PDA

View Full Version : Dry trains on Saturday

Hibs07p
08-07-2014, 04:40 PM
South bound & North bound East Coast and Cross Country trains will be dry to / from Berwick upon Tweed, before and after Saturdays game.
Trains north after 19.30 will not be dry.

GGTTH

.Sean.
08-07-2014, 04:41 PM
Fs.

Pray4Marc
08-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Funny you mention this, was on the train to London kingscross on Friday and 2 yams on the train were arrested. Singing songs about Alan Stubbs and Tommy Burns, vile human beings.

RIP
08-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Dry trains on Saturday

Thought it was another new signing for a minute!

DH1875
08-07-2014, 04:53 PM
Makes sence. Rem its the 12th of July so could be a few drunken a*holes about.

Nakedmanoncrack
08-07-2014, 04:57 PM
Any source for this?

Cod Boy
08-07-2014, 04:58 PM
What if it rains

Albanian Hibs
08-07-2014, 05:01 PM
Nice one. Just as well we will get down to berwick for lunch time for a good few pints before game.

Hibs07p
08-07-2014, 05:07 PM
Any source for this?

Dry Train Staff Briefing – Saturday 12 July 2014

Dry Trains are implemented by East Coast as a measure intended to reduce the likelihood of Anti Social Behaviour, so taking or attempting to take alcohol, or consuming alcohol on board our services advertised as Dry Trains will be deemed an offence and a breach of Railway Byelaws.

In addition, the sale or issue of alcohol as part of the on board service specification is also not permitted.

Due to Hibernian playing Berwick Rangers, in a pre-season ‘friendly’ in Berwick (kick off 15.00) on Saturday 12 July, the services below have been designated as Dry Trains.

The Dry Trains restriction will be applied to:

all East Coast services which depart Edinburgh between 10.00 and 13.30 and call at Berwick, (note restriction on East Coast services to be in place from originating station up to and including arrival at Berwick-upon-Tweed station)
all East Coast services which depart Berwick and call at Edinburgh between 17.30 and 20.00 (restriction will apply between Berwick and Edinburgh only)

The following East Coast services will be deemed Dry Trains

Departure Arrival Final destination
1E11 07.52 Aberdeen (10.30 Edinburgh) 11.11 Berwick-upon-Tweed train continues to London King’s Cross
1E13 07.55 Inverness (11.30 Edinburgh) 12.11 Berwick-upon-Tweed train continues to London King’s Cross
1E15 09.52 Aberdeen (12.30 Edinburgh) 13.11 Berwick-upon-Tweed train continues to London King’s Cross
1E17 13.30 Edinburgh 14.11 Berwick-upon-Tweed train continues to London King’s Cross

Departure Arrival Final destination
1S20 14.00 King’s Cross (17.41 Berwick-upon-Tweed) 18.26 Edinburgh train continues to Aberdeen
1S22 15.00 King’s Cross (18.41 Berwick-upon-Tweed) 19.28 Edinburgh
1S24 16.00 King’s Cross (19.40 Berwick-upon-Tweed) 20.24 Edinburgh

The Dry Trains restriction will also apply to the following Cross Country services:

Departure Arrival Origin and destination
1V58 10.05 Edinburgh 10.46 Berwick-upon-Tweed train starts from Glasgow Central and terminates at Penzance
1V60 11.08 Edinburgh 11.50 Berwick-upon-Tweed train starts from Aberdeen and terminates at Penzance
1V62 12.05 Edinburgh 12.43 Berwick-upon-Tweed train starts from Glasgow Central and terminates at Plymouth

Departure Arrival Origin and destination
1S47 18.20 Berwick-upon-Tweed 19.06 Edinburgh train starts from Penzance and terminates at Glasgow Central
1S49 19.18 Berwick-upon-Tweed 20.05 Edinburgh train starts from Newquay and terminates at Dundee

Security staff will support the Dry Trains operation by providing a gate line presence at Edinburgh and Berwick to advise customers of the alcohol restriction in place.

Guards Managers, Crew Managers and Station Managers must ensure their staff are briefed as appropriate and all relevant Dry Trains/ASB posters are displayed and associated announcements are made.

On Board staff must remove alcoholic drinks from the Foodbar display areas and trolley and any alcohol on the train must be stored securely and out of sight of customers for the duration of the restriction.

Train Guards should make announcements advising passengers of the ban on all services prior to departure and further announcements should be made if any breaches of the ban are reported. There will be no security gate line presence at any other stations except at Edinburgh and Berwick. Where rowdy or disruptive behaviour is observed, consideration should be made to;

Step up the level and frequency of the Dry Trains PA announcement;
Where alcohol consumption continues after warnings have been made, contact Control and request the attendance of the BTP at a suitable location;
Where BTP are requested to attend, obtain any witness details that might be available and note/ identify main culprits so BTP can deal with them as considered appropriate.

