to focus on team building,this is a smoke screen to cover the lack of recruitment going into a match without an established experience goalkeeper for example.

down-the-slope
12-07-2014, 12:13 PM
Leeann spoke to us at the WT meeting on Wednesday about this and we suggested the club formally put something out there to the fans ASAP and not just rely on us passing it on to just some fans.

:aok: good move

Lago
12-07-2014, 12:24 PM
So the club followed your suggestion and as expected immediately gets critised. They can't win, dammed if they do dammed if they don't.

Onion
12-07-2014, 12:24 PM
An alternative model of ownership.

:agree: And last time we shared our vision for the club they simply ignored us. Petrie Out.

Beefster
12-07-2014, 12:28 PM
It doesn't matter what Dempster does or how open she makes the club, some folk aren't going to listen. They'll still tell us every time she says something that they're not listening, mind you.

NW
12-07-2014, 12:29 PM
So the club followed your suggestion and as expected immediately gets critised. They can't win, dammed if they do dammed if they don't.

A fans model must come from fans, not the people who have dragged us down

Onion
12-07-2014, 12:31 PM

Sadly, they're suffering for the ills of the recent past. Answer is quite simple .... get things right on the park and everything else becomes irrelevant ! Until then, fans will naturally question motives, tactics, strategy and anything that might look like spin or glossing over the most important issues. At this point, signing players is the priority. Without that, failure in the coming season is assured and no amount of discussion will make up for that.

Emerald
12-07-2014, 12:36 PM

Its all very well that the club is being transparent and keeping the fans informed of these developments. I know she can probably multi task quite well but I would like to see everyone at the club put all their time and energy into building a first team squad and leave all these periphery talk shops until after that task has been completed. We are running out of time before the season starts and the team is the number one priority at this time, even though these other issues are important going forward.

Beefster
12-07-2014, 12:37 PM
A fans model must come from fans, not the people who have dragged us down

In your opinion. Personally, I'd probably buy into a Dempster/Hibs scheme to transfer ownership to the support before what I've heard from Forever Hibernian.

NW
12-07-2014, 12:50 PM
In your opinion. Personally, I'd probably buy into a Dempster/Hibs scheme to transfer ownership to the support before what I've heard from Forever Hibernian.

Based on what? The honesty you are used to from Hibs? The transparency that exists within Hibs and the success of Leannne Dempsters last transfer of ownership scheme?

Gerard
12-07-2014, 01:41 PM

I agree with FS. Hibs need to become more of a football team and a lot less of a corporate entity.

Beefster
12-07-2014, 02:11 PM
Based on what? The honesty you are used to from Hibs? The transparency that exists within Hibs and the success of Leannne Dempsters last transfer of ownership scheme?

Based on my gut feelings, the fact that I trust Hibs to do their best to protect the club, the fact that I trust Dempster and based on the fact that I've heard nothing from Petrie Out / Forever Hibernian that sounds like a coherent plan.

I don't think you can hold Dempster responsible for the Motherwell support's failure to take the opportunity of ownership. Unless you're suggesting that we can hold Paul Kane responsible if his plan to buy the club fails through lack of interest?

jdships
12-07-2014, 02:22 PM

Got to say You are right on the money here !!
FH have yet to put forward anything in the way of concrete proposals .
All "Spin" using specifically chosen words and cliches to to try and sound/look good !!

Would need a lot more evidence of sustainable policies before I would jump on the Kano bandwaggon :rolleyes:

NW
12-07-2014, 02:25 PM
And to be balanced what proposals have the club put forward? Let both sides fully engage and the support can make an informed decision

NW
12-07-2014, 02:29 PM
At the end of the day the main thing the best way forward is found for our club. That's all that matters

Lago
12-07-2014, 02:31 PM
The one thing that strikes me about the Paul Kane initiative is that there is less detail out in the open than there is from Hibs through Dempster.
Equally this fan ownership plan looks awfully like a super junior club set, committee, chairman, sub committees etc ect ect. Not at all convinced it would work.

jdships
12-07-2014, 03:10 PM
The one thing that strikes me about the Paul Kane initiative is that there is less detail out in the open than there is from Hibs through Dempster.
Equally this fan ownership plan looks awfully like a super junior club set, committee, chairman, sub committees etc ect ect. Not at all convinced it would work.

:thumbsup::agree:

NAE NOOKIE
12-07-2014, 05:46 PM

In what way have Hibs been open with regards to their dealings with Forever Hibernian or their future plans ( if any ) for ownership of the club and any fan involvement in it? If you are talking about openness in current dealings it wasn't FH who imposed a confidentiality clause on discussions.

I didn't hear PK on Off the Ball ........ I presume that's where the info in your second paragraph came from?