PDA

View Full Version : Butcher still being paid by Hibs

leither17
10-07-2014, 11:32 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/english/terry-butcher-s-scottish-visa-has-run-out-1-3473417

leither17
10-07-2014, 11:34 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/english/terry-butcher-s-scottish-visa-has-run-out-1-3473417

What a ****ing joke that is they were both proven incompetent if that isnt gross misconduct then what is?

TowerHibs
10-07-2014, 11:37 PM
He can do as he pleases to be fair and we have given him some dogs abuse (personally and professionally) bit I feel his quotes are a tad disrespectful and OTT.

Football eh....funny old game

leither17
10-07-2014, 11:41 PM
messed up the title should have said he is still being paid by hibs :confused:

Ozyhibby
10-07-2014, 11:46 PM
Looks like he's bragging about us paying him for the next 2.5 years. Nice guy.

BoltonHibee
10-07-2014, 11:49 PM

I can't see the article, but if what you say is true, we all know who to blame

Heisenberg
10-07-2014, 11:54 PM
I'm glad he's no longer here. All we can hope for now is that he ****s up managing his garden too.

silverhibee
10-07-2014, 11:56 PM

Rod will get a Xmas card from Butcher for the rest of his life, it would seem Butcher is happy to be out of football and take his wages from Hibs until that contract runs out, looks like he is more than happy to do that.

Take a bow RP. :rolleyes:

Ozyhibby
11-07-2014, 12:15 AM
Rod will get a Xmas card from Butcher for the rest of his life, it would seem Butcher is happy to be out of football and take his wages from Hibs until that contract runs out, looks like he is more than happy to do that.

Exactly, it's clear from that interview he has no intention of looking for another job.
How Petrie is still in his is a mystery.

dmc1875
11-07-2014, 12:21 AM
Exactly, it's clear from that interview he has no intention of looking for another job.

I think the article says more about Butcher than Petrie 2bh.

The article has actually filled me with rage. He seems to be bragging about his garden and enjoying being out of football.

That man, and that man alone, sucked this club lower than I believed possible. He should be utterly embarrassed and ashamed.

Smartie
11-07-2014, 12:23 AM
I'd expect Butcher to be on our payroll for some time, along with Malpas.

I wonder if Fenlon and maybe even Calderwood could be still getting paid by us, along with their various management teams.

I hate to think really.

O'Rourke3
11-07-2014, 12:28 AM

Not really - he owns 10% of the club and had the full backing of the guy who has the other 90%. He's not loved, knows this and has taken a step back(hopefully). If the CEO and the new manager are dumped in a few months then the guy with 90% might rethink his strategy. Since we are probably still paying Fenlon and Calderwood (maybe) then this seems to be Football, not in this case RP.

we are hibs
11-07-2014, 12:38 AM
What an arse of a man. His comments are OTT. Thank god he isn't in charge and I'll be suprises if he finds another job with his ***** hoofball "tactics".

RIP Bestie
11-07-2014, 12:49 AM
If it was me I would insist that he and Malpas turned up at Easter Road every day. I would give them both mundane tasks to do like go to see players we had no intention of signing. Nothing that would have been outside their job description but all the crappy jobs that a manager would be expected to do. He certainly wouldn't be sitting with his feet up a couple of hundred miles away taking the p*** out of us if I was paying him.

RIP Bestie
11-07-2014, 12:53 AM

Not really - he owns 10% of the club and had the full backing of the guy who has the other 90%. He's not loved, knows this and has taken a step back(hopefully). If the CEO and the new manager are dumped in a few months then the guy with 90% might rethink his strategy. Since we are probably still paying Fenlon and Calderwood (maybe) then this seems to be Football, not in this case RP.
Won't be paying Calderwood as he has since taken another post so therefore would have had to have resigned his position of manager of Hibs.

FitbaFolkKen
11-07-2014, 12:54 AM
I would think the way the clauses work would be that they are put on gardening leave for the rest of their contract and when they accept another post then our duty to pay them ceases. Did Levein not do something similar with Scotland and refused a job because it would terminate his contract with the national team?

we are hibs
11-07-2014, 12:55 AM
If it was me I would insist that he and Malpas turned up at Easter Road every day. I would give them both mundane tasks to do like go to see players we had no intention of signing. Nothing that would have been outside their job description but all the crappy jobs that a manager would be expected to do. He certainly wouldn't be sitting with his feet up a couple of hundred miles away taking the p*** out of us if I was paying him.

I wouldnt want him anywhere near east mains/Easter road. If the players are happy now why would we want butcher and malpas hanging around disrupting that? The more and more that comes out the more I feel that more of the blame for last season lies at butchers door...

EdinMike
11-07-2014, 12:55 AM
I refuse to read about anything else that ****wit has to say..

JJP
11-07-2014, 12:59 AM
Unbelievable quotes. The man clearly has no shame for what he did to this club.

RIP Bestie
11-07-2014, 01:03 AM
I can't see the article, but if what you say is true, we all know who to blame
Give it a break. A high percentage of Hibs fans were delighted at his appointment. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but to get him to leave ICT was going to take a 3 year deal.
I was happy with his appointment, I was wrong. I wasn't alone. Petrie appointed him in good faith. What happened to us is Butchers fault. He made more mistakes in 6 months than Petrie or anyone else has in 20 years.

1950's hibbie
11-07-2014, 01:03 AM
Seems like a fairly normal in sports contract, either reasonable payout, which provides the opportunity to gain other employmernt, or salary until such time as employment sought and gained. The problem is to get what you think is the right man without having to commit to a fairly long contract with the aforfementioned options. Not easy to do, as most people in sports are looking for security from the employer whether working for them or not. Where it can get a bit awkward is when the contract states that the emloyment taken must be the same as the employment lost, e.g. coach fired, becomes coach somewhere else, but can take a job as a pundit on TV for example without jeopardising his salary from the former job.

RIP Bestie
11-07-2014, 01:06 AM
I wouldnt want him anywhere near east mains/Easter road. If the players are happy now why would we want butcher and malpas hanging around disrupting that? The more and more that comes out the more I feel that more of the blame for last season lies at butchers door...
He wouldn't be allowed anywhere near the players. He would be at Easter Road while they were at East Mains. This would be designed to drive him out rather than sit comfortably rubbing his hands.

hihohibby
11-07-2014, 01:13 AM
It's frustrating to think of what our club can't do with the money going Butchers way -and maybe for the remainder of his contract. One can only assume that Malpas is also on gardening leave and being paid a handsome sum too.:bitchy:
Petrie should do the honourable thing and pay them both off with his own money and allow the club to benefit from the financial resources bleeding our club. It really is scandalous. Paying two guys for abject failure.