On Board staff, Train Guards and security staff should apply conflict avoidance techniques (TRUST) if required to engage with disruptive customers, but should not attempt to remove alcohol from customers to enforce the Dry Trains restriction once the train has departed. If any alcohol consumption is observed, or disruptive behaviour continues after announcements have been made, offences should be reported to via Route Control and the BTP requested.

On Board/Station Scripts

Announcements to be made on all southbound Dry*Trains:
*“Good morning/evening, please be aware that in accordance with Railway Bylaws, it is an offence to bring or consume any alcohol on board this service and no alcohol will be sold. This restriction applies until departure from Berwick. Any breaches of this restriction will be reported to the British Transport Police”

Announcements for all services calling at Berwick before 15.00
“Good (morning/afternoon). This is an announcement for any passengers intending to travel from Berwick with East Coast later this evening. Please be aware that East Coast will not be selling or permitting alcohol being brought onto trains which depart Berwick between 17.30 and 20.00 and call at Edinburgh. This restriction is in place in connection with sporting events taking place in Berwick today and applies to all passengers travelling to all destinations served by these trains.”

Station announcements:
Good morning/afternoon. This is an announcement for customers intending to travel on the (insert time) East Coast service to (station). Please be aware that East Coast will not be permitting alcohol being taken or consumed on board this service today and no alcohol will be sold on board. This restriction is in place for the safety and comfort of all our customers and will apply from (insert station) until the trains arrival at (Berwick/Edinburgh).

Announcement to be made on 1S20
*“Good evening, please be aware that in accordance with Railway Bylaws, it is an offence to bring or consume any alcohol on board this service and no alcohol will be sold. This restriction applies until departure from Edinburgh Waverley. Any breaches of this restriction will be reported to the British Transport Police”

Announcements to be made on 1S22 and 1S24
*“Good evening, please be aware that in accordance with Railway Bylaws, it is an offence to bring or consume any alcohol on board this service and no alcohol will be sold. Any breaches of this restriction will be reported to the British Transport Police”

iwasthere1972
08-07-2014, 05:08 PM
South bound & North bound East Coast and Cross Country trains will be dry to / from Berwick upon Tweed, before and after Saturdays game.
Trains north after 19.30 will not be dry.

GGTTH

Easy decision. Stay in the pub until 7.30pm in Berwick then board a train for Edinburgh.

Simples.

Keith_M
08-07-2014, 05:09 PM
That's completely over the top for a low key friendly.

:rolleyes:

Albanian Hibs
08-07-2014, 05:11 PM
Easy decision. Stay in the pub until 7.30pm in Berwick then board a train for Edinburgh.

Simples.

Our ticket is restricted to the 18.41 train home. Plastic bottles it is then!

Nakedmanoncrack
08-07-2014, 05:12 PM
Thanks, travelling South before 10.30 so won't be an issue.

Bristolhibby
08-07-2014, 05:16 PM
Fascists.

Hibs07p
08-07-2014, 05:19 PM
Thanks, travelling South before 10.30 so won't be an issue.

:thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
08-07-2014, 05:22 PM
It shan't affect me as I'll have the pewter hip flask full of expensive scotch. The civilised way and completely undetectable if one is discreet.

Diclonius
08-07-2014, 05:41 PM
Funny you mention this, was on the train to London kingscross on Friday and 2 yams on the train were arrested. Singing songs about Alan Stubbs and Tommy Burns, vile human beings.

If the Stubbs song is about what I think it is about, I'm not surprised. Fully expect to hear it at Tynecastle next month and for no action to be taken.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-07-2014, 05:47 PM
Amusing! Nae dry trains when Scotland headed down to Wembley last year, although I took DBS's lead and enjoyed a First Class sojourn with a vast selection of top shelf spirits and continental beers to choose from along with a selection of regionalised foodstuffs to compliment said imbibements. The boy I was with was pished by Berwick though! :-)

Albanian Hibs
08-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Amusing! Nae dry trains when Scotland headed down to Wembley last year, although I took DBS's lead and enjoyed a First Class sojourn with a vast selection of top shelf spirits and continental beers to choose from along with a selection of regionalised foodstuffs to compliment said imbibements. The boy I was with was pished by Berwick though! :-)

Did the boy you were with have a hibs kilt on and red curly hair by any chance?

Lewis77
08-07-2014, 06:14 PM
As long as they get folks to their destination in a crisp fashion I don't mind.

Anyone?

