PDA

View Full Version : Let's Work Together Anyone going to the meeting tonight give us an update?

PatHead
09-07-2014, 04:46 PM
Can't make it tonight but would appreciate finding out what is discussed.

TheFamous1875
09-07-2014, 09:39 PM
Is just like to reiterate this if it's alright. Cheers in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

oconnors_strip
09-07-2014, 10:21 PM
Can't make it tonight but would appreciate finding out what is discussed.

Not much was discussed as we had an excellent tour of the training centre then Stubbs and George craig spoke to us for a while, telling us their plans and visions for the club. Then there was a short q&a with them, both answered open and honestly and impressed me with the changes they want to do to the club from the players to the staffing to the facilities.

Then a brief working together update from 3 people as we were running out of time.

oconnors_strip
09-07-2014, 10:29 PM
I should have said it was George craig and Alan Stubbs who gave us the guided tour and spoke in depth about the facilities and changes.

Lester B
09-07-2014, 10:35 PM
Not much was discussed as we had an excellent tour of the training centre then Stubbs and George craig spoke to us for a while, telling us their plans and visions for the club. Then there was a short q&a with them, both answered open and honestly and impressed me with the changes they want to do to the club from the players to the staffing to the facilities.

Then a brief working together update from 3 people as we were running out of time.

George Craig certainly can talk!! Full of enthusiasm. Stubbs came over very well indeed. Thoughtful, funny and excited by the prospect of his job. Reiterated that they are working hard to bring in players but keen to stress the quality rather than quantity.

One scary moment: As part of the tour we went to the first team changing rooms. One of the lockers still has Vine's name on it!!!

oconnors_strip
09-07-2014, 10:44 PM
George Craig certainly can talk!! Full of enthusiasm. Stubbs came over very well indeed. Thoughtful, funny and excited by the prospect of his job. Reiterated that they are working hard to bring in players but keen to stress the quality rather than quantity.

One scary moment: As part of the tour we went to the first team changing rooms. One of the lockers still has Vine's name on it!!!

Did you see the locker beside that had a ? On it. Potential new signing? :greengrin

bigstu
09-07-2014, 10:59 PM
What did they both say during the tour?

hibs4thecup1988
09-07-2014, 11:53 PM

This is the changing rooms. Here's the canteen. And this is where they play the ps3. We didn't get them ps4 as they got relegated.

Sorry. Couldn't resist :Greengrin:

Gerard
10-07-2014, 09:46 AM
This is the changing rooms. Here's the canteen. And this is where they play the ps3. We didn't get them ps4 as they got relegated.

Sorry. Couldn't resist :Greengrin:

When we get promotion thet will get the new X Box and games:wink:

oconnors_strip
10-07-2014, 10:27 AM

Explained about using the gym during pre season, what the players do in there to build up their core to be stronger, run quicker, jump higher. We will be employing full time sports scientist to aid Alan with this during the season aswell. Showed us the changing room, said how it's a work place just like going to an office. Alan explained the benefits of the bath tubs which are for ice baths and helping the players recover quicker. Then we moved to the indoor barn, the players have had yoyo testing there to see who is fit and their stamina. Both Alan and George find it fantastic facility to have when the weather isn't great. We then went outside and were told about the 5 full sized pitches, each one will be used for different types of training and teams from the 1st team to the academy lads.

George can talk for hours and is very passionate about hibs and changing things to make us a stronger and better team on and off of the pitch. And so is Alan, think he won't take any negatives from any player. He said if a player doesn't give 100% he won't play the following week.

Argylehibby
10-07-2014, 12:14 PM
Another snippet or 2 from last night from AS on the appointment of his assistant John Doolan.

AS said that he had known JD for many many years and wanted him as his assistant when he got a managers job. When he got the job here he immediately contacted JD but thought he had little chance in getting him to leave Wigan for us. He added the press had been a bit mischieveous in describing his role at Wigan as U18 coach and in truth JD had been coaching the first team there for a number of months. Wigan wanted him to stay on as a first team coach but JD was unhappy with some things there and decided to join AS here. AS was surprised but delighted.

