PDA

View Full Version : Is Mick Jagger a Hibee?!

Paperboy
09-07-2014, 09:35 PM
Noticed on the interweb that Mick jagger is apparently the biggest footballing jinx around. Every team he's backed in the World Cup since 2010 has been defeated.

in this World Cup he sent a good luck message to England who were knocked out, he then tipped Portugal to win the tournament and they didn't make the second round and he also backed Italy to win before their lose to Uruguay.

he then went to cheer on Brazil on ply for them to get hammered by Germany.

Maybe he's one of the famous Hibs fans and his continuous support is leading to our downfall. If so, I wonder if he fancies a season ticket for. Tynecastle...

The_Exile
09-07-2014, 10:09 PM
My eldest has been to 14 games, and not a single victory amongst them. I'm dragging him along to every game with me next year in the hope it'll break the jinx.

Mr White
09-07-2014, 10:11 PM
Just goes to show you can't always get what you want.

over the line
09-07-2014, 10:25 PM
My eldest has been to 14 games, and not a single victory amongst them. I'm dragging him along to every game with me next year in the hope it'll break the jinx.

Never mind you taking him to every game, do you think he would be interested in a season ticket sat next to Mick Jagger at Tynecastle? ;)

Bostonhibby
09-07-2014, 10:53 PM
Rhyming slang for Lager so every chance he could even be a player:-)

iwasthere1972
09-07-2014, 11:02 PM

Are you Terry Butcher's dad? :greengrin

over the line
09-07-2014, 11:08 PM
are you terry butcher's dad? :greengrin

Good one :D

#2 Double Tap
10-07-2014, 12:37 AM

14 GAMES - man get that laddie in a box and stuff him under a bed for the whole of next season :P

heretoday
10-07-2014, 06:50 AM
Jagger is supposed to be an Arsenal fan which might explain their lack of success in the last few years!

brog
10-07-2014, 06:59 AM
He hates paying tax, the Stones once postponed a tour for nearly 2 years for tax advantages so there's really only 2 Scottish teams he could support! Personally I think he would be a good match for the PBS monster who appears on here occasionally. :wink:

oramhibee
10-07-2014, 08:28 AM
Took my cousin to a few games, unbeaten in all of them, so then I took him to the 2012 Scottish Cup Final...

Conrad Gray
10-07-2014, 09:25 AM
Was there not an attempt to get Jagger to wear a Hand of Hibs T-shirt on stage during the Mercer takeover?

The_Exile
10-07-2014, 09:29 AM
Are you Terry Butcher's dad? :greengrin

:faf:

Was thinking of sending him to Tynecastle with his uncle as a punishment, but alas I'm no that cruel :greengrin

Paisley Hibby
10-07-2014, 11:16 AM

And I can't get no satisfaction :greengrin

WeeRussell
10-07-2014, 11:22 AM
He used to love Hibs, but it's all over now.

WeeRussell
10-07-2014, 11:47 AM
He came to Easter Road with visions of paradise but now they're all shattered. Told Butcher "I've Had it with you" after warning him this could be the last time if things aren't kept respectable but I'm sure he's dying to tell hibs, "I Miss you." You could say he's stuck between a rock and a hard place.. it's little wonder Hibs fans have sympathy for the devil.

Jagger says it's now up to Stubbs to "Start me up and get me excited about Hibs again" and give him and fellow Hibbies a little "Satisfaction" but fears Petrie has warned Dempster - you're under my thumb. Other Hibs fans are trusting Dempster and she does come across professional with that wee scarf of hers - she's so cold.

Down the road apiece; neighbours Hearts continue to owe money from everything from brown sugar to Black limousines - they insist they have now paid back the charity and are back to zero.. regardless of whether this is true or not -It's been a long, long while. Jagger still believes there will be cries from Gorgie of gimme shelter as Tynecastle is taken away in a jumpin jack flash - Jagger and his Hibbies will be quick to remind them there ain't no use in crying.

In summary, we didn't get Mowbray (they used to call him a monkey man) but Jagger would be a fool to cry as we now have Stubbs. Hang fire all you doubters and let's see if he can make a connection, now we've got rid of Butcher and his dirty work. No more "George St culture" as where the boys all go once turned a player into a street fighting man.

Things are looking up - I heard one of our many sources on our very own hibs.net rumours page feels a Ruby Tuesday coming on.

Sorry.

7 Hills
10-07-2014, 11:53 AM
I heard that he favours Aberdeen, hence the Stones' song "Hey, MacLeod! Get affa ma ewe!"

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-07-2014, 11:57 AM
I think he was part of the concert held to celebrate the opening of Heart's main stand, and he has had a soft spot for them ever since.

The Green Goblin
10-07-2014, 12:16 PM
I actually teach his (Brasilian) son, the one he was at the Brasil - Germany game with. I will make sure I persuade him to tell his dad to back the yams from now on....just in case.

Hibbyradge
10-07-2014, 12:50 PM

And I can't get no satisfaction :greengrin

He used to love Hibs, but it's all over now.

I heard that he favours Aberdeen, hence the Stones' song "Hey, MacLeod! Get affa ma ewe!"

Rolling Stones puns, eh?:rolleyes:

Don't start me up.