LancsHibs
08-07-2014, 06:38 PM
Easy to get round this: train over to Glasgow, down to Carlisle, over to Newcastle and up to Berwick. Simples:greengrin

Hibs07p
08-07-2014, 06:47 PM
Easy to get round this: train over to Glasgow, down to Carlisle, over to Newcastle and up to Berwick. Simples:greengrin

There's an easier way than that. Train to Newcastle and back up to Berwick.

:greengrin

GGTTH

silverhibee
08-07-2014, 07:27 PM
Nice drive down for me. :cb

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-07-2014, 11:18 PM
Did the boy you were with have a hibs kilt on and red curly hair by any chance?

He did indeed have a Hibs kilt on, nae Russ ginger wig pish involved tho!

Hermit Crab
09-07-2014, 12:59 AM
There's an easier way than that. Train to Newcastle and back up to Berwick.

GGTTH

Yes. 5 hour journey.

heretoday
09-07-2014, 05:09 AM
Nothing worse for the general public than guys getting tanked on a train. Can we not go the short trip to Berwick without a drink?

Peevemor
09-07-2014, 05:43 AM
Nothing worse for the general public than guys getting tanked on a train. Can we not go the short trip to Berwick without a drink?

Women getting tanked on a train? :dunno:

Brizo
09-07-2014, 08:43 AM
As long as they get folks to their destination in a crisp fashion

:agree: If anyone gets chucked off the train for drinking they might find they are walkers.

Hibernia Na Eir
09-07-2014, 08:46 AM

think the whole thing is being portrayed way, way OTT.

.Sean.
09-07-2014, 08:50 AM
think the whole thing is being portrayed way, way OTT.

Absolutely. It doesn't matter if it's a forty minute or a four hour journey, it's another example of us being treated like dog**** by the powers at be.

Be vodka in juice bottles, then.

Brooster
09-07-2014, 08:56 AM
That's completely over the top for a low key friendly.

:rolleyes:

Entirely understandable considering what went on aboard the trains the last time we played at Berwick.

Jones28
09-07-2014, 10:49 AM
OTT, absolutely. But it's 40 minutes and there's plenty of pubs in Berwick. Reccomend Foxtons wine bar on bridge street. Also there's a wetherspoons in golden square called the leaping salmon.

ionahibby
09-07-2014, 10:50 AM
Entirely understandable considering what went on aboard the trains the last time we played at Berwick.

And that was what? I don't remember any trouble?

Brooster
09-07-2014, 11:02 AM
And that was what? I don't remember any trouble?

A number of folk were arrested when they dismbarked at Waverley when one of the trains drew in.

Albanian Hibs
09-07-2014, 01:04 PM
He did indeed have a Hibs kilt on, nae Russ ginger wig pish involved tho!

Bet you it was my old man haha

Albanian Hibs
09-07-2014, 01:08 PM

Whats it to you if we cant go 40 mins on the train without a drink? To me thats all part of our day out.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-07-2014, 01:20 PM

Believe it or not it was a scouse boy who has lived in Aberdeen most of his life, very bizarre accent! I only met him on the day as he was selling me his spare train tickets, thankfully never met him since. :-)

Iggy Pope
09-07-2014, 01:23 PM

I remember the times when he never needed a ginger wig!

lucky
09-07-2014, 01:55 PM
Crowd off us are going down to the Durham miners gala day on Saturday and you pesky Hibs fans are causing trouble with our return journey

DarlingtonHibee
09-07-2014, 03:18 PM
We are getting the train up from Darlo, so hopefully we will be ok for a beer on the train :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
09-07-2014, 03:31 PM
It's only 40 minutes. Hardly a long time to wait. I can see a lot of games when trains are dry due to the close proximity of games. Cowdenbeath, raith, Falkirk and Livingston. Again it's a maximum of 40 minutes on a train to these places. Hardly an inconvenience if we are honest.

KDY Hibs
10-07-2014, 04:54 PM

Vile indeed, although I'm not surprised.

WestEndHibee
10-07-2014, 08:59 PM
Absolutely. It doesn't matter if it's a forty minute or a four hour journey, it's another example of us being treated like dog**** by the powers at be.

Be vodka in juice bottles, then.

Simple answer is that a minority in our support can be dog****. When other so called friendlies (e.g. vs sunderland or notts forest) have ended up in trouble portrayed over the media it seems quite sensible to limit the risk of similar incidents as much as possible.

This minority can't behave like normal people so they can't expect to be given the rights of the normal public. Its a shame that others get dragged down too but I'd sure as anything prefer a journey with no alcohol than a journey with some of these guys packed with alcohol.

lord bunberry
11-07-2014, 10:16 PM
Bring back the fitba special