PDA

View Full Version : Season tickets hearts sell 10000

Greenworld
12-07-2014, 07:18 AM
Amazing sales from our neighbours where are we now with our season ticket sales.
I wish paul kane and the supporter groups involved would put out statements encouraging fans to get buy tickets this is not helping

CallumLaidlaw
12-07-2014, 07:22 AM
We were at 5500 just over a week ago. With the launch of the payment plan again, maybe around 6500. If we can be over 7000 for season starting, I think that's pretty good considering the price and disappointment/performances we've suffered recently

weonlywon6-2
12-07-2014, 07:44 AM
Amazing sales from our neighbours where are we now with our season ticket sales.
I wish paul kane and the supporter groups involved would put out statements encouraging fans to get buy tickets this is not helping

Is it true though ???
They lie a lot

bingo70
12-07-2014, 07:46 AM
It's a good number for them to sell so credit where it's due.

The circumstances of their relegation were so different from us the 2 situations are not comparable.

Hopefully with a few decent signings we could get close to that figure though

oneone73
12-07-2014, 07:51 AM
It's a good number for them to sell so credit where it's due.

The circumstances of their relegation were so different from us the 2 situations are not comparable.

Hopefully with a few decent signings we could get close to that figure though

Agree with this. They went down fighting, we went down bickering. Let's get a couple of good signings though, and watch us go. One thing's for sure - there's only team in the city going to get a crowd of 20,000

Phil D. Rolls
12-07-2014, 07:52 AM

:whistle:

Baldy Foghorn
12-07-2014, 07:52 AM

What has it got to do with Paul Kane and the Supporter Groups??.......Surely it is down to each individual to make up their own mind, and either purchase or not purchase one?

Carheenlea
12-07-2014, 08:09 AM
I wish folk would stop comparing everything we do with Hearts. How many have Aberdeen sold, or St Mirren? Nobody cares so why should we be with Hearts?
5000 odd is a decent number of season tickets to sell, and if more people who want to support the team and can get on board before the season starts then our sales would look not too bad at all, and that's comparing them to no one.

blackpoolhibs
12-07-2014, 08:19 AM
I wish folk would stop comparing everything we do with Hearts. How many have Aberdeen sold, or St Mirren? Nobody cares so why should we be with Hearts?
5000 odd is a decent number of season tickets to sell, and if more people who want to support the team and can get on board before the season starts then our sales would look not too bad at all, and that's comparing them to no one.

Really? I think its very poor but understandable.

CB_NO3
12-07-2014, 08:23 AM
So they should. They are about £140 cheaper than us. Well done Hearts for actually looking out for their fans. Hibs on the other hand................

whiskyhibby
12-07-2014, 08:38 AM

Just out of interest have you bought a Season ticket and if so for what stand?

Carheenlea
12-07-2014, 08:53 AM

I stil think it`s decent. The previous couple of years have been inflated by Cup Final ticket guarantees with lots of concessions. This year it`s no gimmicks, just a straight honest price for a season and 5000 honest supporters signing up for the new campaign.

A quick look through Hibs.net and you will find that a lot of folk don`t have a lot of love for Hibs right now. If results and fortunes take a turn for the better you will see that figure rise more next season I`m certain.

Keith_M
12-07-2014, 08:53 AM

So they should. They are about £140 cheaper than us. Well done Hearts for actually looking out for their fans. Hibs on the other hand................

:agree:

Hibs showed a total lack of imagination in their pricing and have only signed one player so far. That's gotta affect the number of sales.

Dear Admins: But it's all good, I'm not being negative and I'm not trolling, honest. :greengrin

Greenworld
12-07-2014, 09:10 AM
Bought three west stand...

iwasthere1972
12-07-2014, 09:12 AM
Not surprising when you consider the majority of their seats were between £260 and £325 for an adult.

I would be happy if we could achieve about 7000 sales.

