PDA

View Full Version : Hibs reject 2 bids for Cummings

timewilltell
09-07-2014, 11:14 AM
Hibs have turned down 2 bids for Cummings from Swansea.

EEN

Michael
09-07-2014, 11:18 AM
Must have been small bids. What do you think it would take? 250k?

Keith_M
09-07-2014, 11:22 AM

Add an extra zero to that.

Aldo
09-07-2014, 11:22 AM

Between 500k and 750k and I'd start talking nothing less than 500k upfront.

I would personally keep him co she has big potential and I think he'll score a few this season.

hfc rd
09-07-2014, 11:23 AM
How long is he contracted to Hibs?

Golden Bear
09-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Good. No way should we even consider selling the laddie at this stage of his career. In a few years hopefully the guy has enhanced his reputation, proven to be a big success for Hibernian, went on to become a full internationalist and only then should we contemplate mega buck bids from potential suitors.

Until then Swansea can do one as can any other carpetbaggers.

Bronson
09-07-2014, 11:26 AM
Someone posted this about a week or so ago, can't remember who. I see Barry Anderson tweeted it though so it's just coming to light now.

Personally I'd be looking for a decent sum, the boy has obvious potential and could be a big player for us this season. Any derisory bids like 100k should be laughed off.

Geo_1875
09-07-2014, 11:30 AM
Someone posted this about a week or so ago, can't remember who. I see Barry Anderson tweeted it though so it's just coming to light now.

Personally I'd be looking for a decent sum, the boy has obvious potential and could be a big player for us this season. Any derisory bids like 100k should be laughed off.

They paid £200+ for the hertz guy when they were desperate for cash so I'd be looking for a lot more for Cummings.

Bronson
09-07-2014, 11:32 AM
They paid £200+ for the hertz guy when they were desperate for cash so I'd be looking for a lot more for Cummings.

Exactly, and Cummings had far more first team football than that lad, I can't even remember his name which says a lot.

Sir David Gray
09-07-2014, 11:32 AM

There's no way Hibs would demand a bid of £2.5 million for Cummings at this stage of his career.

I reckon we would accept bids of around £500,000.

hibs0666
09-07-2014, 11:33 AM
Is Cummings in the final year of his contract? If so we can forget about a big fee.

nribs
09-07-2014, 11:34 AM
And if he goes we won't have Rod to negotiate a sell on clause :cb

Golden Bear
09-07-2014, 11:35 AM
Exactly, and Cummings had far more first team football than that lad, I can't even remember his name which says a lot.

Billy King I think.

Hibeewilly
09-07-2014, 11:36 AM
We need to extend his contract and keep him. The lad has undoubted potential

Wilson
09-07-2014, 11:39 AM
We need to extend his contract and keep him. The lad has undoubted potential

Can be a big player for us this season. Agree totally.

lord bunberry
09-07-2014, 11:40 AM
Let's hope we're offering him a decent contract, the money he's currently on and the amount we'd offered him to sign a new deal were a joke.

Paloschi
09-07-2014, 11:44 AM
Personally would not take anything under 750,000 up front with add-ons to take it nearer £1,000,000.

hfc rd
09-07-2014, 11:58 AM

It's Adam King. Used to play football with both him and his big brother Billy, who is still at Hearts. Good lads the both of them.

Ronniekirk
09-07-2014, 12:08 PM
Personally would not take anything under 750,000 up front with add-ons to take it nearer £1,000,000.
Don't think he would attract a bid of that value yet unless he starts scoring in every pre season game .But I would rather keep him ,but he is out of contract at end of season so it's a tricky one for the club ,He cost nothing so given our Financial position they would want to cash in at some point if he isn't going to sign a new contract

Bronson
09-07-2014, 12:08 PM
It's Adam King. Used to play football with both him and his big brother Billy, who is still at Hearts. Good lads the both of them.

I didn't mean that to sound disrespectful, my point was that the boy was hardly first team and he went for 200k, so we should be looking for more for Cummings seeing as he's regular first team.

And I have to say, I live for the day Billy King scores into Celtic:faf:

Hibs90
09-07-2014, 12:15 PM
Let Cummings go and Hibs can shove ANY ticket money they would be getting from me this season.

Keith_M
09-07-2014, 12:18 PM
There's no way Hibs would demand a bid of £2.5 million for Cummings at this stage of his career.

