PDA

View Full Version : Trialists

Hibeesmad
11-07-2014, 11:09 PM
Anyone know if we will have anymore trialists playing tomorrow and will Coulson be playing?

Juice-Terry
11-07-2014, 11:12 PM
Rumours that McFadden will be a trialist tomorrow. Think it's pish myself.

Hibeesmad
11-07-2014, 11:15 PM
Rumours that McFadden will be a trialist tomorrow. Think it's pish myself.

Would love to see him sign for us, would also help younger players such as Cummings, Stanton and Harris

dmc1875
11-07-2014, 11:19 PM
Surely we wouldn't ask McFadden to come in on trial?

Heisenberg
11-07-2014, 11:20 PM
Probably this Luke Coulson guy. Stubbs did say we'd probably have at least one.

Kaff
11-07-2014, 11:27 PM
Surely we wouldn't ask McFadden to come in on trial?

That's the thing with these rumours of trialists, the likes of Gorkss, McFadden and Earnshaw don't have to prove themselves as players but more that they are fit and injury free and that will be done at training. Playing them would only alert other teams(bigger teams?) to their availability and would be stupidity, rumours of them playing unless signed are as stupid

Speedway
12-07-2014, 06:57 AM
That's the thing with these rumours of trialists, the likes of Gorkss, McFadden and Earnshaw don't have to prove themselves as players but more that they are fit and injury free and that will be done at training. Playing them would only alert other teams(bigger teams?) to their availability and would be stupidity, rumours of them playing unless signed are as stupid

Stubbs said we MIGHT have one trialist.

bingo70
12-07-2014, 07:00 AM
I've seen about 3 interviews where Stubbs says nothing is happening with McFadden just now. Why do people keep thinking there is?

Reckon we'll have that trialist from Cardiff playing and that'll be it.

bingo70
12-07-2014, 07:10 AM
Sun journalist Kenny Millar just confirmed it'll be coulson playing as a trialist today.

Stubbs said there'd only be one so think that answers the op's question.

Kaff
12-07-2014, 12:38 PM
Stubbs said we MIGHT have one trialist.

The players I listed have all played in EPL, that standard of player won't play as trialist imo

Diclonius
12-07-2014, 12:42 PM
Sun journalist Kenny Millar just confirmed it'll be coulson playing as a trialist today.

Stubbs said there'd only be one so think that answers the op's question.

We were told 3 or 4 signings this week. Instead we make one signing and have one trialist playing today.

I'm trying really hard to be optimistic about this season but all I'm seeing is the same mistakes being made.

Iain G
12-07-2014, 12:53 PM
We were told 3 or 4 signings this week. Instead we make one signing and have one trialist playing today.

I'm trying really hard to be optimistic about this season but all I'm seeing is the same mistakes being made.

Mistakes? Stubbs is taking his time to get the right players in instead of any old dross :agree:

Brightside
12-07-2014, 01:06 PM
The players I listed have all played in EPL, that standard of player won't play as trialist imo

They play as trialist if they havent been registered yet....

jdships
12-07-2014, 01:11 PM
Mistakes? Stubbs is taking his time to get the right players in instead of any old dross :agree:

:thumbsup::agree:

Yuillsy
12-07-2014, 01:23 PM

If other clubs don't know these players are available the players need to sack their agents!

Diclonius
12-07-2014, 01:31 PM

In every previous season, "getting the right players in" quickly turns into "we're having trouble attracting the right players".

I hope Stubbs is different but it's still worrying, as the situation we're in at the present moment mirrors every previous season.

sleeping giant
12-07-2014, 03:10 PM
Right , just back from Holiday and not long up.
I read on here we had signed 4 players but not announced them yet. Are these players playing today?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-07-2014, 03:10 PM
Right , just back from Holiday and not long up.
I read on here we had signed 4 players but not announced them yet. Are these players playing today?

Just Gray and Coulson.

J-C
12-07-2014, 03:20 PM
Just Gray and Coulson.

Don't think he's signed yet well not officially, best not say he's signed when he's not, hence why he's a trialist today.

Leith Green
12-07-2014, 05:09 PM

What? Do you really expect the guy to just walk in the door and start signing players willy nilly? Some people need to get real here, he has been in the door 2 minutes and will be still assesing the situation, stubbs hasnt had the misfortune of watching a lot of hibs last season so he will probably looking back through videos etc whilst watching them in training, he has to work out key areas to strengthen first, anything else would be quite frankly negligent