PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Right back Gray Joins Hibernian

RSS Bot
08-07-2014, 04:30 PM
Alan Stubbs announces first summer signing

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140708/right-back-gray-joins-hibernian_2262950_3974077)

easty
08-07-2014, 04:33 PM

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140708/right-back-gray-joins-hibernian_2262950_3974077)

Welcome to Hibs. A recognised right back, it's a start.

Is he really only 26 though??

Hibs7
08-07-2014, 04:34 PM
Don't know much about him
.. But have to trust the new managers choice.

Welcome to Hibs David..

Weststandwanab
Welcome home all my best wishes. GGTTH:cb

nribs
Welcome to Hibs :)

HibbyAndy
08-07-2014, 04:35 PM
Welcome David :aok:

SeanWilson
The partner of my Mrs good friend and by all accounts a decent bloke. Welcome to the mad house :-)

Haymaker
Finally a signing! Welcome to Hibs!

Keith_M
08-07-2014, 04:37 PM
He says he's an Edinburgh boy but doesn't mention being a Hibby....

LTYF :wink:

Seriously, though, I'm glad to see a Right Back arriving. It's currently the second most urgent position that needs filled.

DC_Hibs
08-07-2014, 04:38 PM
Struggled for a game of late at stevenage and burton.

Welcome to hibernian - second tier scotland.

He'll do a job.

hibby67
08-07-2014, 04:39 PM
welcome to hibs david, look forward to seeing you play :flag:

Franck Stanton
08-07-2014, 04:41 PM
Strange how our previous 3 managers didn't identify the need for a right back, glad Stubbs has moved to address this situation. Welcome aboard young man, welcome.

EdinMike
08-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Is this the same David Gray that played for them ?!

col02
08-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Strange how our previous 3 managers didn't identify the need for a right back, glad Stubbs has moved to address this situation. Welcome aboard young man, welcome.

Clancy, Maybury and Mullin all just phantoms like? Irrespective of their ability all three were/are right backs.

weecounty hibby
08-07-2014, 04:45 PM
A solid start to the signings I think. Welcome David

SeanWilson
08-07-2014, 04:46 PM
Is this the same David Gray that played for them ?!

Yes - as an infant. Then poached by Uniteds youth academy.

easty
08-07-2014, 04:48 PM
Clancy, Maybury and Mullin all just phantoms like? Irrespective of their ability all three were/are right backs.

Clancy was more a right **** than a right back. Mullen was more 'right let's get rid of this huddy', than a right back.

Maybury was a real right back though. ;)

easty
08-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Yes - as an infant. Then poached by Uniteds youth academy.

Along with Danny Galbraith. This one will be better.

Franck Stanton
08-07-2014, 04:57 PM

Clancy was more of an "out-patient" at E/R than a right back, Maybury was well past his sell-by date when he arrived, Mullen - I rest my case. You trying to say r/b position hasn't been a problem area for years ?

col02
08-07-2014, 05:02 PM
Clancy was more of an "out-patient" at E/R than a right back, Maybury was well past his sell-by date when he arrived, Mullen - I rest my case. You trying to say r/b position hasn't been a problem area for years ?

I agree it has been a problem position but to make out no manager tried to rectify it is pie in the sky. Fenlon signed three players for that position. Just a pity one was a sick note, one was piss and the other sadly with his best years behind him.

Franck Stanton
08-07-2014, 05:12 PM
I agree it has been a problem position but to make out no manager tried to rectify it is pie in the sky. Fenlon signed three players for that position. Just a pity one was a sick note, one was piss and the other sadly with his best years behind him.

The point I was trying to make is that the position has been a problem for us for a number of seasons - which our previous managers failed to fix, yes they signed Clancy, but, we all know how that turned out with horrendous injury record, and " just made do & mend" for past three seasons. Now we have actually signed a r/b who, at 26 should be at the height of his playing career, and if rumours are to be believed , we will soon be signing Buxton, who turned out for us at VOL as back up/competition. I do however agree with your summation of the three layers you name.

Diclonius
08-07-2014, 05:42 PM
Good news. McFadden next?

Hibs90
08-07-2014, 05:46 PM
Dunno the obsession for McFadden on here he wasn't exactly amazing last season, there is a reason he is a free agent

MSK
08-07-2014, 05:47 PM
Dunno the obsession for McFaddenon here he wasn't exactly amazing last season, there is a reason he is a free agentAnd that is ?

SeanWilson
08-07-2014, 05:47 PM
Dunno the obsession for McFadden on here he wasn't exactly amazing last season, there is a reason he is a free agent

A fit McFadden would tear up the championship in my opinion...

Hibs90
08-07-2014, 05:51 PM
And that is ?
Wages would be massive, and like I said he wasn't exactly amazing last year. But if were going for people who are past their best then why no eh

A fit McFadden would tear up the championship in my opinion...

Is he ever fully fit then?

SeanWilson
08-07-2014, 05:55 PM
Wages would be massive, and like I said he wasn't exactly amazing last year. But if were going for people who are past their best then why no eh

Is he ever fully fit then?

A McFadden with nae big toes and a couple of snapped hamstrings would tear up the championship... :-) OK well maybe not, however on a pay as you play, come and join the coaching staff type deal... Absolutely worth it.

Probably complete pie in the sky as other clubs are likely to take the gamble on him and offer a more lucrative deal.

MSK
08-07-2014, 05:57 PM

Is he ever fully fit then?I doubt Motherwell would have been paying him massive wages !! & even if he is past his best he would prob still be head & shoulders above most players in the championship ..

Hibs90
08-07-2014, 06:05 PM
A McFadden with nae big toes and a couple of snapped hamstrings would tear up the championship... :-) OK well maybe not, however on a pay as you play, come and join the coaching staff type deal... Absolutely worth it.

Probably complete pie in the sky as other clubs are likely to take the gamble on him and offer a more lucrative deal.
Absolutely zero chance he'd sign a pay as you play deal, especially for what would be little wages.
I'd rather we got a fully fit player instead.

I doubt Motherwell would have been paying him massive wages !! & even if he is past his best he would prob still be head & shoulders above most players in the championship ..

Well why haven't they kept him if he wasn't on massive wages?

If we sign McFadden and he scores 20 goals and has a great season I'll never judge a player again but it's a no for me. Money can be spent better elsewhere on the team.

DAVE1875
08-07-2014, 06:08 PM
Welcome to Hibs David :thumbsup:

winge time: never have I been more convinced that our home top looks more like a training top

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-07-2014, 06:18 PM
Welcome !!!

Keith_M
08-07-2014, 06:23 PM

I just noticed what they did with the Stone Sign in the background. That's quite clever actually :greengrin

HibeeMG
08-07-2014, 06:37 PM
I just noticed what they did with the Stone Sign in the background. That's quite clever actually :greengrin

They're actually that convinced he'll be a club legend that they've engraved his name. Not much space for the rest of our signings though. Petrie!!

HibeesLA
08-07-2014, 06:41 PM
Welcome to Hibs David :thumbsup:

winge time: never have I been more convinced that our home top looks more like a training top

Glad to see a signing early in the week, was convinced that we'd be waiting till Thu/Fri to hear anything.

On the subject of the top, now that I've seen it worn a few times, including the pictures of the game, I really do think that the size of the logo is what kills it for me. The top I actually like. Smaller logo, and probably in green/white, I'd be much happier with it.

bob12345
08-07-2014, 06:42 PM
I doubt Motherwell would have been paying him massive wages !! & even if he is past his best he would prob still be head & shoulders above most players in the championship ..

A sponsor paid McFadden's wages, which were too high for Motherwell.

manx hibee
08-07-2014, 06:43 PM
welcome to hibs david, look forward to seeing you play :flag:

GGTTH now show us your worth

Vault Boy
08-07-2014, 07:30 PM
Welcome David! A bit of internetting revealed that he didn't set the heather alight at Burton, but, he appeared to do well at Stevenage, and the Preston fans (http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?72026-Well-done-David-Gray./page2&highlight=david+gray) seemed to like him too. I hope he'll bring much needed constancy to the right back position. Nice to have the first signing made. :aok:

HTV (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hd0tkqkRYw&list=UUXKLs14yjDc5s7GJ1txkWxw) interview.