Greenworld
12-07-2014, 09:17 AM
What has it got to do with Paul Kane and the Supporter Groups??.......Surely it is down to each individual to make up their own mind, and either purchase or not purchase one?
I agree it is an Individual choice but a few words from key people paul..pat stanton etc can make a real difference to sales.....I just want the best team on the park and more sales im guessing would help that .

whiskyhibby
12-07-2014, 09:17 AM

Good to hear I guess we will bump into each other, I'm in the upper west row BB. how about you?

Greenworld
12-07-2014, 09:19 AM
I stil think it`s decent. The previous couple of years have been inflated by Cup Final ticket guarantees with lots of concessions. This year it`s no gimmicks, just a straight honest price for a season and 5000 honest supporters signing up for the new campaign.

A quick look through Hibs.net and you will find that a lot of folk don`t have a lot of love for Hibs right now. If results and fortunes take a turn for the better you will see that figure rise more next season I`m certain.
Thats a fair point

hibsdaft70
12-07-2014, 09:23 AM

2 for East Stand, these were bought back in March on the 11 month payment plan. No discount or refund sought as did not want to take money out of the club at a time they needed it most. I trust LD and AS to use my money wisely.

Phil D. Rolls
12-07-2014, 09:25 AM
I agree it is an Individual choice but a few words from key people paul..pat stanton etc can make a real difference to sales.....I just want the best team on the park and more sales im guessing would help that .

No flies on you then. You'll be telling us next, we've more chance of winning if we score more goals than our opponents.

whiskyhibby
12-07-2014, 09:26 AM
2 for East Stand, these were bought back in March on the 11 month payment plan. No discount or refund sought as did not want to take money out of the club at a time they needed it most. I trust LD and AS to use my money wisely.

Same here, renewed before last season end and bought 2 KFK as well which I do every year, I don't want any sort of refund, but Hibs need to think about how we are going to get the Season ticket numbers increased... However the main thing is not about the numbers, we could fill the stadium if they were £50 each, but the budget would be slashed dramatically, but there has to be a point where we can achieve the right balance

Greenworld
12-07-2014, 09:32 AM
No flies on you then. You'll be telling us next, we've more chance of winning if we score more goals than our opponents.
whats the point of that comment do you want me to tell you that will it help sell season tickets

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-07-2014, 09:35 AM
Liars, cheats, thieves.

They were telling us they had 15/16 thousand at home games last season when we all knew they were lying.

I don't believe anything they say at all, it's all fantasy "big team" bullcrap.

greenginger
12-07-2014, 09:46 AM
10,000 season tickets at the PBS is it ? compared to our 5,000

Looks like they are back to being the Big Team again. Well maybe not.

However , looking at the accounts of both clubs over the last 5 years ( 2008 - 2012, can't look at 2013 as Yams never produced accounts )

Total turnover Hibs - £ 36.7 million

Hearts - £ 40.8 million

Average 11% over all their overspending years .

Bobby's Cinema
12-07-2014, 09:47 AM
I still think the decision on season tickets was a big BIG mistake from us. We were told sales after relegation were as little as a few hundred.

I can see a few more renewing with the excitement of the new season as we begin to put a team together but that decision killed the chances of any great uptake.

I know legitimate reasons were given to keep things as they are, but I disagree with them 100%

hihohibby
12-07-2014, 09:53 AM
Why not refer to the season ticket sales of our other forthcoming challengers such as Livingston or Falkirk while we're at it? Our success this season will be down to the quality, determination and consistency of the players at our disposal, and not to how many bums occupy the rusty-hinged seats at Tynecastle. I choose to focus on the positives at our own club.

Ronniekirk
12-07-2014, 09:54 AM
A large percentage of that 10,000 will be paying direct debits weekly or monthly so in effect they will be paying more overall than a current hibs Season Ticket Holder. it remains to be seen who will get better value for thier money .However there pricing has clearly enticed others to buy and that figure could well go up to over 11,000 Whereas the consensus figure from posters seems to indicate we will do well to shift 7,000 .
Leeann has IMO taken the view the Fans will back the club inspite of our recent poor performances and I would imagine that we aren't where we would want to be re sales figures .Difficult to know impact this will have on player budget but it clearly has to have an impact along with how players currently perceive all the recent change at Hibs and whether they think we are now a club on the up or are headed for further season in Championship .
I already have my Season Ticket but my son is waiting for some decent signings to prove the Club has intent to come back up in one season and think there are a lot of other fans in that same position so we are in a precarious position at present I think .The next few weeks and signings made will do more for Ticket Sales than a few words from Paul Kane or Pat Stanton IMO .the issue of Fan ownership is not something that is imminent so it doesn't yet factor into peoples thinking it's what product we will have on the field of play that ultimately gets bums on seats .
I went to most pre season friendlies last year but have no plans so far to go to any If there was a home fixture would of went so club was generating money can't understand why there isn't one lined up .