RIP Bestie
11-07-2014, 01:35 AM
It's frustrating to think of what our club can't do with the money going Butchers way -and maybe for the remainder of his contract. One can only assume that Malpas is also on gardening leave and being paid a handsome sum too.:bitchy:
Petrie should do the honourable thing and pay them both off with his own money and allow the club to benefit from the financial resources bleeding our club. It really is scandalous. Paying two guys for abject failure.
I'm really sorry but this is daft in the extreme. Why should he?
Those two impostors should be micro managed out of the business. Go through their JDs with a fine toothed comb and get them doing all the sh** going. Make sure they are reporting for duty and signing off if we can. I have no idea what is in their contract or their T and Cs but I'm fu***d if he would be sitting down in Suffolk twiddling his thumbs and sticking two fingers up at us

Hibby
11-07-2014, 01:42 AM
I'm really sorry but this is daft in the extreme. Why should he?
Those two I posters should be micro managed out of the business. Go through their JDs with a fine toothed comb and get them doing all the sh** going. Make sure they are reporting for duty and signing off if we can. I have no idea what is in their contract or their T and Cs but I'm fu***d if he would be sitting down in Suffolk twiddling his thumbs and sticking two fingers up at us

With you totally with this mate.

I had thought that we could have them back to cut the grass seeing that they are meant to be gardening.

Then I realised that they would probably miss the middle of the pitch !!!!

:flag:

Hibby
11-07-2014, 01:51 AM

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

:flag:

Stonewall
11-07-2014, 04:10 AM
He wouldn't be allowed anywhere near the players. He would be at Easter Road while they were at East Mains. This would be designed to drive him out rather than sit comfortably rubbing his hands.

Which is constructive dismissal unfortunately, a fact which would not be lost on Butcher's lawyers.

Just going to have to suck this one up I'm afraid.

EdinMike
11-07-2014, 04:32 AM
Pat walked away from his contract remember ?! He cut all ties taking the blame on himself...

This smug explitive...

banchoryhibs
11-07-2014, 05:05 AM
There's no surprise that he's still getting his wage, it's much easier on the club's cashflow than paying him the remainder of his contract up front.

He brought a horrible brand of football with him and was an unmitigated disaster but when he was first appointed he was welcomed with open arms by most fans - including me. I was well chuffed when Rod signed him.

His comments are not too clever but it's time to move on.

IanM
11-07-2014, 05:11 AM
Would happily Hibs paid the **** double if it meant he came nowhere near Easter road again..

If he had any shame he'd be walking away, hopefully the New Zealand FA see what kind of man they'd be dealing with a tell him hoof his hook

500miles
11-07-2014, 05:15 AM
A journalist phones, looking to find out if he's up for the managers job. Butcher responds that he is enjoying some time off.

Big deal.

Keep in mind, Hibs fans basically demanded Butcher. Blaming RP for giving the people what they asked for is ridiculous.

Thecat23
11-07-2014, 05:56 AM
Personally don't think Butcher is mentally stable after reading half the things he's said. So glad he's left us now!

Beefster
11-07-2014, 06:05 AM
Pat walked away from his contract remember ?! He cut all ties taking the blame on himself...

This smug explitive...

I'm almost certain that Fenlon walked away with a settlement on the short remainder of his contract.

Anyone surprised that Butcher is either still being paid or walked away with a lump sum doesn't know much about contract law.

carnoustiehibee
11-07-2014, 06:18 AM
I'm almost certain that Fenlon walked away with a settlement on the short remainder of his contract.

Anyone surprised that Butcher is either still being paid or walked away with a lump sum doesn't know much about contract law.

Should there not have been something in the contracts that stated if you get the team relagated you can get punted without any pay?

Tyler Durden
11-07-2014, 06:19 AM
A journalist phones, looking to find out if he's up for the managers job. Butcher responds that he is enjoying some time off.

Big deal.

Keep in mind, Hibs fans basically demanded Butcher. Blaming RP for giving the people what they asked for is ridiculous.

Hibs fans did not demand Butcher and even if they did it's irrelevant. Of course it's Petries fault, he is responsible. Albeit nobody would have expected Butcher to be so utterly catastrophic but even if we'd won the play off his appointment would still be a disaster.

Hibs fans demanded Butcher, yeah right

Spike Mandela
11-07-2014, 06:25 AM
Garden leave or gardening leave describes the practice where an employee leaving a job – having resigned or otherwise had their employment terminated – is instructed to stay away from work during the notice period, while still remaining on the payroll. (From wiki:greengrin)

It will depend how long his notice period is and if he gets another job in the meantime his contract will terminate without a payoff. Seems a sensible way to go by Hibs imo.

Butcher has just made a wee joke about this and iisn't being too disrespectful to Hibs. It was a disastrous end to last season but remember we were seconds away from staying in the Premiership and Butcher would have been rebuilding the team for that. No doubt with all our support.

Fine lines and all that............That's football!

GreenOnions
11-07-2014, 06:33 AM

Constructive dismissal claim would be in the post I'm afraid

DC_Hibs
11-07-2014, 06:42 AM
Just shows how daft he is. I had nearly 3 months of gardening leave and never lifted a spade, trowel or any other gardening implement. I did however drink heavily and do what the f I wanted.

Watch and learn Butch.

blackpoolhibs
11-07-2014, 07:03 AM
Just shows how daft he is. I had nearly 3 months of gardening leave and never lifted a spade, trowel or any other gardening implement. I did however drink heavily and do what the f I wanted.

Watch and learn Butch.

:agree: Its typical Butcher, his gardening tactics were so last century, more your Percy Thrower style, when he should have been up to date with more of an Alan Titchmarsh style we all crave today.

Peevemor
11-07-2014, 07:05 AM
:agree: Its typical Butcher, his gardening tactics were so last century, more your Percy Thrower style, when he should have been up to date with more of an Alan Titchmarsh style we all crave today.

Not to mention how Maurice talks to the plants. :shocked:

lucky
11-07-2014, 07:10 AM
FFS Hibs agreed a contract with TB &MM, then decided they were wrong in giving them the job. Hibs have to honour the contract or pay them off. These contracts are legally binding. No one would touch Hibs if we belittled TB & MM. We use a phrase on here a lot " Hibs Class" maybe some posters should think what that actually means.

bingo70
11-07-2014, 07:11 AM
I realise butchers not alone on this and many would do the same but for me its not right.