I reckon we would accept bids of around £500,000.

I know, but I think we should aim to hang on to promising young prospects unless someone offered stupid money. Putting a big price tag on him is more a statement of intent.

Unseen work
09-07-2014, 12:20 PM
I thought he signed a new long term contract recently?

Phil MaGlass
09-07-2014, 12:36 PM
pretty poor if we were to let him go just now, he is a promising lad and should tell them where to go, if they are looking at him now how much will he be worth in the future. English clubs again trying to get Scottish youngsters ar knock down prices, Scottish fitba will never amount to much again if we keep letting the so called life blood of OUR game leave so early....

Paloschi
09-07-2014, 12:43 PM
Don't think he would attract a bid of that value yet unless he starts scoring in every pre season game .But I would rather keep him ,but he is out of contract at end of season so it's a tricky one for the club ,He cost nothing so given our Financial position they would want to cash in at some point if he isn't going to sign a new contract

I think when you look at the likes of Gauld and Robertson from Dundee United going for figures that could rise to £3,000,000 it is only fair to assume that Hibs could hold out for a lot more than a measly fee.

As I said its all what I personally would hold out for, as a fan of the club that is my valuation of him but I do not know him, do not manage him and am not aware of Hibs exact financial position.

We should be holding on to our best young players though and I'm sure LD, GC and AS are going to keep rejecting these offers.

worcesterhibby
09-07-2014, 12:46 PM
Let Cummings go and Hibs can shove ANY ticket money they would be getting from me this season.

Why the aggression ?..we've just turned the bid down :rolleyes:

Hibs90
09-07-2014, 01:07 PM
Why the aggression ?..we've just turned the bid down :rolleyes:

I know, which is good news. No agression here, just saying.

lucky
09-07-2014, 01:10 PM

Another reason for Hibs fans not supporting our team. We must be the worst support in Scotland for finding reasons not to support our club

I would imagine if the fee is £250k plus add ons he'll be away

paul_hfc3
09-07-2014, 01:13 PM

Are you joking? 2.5 million for him?! That's ridiculous. How many goals has he scored for us first team? 2 goals against Hamilton and 2 pre season against vale leithen. 2.5 million? Unbelievable

250k is a decent deal IMO.

Thecat23
09-07-2014, 01:14 PM

Really? What if they used that money to bring in a better forward?

Hibs90
09-07-2014, 01:16 PM

They won't though, its Hibs. They will just bring in players like Collins. I'd rather Cummings progressed.

Thecat23
09-07-2014, 01:17 PM
They won't though, its Hibs. They will just bring in players like Collins. I'd rather Cummings progressed.

You can't just assume that. It's a whole new management team with good contacts and one that's wanting quality over quantity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

percy veer
09-07-2014, 01:18 PM
I think transfer fees are going crazy if guys on here are talking about 750,000 plus bids, the young guys only scored 2 competitive goals for us, I think a bid of about 200,000 and hibs will sell they really have no option but to sell due to that horrific season.

Iggy Pope
09-07-2014, 01:19 PM

What ticket money of yours were they previously counting on? Serious question.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
09-07-2014, 01:21 PM

I dont think, given the position we are in we should be entertaining any bids unless they are ridiculous. We already need to sign loads of players, and given the uncertainty that goes with that, we should not be adding to that by seeling more.

Even if his contract is up, we should still hold on and lose him for free next season. Getting promoted is more important than either a player's career, or getting in a couple of hundred grand.

And none of htis is to mention the obvious problems we have with getting fans back on side, and htis would only exacerbate that.

Thecat23
09-07-2014, 01:23 PM
I dont think, given the position we are in we should be entertaining any bids unless they are ridiculous. We already need to sign loads of players, and given the uncertainty that goes with that, we should not be adding to that by seeling more.

Even if his contract is up, we should still hold on and lose him for free next season. Getting promoted is more important than either a player's career, or getting in a couple of hundred grand.

And none of htis is to mention the obvious problems we have with getting fans back on side, and htis would only exacerbate that.

I'm not saying sell him btw. But every player has a price. If Hibs knew they could replace him with a proven striker then I wouldn't be fussed either way! I was more responding to the fact a poster said he won't be back this season if he was sold. He's not that good for statements like that IMO of course.