Phil D. Rolls
12-07-2014, 10:04 AM
whats the point of that comment do you want me to tell you that will it help sell season tickets

Sorry, I thought you were going out of your way to state the bleeding obvious. We need to sell more season tickets, that's a given.

Without a fan base of 400,000 we are always going to struggle against our bigger, more famous neighbours. Can't say I'm overly worried, it's not like either club will be competing for World Cup stars this season.

iwasthere1972
12-07-2014, 10:11 AM
A large percentage of that 10,000 will be paying direct debits weekly or monthly so in effect they will be paying more overall than a current hibs Season Ticket Holder.

Just curious how you're working that out?

H18Y GW
12-07-2014, 10:11 AM
We were at 5500 just over a week ago. With the launch of the payment plan again, maybe around 6500. If we can be over 7000 for season starting, I think that's pretty good considering the price and disappointment/performances we've suffered recently

And last season was brilliant for them ???

lord bunberry
12-07-2014, 10:16 AM
They're in for a rude awakening, they genuinely believe that they're going to stroll the league next season. Everyone I speak to has somehow managed to erase the memory of how bad they were last season, a season were they were fighting for their very survival. If they think they're going to turn up at places like Palmerston and Central Park and cruise to victory then they are in for a nasty shock. One good thing we will have going for us is that we won't be underestimating anyone and the other two will probably be seen as the bigger scalps.

H18Y GW
12-07-2014, 10:18 AM

And im certain Hibs will enjoy the steady flow of cash,the budget is already accounted for allegedly,could mean room for manoeuvre in the January window if reqd.

Hibernia Na Eir
12-07-2014, 10:19 AM
If I could give a flying ****** I would.
But I don't.

BH Hibs
12-07-2014, 10:20 AM
**** Hertz

Nutmegged
12-07-2014, 10:21 AM
They're in for a rude awakening, they genuinely believe that they're going to stroll the league next season. Everyone I speak to has somehow managed to erase the memory of how bad they were last season, a season were they were fighting for their very survival. If they think they're going to turn up at places like Palmerston and Central Park and cruise to victory then they are in for a nasty shock. One good thing we will have going for us is that we won't be underestimating anyone and the other two will probably be seen as the bigger scalps.

Highly doubtful anyone outwith The Rangers fans will believe they'll stroll the league, we're all playing for Play-Off spots

#FromTheCapital
12-07-2014, 10:22 AM
Not a direct comparison at all. Hearts set of circumstances is not even in the same universe as hibs. In recent years they've spent out with their means and enjoyed a lot more success than us. We on the other hand have seen our club slide further and further on a yearly basis, culminating in a hugely embarrassing relegation at the hands of Hamilton. Football fans are all the same essentially, every team has their die hards that will support their team no matter what. We are basically at that level now, lots of fans are fed up of paying to watch ***** football but will return if results and performances improve. If hearts are ***** for the next few years their attendances and at holders will also fall dramatically.

lord bunberry
12-07-2014, 10:25 AM
Highly doubtful anyone outwith The Rangers fans will believe they'll stroll the league, we're all playing for Play-Off spots

Not true they really believe they're going to win it, I've spoken to plenty of them, their arrogance is unreal

Aldo
12-07-2014, 10:30 AM

Nutmegged I disagree.

Yams I know believe they will be up there without any probs challenging (if not winning) for the league.

They think they are building an excellent squad and already have the 2 best midfielders in Gomis and bauben.

I just laughed and said we will see.