On the recruitment of players AS explained that he got hundreds of calls about, and videos of, players from the moment he was appointed. He would trust certain agents more than others however. He said "look at the videos and they can all play like Ronaldo" but he needs to get more info on them from other sources. He cited right back as a position and said he looks to get answers on things like how many decent crosses does he get in, whats his pace and stamina like, how good is he at covering the back post, how good is he 1 on 1 both attacking and defending, what distance does he cover during a game etc. He went on to explain Moyes would watch a player as many as 15 /20 time before making a decision but he would decide a lot quicker. AS finished that topic by saying that he was not worried about taking a day or 2 extra to be sure rather than take a risk that backfires.

He also suggested last minute transfer deadline days signings could be risky so for those of you who set up for the night with the carry out and nibbles, it may be a waste of time from now on.

Keith_M
10-07-2014, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the Feedback guys.

:thumbsup:

Lester B
10-07-2014, 01:18 PM
Another snippet or 2 from last night from AS on the appointment of his assistant John Doolan.

AS said that he had known JD for many many years and wanted him as his assistant when he got a managers job. When he got the job here he immediately contacted JD but thought he had little chance in getting him to leave Wigan for us. He added the press had been a bit mischieveous in describing his role at Wigan as U18 coach and in truth JD had been coaching the first team there for a number of months. Wigan wanted him to stay on as a first team coach but JD was unhappy with some things there and decided to join AS here. AS was surprised but delighted.

On the recruitment of players AS explained that he got hundreds of calls about, and videos of, players from the moment he was appointed. He would trust certain agents more than others however. He said "look at the videos and they can all play like Ronaldo" but he needs to get more info on them from other sources. He cited right back as a position and said he looks to get answers on things like how many decent crosses does he get in, whats his pace and stamina like, how good is he at covering the back post, how good is he 1 on 1 both attacking and defending, what distance does he cover during a game etc. He went on to explain Moyes would watch a player as many as 15 /20 time before making a decision but he would decide a lot quicker. AS finished that topic by saying that he was not worried about taking a day or 2 extra to be sure rather than take a risk that backfires.

He also suggested last minute transfer deadline days signings could be risky so for those of you who set up for the night with the carry out and nibbles, it may be a waste of time from now on.

Alan was also very keen to acknowledge that fans were concerned about the lack of a keeper so far. He did say with a smile that one agent had offered him a list of eight earlier in the day!!!

If there was one message I took above all from last night is that the new people at Hibs are aware of how bad things had got but they saw no need to dwell on it. They want to move upwards and onwards.

Entered the meeting feeling cynical but the enthusiasm of both George and Alan meant I am now actually looking forward to the new season.

Billy Whizz
10-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Explained about using the gym during pre season, what the players do in there to build up their core to be stronger, run quicker, jump higher. We will be employing full time sports scientist to aid Alan with this during the season aswell. Showed us the changing room, said how it's a work place just like going to an office. Alan explained the benefits of the bath tubs which are for ice baths and helping the players recover quicker. Then we moved to the indoor barn, the players have had yoyo testing there to see who is fit and their stamina. Both Alan and George find it fantastic facility to have when the weather isn't great. We then went outside and were told about the 5 full sized pitches, each one will be used for different types of training and teams from the 1st team to the academy lads.

George can talk for hours and is very passionate about hibs and changing things to make us a stronger and better team on and off of the pitch. And so is Alan, think he won't take any negatives from any player. He said if a player doesn't give 100% he won't play the following week.

Nikki, thanks for the update

PeterboroHibee
10-07-2014, 01:33 PM

Interesting to hear Stubbs' take on bringing in players and the research he does. I remember seeing a piece about the approach Moyes took to transfers (possibly on SSN) which was exactly as you mention, where Im sure he had a room full of information on players they had watched 15 times, with 3 or 4 guys identified for every position. Its clearly had a positive impact on Stubbs, and its good to hear!

Pedantic_Hibee
10-07-2014, 03:33 PM
My deadline day thread has just taken a hit. Cheers, "Stubbsy". Prick.

Mibbes Aye
10-07-2014, 04:22 PM
My deadine day thread has just taken a hit. Cheers, "Stubbsy". Prick.

:agree:

Selfish ****

Stubbs out, someone who appreciates the sublime and aesthetic qualities of a deadline day transfer thread in.

PatHead
10-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the updates. See you all next month

Jonnyboy
10-07-2014, 06:54 PM
Alan was also very keen to acknowledge that fans were concerned about the lack of a keeper so far. He did say with a smile that one agent had offered him a list of eight earlier in the day!!!

If there was one message I took above all from last night is that the new people at Hibs are aware of how bad things had got but they saw no need to dwell on it. They want to move upwards and onwards.

Entered the meeting feeling cynical but the enthusiasm of both George and Alan meant I am now actually looking forward to the new season.

Typical Hibs, doing things back to front :wink: :greengrin

oconnors_strip
10-07-2014, 07:26 PM
one thing alan did say was he wants results first then a performance on the park. :agree::flag:

Hermit Crab
10-07-2014, 07:30 PM
Putting an end to transfer deadline day thread!!!!! Stubbs out. :tee hee:

Viva_Palmeiras
10-07-2014, 09:03 PM
one thing alan did say was he wants results first then a performance on the park. :agree::flag:

Just like Malpas then ;)

Viva_Palmeiras
10-07-2014, 09:04 PM
Putting an end to transfer deadline day thread!!!!! Stubbs out. :tee hee:

He can only pull the bluff once so why not...?

oconnors_strip
10-07-2014, 09:26 PM
Just like Malpas then ;)

I actually believe Stubbs when he said it though

The Pointer
10-07-2014, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the posts from those who were at East Mains.

In the past it's been difficult to ascertain exactly what has been happening such was the level of secrecy, actual or perceived. Little news of any import or interest seemed to come out of ER or EM, possibly due to the way Rod Petrie like to do things, or maybe it was just the managers didn't think it was important. For a club of our size, there never seemed to be anything to report.

Probably for the first time I feel there is some professionalism being brought into the club and which I think should ultimately give us the edge. The appointments while slow to appear initially, seem to be quality and I'm delighted to see a Sports Scientist coming in along with the dietary changes. For that I think we can all thank Leeann Dempster for starting the ball rolling.

Whether this all works when the players turn out on a rainy, cold evening in January remains to be seen but a good start to the season is obviously going to bring back the feel good factor for fans, management and players alike and help the bonding process for all concerned. Remember, all the new guys are like new boys in a school with no mates and they've got to do good things to get the rest (us) on their side.

Like everyone else, I've been completely hacked off for the last few weeks (and as I've said elsewhere still can't get the Malmo game and the Tynecastle debacles out of my system), but with all the various issues seemingly being addressed in a determined, modern, professional manner I think it'll take time but there could be light at the end of the tunnel.

Just hope I'm saying that in six months time.

:flag:

FranckSuzy
10-07-2014, 11:40 PM
George Craig made an interesting point about British Cycling and their focus on 0.1% improvements. Those eventually all came together to give them a competitive edge over other countries, from simple things such as redesigning the cycling helmet so it was more aerodynamically efficient and such-like. That is their plan for Hibs: tweaks, improvements, upgrades, buying in to the changes and all-round positivity, so it all matters :aok:

Ozyhibby
10-07-2014, 11:48 PM
Wish I could have made it but I had to work. Sounds like they are finally implementing some of things that people on here have been talking about for the last 5 years. Let's hope we see early benefits.

down-the-slope
11-07-2014, 08:55 AM
George Craig made an interesting point about British Cycling and their focus on 0.1% improvements. Those eventually all came together to give them a competitive edge over other countries, from simple things such as redesigning the cycling helmet so it was more aerodynamically efficient and such-like. That is their plan for Hibs: tweaks, improvements, upgrades, buying in to the changes and all-round positivity, so it all matters :aok:

For nerds out there its called 'the amalgamation of marginal gains' :nerd:

stu in nottingham
11-07-2014, 10:24 AM
The club, through these individuals, are saying many of the right things and seem to have some good, constructive ideas about the way things can be taken forward from here. They must now 'walk the walk' and in turn the supporters need to have the patience to allow them to implement these plans, something that's not necessarily always been in evidence.

Seriously, without wishing to be churlish amongst a sea of positive ideas and concepts, one idea that caught my attention was the one regarding a group of people being involved in selecting new playing personnel for the club. I only mention this as a similar arrangement existed at one of my local clubs, Nottingham Forest, where they had a 'transfer acquisition panel' nominally headed by David Pleat. In most fans' eyes this turned out to be something of a disaster, with one (very disliked and unrated) individual appearing to have a lot of power over transfer signings and the manager stymied in his movements.

Pleat, however, defended the panel rigorously on many occasions, claiming that the manager had the final say on acquisitions and that 'every' club had such a committee. No one particularly believed him and the club's transfer dealings tended to back their view.

I think the point is that the authority to sign certain players must clearly remain the Head Coach's. This was not the case at Forest, the majority would say. As long as there is clarity regarding that then it should, in theory, be helpful.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/nottm_forest/8585070.stm

Many thanks to the attendees for their updates.

Argylehibby
11-07-2014, 10:48 AM
The club, through these individuals, are saying many of the right things and seem to have some good, constructive ideas about the way things can be taken forward from here. They must now 'walk the walk' and in turn the supporters need to have the patience to allow them to implement these plans, something that's not necessarily always been in evidence.

Seriously, without wishing to be churlish amongst a sea of positive ideas and concepts, one idea that caught my attention was the one regarding a group of people being involved in selecting new playing personnel for the club. I only mention this as a similar arrangement existed at one of my local clubs, Nottingham Forest, where they had a 'transfer acquisition panel' nominally headed by David Pleat. In most fans' eyes this turned out to be something of a disaster, with one (very disliked and unrated) individual appearing to have a lot of power over transfer signings and the manager stymied in his movements.

Pleat, however, defended the panel rigorously on many occasions, claiming that the manager had the final say on acquisitions and that 'every' club had such a committee. No one particularly believed him and the club's transfer dealings tended to back their view.

I think the point is that the authority to sign certain players must clearly remain the Head Coach's. This was not the case at Forest, the majority would say. As long as there is clarity regarding that then it should, in theory, be helpful.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/nottm_forest/8585070.stm

Many thanks to the attendees for their updates.

AS was very clear that he and he alone would decide who was brought in to the club.

stu in nottingham
11-07-2014, 10:57 AM
AS was very clear that he and he alone would decide who was brought in to the club.

So was the Forest manager at the time.

Ozyhibby
11-07-2014, 11:02 AM

I think he said he had final say, which I took to mean he had a veto. Not quite the same as him alone deciding.

Lester B
11-07-2014, 11:10 AM
Typical Hibs, doing things back to front :wink: :greengrin

Are you enjoying the hair splitting convention you are attending JC? :na na:

southsider
11-07-2014, 05:47 PM
As said he did not relish coming to ER as a player the way we got behind out team. Wants away teams to feat coming to ER and NOT our players. Stressed we are all in this together and we all must play our part.

Baldy Foghorn
11-07-2014, 06:47 PM
As said he did not relish coming to ER as a player the way we got behind out team. Wants away teams to feat coming to ER and NOT our players. Stressed we are all in this together and we all must play our part.

Every manager wants ER to be a fortress......Unbelievably some players were scared to play at home....We must all do our part in being more supportive next season, mistakes will be made on the field, it's how us fans react to them.....Let's do our bit.....:flag:

Jonnyboy
11-07-2014, 06:47 PM
Are you enjoying the hair splitting convention you are attending JC? :na na:

Loving it :aok:

ronaldo7
12-07-2014, 09:37 AM
This is my note of the meeting held last Wednesday.

The Working Together meeting was held at the Hibernian Training Centre on Wednesday 9th July and was attended by nearly 40 people who were there representing various groups of the Hibernian family.

Prior to the meeting the group were taken for a walk around the Training Centre which was led by George Craig, who was joined by Alan Stubbs.

George started by taking us into the gym area and said that he was delighted to have the facilities on hand to put into place all the work he had planned for the team. He said that they had been doing "triple" sessions, and that they had started the assessments on all of the players. Bikes and weights were evident and have been used to build up core muscles.

Each player would have an individual plan to work on whereas previously it had been a general fitness plan for all. The players have all bought into the new ways of working, with one player even phoning the dietitian to say he was out shopping and what type of foods he should be getting.
George mentioned that Sports science was the way forward and would cover it more in detail later on.

Went into the First team changing room where Alan and George discussed it being the workplace, and the use of ice baths to remove lactic acid.

We then moved out to covered "barn" area, where George said that the team had been going through fitness training (the beep test). All players had been through it, and when they get down to the last couple of players, the ones who have dropped out are then encouraging the others to go and win it. Even when we get to the last player, he is encouraged to go the distance and beat his own personal best. The barn is also used for the rest of the lads at the academy during the cold winter evenings.

We then went outside to view the pitches, where Alan took more control, and spoke passionately about being here at Hibernian and said that it was a dream move for him. He wants to get things right, and we need to get the best start we can.

We then moved back inside, with George again taking the lead, and giving us a brief feedback of how he got into the game. When Leeann approached him about the job at Hibs he said he was delighted, and the two of them clicked. He knew what Leeann had been doing regarding community relationships at Motherwell, and is looking forward to developing those links at Hibernian.

There was then a discussion about how we move forward as a Club, and how everyone had a part to play, fitness coach, head coach, physio, supporters. We all had a part to play, and if we're all pulling together we can get the job done.

George spoke about how we now go about recruiting players. This won't be done by 1 person, it will be done thought a number of people at the club, and not just the scouts. There will be a recruitment department, and at this time they are having meetings every morning to discuss players. Player identification is done in a number of ways, but we will be looking at the level of ability, what the club is looking for in a player, and can he fit our style of play. We will then bring this all together, and hopefully get it right more often than not. George then spoke about how you can get just a wee bit more out of things, and said that British Cycling had done this by looking at every aspect of their sport. Someone would look at the helmet and re-designed it, someone looked at the bike, and someone on the cyclist, bringing all this together they could get an edge on the other teams and win Gold. George was looking to bring this degree of precision to Hibernian.

Alan said he was looking for a vast improvement from the players. Some would be about 5-10%, whilst others would be 15-20%. He said that sometimes people only set a benchmark so they can achieve it. The benchmark at Hibernian will be lifted, and you will see it very early. He wants quality over quantity, this came through a number of times. He mentioned that he had been offered 250 players from agents, and it takes time to go through the information on them. He said that you had to be wary of some agents as they will send 15 minute clips of the players doing all the right things, and nothing wrong. He mention that he had good grounding on how he should go about things and mentioned David Moyes going to see players 15-20 times before making a decision on them. Alan will be using many methods to assess, and sign players but will probably see them around 6 times. In depth analysis of each player will be done prior to signing anyone.

Alan mentioned that we were close to signing another player, he wouldn't say who, but went on to mention David Gray, and how he was delighted to get him into Hibs. He said he is a good signing with lots of energy who can create and stop goals.

Alan said that we are currently watching 30 goalkeepers with 8 being offered by an agent today. He was even getting e mails at 3 in the morning from the staff telling him about someone. He mentioned that it had been a great start, and was an eye opener. He was absolutely thrilled to have brought John Doolan to Hibs, as he had been Wigan's first team coach for the last 9 months, and was offered the role permanently. Alan and John had grown up together.

We then went into a Q & A session with Alan.

Q What's the reason to be called Head Coach?
A Alan said they can call me whatever they want, but it's all about the new structure at the Club. He knows where he fits in.

Q David Gray broke his leg and has had a cruciate problem in the past. Are you sure he is ok.
A. Alan said that things have moved on now and you can get past a cruciate problem in 6 months whereas it used to be a year. David has been checked over by the physio and the Doctor prior to putting pen to paper.

George then came in and re-iterated the structure which is now in place with the recruitment team, Identification of players, Medicals, Fitness, what base level of fitness are they at, then the contractual stuff and sign.

Q. Have any players turned us down due to the club being in the Championship.
A. Nobody has done that.

Q. How are you going to change attitudes with the players playing Hearts? Our record against them is atrocious, and they are always up for the Derby.
A. Their will be a change. This is a fantastic opportunity for me, I want to win games. If players are not giving 100% they will be replaced the following week. I thrive on passion, and believe me I want to win games. My players will be a mirror of me. They will be a different team.

Q. Players don't mingle with fans anymore, how will you address this?
A. If Supporters Clubs want players at their meetings/dances etc, we should try and accommodate that. I'm all for that. We all need to work together, as that's the only way we will move the Club forward.

Q. Will you give our Youth players a chance?
A. If they're good enough.

Q. How many more players do you think you need to come in for the first team squad?
A. I will be keeping that to me and George. Numbers can come back to bite you. If I give you a number and then don't sign them, you'll be back at me saying what happened there then.

Q. Do you have many contacts in the game.
A. Lots of contacts and I will be calling in a few favours. Phone calls have already been made.

Q. Will we be getting a pre season game at Goodison.
A. Next Season (disclaimer, he may have had his tongue in his cheek at this time)

Alan and George then left to a round of applause, both were thanked, and wished all the best for the future.

We then went onto the last part of the meeting with all the WT groups giving a short feedback from their perspective.

Hibernian Historical Trust

Inclusion / Multi-Culture Group

Leith Links

At this point of the meeting Leeann then asked the meeting for their views on this http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140712/hibernian-looking-to-the-future_2262950_3987903

It was decided that the club should communicate this issue to the fanbase rather than only the WT group. A decision was taken to hold any communications from the meeting until the Club had issued the statement.

If I have misrepresented anyone's comments from the meeting, please get in touch so I can ammend. It's a bit difficult sitting a the back of the class trying to listen to the conversation at my age.:greengrin

If Anyone else at the meeting wishes to add any comments, the please feel free to do so.

Ronaldo7

FranckSuzy
12-07-2014, 09:42 AM
Nice one, R :aok: The only bit you've missed is how long it took someone to say "calm down, calm down" to Stubbsie :rolleyes: :tee hee:

oconnors_strip
12-07-2014, 09:49 AM
Fantastic summary Ronnie. Please post that over on the bounce as my small summary is poor compared to that!

ronaldo7
12-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Fantastic summary Ronnie. Please post that over on the bounce as my small summary is poor compared to that!

At least you gave a summary:greengrin It's already been done on the bounce too.:aok:

Dan Sarf
12-07-2014, 10:03 AM
This is my note of the meeting held last Wednesday.

The Working Together meeting was held at the Hibernian Training Centre on Wednesday 9th July and was attended by nearly 40 people who were there representing various groups of the Hibernian family.

Prior to the meeting the group were taken for a walk around the Training Centre which was led by George Craig, who was joined by Alan Stubbs.

George started by taking us into the gym area and said that he was delighted to have the facilities on hand to put into place all the work he had planned for the team. He said that they had been doing "triple" sessions, and that they had started the assessments on all of the players. Bikes and weights were evident and have been used to build up core muscles.

Each player would have an individual plan to work on whereas previously it had been a general fitness plan for all. The players have all bought into the new ways of working, with one player even phoning the dietitian to say he was out shopping and what type of foods he should be getting.
George mentioned that Sports science was the way forward and would cover it more in detail later on.