Paloschi
09-07-2014, 01:27 PM
I think transfer fees are going crazy if guys on here are talking about 750,000 plus bids, the young guys only scored 2 competitive goals for us, I think a bid of about 200,000 and hibs will sell they really have no option but to sell due to that horrific season.

Is it really crazy? Maybe to the ultimate realist but I think 750,000 is the absolute minimum I'd be looking to sell him for.

You have to take into account the financial position of the club which isn't great but not like we need a fire sale, the potential of the player, the vision of the club and the purchasing power of Swansea. 750,000 is practically nothing to them.

I'd be furious if we accepted 200,000 for one of our brightest talents, all before we got to see the best of him.

Imagine we did that with Riordan, Brown or Fletcher after one season! Ambition, set the bar higher.

Charnley 4
09-07-2014, 01:32 PM
Is it really crazy? Maybe to au ultimate realest but I think 750,000 is the absolute minimum I'd be looking to sell him for.

You have to take into account the financial position of the club which isn't great but not like we need a fire sale, the potential of the player, the vision of the club and the purchasing power of Swansea. 750,000 is practically nothing to them.

I'd be furious if we accepted 200,000 for one of our brightest talents, all before we got to see the best of him.

Imagine we did that with Riordan, Brown or Fletcher after one season! Ambition, set the bar higher.I'd imagine his existing contract would have some relevance to the transfer fee offered. He will be on next to nothing at the moment and would have to be an extraordinary talent to command a fee of £750,000.00.

heretoday
09-07-2014, 01:35 PM
Sell him and buy two strikers from the lower leagues.

Jim44
09-07-2014, 01:39 PM
We should only sell him on if the money is used to bring in a better replacement or a couple of equally good players. If he is sold purely because of the attraction of a few quid in the coffers, it would be an indication of the club's resolve in getting back into the top league in one season.

Charnley 4
09-07-2014, 01:43 PM
We should only sell him on if the money is used to bring in a better replacement or a couple of equally good players. If he is sold purely because of the attraction of a few quid in the coffers, it would be an indication of the club's resolve in getting back into the top league in one season.Exactly. The infrastructure at the club is as we all know more than adequate. The playing side needs investment of every spare penny to remove this cloak of humility we currently sport.

Hibs90
09-07-2014, 01:44 PM
What ticket money of yours were they previously counting on? Serious question.

Did I say they were counting on it at any point or did you just add that into your post to try exaggerate?

carnoustiehibee
09-07-2014, 01:47 PM
Cummings needs to get a nickname like ryan gauld has mini messi. Adds 2million onto the transfer value

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-07-2014, 02:07 PM
Pretty sure this happened about 2 weeks ago?

Iggy Pope
09-07-2014, 02:11 PM
Did I say they were counting on it at any point or did you just add that into your post to try exaggerate?

No, I was only wondering what ticket money you might have been offering in the first place. They might need to know that to allow them to 'shove' it you see.
No exaggeration.

What were you offering? Ball park, obviously.

hibs0666
09-07-2014, 02:14 PM

Cummings was brought in too, just like Collins. :confused:

GlenrothesHibee
09-07-2014, 02:53 PM
Ross Mccormack.......Ross Mccormack just went for 11 million. I'm not saying Cummings should go for that obviously but if an English Premiership side want to come and take our best young player then they had better stump up.

Charnley 4
09-07-2014, 02:55 PM
Ross Mccormack.......Ross Mccormack just went for 11 million. I'm not saying Cummings should go for that obviously but if an English Premiership side want to come and take our best young player then they had better stump up. Yes but there is a MASSIVE difference between the players. Just as there would be in fees expected.

Iggy Pope
09-07-2014, 03:21 PM
Yes but there is a MASSIVE difference between the players. Just as there would be in fees expected.

But the Huns let him go for nothing did they not?
Lessons learned. Not least of which, should be, don't act like a Hun as they are skint. And ******ed.

hfc rd
09-07-2014, 03:54 PM
Thing is if Swansea were to come back in for him and offer Hibs roundabout over £400K with add-ons, 15% sell on clause and loan him to us for 2 seasons to continue his development. Maybe then I can see Hibs accepting it.