Arrogance of the highest order.

Betty Boop
12-07-2014, 10:41 AM
[QUOTE=Aldo;4094493]Nutmegged I disagree.

Yams I know believe they will be up there without any probs challenging (if not winning) for the league.

They think they are building an excellent squad and already have the 2 best midfielders in Gomis and bauben.

Is that mot just positive thinking ? They appear to be more united as a support.
Arrogance of the highest order.[/QUOTE

Is that not just positive thinking? They appear to ne more united as a support whereas us......

Kaiser1962
12-07-2014, 10:44 AM
10,000 season tickets at the PBS is it ? compared to our 5,000

Looks like they are back to being the Big Team again. Well maybe not.

However , looking at the accounts of both clubs over the last 5 years ( 2008 - 2012, can't look at 2013 as Yams never produced accounts )

Total turnover Hibs - £ 36.7 million

Hearts - £ 40.8 million

Average 11% over all their overspending years .

In that period Hearts spent £71m and Hibs spent £36.6m. They spent £30m, of somebody else's money admittedly, to gain a £4m advantage. Big team my arse.

Hearts season tickets are on the up because they have dodged a bullet at a lot of others (including charities, local traders and ordinary taxpayers) expense. They are under new ownership and while in the championship there was a chance they might not be here at all but for some very loose application of the legislation regarding parent/linked companies. We, on the other hand, are on a significant downer.

Franck Stanton
12-07-2014, 10:59 AM
What is the point of this thread ? Really, what's the point ? I support Hibs and to be brutally honest couldn't give a flying one about the kiddie - fiddlers from the PBS. f them all.

Aldo
12-07-2014, 11:05 AM
With all due respect BB I don't really give a flying F what they do or say.

I think you'll find that given the right circumstances that we are a pretty united support.

Bleeds green
12-07-2014, 11:11 AM
Given there prices compared to ours what income are both expectin from the sales if they have 10k and say we get to 7.5k ticket sales

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3pm
12-07-2014, 11:13 AM
I'd give them credit for **** all. Hate them. Filth. And cheats.

Kaiser1962
12-07-2014, 11:15 AM
Given there prices compared to ours what income are both expectin from the sales if they have 10k and say we get to 7.5k ticket sales

Whats the difference?

Bleeds green
12-07-2014, 11:21 AM
Whats the difference?

I'm saying how much income difference is there as ours goes straight to player budget I bet it's close if not more for us

Flanny boy
12-07-2014, 11:37 AM
I'd give them credit for **** all. Hate them. Filth. And cheats.
Now isn't that the truth :agree:

emerald green
12-07-2014, 11:39 AM
That the Yaks have (allegedly) sold 10,000 season tickets comes as no real surprise to me. It has almost become like a point of principal that they always "beat the Hobos", even when it comes to selling season tickets.

They've created this "big team" mantra around themselves (no supporters of any other team I know go around openly referring to themselves as "the big team" as it's too embarrassing and arrogant) and they now have to try to maintain it.

Into the bargain, they know their club is not yet out of the woods financially, so they are forced to continue to dig deep for season tickets, and keep the DDs going. It might be interesting to see what happens if their season doesn't turn out as well as many of them are bragging about. Fingers crossed. FTJTs.

lord bunberry
12-07-2014, 12:41 PM
[QUOTE=Aldo;4094493]Nutmegged I disagree.

Is that mot just positive thinking ? They appear to be more united as a support.
Arrogance of the highest order.[/QUOTE

Is that not just positive thinking? They appear to ne more united as a support whereas us......

There's a difference between positive thinking and delusion. Remember we're talking about the same people who last season said that they'd be above us in the league by October and challenging for Europe by the end of the season, the reality is they started bottom and remained there all season.

Speedway
12-07-2014, 12:45 PM
So yams have raised £2.6m and us £2.2m through STs. Is that correct?

Aldo
12-07-2014, 12:46 PM
Your not far off the mark there LB.

Delusion or deluded. That's the word (s) I was trying to think of yesterday when I had the conversation.

I'll let them have their wee moment and will comment on it at the end of the season.