Went into the First team changing room where Alan and George discussed it being the workplace, and the use of ice baths to remove lactic acid.

We then moved out to covered "barn" area, where George said that the team had been going through fitness training (the beep test). All players had been through it, and when they get down to the last couple of players, the ones who have dropped out are then encouraging the others to go and win it. Even when we get to the last player, he is encouraged to go the distance and beat his own personal best. The barn is also used for the rest of the lads at the academy during the cold winter evenings.

We then went outside to view the pitches, where Alan took more control, and spoke passionately about being here at Hibernian and said that it was a dream move for him. He wants to get things right, and we need to get the best start we can.

We then moved back inside, with George again taking the lead, and giving us a brief feedback of how he got into the game. When Leeann approached him about the job at Hibs he said he was delighted, and the two of them clicked. He knew what Leeann had been doing regarding community relationships at Motherwell, and is looking forward to developing those links at Hibernian.

There was then a discussion about how we move forward as a Club, and how everyone had a part to play, fitness coach, head coach, physio, supporters. We all had a part to play, and if we're all pulling together we can get the job done.

George spoke about how we now go about recruiting players. This won't be done by 1 person, it will be done thought a number of people at the club, and not just the scouts. There will be a recruitment department, and at this time they are having meetings every morning to discuss players. Player identification is done in a number of ways, but we will be looking at the level of ability, what the club is looking for in a player, and can he fit our style of play. We will then bring this all together, and hopefully get it right more often than not. George then spoke about how you can get just a wee bit more out of things, and said that British Cycling had done this by looking at every aspect of their sport. Someone would look at the helmet and re-designed it, someone looked at the bike, and someone on the cyclist, bringing all this together they could get an edge on the other teams and win Gold. George was looking to bring this degree of precision to Hibernian.

Alan said he was looking for a vast improvement from the players. Some would be about 5-10%, whilst others would be 15-20%. He said that sometimes people only set a benchmark so they can achieve it. The benchmark at Hibernian will be lifted, and you will see it very early. He wants quality over quantity, this came through a number of times. He mentioned that he had been offered 250 players from agents, and it takes time to go through the information on them. He said that you had to be wary of some agents as they will send 15 minute clips of the players doing all the right things, and nothing wrong. He mention that he had good grounding on how he should go about things and mentioned David Moyes going to see players 15-20 times before making a decision on them. Alan will be using many methods to assess, and sign players but will probably see them around 6 times. In depth analysis of each player will be done prior to signing anyone.

Alan mentioned that we were close to signing another player, he wouldn't say who, but went on to mention David Gray, and how he was delighted to get him into Hibs. He said he is a good signing with lots of energy who can create and stop goals.

Alan said that we are currently watching 30 goalkeepers with 8 being offered by an agent today. He was even getting e mails at 3 in the morning from the staff telling him about someone. He mentioned that it had been a great start, and was an eye opener. He was absolutely thrilled to have brought John Doolan to Hibs, as he had been Wigan's first team coach for the last 9 months, and was offered the role permanently. Alan and John had grown up together.

We then went into a Q & A session with Alan.

Q What's the reason to be called Head Coach?
A Alan said they can call me whatever they want, but it's all about the new structure at the Club. He knows where he fits in.

Q David Gray broke his leg and has had a cruciate problem in the past. Are you sure he is ok.
A. Alan said that things have moved on now and you can get past a cruciate problem in 6 months whereas it used to be a year. David has been checked over by the physio and the Doctor prior to putting pen to paper.

George then came in and re-iterated the structure which is now in place with the recruitment team, Identification of players, Medicals, Fitness, what base level of fitness are they at, then the contractual stuff and sign.

Q. Have any players turned us down due to the club being in the Championship.
A. Nobody has done that.

Q. How are you going to change attitudes with the players playing Hearts? Our record against them is atrocious, and they are always up for the Derby.
A. Their will be a change. This is a fantastic opportunity for me, I want to win games. If players are not giving 100% they will be replaced the following week. I thrive on passion, and believe me I want to win games. My players will be a mirror of me. They will be a different team.