He's made a good career out of football but now he's happy to sit back abd take a wage out the game for doing nothing, that could be a young players salary.

I've quit a job before because it clearly wasn't right for me, I'd like to think if I'd made a big an arse of a job as he did with us then I'd do the right thing and just walk away, especially if me staying would cost other people their jobs.

Realise the modern day culture though is to milk clubs for as much as they can get but I find that quite sad.

Smartie
11-07-2014, 07:17 AM
not to mention how maurice talks to the plants. :shocked:

f****** grow ya c***!!!!!!!

Jim44
11-07-2014, 07:39 AM
Personally don't think Butcher is mentally stable after reading half the things he's said. So glad he's left us now!

I cringed at his use of language and style from the day he walked into the job, although I admit I thought he would be good for the club. Totally correct about his communication style and totally wrong assumption about his effectiveness as a manager. I understand the 'paying on gardening leave situation', but I don't think he should be receiving the full salary. He was removed from the post because of his inability to do the job, and I'm sure there is plenty of tangible and anecdotal evidence to support this. If he continues to receive payment till the end of his contract, it should be an adjusted sum based on his demerits while in the post.

Caversham Green
11-07-2014, 07:42 AM

He's not though.

Rod appointed Butcher in his capacity as CEO (more accurately he recommended the appointment to the board). Like Butcher, Petrie has now been relieved of his duties. Unlike Butcher, Petrie is not now paid by the club - despite the fact that some think he's still running it.

Lester B
11-07-2014, 07:42 AM
What a ****ing joke that is they were both proven incompetent if that isnt gross misconduct then what is?

Loads of things are gross misconduct. This isn't. He was useless, utterly so, but that isn't gross misconduct. Now capability as a potentially fair reason for dismissal...but football manager contracts do not work that way.

heretoday
11-07-2014, 07:43 AM
Butcher sounds like a good gardener but I can't see Malpas doing nothing for two years.

Turkish Green
11-07-2014, 07:46 AM
Aren't we being a wee bit hypocritical here. We all wanted TB + MM out. We all knew they were on 3 year contracts. Did we really believe that sacking someone had no consequential costs. No point in our seething now.

RP is getting of lightly if he is only paying (monthly) for them to be on gardening leave for 2.5 years as opposed to paying up the remainder of their contracts in one lump sum amount.

So the question for me is how much is the AS budget for players reduced to pay for Captain Caveman + Misspass? I reckon they must be costing the club the equivalent of 3 players.

easty
11-07-2014, 07:49 AM
Butcher sounds like a good gardener but I can't see Malpas doing nothing for two years.

Nah I can quite imagine Malpas sitting talking to his flowers to make them grow. "Grow you *****!".

Phil D. Rolls
11-07-2014, 08:02 AM

I always suspected this was to be Terry's last job. Sounds like he's been planning his retirement for a while. You'd almost think he tried to get the sack.

down-the-slope
11-07-2014, 08:20 AM
He's not though.

Rod appointed Butcher in his capacity as CEO (more accurately he recommended the appointment to the board). Like Butcher, Petrie has now been relieved of his duties. Unlike Butcher, Petrie is not now paid by the club - despite the fact that some think he's still running it.

would you stop spoiling peoples rants and ire with your factual reasoned comments :wink:

As some of the more reasoned posts have stated - we are honouring the contract given to the candidates that were the overwhelming fans favourites at the time. We don't have a lump sum of the size that would be agreed as pay off 'make weight' for almost 2 1/2 years so to ease cash flow we are fulfilling contract - probably in hope that they take new posts soon.
What do people expect him to say when a journo calls 'I am hating being out of football and cry every day about it' of course he has to present it as a positive situation (like he is charging batteries for next challenge) so that he is considered for other opportunities in a 'we need to persuade TB to join' way rather than him coming across as desperate

Yuillsy
11-07-2014, 08:30 AM
I'd expect Butcher to be on our payroll for some time, along with Malpas.

I wonder if Fenlon and maybe even Calderwood could be still getting paid by us, along with their various management teams.

I hate to think really.
Pats contract was up at the end of last season so even if we were paying him it would only have been till the end of May/June.
It makes me sick though that myself and everyone else who have bought season tickets with hard earned cash have to sit and accept money is going towards supporting that **** and his idiot assistant's luxury lifestyle!

That article has really made my blood boil!

we are hibs
11-07-2014, 08:35 AM
He's not though.

Thats because he's chairman and still in charge of the club.

Peevemor
11-07-2014, 08:36 AM

No he's not.

we are hibs
11-07-2014, 08:38 AM
No he's not.

Hes not what?

Caversham Green
11-07-2014, 08:40 AM

Leeann Dempster is in charge of the club.

we are hibs
11-07-2014, 08:42 AM
Leeann Dempster is in charge of the club.

Allegedly in charge.

emerald green
11-07-2014, 08:43 AM
Hibs fans did not demand Butcher and even if they did it's irrelevant. Of course it's Petries fault, he is responsible. Albeit nobody would have expected Butcher to be so utterly catastrophic but even if we'd won the play off his appointment would still be a disaster.

Hibs fans demanded Butcher, yeah right

This. :top marksIt was Petrie's responsibility to do his "homework" before appointing Butcher & Malpas. Did he not do this, and if not why not?

Most fans I believe, like me, naively thought this was a good appointment, and were blinded by the fact that ICT were doing so well. It's only after things started to go very badly wrong - defeat after defeat, terrible performances and "style" of play - that fans started asking some questions about Butcher's previous managerial record. They then realised/discovered the awful truth, i.e. his previous record was **** (excluding getting ICT promoted from a poor league).

Was Rod Petrie not aware of his previous managerial record? Or was he taken in by Butcher's ability to "talk the talk"?

TowerHibs
11-07-2014, 08:43 AM
I don't have an issue with him still being paid. In fact, it was expected. Rather that than give both them £200k to bolt (sickening thought)

Yuillsy
11-07-2014, 08:45 AM
I realise butchers not alone on this and many would do the same but for me its not right.

He's made a good career out of football but now he's happy to sit back abd take a wage out the game for doing nothing, that could be a young players salary.

I've quit a job before because it clearly wasn't right for me, I'd like to think if I'd made a big an arse of a job as he did with us then I'd do the right thing and just walk away, especially if me staying would cost other people their jobs.

Realise the modern day culture though is to milk clubs for as much as they can get but I find that quite sad.