Turkish Green
09-07-2014, 03:57 PM
I didn't mean that to sound disrespectful, my point was that the boy was hardly first team and he went for 200k, so we should be looking for more for Cummings seeing as he's regular first team.

200K for King is the equivalent of the development fee that Hearts would have received anyway due to the lad having come through their academy. On the other hand Cummings has only been at Hibs for a year and only has a year left on his contract. It is looking like he'll go later if not sooner.

GreenPJ
09-07-2014, 03:58 PM
Thing is if Swansea were to come back in for him and offer Hibs roundabout over £400K with add-ons, 15% sell on clause and loan him to us for 2 seasons to continue his development. Maybe then I can see Hibs accepting it.

That would be lovely but who would offer that deal.

hfc rd
09-07-2014, 03:59 PM
That would be lovely but who would offer that deal.

Kind of wishful thinking mate.

hfc rd
09-07-2014, 04:08 PM
Just seen on SSN that Swansea have made a bid of over £5M for Watford striker Troy Deeney.

nribs
09-07-2014, 04:19 PM
Just seen on SSN that Swansea have made a bid of over £5M for Watford striker Troy Deeney.

For about a year I thought he was one of the Italians that Zola had brought over. He was never referred to as Deeny always Troydini!!

The Leith Dutch
09-07-2014, 06:34 PM
Cummings has bags of potential but sadly (and some of this was out of his control due to playing in a terrible team) it's only potential at the moment which means the bids will be limited to a few hundred thousand as, however crazy the transfer market is, nobody is paying that much for a player who has shown what Cummings has so far despite how he may develop.

The decision on the bid is almost certainly tied up with the number of strikers currently at the club and how we free up squad space and budget.

I can't see us going in to the season with more than 4 strikers.

Currently we have Cummings, Heffernan, Caldwell and possibly Handling (although they may class him as a midfielder).
I'm not talking about quality or what folk think of those players but the fact that we're now (rightly in my opinion) trying to build a squad to a template rather than acquiring some players the manager likes.

That means moving on at least one of those players and quite probably two if we'd like to see new strikers in.

I'd prefer to keep Cummings but based on what I saw last season I'd like to have two more experienced front men ahead of him in the pecking order.
If he can force his way into the starting XI then all the better.

lord bunberry
09-07-2014, 06:42 PM
If he turns down the offer of a new deal then we will sell him. Offer him whatever Stanton and Harris are on and see if he wants to take it

col02
09-07-2014, 06:46 PM
If he turns down the offer of a new deal then we will sell him. Offer him whatever Stanton and Harris are on and see if he wants to take it

Agree with this! No point having a player develop this season to see him walk for free next summer. If no new deal is accepted take the money and reinvest into get a couple players on a couple years deal minimum. Would reckon £150k is the figure Cummings is roughly worth at the moment. I compare him to the two lads sold by Livingston last season who played more first team games than Cummings. Add ons to be included on top of any figure also.

coco22
09-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Cummings has bags of potential but sadly (and some of this was out of his control due to playing in a terrible team) it's only potential at the moment which means the bids will be limited to a few hundred thousand as, however crazy the transfer market is, nobody is paying that much for a player who has shown what Cummings has so far despite how he may develop.

The decision on the bid is almost certainly tied up with the number of strikers currently at the club and how we free up squad space and budget.

I can't see us going in to the season with more than 4 strikers.

Currently we have Cummings, Heffernan, Caldwell and possibly Handling (although they may class him as a midfielder).
I'm not talking about quality or what folk think of those players but the fact that we're now (rightly in my opinion) trying to build a squad to a template rather than acquiring some players the manager likes.

That means moving on at least one of those players and quite probably two if we'd like to see new strikers in.

I'd prefer to keep Cummings but based on what I saw last season I'd like to have two more experienced front men ahead of him in the pecking order.
If he can force his way into the starting XI then all the better.

Interesting to see handling playing deep in midfield at times on saturday. Cummings is, undeniably, a great prospect and he would benefit from an experienced strike partner (Brewster / Oconnor). I think that Stubbs will play 1 up front with 3 attacking mids so remains to be seen who the chosen striker will be

eastterrace
09-07-2014, 07:15 PM
Agree with this! No point having a player develop this season to see him walk for free next summer. If no new deal is accepted take the money and reinvest into get a couple players on a couple years deal minimum. Would reckon £150k is the figure Cummings is roughly worth at the moment. I compare him to the two lads sold by Livingston last season who played more first team games than Cummings. Add ons to be included on top of any figure also.

what makes you know that cummings would want to go, he might just let his contract run down and then leave for nout.

col02
09-07-2014, 07:19 PM
what makes you know that cummings would want to go, he might just let his contract run down and then leave for nout.