Q. Players don't mingle with fans anymore, how will you address this?
A. If Supporters Clubs want players at their meetings/dances etc, we should try and accommodate that. I'm all for that. We all need to work together, as that's the only way we will move the Club forward.

Q. Will you give our Youth players a chance?
A. If they're good enough.

Q. How many more players do you think you need to come in for the first team squad?
A. I will be keeping that to me and George. Numbers can come back to bite you. If I give you a number and then don't sign them, you'll be back at me saying what happened there then.

Q. Do you have many contacts in the game.
A. Lots of contacts and I will be calling in a few favours. Phone calls have already been made.

Q. Will we be getting a pre season game at Goodison.
A. Next Season (disclaimer, he may have had his tongue in his cheek at this time)

Alan and George then left to a round of applause, both were thanked, and wished all the best for the future.

We then went onto the last part of the meeting with all the WT groups giving a short feedback from their perspective.

Hibernian Historical Trust

Inclusion / Multi-Culture Group

Leith Links

At this point of the meeting Leeann then asked the meeting for their views on this http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140712/hibernian-looking-to-the-future_2262950_3987903

It was decided that the club should communicate this issue to the fanbase rather than only the WT group. A decision was taken to hold any communications from the meeting until the Club had issued the statement.

If I have misrepresented anyone's comments from the meeting, please get in touch so I can ammend. It's a bit difficult sitting a the back of the class trying to listen to the conversation at my age.:greengrin

If Anyone else at the meeting wishes to add any comments, the please feel free to do so.

Ronaldo7

Thank you for a great report. :flag:

bigwheel
12-07-2014, 10:17 AM

ditto that...its much appreciated that guys on here take time out to give a full report of these meetings - superb!

col02
12-07-2014, 10:19 AM
The report/summary is very much appreciated and a good read ronaldo7, cheers!

oconnors_strip
12-07-2014, 10:22 AM
At least you gave a summary:greengrin It's already been done on the bounce too.:aok:

My summary on the bounce has been slated by a few, hopefully yours will help them understand it better :greengrin

Jamie
12-07-2014, 06:52 PM
My summary on the bounce has been slated by a few, hopefully yours will help them understand it better :greengrin

1 person ? :confused:

oconnors_strip
12-07-2014, 07:28 PM
1 person ? :confused:

Ok well one person slated it but a lot of negative posts towards the club have been posted on same thread. It makes me feel what's the point in spending time posting anything.

Gerard
12-07-2014, 07:57 PM
Ok well one person slated it but a lot of negative posts towards the club have been posted on same thread. It makes me feel what's the point in spending time posting anything.

I thought your report was a good one:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:wink:

down-the-slope
12-07-2014, 08:07 PM
Chin up :greengrin just tell them to come and get involved if they have so much to contribute..that sorts out the men from the boys :aok:

Jack
13-07-2014, 09:26 AM
Nice one, R :aok: The only bit you've missed is how long it took someone to say "calm down, calm down" to Stubbsie :rolleyes: :tee hee:

;-)

Gerard
13-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Chin up :greengrin just tell them to come and get involved if they have so much to contribute..that sorts out the men from the boys :aok:

:top marks

stu in nottingham
13-07-2014, 10:12 AM

Good to see you at the game yesterday, Nikki.

I, like the vast majority enjoy and appreciate your updates. Thanks very much for taking the time and don't be put off. That goes to ronaldo 7 too for the excellent and detailed notes and anyone else who passes on information.

I've done a bit of this kind of thing in the past I know what hard work it can be so cheers.

ronaldo7
13-07-2014, 11:01 PM

ditto that...its much appreciated that guys on here take time out to give a full report of these meetings - superb!

The report/summary is very much appreciated and a good read ronaldo7, cheers!

:aok: Appreciate the feedback guys:top marks