It's a totally bizarre thing in football mate. If you made a big arse of a job and tried to sit it out you'd eventually get found out get sacked and probably not get a penny in severance.
Managers can be terrible and still hold onto their jobs then when the axe eventually falls still have the luxury of their contract being honoured.
Surely a stipulation in any contract should be if you fail miserably you walk with nothing?

Caversham Green
11-07-2014, 08:47 AM
Allegedly in charge.

And so it continues. The club has stated she's in charge, LD has stated she's in charge, Alan Stubbs has stated she's in charge, RP has stated she's in charge.

But despite no evidence to the contrary, you know better.

down-the-slope
11-07-2014, 08:48 AM

Hibbyradge
Butcher is putting a brave face on what must have been a humiliating experience for him. He's not bragging about anything.

His contract is being honoured by Hibs, presumably to save Hibs the cost of the legal fees should they have tried not to honour it. :rolleyes:

Does anyone think David Moyes, who had a mind boggling 6 year contract, left Man United without compensation?

we are hibs
And so it continues. The club has stated she's in charge, LD has stated she's in charge, Alan Stubbs has stated she's in charge, RP has stated she's in charge.

But despite no evidence to the contrary, you know better.

Ill believe that she is fully in charge once rod Petrie has completely left the club.

Hibbyradge
11-07-2014, 08:49 AM
Allegedly in charge.

Are you calling her, and everyone else at Hibs, a liar?

down-the-slope
11-07-2014, 08:51 AM
Ill believe that she is fully in charge once rod Petrie has completely left the club.

But the new Non Exec Chairman by your logic will be in charge then :rolleyes:

we are hibs
11-07-2014, 08:51 AM
Are you calling her, and everyone else at Hibs, a liar?

Would It be wrong if I was? After all it wouldn't be the first time.

we are hibs
11-07-2014, 08:52 AM
But the new Non Exec Chairman by your logic will be in charge then :rolleyes:

We've had a CEO before but Petrie was still making the decisions. It's just my opinion though guys.

Phil D. Rolls
11-07-2014, 08:53 AM

Ah, but how can we be sure he has really left?

Hibbyradge
11-07-2014, 08:53 AM
Would It be wrong if I was? After all it wouldn't be the first time.

Yes, it would be entirely wrong. Are you?

Peevemor
11-07-2014, 08:54 AM
We've had a CEO before but Petrie was still making the decisions. It's just my opinion though guys.

Who was that then?

Bobby's Cinema
11-07-2014, 08:54 AM
f****** grow ya c***!!!!!!!
:hilarious:hilarious

we are hibs
11-07-2014, 08:55 AM
Yes, it would be entirely wrong. Are you?

How would it be wrong though?

we are hibs
11-07-2014, 08:56 AM
Who was that then?

Scott lyndsay.

Hibbyradge
11-07-2014, 08:57 AM

:thumbsup:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GtBfAMHw3v8/UUyliknFC6I/AAAAAAAAS18/be95_Zjrt20/s640/Tree+F.png

down-the-slope

you didn't answer my assertion?

By the way - please feel free to approach Leeaan and tell her you think RP's pulling her strings - so long as you video it

we are hibs
how can we be sure that dempster is fully in charge though?

Caversham Green
11-07-2014, 08:58 AM

She's said so. What makes you think she isn't?

we are hibs
11-07-2014, 08:59 AM
you didn't answer my assertion?

I believe that Rod Petrie is still the main guy in charge at Easter road.
I believe that he will still have a major say in what happens at Easter road.
all my opinion.

Jones28
**** off Butcher. Your outdated, brand of anti-football got us relegated.

Comes across as bitter and very smug about being paid to do bugger all.

Caversham Green
I believe that Rod Petrie is still the main guy in charge at Easter road.
I believe that he will still have a major say in what happens at Easter road.
all my opinion.

That tells us more about you than the club.

we are hibs
11-07-2014, 09:00 AM
She's said so. What makes you think she isn't?

Because if she's fully in charge, why is Rod Petrie still here? There is absolutely no need for him to be here.

Turkish Green
Surely a stipulation in any contract should be if you fail miserably you walk with nothing?
And who would sign such a stipulation in a contract?

A contract is a two sided mutual agreement, I doubt that with the transient nature of football, that anyone would sign a contract that is so onorously one sided.

we are hibs
That tells us more about you than the club.

my opinion though, which I'm entitled to.

Phil D. Rolls
11-07-2014, 09:01 AM

I don't know, how can I be sure you are actually reading this?

Stevie Reid
11-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Not at all surprised that he's still being paid by us - I am extremely angry at his flippant comments after what he did to us though.

Jim Duffy was a disaster, but made a dignified exit - Butcher is clearly as much of a **** as he's been made out to be.

we are hibs
11-07-2014, 09:02 AM
I don't know, how can I be sure you are actually reading this?

Because I am replying to you.

Hibbyradge
How would it be wrong though?

Because not everyone is a liar, ffs. :bitchy:

DownInAlbion
Will he not be on half wages because of relegation anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil D. Rolls
Because I am replying to you.

How do I know it's you that replied? Could be someone else with your log in.

we are hibs
11-07-2014, 09:04 AM
Because not everyone is a liar, ffs. :bitchy:
Rod Petrie has lied before though, about there being a five year plan, about having a poor 2011 and it won't be a same 2012, about it being a poor 2012 and won't be a poor 2013, like it being a poor 2013 but it won't be a poor 2014.

we are hibs
11-07-2014, 09:05 AM
How do I know it's you that replied? Could be someone else with your log in.

Because I typed in words with my fingers onto the keypad into the computer and onto hibs.net therefore onto your screen:wink:

Phil D. Rolls
11-07-2014, 09:06 AM
Because I typed in words with my fingers onto the keypad into the computer and onto hibs.net therefore your screen:wink:

I only have your word for that.

we are hibs
11-07-2014, 09:07 AM
I only have your word for that.

Same could be said for you.

Phil D. Rolls
11-07-2014, 09:10 AM
Same could be said for you.

Yes, we have to do a lot of things based on trusting what someone else says. So if Dempster says she's in charge, with no interference, I'm prepared to believe her.

Yuillsy
11-07-2014, 09:10 AM
And who would sign such a stipulation in a contract?

A contract is a two sided mutual agreement, I doubt that with the transient nature of football, that anyone would sign a contract that is so onorously one sided.
Whilst I see your point surely someone who is ambitious and driven to succeed would sign a contract like that.
Don't forget these are the same contracts that mean absolutely nothing if someone does succeed and a bigger club comes calling. The club would receive compensation in that case but usually they're just accepting it because they know they are powerless to stop the manager walking away.