Don't want egg on my face after saying we will do this or that.

Quietly confident once everything is in place.

Nando™
12-07-2014, 12:52 PM
The situations of the clubs are not comparable, as already pointed out.

The manner of the relegations and the pricing of season tickets are the huge variables that have brought about the big difference in sales.

lord bunberry
12-07-2014, 12:52 PM
Your not far off the mark there LB.

Delusion or deluded. That's the word (s) I was trying to think of yesterday when I had the conversation.

I'll let them have their wee moment and will comment on it at the end of the season.

Don't want egg on my face after saying we will do this or that.

Quietly confident once everything is in place.

That's the way I'm looking at it mate, when the reality kicks in that they're not going to steamroller teams it may well be to late, we on the other hand are focusing on building ourselves up again.

Aldo
12-07-2014, 12:57 PM
That's the way I'm looking at it mate, when the reality kicks in that they're not going to steamroller teams it may well be to late, we on the other hand are focusing on building ourselves up again.

Yip... They can shout about what they've sold etc if it makes them feel really good about themselves.... Doesn't detract what has actually happened.

Spin plain and simple.

If we sold 18000 ST they would still say they sold more (which we all know is crap)

Like you say I'm more concerned bout us and what we are doing (or not as the case maybe)

H18Y GW
12-07-2014, 01:09 PM
Nutmegged I disagree.

Arrogance of the highest order.

i actually think Hearts will finish above Rangers,they have there squads in place,we dont so thats all im prepared to say right now lol

Ronniekirk
12-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Just curious how you're working that out?
I didn't work it out pure guess work ,but based on assumption that they reportedly had around 8 000 folk paying direct debits so a I would think it's safe to assume a fair number of them wil be core support that also buy season tickets But it's no big deal ,like others I am more concerned what we do and how we respond to the challenges that face us .

Ronniekirk
12-07-2014, 01:15 PM
Yip... They can shout about what they've sold etc if it makes them feel really good about themselves.... Doesn't detract what has actually happened.

Spin plain and simple.

If we sold 18000 ST they would still say they sold more (which we all know is crap)

Like you say I'm more concerned bout us and what we are doing (or not as the case maybe)

Well if we did sell 18 ,000 i wouLd be over the moon Aldo ,but they would be hard pressed to say they had sold more as they would then be selling season tickets with no where for folk to sit given they have the wee capacity .unless you know something about them extending their. capacity :wink:

Gatecrasher
12-07-2014, 01:20 PM
Fair play to them for sticking by their club and no doubt making things easier for them for the upcoming season. Like it or not they are our rivals and I understand the circumstances of both relegations are different but they are better at backing their club than us at the moment.

Aldo
12-07-2014, 01:23 PM
Well if we did sell 18 ,000 i wouLd be over the moon Aldo ,but they would be hard pressed to say they had sold more as they would then be selling season tickets with no where for folk to sit given they have the wee capacity .unless you know something about them extending their. capacity :wink:

That's my pint Ronnie.

Spin

Like I say I'm more concerned at what we will do.

H18Y GW
12-07-2014, 01:38 PM
Fair play to them for sticking by their club and no doubt making things easier for them for the upcoming season. Like it or not they are our rivals and I understand the circumstances of both relegations are different but they are better at backing their club than us at the moment.

They have backed the club,we have slated ours.

Nobody disputes what has happened,its time to move on,i know Kano and im sure he knows also that the sideshow is the last thing we need right now.

The negative stuff you read each day is turning my stomach and although i have my St i may stick too away games where its a different supporter that goes...GGTTH

Nando™
12-07-2014, 01:43 PM
We have turned up time and time again in the face of adversity recently, they lied about their attendances last season because the fans just weren't turning up. The only reason they have sold a lot more than us now is because there is a feel good factor there mostly because of how they got away with stealing millions from ordinary punters and charities, and also because of how the bad situation at Hibs has given them an unexpected boost.

lord bunberry
12-07-2014, 01:43 PM
They have backed the club,we have slated ours.

Nobody disputes what has happened,its time to move on,i know Kano and im sure he knows also that the sideshow is the last thing we need right now.

The negative stuff you read each day is turning my stomach and although i have my St i may stick too away games where its a different supporter that goes...GGTTH
They haven't backed their club as much as they did last season, season ticket sales are still down on what they were last season

Gatecrasher
12-07-2014, 02:00 PM
We have turned up time and time again in the face of adversity recently, they lied about their attendances last season because the fans just weren't turning up. The only reason they have sold a lot more than us now is because there is a feel good factor there mostly because of how they got away with stealing millions from ordinary punters and charities, and also because of how the bad situation at Hibs has given them an unexpected boost.
Yeah I understand all of that, I thought I sort of acknowledged that in my post, but the fact they have sold nearly double us is unheard of (from my time as a hibs fan anyway) and it's very disappointing.

Pray4Marc
12-07-2014, 02:03 PM
That figure will be fabricated, like everything else was in the past.

Russ
12-07-2014, 02:12 PM

By a distance. While the vast majority of our so called fans hide behind the excuse of Petrie for not buying one.

H18Y GW
12-07-2014, 02:26 PM
They haven't backed their club as much as they did last season, season ticket sales are still down on what they were last season

Oh well that makes our half the amount seem much better,its still more than we have had in decades

CraigHibee
12-07-2014, 02:27 PM
**** hearts

Pete
12-07-2014, 02:30 PM
People are falling into the trap of believing anything they say.

Compulsive liars with wee willy syndrome.

Dalianwanda
12-07-2014, 02:37 PM

It's a reasonable point and didn't need the smarted arsed reply you got..

Lago
12-07-2014, 02:38 PM
E=peter douglas;4094723]People are falling into the trap of believing anything they say.

Compulsive liars with wee willy syndrome.[/QUOTE]
Well thats them told. We will just go back to fighting amongst ourselves or sticking our heads in the sand.
Can't believe some of the stuff I read on here just now. Down right depressing.

Pete
12-07-2014, 02:53 PM
Well thats them told. We will just go back to fighting amongst ourselves or sticking our heads in the sand.
Can't believe some of the stuff I read on here just now. Down right depressing.

What on earth are you slavering about? Have I hit a nerve?

If you don't like it here I have some ideas regarding what you can do.

Albanian Hibs
12-07-2014, 02:56 PM
E=peter douglas;4094723]People are falling into the trap of believing anything they say.

Compulsive liars with wee willy syndrome.
Can't believe some of the stuff I read on here just now. Down right depressing.[/QUOTE]

do you believe what they say?

MrSmith
12-07-2014, 02:57 PM
By a distance. While the vast majority of our so called fans hide behind the excuse of Petrie for not buying one.

Eh, Petrie?? He's just a small part! Obviously it's got nothing to do with under performing, badly, in the last five years! A bit to prove first before I buy one however, it's a good start!

Lago
12-07-2014, 03:25 PM
What on earth are you slavering about? Have I hit a nerve?

If you don't like it here I have some ideas regarding what you can do.

Do tell

Pete
12-07-2014, 03:33 PM
do you believe what they say?

He's probably still waiting on his share certificates.

Nando™
12-07-2014, 03:34 PM
Yeah I understand all of that, I thought I sort of acknowledged that in my post, but the fact they have sold nearly double us is unheard of (from my time as a hibs fan anyway) and it's very disappointing.

Ahright, I must have missed your point. I think we agree anyway mate :aok:

Lago
12-07-2014, 03:59 PM
He's probably still waiting on his share certificates.

Gosh the ultimate insult, you really can debate at the highest level.

Pete
12-07-2014, 04:12 PM

That "wee willy" comment about the cheats really got to you, didn't it.

Toddle off now.

MSK
12-07-2014, 04:14 PM

That "wee willy" comment about the cheats really got to you, didn't it.

Toddle off now.Time to give it a rest guys ...:aok:

The Harp
12-07-2014, 04:16 PM

... and neither are you! Who cares how many season tickets they sell? They're a bunch of discredited cheats who have been found out, but not punished adequately.
Let them stew in their own juice - they'll soon be in financial trouble again.
If you really are a Hibee, concentrate on HIBS for God's sake!!!

hihohibby
12-07-2014, 04:24 PM
... and neither are you! Who cares how many season tickets they sell? They're a bunch of discredited cheats who have been found out, but not punished adequately.

Hear, hear!!
I despair at so many of my fellow Hibees with a huge chip on their shoulders regarding all things Hearts. I personally feel no need to refer to them time and time again in order to measure my own clubs position.

Greenworld
12-07-2014, 04:34 PM
Missing the point its about money for players which comes from season ticket money.......if sales are so low AS will not have much of a budget...

Gordy M
12-07-2014, 04:37 PM
Missing the point its about money for players which comes from season ticket money.......if sales are so low AS will not have much of a budget...
i think you will find that due to hibs pricing policy(good or bad) for s/t, compared to the yams, the money made from season tickets will not be that different so i wouldnt be worrying too much about it!

Aldo
12-07-2014, 04:40 PM

I see what your saying but did we not get an extra £500,000 as a parachute payment for being relegated?? Not a lot but will assist AS in his quest for players!!

The Harp
12-07-2014, 04:55 PM

No, I'm not missing the point at all. This is a Hibs forum. Surely our focus should be on Hibs, or is that being naive? Our rivals finances, be they Hearts, Rangers, Falkirk or whoever, should (IMO) be of little or no consequence to us, because there's nothing we can do about it. If I was so interested in any of our rivals' plight I'd be on a different website.
There is something we can do about Hibs' finances though, and that's to support the Club in whatever way we can.

NAE NOOKIE
12-07-2014, 05:00 PM
You don't need comparisons with the Yams or anybody else to know that 6,000 STs or less is disappointing in comparison to previous years. Its a fact that there are a number of reasons for this, but there are a few things Hibs could do to address the situation.

1 ) Try to make one signing that folk will want to pay to see.
2 ) Make some sort of commitment to give fans who buy this season a discount next season .... E.G. free cup top up ?

Interestingly about an hour before posting I was clearing crap out of a kitchen drawer where I keep receipts & stuff and found Hibs ST begging letter from 2011 ......... The 2nd paragraph was an apology for the previous season, which has become a bit of a theme for our club. There is only so many times you can say sorry before folk say 'oh aye, whatever' ......... Hibs it appears have hit that wall.

For my part I have bought my ST already and as a fan of the club all I can say to my fellow Hibbies from the bottom of heart is this:

Goan buy a season ticket, goan please for me, please, please, please ....... pretty please ...... Not for Rod Petrie, not for Tom Farmer, not for Alan Stubbs .............. Dae it fur me ............... Pleeeeeeeaaaaaasssssseeeee !!!!

Kaiser1962
12-07-2014, 05:01 PM
I see what your saying but did we not get an extra £500,000 as a parachute payment for being relegated?? Not a lot but will assist AS in his quest for players!!

There is also the possibility that, with the takeover talks ongoing, the club will be less likely to give the manager more than the ST's generate to spend. If they do then those buying the club will have an increased debt to contend with.

MSK
12-07-2014, 05:13 PM
No, I'm not missing the point at all. This is a Hibs forum. Surely our focus should be on Hibs, or is that being naive? Our rivals finances, be they Hearts, Rangers, Falkirk or whoever, should (IMO) be of little or no consequence to us, because there's nothing we can do about it. If I was so interested in any of our rivals' plight I'd be on a different website.
There is something we can do about Hibs' finances though, and that's to support the Club in whatever way we can.Correct ..however ..The messageboard for all Hibs fans to chat about Hibs and football in general ...sadly the Gorgie tramps come under the "football in general" category so I think the OP is getting a bit of unfair treatment ..the topic though is fair game ..:agree:

FWIW ..I couldn't give a flying **** about the tramps ..

Pedantic_Hibee
12-07-2014, 05:18 PM

Fat *******....

Lago
12-07-2014, 05:22 PM
Well done you!!:agree:

CRAZYHIBBY
12-07-2014, 05:46 PM
I hate every hearts fan that I dont like but fair play they are a credit to their club