Nothing makes me know that he would want to go! That said from the clubs point of view if your suggestion comes true that he runs his contract down where is the benefit for the club?

lord bunberry
09-07-2014, 07:20 PM

I'd be surprised if he did, he's only on a youth contract(£150 a week) and he has to buy his own boots. If he wanted to leave I would imagine he would be happy to go now. But you're right we don't know.

Edit, he can't leave for nothing as we would get a development fee

Matty_Jack04
09-07-2014, 08:27 PM
I don't really see what the fuss about him is to be honest, I've not been impressed by him at all, I'd rather hibs got something than nothing though and if his old man is to be believed QPR have been sniffing so I wouldn't expect a new contract to be signed

Forza Fred
09-07-2014, 08:39 PM
Are you joking? 2.5 million for him?! That's ridiculous. How many goals has he scored for us first team? 2 goals against Hamilton and 2 pre season against vale leithen. 2.5 million? Unbelievable

250k is a decent deal IMO.

Careful. This forum hasn't had too many sensible,objective posts recently....:greengrin

lord bunberry
09-07-2014, 08:48 PM
I don't really see what the fuss about him is to be honest, I've not been impressed by him at all, I'd rather hibs got something than nothing though and if his old man is to be believed QPR have been sniffing so I wouldn't expect a new contract to be signed

A premiership team has been impressed enough to put in a couple of bids for him

boab1875
09-07-2014, 11:21 PM
shouldn't be accepting anything under 1 million in my opinion. would be a disaster to lose any up and coming players at this point

HoboHarry
10-07-2014, 02:23 AM
You should phone Swansea and tell them about their error of judgement then. They might send you a wee bung for stopping them from wasting their money. :rolleyes:

Ronniekirk
10-07-2014, 06:01 AM
Nothing makes me know that he would want to go! That said from the clubs point of view if your suggestion comes true that he runs his contract down where is the benefit for the club?
He is still a raw talent with Potential The two goals against Hamilton showed that so in a good team with right coaching you have to assume he will Zing it more often, and looks like he has already opened that can of Beans . The Benefit for the club if his agent is advising him not to sign new contract is he either scores goals for us that help us go up or if Stubbs has another striker he feels would be better Asset for club ,Cummings is sold to help fund that Transaction.

cat1875
10-07-2014, 06:34 AM
his agent isn't advising him not to sign a new contract as there isn't one !!! no new offer has been given to Jason this season from hibs still on last year of his youth contract FACT

Matty_Jack04
10-07-2014, 06:43 AM
You should phone Swansea and tell them about their error of judgement then. They might send you a wee bung for stopping them from wasting their money. :rolleyes:

You really think so? I could do with a wee windfall

2 goals he's scored...2 one of which was a goalkeeping error the other fair play to the boy was a good finish, the other 15 games or so he's offered as much as handling and Caldwell...it's my opinion il be more than happy if he stays and proves me wrong but I won't be getting the pitch fork out if he leaves, and just because Swansea show an interest doesn't mean he's a good player, you think that yam they signed will be a first team player anytime soon? Or at all? Looks to me like Swansea are casting a net out for young players they can pick up for buttons in the hope one or two turn out to be gems

3pm
10-07-2014, 07:13 AM
shouldn't be accepting anything under 1 million in my opinion. would be a disaster to lose any up and coming players at this point

Never get a million. We'd be lucky to get a quarter of that.

DH1875
10-07-2014, 07:50 AM
Anything over £250k and we'd be daft not to take it IMO

Jones28
10-07-2014, 08:03 AM
Tie him down on a new deal, because he will be worth a hell of a lot more to us in 2/3 years time with a lot more experience.

Greenworld
12-07-2014, 07:28 AM
his agent isn't advising him not to sign a new contract as there isn't one !!! no new offer has been given to Jason this season from hibs still on last year of his youth contract FACT
Think he may have been offered a two year contract recently I beleive he is happy to stay at hibs