Turkish Green
11-07-2014, 09:11 AM

Yes, he could install a fax machine and would never have to set foot in ER.

we are hibs
11-07-2014, 09:12 AM
Yes, we have to do a lot of things based on trusting what someone else says. So if Dempster says she's in charge, with no interference, I'm prepared to believe her.

Well I'll wait and see what happens, that's all we can do,I still have my doubts over who's in charge but I'll back her and back the team next season.

Phil D. Rolls
11-07-2014, 09:12 AM
Yes, he could install a fax machine and would never have to set foot in ER.

I prefer to believe he has telekinetic powers which mean he can inflict debilitating pain on any of his employees, at distances of up to 500 miles.

Hibbyradge
11-07-2014, 09:13 AM
Rod Petrie has lied before though, about there being a five year plan, about having a poor 2011 and it won't be a same 2012, about it being a poor 2012 and won't be a poor 2013, like it being a poor 2013 but it won't be a poor 2014.

Here you go.

lie (n)
1. a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood. Synonyms: prevarication, falsification.
2. something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture: His flashy car was a lie that deceived no one.
3. an inaccurate or false statement; a falsehood.

Aspiration (n)

1. strong desire, longing, or aim; ambition: intellectual aspirations.
2. a goal or objective desired: The presidency is the traditional aspiration of young American boys.

Phil D. Rolls
11-07-2014, 09:14 AM
Well I'll wait and see what happens, that's all we can do,I still have my doubts over who's in charge but I'll back her and back the team next season.

You've forgotten how this conversation started, haven't you.

I used to go day camps run by be YMCA, in the school holidays. Much better than wasting your time sitting about the house.

Hibbyradge
11-07-2014, 09:15 AM
Whilst I see your point surely someone who is ambitious and driven to succeed would sign a contract like that.

No-one in their right mind would sign such a contract, ambitious and driven or not.

we are hibs
11-07-2014, 09:16 AM
You've forgotten how this conversation started, haven't you.

I used to go day camps run by be YMCA, in the school holidays. Much better than wasting your time sitting about the house.

No i haven't forgotten how it started. You obviously aren't aloud an opinion on here I take it?

Hibbyradge
11-07-2014, 09:18 AM
No i haven't forgotten how it started. You obviously aren't aloud an opinion on here I take it?

Don't go in the huff, now.

Of course you're allowed an opinion.

But if you're prepared to publish it, you have to be prepared to have it challenged.

we are hibs
11-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Don't go in the huff, now.

Of course you're allowed an opinion.

But if you're prepared to publish it, you have to be prepared to have it challenged.

going in no huff, there was no need for his sarcasm at the end of the post. All I done was express my opinion.

Phil D. Rolls
11-07-2014, 09:20 AM

Aw thingmy, dinnae go upsetting yerself now. You're allowed an opinion, and other people are allowed to tell you it's wrong*. That's how message boards work.

Don't dish it out, if you can't take it back.

* or words to that effect.

Spike Mandela
11-07-2014, 09:21 AM
To be fair to 'we are Hibs' leeann, Alan Stubbs and the rest are new to the club and to Mr Petrie hence they may believe it to be true and hence aren't lying. It indeed might actually be true.

We on the other hand have had Petrie at the club a long time, we all have our opinions on the man and his actions over the years good and bad. Some may believe he is disappearing in to the shadows but others rightly might be skeptical especilly as he own 10% of the club shares.

Personally it doesn't bother me but I think it might be better for the club going forward if he severed all ties imo.

Caversham Green
11-07-2014, 09:21 AM
my opinion though, which I'm entitled to.

Indeed, but your opinion appears ill-founded and defies logic.

we are hibs
11-07-2014, 09:22 AM
Aw thingmy, dinnae go upsetting yerself now. You're allowed an opinion, and other people are allowed to tell you it's wrong*. That's how message boards work.

Don't dish it out, if you can't take it back.

* or words to that effect.

There was no need for your part at the end though, I was having a debate with you over something we both have strong feeling towards. Anyway I'm off now, enjoy your day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phil D. Rolls
11-07-2014, 09:22 AM
going in no huff, there was no need for his sarcasm at the end of the post. All I done was express my opinion.

Wtf???? :confused:

The Leith Dutch
11-07-2014, 09:23 AM

While I completely support the intention - "Hey Butcher, there's a turd the size of a dead otter and it won't flush. We're out of gloves and I need it shifted" - it would almost certainly open us up to a legal case for Constructive Dismissal :(

Phil D. Rolls
11-07-2014, 09:24 AM
There was no need for your part at the end though, I was having a debate with you over something we both have strong feeling towards. Anyway I'm off now, enjoy your day.

Sorry if I went too far. I misinterpreted the "banter". I honestly didn't realise you we're taking it seriously.

Hibbyradge
11-07-2014, 09:24 AM

You're sounding like a victim, now.

Yes, "all you done was express your opinion."

All the other folk did was disagree with it.

The real Leeann Dempster and the real Alan Stubbs have told us that Leeann is fully in charge.

Someone who may or may not be the real "we are hibs" comes along to say that he/she doesn't believe it.

Who should we believe? Whose opinion should we defend?

we are hibs
11-07-2014, 09:27 AM
You're sounding like a victim, now.

Yes, "all you done was express your opinion."

All the other folk did was disagree with it.

The real Leeann Dempster and the real Alan Stubbs have told us that Leeann is fully in charge.

Someone who may or may not be the real "we are hibs" comes along to say that he/she doesn't believe it.

Who should we believe? Whose opinion should we defend?

You and others are entitled to believe who/what you want. I expressed my opinion. If you don't agree with it that's fine.

Have a nice day now.

Keith_M
11-07-2014, 09:29 AM
Could you people give up with your bl**dy stupid arguments about Rod Petrie!!!!!

Thank you :greengrin

Peevemor
11-07-2014, 09:34 AM
Because I typed in words with my fingers onto the keypad into the computer and onto hibs.net therefore onto your screen:wink:

OK you've got that sussed. Have you checked if the bit between brain and fingers is working properly?

Lucius Apuleius
11-07-2014, 09:59 AM
I still struggle with the contracts we give to managers and players. I have worked under a contract all my life. Most I did was 11 years on a rolling 12 month contract. That one had a 3 month (90 days) notice period. Since then, up to retirement I was on contracts varying between a year and two and a half years. All these contracts also had a one month notice period. If I ***** up then I would have been given my notice and sent home that day. Gone. I would even have had my flight home deducted from my last salary. Obviously it never happened to me (:angeldevil) but I have seen it done many many times to others. I have even been instrumental in doing it to others. Not one of these contracts said that if I was dismissed I would receive the rest of my contracted salary nor that I could sit at home being paid my salary waiting for another job. Either I have worked for some dodgy companies in my life or football contracts need to be changed. As previously said, if someone comes in for the manager during his contracted period, he is allowed to resign and go to the other job (albeit compo would be required, not equal I would imagine to his full contract salary). Contracts have to work both ways and if he is allowed to walk away without a glance backwards then we should be able to dismiss people who are not up to scratch. It was also said before about KPIs etc being introduced into contracts. Absolutely sensible in my opinion. What they would be, who knows, but they should be there.

Just a wee point though. Whilst I understand the thought process behind those saying it was Petrie's fault for hiring Butcher even though the majority of us thought it was a great appointment. Yes the last call was his but let's say that Petrie saw through his shenanigans and never appointed him, how many people, no matter the outcome with the new manager, would still say Petrie was wrong and a cheapskate not to hire Butcher? Virtually every single one of us. I am still firmly in the Petrie out camp but lets not allow our dislike of the man cloud our logic.

RIP Bestie
11-07-2014, 10:12 AM
While I completely support the intention - "Hey Butcher, there's a turd the size of a dead otter and it won't flush. We're out of gloves and I need it shifted" - it would almost certainly open us up to a legal case for Constructive Dismissal :(
Yeah you're probably right but that's what makes it more frustrating.
i would pay good money to watch that c*** of a man bring treated like that. :sick:

Speedway
11-07-2014, 10:17 AM

How can we be sure David Duff and Jim Gray aren't secretly pulling the strings behind Tom Farmer?

Because if she's fully in charge, why is Rod Petrie still here? There is absolutely no need for him to be here.

Rodders Reasons to Remain

1. Protect shareholding
2. Protect STF shareholding
3. To stay in with a shout of an SFA position
4. Because he's the named Chairman
5. Because the board are happy for him to remain Chairman

No, no-one can hear you if you shout whilst typing but you are 'allowed' one.

jdships
11-07-2014, 10:20 AM
Could you people give up with your bl**dy stupid arguments about Rod Petrie!!!!!

Thank you :greengrin

Thank you , young man , that was needed !
Opinion :
" a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Says it all :greengrin

Jamesie
11-07-2014, 10:33 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/hibs-terry-butcher-on-music-politics-and-more-1-3299040

"He probably doesn’t qualify as one of the game’s most promising young bosses anymore and when I ask about ambition he again mentions retirement"

On the basis that Butcher was talking about moving to Suffolk (where he is currently residing) to retire in this article from February 2014, and will be a year or so away from 60 by the time his contract runs out, I wonder if he'll effectively treat this as early retirement?

scott7_0(Prague)
11-07-2014, 10:41 AM
This now confirms why we have Alan Stubbs as Head Coach instead of Manager! :agree:

TowerHibs
11-07-2014, 10:45 AM
I still struggle with the contracts we give to managers and players. I have worked under a contract all my life. Most I did was 11 years on a rolling 12 month contract. That one had a 3 month (90 days) notice period. Since then, up to retirement I was on contracts varying between a year and two and a half years. All these contracts also had a one month notice period. If I ***** up then I would have been given my notice and sent home that day. Gone. I would even have had my flight home deducted from my last salary. Obviously it never happened to me (:angeldevil) but I have seen it done many many times to others. I have even been instrumental in doing it to others. Not one of these contracts said that if I was dismissed I would receive the rest of my contracted salary nor that I could sit at home being paid my salary waiting for another job. Either I have worked for some dodgy companies in my life or football contracts need to be changed. As previously said, if someone comes in for the manager during his contracted period, he is allowed to resign and go to the other job (albeit compo would be required, not equal I would imagine to his full contract salary). Contracts have to work both ways and if he is allowed to walk away without a glance backwards then we should be able to dismiss people who are not up to scratch. It was also said before about KPIs etc being introduced into contracts. Absolutely sensible in my opinion. What they would be, who knows, but they should be there.

Just a wee point though. Whilst I understand the thought process behind those saying it was Petrie's fault for hiring Butcher even though the majority of us thought it was a great appointment. Yes the last call was his but let's say that Petrie saw through his shenanigans and never appointed him, how many people, no matter the outcome with the new manager, would still say Petrie was wrong and a cheapskate not to hire Butcher? Virtually every single one of us. I am still firmly in the Petrie out camp but lets not allow our dislike of the man cloud our logic.

I agree 100% but what would the PFA or League Managers Association say to their poor members being emptied??? These guys have the power over the ruling authorities.

To be fair, when managers get sacked for nothing - George Burley at Hearts, Malky McKay etc then these are the reasons pay offs exist. Think it's clear to everyone that if targets are not met (Like staying in the ****ing league) then you should be sacked without pay. Rewarding failure is rife in football

stalbanshibby
11-07-2014, 10:54 AM
This now confirms why we have Alan Stubbs as Head Coach instead of Manager! :agree:

Spot on.

What gets me about Butcher is I remember watching one of his videos on YouTube where he ran a workshop on (man) management and motivation and yet by all accounts from day 1 he told most of the senior players in the squad they would be emptied.

Seems to me he got carried away with his own hype. Arrogant twat.

If we're still paying him, I'd have him washing the players cars at East Mains. Malpas can do the polishing if the same applies to him.

Peevemor
11-07-2014, 11:14 AM
Terry Butcher's green fingered army! Terry Butcher's green fingered army! Terry Butcher's green fingered army! ...

Lester B
11-07-2014, 11:19 AM
Terry Butcher's green fingered army! Terry Butcher's green fingered army! Terry Butcher's green fingered army! ...

:top marks

Bristolhibby
11-07-2014, 11:26 AM

This. However for all we know they might have taken a 20% cut to just "off fok" so this might benefit Hibs.

He does sound incredible disrespectful to Hibs. Basically laughing that us the fans are paying him handsomely to sit and do bugger all.

TBF to Petrie, all football managers get paid until they get another job or agree a severance package.

J

The_Horde
11-07-2014, 11:28 AM

I'm sure Fenlon was (and might still be) on gardening leave but Butcher was appointed manager.

He's been relieved of his duties - removed from the role. If we wanted to appoint stubbs as manager we would've but we're going for a revamp.

I wanted TB to stay but reading that I was wrong. Should never have appointed the Tory hun.

CyberSauzee
11-07-2014, 11:28 AM
FFS, an article telling me we're paying TB to prune his bigonias and how nice they are looking.

What next, MM on his vegetable patch telling us how to combat carrot fly?

Depressed beyond tablets.

The_Horde
11-07-2014, 11:31 AM
I hope he's broken confidentiality and we can stop paying him.

scott7_0(Prague)
11-07-2014, 11:51 AM
;4093734']I'm sure Fenlon was (and might still be) on gardening leave but Butcher was appointed manager.

He's been relieved of his duties - removed from the role. If we wanted to appoint stubbs as manager we would've but we're going for a revamp.

Believe what you want. :wink::greengrin

3pm
11-07-2014, 11:56 AM
I still can't believe there wasn't a relegation clause in the contract. :rolleyes:

Kato
11-07-2014, 12:08 PM

This.

woodythehibee
11-07-2014, 12:19 PM
I still can't believe there wasn't a relegation clause in the contract. :rolleyes:

Perhaps a cut of his wages, just as the players took.

Stevie Reid
11-07-2014, 12:29 PM
Perhaps a cut of his wages, just as the players took.

Relegation was such a remote possibility when he arrived that I doubt that there was anything written into Butcher's contract, unfortunately.

Gus
11-07-2014, 12:32 PM
I personally feel if he is doing any form of TV/Radio work this should be deemed paid employment & gardening leave stops.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-07-2014, 12:54 PM
Nothing like a huge pile of stinking manure to get a garden growing well, and if Bootcher's gardening prowess comes anyway near his football management skills, then I guess his garden is some sight.

easty
11-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Relegation was such a remote possibility when he arrived that I doubt that there was anything written into Butcher's contract, unfortunately.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't. Given that it seems to have been in all the players contracts, I see nae reason why the management would be any different. It's probably a standard clause in Hibs contracts.

Stevie Reid
11-07-2014, 01:08 PM
I'd be surprised if there wasn't. Given that it seems to have been in all the players contracts, I see nae reason why the management would be any different. It's probably a standard clause in Hibs contracts.

I certainly hope so! I know the square root of **** all about football contracts, so I'm happy to go with you on this one.

easty
11-07-2014, 01:10 PM
I certainly hope so! I know the square root of **** all about football contracts, so I'm happy to go with you on this one.

Neither do I, but if we were routinely putting that clause into the players contracts, the management should probably get treated the same. A clause like that is about protecting the club financially if we do go down, the only way I would imagine it wasn't in the contract is if Butcher kicked up a fuss about it in the beginning, but doing that doesn't really show that you're confident you can do the job.

But, like I said, its total guesswork from me.

connerg
11-07-2014, 01:20 PM

Me too, maybe it was discussed but Butcher and Malpas said no. Petrie wanted his man at this point and thought we were safe anyway.

TRC
11-07-2014, 01:28 PM
What slimey individual having a laugh at being paid to potter about in his garden. While we are left with his god awful legacy. Mans a clown got found out we should have known how bad he was going to be was part of George Burley's team. How can he have the cheek to draw a wage after the most terrible run of results. Any other profession in the world and he would have been given his jotters.

stoneyburn hibs
11-07-2014, 02:28 PM
Hope his next ***** is a giant marrow.

Keith_M
11-07-2014, 02:53 PM
Dirty Money-Grabbing Tory Unionist Anti-Independence Hun!!!!!

:grr:

There, I feel better now :greengrin

jacomo
11-07-2014, 03:03 PM

I still can't believe he didn't offer his resignation there and then. Relegation was indeed a remote possibility when he was appointed - a man of integrity would have done the honourable thing.

HappyAsHellas
11-07-2014, 03:10 PM
I still can't believe he didn't offer his resignation there and then. Relegation was indeed a remote possibility when he was appointed - a man of integrity would have done the honourable thing.

Speaking of integrity is relatively simple, however, if I had mucked up big time at a former employer who then went on to honour my contract financially, would I have the integrity to say no? Aye right.....:greengrin

jacomo
11-07-2014, 04:28 PM
Speaking of integrity is relatively simple, however, if I had mucked up big time at a former employer who then went on to honour my contract financially, would I have the integrity to say no? Aye right.....:greengrin

Fair point. But I imagine Mr B is fairly well off.

Hibbyradge
11-07-2014, 04:37 PM
Paying his salary is a cheaper option for Hibs than if they'd paid him the compensation to which he was entitled.

Borderhibbie76
11-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Filled with rage reading this...what joke. Only football could u still get for making a "cu next Tuesday" of your job. Had I performed so miserably at my job...id be staring at my P45...shocking!! Well done Petrie!!!

Hibbyradge
11-07-2014, 04:51 PM
Filled with rage reading this...what joke. Only football could u still get for making a "cu next Tuesday" of your job. Had I performed so miserably at my job...id be staring at my P45...shocking!! Well done Petrie!!!

:rolleyes:

"Only football" then "Well done Petire". Which is it?

What should Petrie have done? Every manager's contract entitles them to compensation if their services are dispensed with before the end date.

Do you think David Moyes walked away from Man U without compensation?

Had I performed so miserably at my job...id be staring at my P45...shocking!!

Are you under contract?

Borderhibbie76
11-07-2014, 04:55 PM
What petrie shouldn't have done was give him and malpas 3 and half year watertight contracts, same mistakes he made with previous managers. Why was there no relegation clause negotiated into their contracts? I thought Petrie was supposed to be a master negotiator?? Not this time, like with Yogi and Collins we are again left paying managers who no longer work for us!!

Kaiser1962
11-07-2014, 05:12 PM
What petrie shouldn't have done was give him and malpas 3 and half year watertight contracts, same mistakes he made with previous managers. Why was there no relegation clause negotiated into their contracts? I thought Petrie was supposed to be a master negotiator?? Not this time, like with Yogi and Collins we are again left paying managers who no longer work for us!!

I dont think Hibs are any different from anybody else. It's just football.

Hibbyradge
11-07-2014, 05:25 PM
What petrie shouldn't have done was give him and malpas 3 and half year watertight contracts, same mistakes he made with previous managers.

You should enter into the hind-sight championships. I'd put money on you. :wink:

Maybe Butcher and Co wouldn't leave ICT without some job security, particularly as Hibs have been shedding managers for fun.

Why was there no relegation clause negotiated into their contracts?

How do you know there wasn't?

The players had one. I expect the coaching staff did too.

Beefster
11-07-2014, 06:48 PM
Paying his salary is a cheaper option for Hibs than if they'd paid him the compensation to which he was entitled.

Aye, it's all very well being logical and pragmatic but we're being held to a contract. It's outrageous. It's not like we expect in-demand Hibs players or managers to honour contracts or anything.

Carheenlea
11-07-2014, 07:08 PM
How do you know there wasn't?

The players had one. I expect the coaching staff did too.

If they are on gardening leave as such, it does not really look like it.

(((Fergus)))
11-07-2014, 07:25 PM
I dont think Hibs are any different from anybody else. It's just football.

Celtic had Lennon on a rolling contract. I very much doubt that would be a hinderance to a manager who genuinely thought he could succeed with Hibs.

Hibbyradge
11-07-2014, 09:47 PM
If they are on gardening leave as such, it does not really look like it.

Yes it does.

The players' contracts stipulated that their salaries would reduce should the team be relegated.

Same applied to the coaching staff.

BSEJVT
11-07-2014, 09:48 PM
Another entirely depressing Hibs Net thread.

Just because certain posters don't think or don't like that something is the case doesn't make it any less so.

All the ranting and anguish about it, doesn't change it one iota.

Maybe if we started looking forward instead of back and shed the cloak of negativity worn close by so many, things would improve?

It's ****ing awful and embarrassing how badly we have ****ed things up, but we have, it's written into history.

Do you want to wallow in the misery of it all or start fighting back?

We have got to end the cycle if negativity, if we are to begin our recovery.

Butcher is into all this psychobabble, he will be pishing himself at the outrage his apparently innocuous comments have provoked.

Hibbyradge
11-07-2014, 10:05 PM
Another entirely depressing Hibs Net thread.

Just because certain posters don't think or don't like that something is the case doesn't make it any less so.

All the ranting and anguish about it, doesn't change it one iota.

Maybe if we started looking forward instead of back and shed the cloak of negativity worn close by so many, things would improve?

It's ****ing awful and embarrassing how badly we have ****ed things up, but we have, it's written into history.

Do you want to wallow in the misery of it all or start fighting back?

We have got to end the cycle if negativity, if we are to begin our recovery.

Butcher is into all this psychobabble, he will be pishing himself at the outrage his apparently innocuous comments have provoked.

I concur.

Apart from the phrase "psychobabble".

But we can discuss that later. :wink:

TRC
12-07-2014, 01:11 AM
My question is if we had stayed up would he have been kept on?

Boyle89
12-07-2014, 01:25 AM
What a ****ing dick! Cracking jokes. He should be hiding under a rock for a good time to come. How we couldn't just sack him for nothing due to being gash is beyond me!
Hope his garden dies and he gets stung by bees everyday! Didn't think I could dislike someone more than calderwood but I do!

DH1875
12-07-2014, 07:33 AM

Yip, RP is to blame for a lot of things but this aint one of them.

blackpoolhibs
12-07-2014, 07:54 AM
Yip, RP is to blame for a lot of things but this aint one of them.

He appointed Butcher, and just a brief look at his career showed just how badly he'd done everywhere bar a short period of time at ICT.

O course Petrie takes a huge slice of the blame for his appointment and where we are now, along with the other welts he's put in charge of the team.

Phil D. Rolls
12-07-2014, 08:12 AM
What a ****ing dick! Cracking jokes. He should be hiding under a rock for a good time to come. How we couldn't just sack him for nothing due to being gash is beyond me!
Hope his garden dies and he gets stung by bees everyday! Didn't think I could dislike someone more than calderwood but I do!

By the sound of things, you've got plenty more in the tank. :whistle:

Russ
12-07-2014, 09:28 AM
I think the article says more about Butcher than Petrie 2bh.

The article has actually filled me with rage. He seems to be bragging about his garden and enjoying being out of football.

That man, and that man alone, sucked this club lower than I believed possible. He should be utterly embarrassed and ashamed.

We all know how the press can spin a story, but let's all forget about that eh. BTW Le God as he is called on here did the exact same thing, and he was taking 2 wages, as a player and a manager.

craigmounthibby
12-07-2014, 08:51 PM
We should all hope Butcher changes his tune & gets another job soon.....otherwise we'll be paying him for another 2 years. Other posters are correct in saying Pat Fenlon was also paid until his contract expired in June. Scott Thomson too.....although I'm unsure if his contract has expired. I expect the reason we haven't paid him and Malpas off, is because we can't afford it - name season ticket sales = name cash in the bank.

Kaiser1962
12-07-2014, 10:17 PM
Celtic had Lennon on a rolling contract. I very much doubt that would be a hinderance to a manager who genuinely thought he could succeed with Hibs.

That is very rare to sign a manager on a rolling contract from the off. They are usually once managers have been there a few seasons and things are going well.

Forza Fred
12-07-2014, 11:09 PM
We should all hope Butcher changes his tune & gets another job soon.....otherwise we'll be paying him for another 2 years. Other posters are correct in saying Pat Fenlon was also paid until his contract expired in June. Scott Thomson too.....although I'm unsure if his contract has expired. I expect the reason we haven't paid him and Malpas off, is because we can't afford it - name season ticket sales = name cash in the bank.

while I am glad Butcher and co are gone, and wish we could do other things with cash I am not unhappy that we honour a contract we entered into.

We berate clubs who go into administration, rob charities and then emerge debt free as 'cheats' so if we really DO believe in 'sporting integrity' then surely we should practice what we preach, and not try and renege on contracts

Oh, and before we enter into contracts, we should choose a bit more wisely.

I n this case it's not Butcher's fault, it's ours for employing him in the first place.

Lucius Apuleius
13-07-2014, 08:06 AM
Should also write better contracts Forza.

MWHIBBIES
13-07-2014, 08:35 AM
my opinion though, which I'm entitled to.Talking rubbish and then saying ''oh but its my opinion'' doesn't make it not rubbish.

we are hibs
13-07-2014, 09:07 AM
Talking rubbish and then saying ''oh but its my opinion'' doesn't make it not rubbish.

Very good

Forza Fred
13-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Should also write better contracts Forza.

Agreed.:agree:

thebakerboy
13-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Obviously it is cheaper in the short term to pay a monthly amount rather than pay full contract up front allows us to pay players or signing on fees.

silverhibee
14-07-2014, 07:23 PM
He appointed Butcher, and just a brief look at his career showed just how badly he'd done everywhere bar a short period of time at ICT.

O course Petrie takes a huge slice of the blame for his appointment and where we are now, along with the other welts he's put in charge of the team.

Where does the money come from to pay these managers while they do the gardening, ST money or some other revenue, is that Butcher Malpas and good guy Pat that Hibs are still paying, and is Rod taking a wage from the club right now.

Rods not to blame. :faf: