PDA

View Full Version : Response from Scottish Government re HMFC

MrSmith
08-07-2014, 10:30 AM
A few months ago I wrote to the First Minister regarding his interference in the HMFC share wrangle with the Lithuanian Government.

I can't remember much of the content but was a rant re his interference and how could he could support their CVA given they were tax/debt dodging, financially doped etc, etc. You all know the story!

Today after nearly three months, maybe more cannae remember, I got a reply, thought I'd share with y'all - see image below.

calumhibee1
08-07-2014, 10:36 AM
Dodge your tax, agree a CVA and all is well in other words. :rolleyes:

CapitalGreen
08-07-2014, 10:47 AM
The person who wrote that letter to you is also an ex-employee of Hearts...

hihohibby
08-07-2014, 10:49 AM
The saddest bit of all is that both Hearts and The Rangers continue to operate. They have both been pardoned of all their financial liabilities, and in The Rangers case, continue to operate in a reckless, irresponsible, unsustainable fashion. Both clubs can be likened to two criminals who every one knows are guilty, smirking at the watching world, whilst walking away from court, knowing they got an easy sentence and have been all but let off the hook.

The goalie
08-07-2014, 10:58 AM
Was that you or the Dug that sunk their teeth into the letter :)

brog
08-07-2014, 10:59 AM
On the basis that every club must meet it's financial obligations!! How does that square with Yams screwing HMRC ( & therefore us ) for £2-3m.
Shameless!

HibbySpurs
08-07-2014, 11:03 AM
As much as the whole Rangers/Yams fiascos irk and anger me I firmly believe it is time to move on and lets concentrate on supporting Hibs.......

I also firmly believe that obssesing about Hearts or any other team doesnt help our cause and helped create the malaise which has put us in our current predicament....

Thanks to the OP for sharing the response, interesting to note he even got one but like I said lets move on and get down to the real business of supporting our own club and ensuring that finally we can start moving forward and getting back to where we really belong.

GGTTH

Keith_M
08-07-2014, 11:05 AM
A few months ago I wrote to the First Minister regarding his interference in the HMFC share wrangle with the Lithuanian Government.

I can't remember much of the content but was a rant re his interference and how could he could support their CVA given they were tax/debt dodging, financially doped etc, etc. You all know the story!

Today after nearly three months, maybe more cannae remember, I got a reply, thought I'd share with y'all - see image below.

Did you really think they would say anything different?

MrSmith
08-07-2014, 11:09 AM
keekaboo: Did you really think they would say anything different?

Nope! Had to do it though.

The goalie: Was that you or the Dug that sunk their teeth into the letter :)

My cat did it :LOL: he hates the postie and goes for the letterbox every time the mail arrives ..

Dashing Bob S
08-07-2014, 04:18 PM
As much as the whole Rangers/Yams fiascos irk and anger me I firmly believe it is time to move on and lets concentrate on supporting Hibs.......

I also firmly believe that obssesing about Hearts or any other team doesnt help our cause and helped create the malaise which has put us in our current predicament....

Thanks to the OP for sharing the response, interesting to note he even got one but like I said lets move on and get down to the real business of supporting our own club and ensuring that finally we can start moving forward and getting back to where we really belong.

GGTTH

As someone who got far too drawn into the Hearts saga, I completely agree. While many of us were laughing/scorning at them, our own club was disintegrating in plain sight. I'm not saying we could have prevented this happening with more focus on our own affairs, but many of us did transfer our energy to a negative rather than positive end, and I'll be the first to acknowledge my own culpability.

Yes, let's forget them and move on.

Kato
08-07-2014, 05:39 PM

That reply is basically fobbing you (and the normal people who pay their taxes) off. The establishment will always look out for establishment institutions.

Lewis77
08-07-2014, 05:45 PM
The saddest bit of all is that both Hearts and The Rangers continue to operate. They have both been pardoned of all their financial liabilities, and in The Rangers case, continue to operate in a reckless, irresponsible, unsustainable fashion. Both clubs can be likened to two criminals who every one knows are guilty, smirking at the watching world, whilst walking away from court, knowing they got an easy sentence and have been all but let off the hook.

I ken it's off subject but doesn't Hearts & Rangers sound like a song title from a s**t 80s' new romantic band?

CropleyWasGod
08-07-2014, 05:58 PM
I thought they made an agreement to pay it with HMRC?
HMRC got nothing.

08-07-2014, 06:17 PM
As sickening as it is that those shower of thieving, charity robbing tramps got off incrediably lightly considering the amount of people/small businesses/charities etc. they ripped off and stole just to have their wee bit of cheated glory, we can't do anything about it.

The jammy *******s as per usual squirmed their disgusting wee selves out the **** once again and are back giving it the big un and the whole "we are the big team" nonsense. Justice certainly has not privailved in this whole saga but like I say, unfortunatly whats done is done.

They will forever be the club that robbed charities and stole poppies and no amount of CVA's/new owners etc etc will change that.

Keith_M
08-07-2014, 06:18 PM
They got off with it and we're basically the only people that care.

We just need to accept the fact and get on with it.

Kato
08-07-2014, 07:22 PM
I ken it's off subject but doesn't Hearts & Rangers sound like a song title from a s**t 80s' new romantic band?

Yes. Like a track by that (feeble) band, King.

Eyrie
08-07-2014, 07:22 PM
HMRC got shafted.

Fixed that for you :wink:

Jonnyboy
08-07-2014, 07:25 PM

Surely if that were true his name would be Ross Filcher?

emerald green
08-07-2014, 08:36 PM
I don't think supporters of HFC (or any other club for that matter) should let them forget what their club did. The Yaks don't seem to be very keen to stop rubbing our noses in it at every opportunity with their 1 - 5 guff for example.

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-07-2014, 08:54 PM
As sickening as it is that those shower of thieving, charity robbing tramps got off incrediably lightly considering the amount of people/small businesses/charities etc. they ripped off and stole just to have their wee bit of cheated glory, we can't do anything about it.

The jammy *******s as per usual squirmed their disgusting wee selves out the **** once again and are back giving it the big un and the whole "we are the big team" nonsense. Justice certainly has not privailved in this whole saga but like I say, unfortunatly whats done is done.

They will forever be the club that robbed charities and stole poppies and no amount of CVA's/new owners etc etc will change that.

It's amazing what a funny handshake can get you in court.

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-07-2014, 08:55 PM
I don't think supporters of HFC (or any other club for that matter) should let them forget what their club did. The Yaks don't seem to be very keen to stop rubbing our noses in it at every opportunity with their 1 - 5 guff for example.

Agreed 100%

**** them!

patch1875
08-07-2014, 09:03 PM
Agreed 100%

**** them!

They don't care though

MrSmith
08-07-2014, 09:04 PM
I didn't start this thread just to regurgitate the old stuff, the letter surprised me and thought I would share - that's all!

It is all done and they have gotten away with it so, yeah, let's move on.

Kato
08-07-2014, 10:19 PM
They don't care though

True but it should be pointed out at every oppurtunity for the benefit of others and besides, some of them get pretty tomaty faced when it is brought up.

Nutmegged
08-07-2014, 10:31 PM

While I agree with you 100% the sad fact of the matter is no-one else gives a stuff about them except us - while we should always make sure they're never allowed to forget what they did, we must move on from it too, we need to make sure it doesn't totally consume us.

Nutmegged
08-07-2014, 10:38 PM
They got off with it and we're basically the only people that care.

We just need to accept the fact and get on with it.

Absolutely agree with this, I think we took our eye off the ball when things started going pear shaped at Tyncastle, more so when they went into Administration, our victory was going to see us in the top 6 challenging for Europe while they fought guaranteed relegation and we were still goibg to be challenging for Europe and honours while they played second fiddle to The Rangers in the Championship.

BUT the fact we took our eye off the ball meant we didn't do any of that and ended up getting the same footballing consequence as them -that means no-one at Hearts truly feels punished and no-one connected with Hibernian truly feels like justice has been served.

Hibernian's failure in all of this dictates how manyof our fans perceive Hearts punishment... or lack of!

Pete
08-07-2014, 10:39 PM

Exactly. Never let the cheats forget.

Edinburgh's disgrace.

Pete
08-07-2014, 10:42 PM
Absolutely agree with this, I think we took our eye off the ball when things started going pear shaped at Tyncastle, more so when they went into Administration, our victory was going to see us in the top 6 challenging for Europe while they fought guaranteed relegation and we were still goibg to be challenging for Europe and honours while they played second fiddle to The Rangers in the Championship.

BUT the fact we took our eye off the ball meant we didn't do any of that and ended up getting the same footballing consequence as them -that means no-one at Hearts truly feels punished and no-one connected with Hibernian truly feels like justice has been served.

Hibernian's failure in all of this dictates how manyof our fans perceive Hearts punishment... or lack of!

When did supporters or fans on message boards start directly influencing matters on the pitch?

The Hibee Harp
09-07-2014, 10:19 AM

...and for anyone who wants to know his view on the Yams dodging their debts and ripping off the tax payer or his hatred for us, only need read his Twitter!

I would have thought there would have been a conflict of interest in getting a Hearts supporter and former club employee to comment on the Government's position about a Hearts supporting official interferring in events that they shouldn't be at a direct cost to the British tax payers.

Expecting Rain
09-07-2014, 10:45 AM

GGTTH

Sorry but they should be reminded every day of every month of every single year that they are cheats and that fans of our club have been cheated for years attending and watching games where there has been no level playing field.

Nutmegged
09-07-2014, 10:46 AM
When did supporters or fans on message boards start directly influencing matters on the pitch?

When did supporters directly influence matters in the pitch? Since time began mate, happens regularly all over the world

Kato
09-07-2014, 10:50 AM
I think obsessing about Hearts and Rangers and never letting them forget that they are theives and sporting criminals will be one small part of spurring us on to winning this League and thereby sickening their ugly criminal pus's. Every tiny bit of leverage counts.

emerald green
09-07-2014, 07:14 PM
Agreed 100%

**** them!

:aok:

emerald green
09-07-2014, 07:16 PM
Exactly. Never let the cheats forget.

Edinburgh's disgrace.

:aok:

tamig
09-07-2014, 08:32 PM
While I agree with you 100% the sad fact of the matter is no-one else gives a stuff about them except us - while we should always make sure they're never allowed to forget what they did, we must move on from it too, we need to make sure it doesn't totally consume us.
And it did last season when we took our eye off the ball big time and ended up where we are for the coming season.

Kato
09-07-2014, 09:03 PM
And it did last season when we took our eye off the ball big time and ended up where we are for the coming season.

Discussing their theivery had sod all to do with what happened on the park.

tamig
09-07-2014, 09:17 PM
Discussing their theivery had sod all to do with what happened on the park.

We obsessed over their predicament that we were blind to our own. I'm not saying the fans could have stopped the downward spiral but I don't think a lot of our support saw relegation coming until it was too late. Our minds were elsewhere.

Kato
09-07-2014, 09:36 PM
We obsessed over their predicament that we were blind to our own. I'm not saying the fans could have stopped the downward spiral but I don't think a lot of our support saw relegation coming until it was too late. Our minds were elsewhere.

I still don't see what could have been done 1979-80 relegation stared us in the face for most of the season. Ditto Duff Jimmy's side. No distractions then and the end result was the same.

boab1875
09-07-2014, 11:31 PM

whilst the intentions of your letter cannot be questioned, what an earth did you expect the reply to say? I hate to burst your bubble but writing letters to such authorities and the whole campaign of emails, letters, phonecalls etc to Lithuania, Alex Salmond and so on was one gigantic time wasting effort that made absolutely no difference to what happened. The Yams are cheats end of and they have all the relevant authorities in place on their side to back up their cheating ways. They have cheated time and time again and we cannot stop or impact that. I knew they would get away with it so decided to just give in and accept it. I really wish others had followed my advice at the time instead of taking time out of their lives to try and "influence" things. Congratulations for achieving nothing.

All you have to do is look at the pattern of cheating. Not anything they have done or successes they have achieved have been done in a dignified manner and they have consistently been supported and given special treatment by HMRC. The lithuanians, the first minister, the police force and several other bodies of authority.

The silver lining is that nobody will let them forget it. They will forever be cheats of midlothian. An eternal stain on the most disgraceful, disgusting club in the world.

erin-go-bragh87
10-07-2014, 09:35 AM
Cringe. Aye let's all write letters clyping on hearts to the government. Seriously need to get a life if that's how you spend your time!!

CropleyWasGod
10-07-2014, 09:44 AM
Cringe. Aye let's all write letters clyping on hearts to the government. Seriously need to get a life if that's how you spend your time!!

Ironic that your name is similar to that of one of the best-known whistle-blowers in recent times. :greengrin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erin_Brockovich

Turkish Green
10-07-2014, 02:34 PM
What has all this solace for the righteous achieved. Absolutely nothing, say it again.

The yams were punished for going into admin. The were put into a player embargo. They were relegated because of it. Yet here we are still trying to get them a harder punishment from those that were never going to listen.

We need to get over it and concentrate on the important thing: saving Hibs from its downward spiral.

Phil D. Rolls
10-07-2014, 02:41 PM
whilst the intentions of your letter cannot be questioned, what an earth did you expect the reply to say? I hate to burst your bubble but writing letters to such authorities and the whole campaign of emails, letters, phonecalls etc to Lithuania, Alex Salmond and so on was one gigantic time wasting effort that made absolutely no difference to what happened. The Yams are cheats end of and they have all the relevant authorities in place on their side to back up their cheating ways. They have cheated time and time again and we cannot stop or impact that. I knew they would get away with it so decided to just give in and accept it. I really wish others had followed my advice at the time instead of taking time out of their lives to try and "influence" things. Congratulations for achieving nothing.

All you have to do is look at the pattern of cheating. Not anything they have done or successes they have achieved have been done in a dignified manner and they have consistently been supported and given special treatment by HMRC. The lithuanians, the first minister, the police force and several other bodies of authority.

The silver lining is that nobody will let them forget it. They will forever be cheats of midlothian. An eternal stain on the most disgraceful, disgusting club in the world.

You must be so proud.

Phil D. Rolls
10-07-2014, 02:56 PM
What has all this solace for the righteous achieved. Absolutely nothing, say it again.

The yams were punished for going into admin. The were put into a player embargo. They were relegated because of it. Yet here we are still trying to get them a harder punishment from those that were never going to listen.

We need to get over it and concentrate on the important thing: saving Hibs from its downward spiral.

You're right, and they never complained about it once. Time for us to show the same dignity that the Yams showed. We're up to it, all we have to do is tell everybody how big we are, spend money to prove it, and then put on wee sad faces when we are told we have to pay it back.

It's how big clubs operate.

MrSmith
10-07-2014, 06:27 PM
Turkish Green

erin-go-bragh87

boab1875

As far as I recall, I did not ask any of you to comment on this! So, if you don't like it ... you know the drill!!!:aok:

boab1875
10-07-2014, 10:01 PM
As far as I recall, I did not ask any of you to comment on this! So, if you don't like it ... you know the drill!!!:aok:

If you didn't want people to comment why start the thread in the first place? In my opinion you have wasted time doing this, the response speaks volumes. Nobody at the scottish government is remotely interested in what you have to say. Sorry mate but this is the sad reality. I've said it time and time again, accept what has happened and move on. This whole Yam saga is deflecing attention from what actually matters, Hibs.

MrSmith
11-07-2014, 08:52 AM
If you didn't want people to comment why start the thread in the first place? In my opinion you have wasted time doing this, the response speaks volumes. Nobody at the scottish government is remotely interested in what you have to say. Sorry mate but this is the sad reality. I've said it time and time again, accept what has happened and move on. This whole Yam saga is deflecing attention from what actually matters, Hibs.

I started the thread to share information and if you didn't like it then why post?

The Scottish Government better take cognizance of what I said! If they want my vote then they'd be best served by listening because I certainly wont vote for a party who associate with tax fraud and cheats! I pay handsomely into the public purse and would expect the government to come down on those who dodge paying it! However, this government qualified their cheating of both the public purse and the people of Lithuania by interfering in something they should have been condemning not seen to be approving of!! I had my say - that is important to me therefore, if they do not listen ... vote lost!

Phil D. Rolls
11-07-2014, 08:56 AM
I started the thread to share information and if you didn't like it then why post?

The Scottish Government better take cognizance of what I said! If they want my vote then they'd be best served by listening because I certainly wont vote for a party who associate with tax fraud and cheats! I pay handsomely into the public purse and would expect the government to come down on those who dodge paying it! However, this government qualified their cheating of both the public purse and the people of Lithuania! I had my say - that is important to me therefore, if they do not listen ... vote lost!

Sod the votes, doing time is the only language these fuds understand!

Turkish Green
11-07-2014, 09:32 AM
However, this government qualified their cheating of both the public purse and the people of Lithuania by interfering in something they should have been condemning not seen to be approving of!! I had my say - that is important to me therefore, if they do not listen ... vote lost!
If the Scottish Government did not condemn the far superior case of cheating (if not fraud) perpetuated by Rangers (IL) then why would they make a public announcement in the lesser offence of going into administration of Hearts, as Motherwell, Dundee, Dunfermline, etc. did before them. If Hearts cheated (as they undoubtedly did) the so did all the other Scottish clubs that went into administration to avoid paying their creditors.

I think it is safe to say that the government is one vote down.

Phil D. Rolls
11-07-2014, 09:35 AM
If the Scottish Government did not condemn the far superior case of cheating (if not fraud) perpetuated by Rangers (IL) then why would they make a public announcement in the lesser offence of going into administration of Hearts, as Motherwell, Dundee, Dunfermline, etc. did before them. If Hearts cheated (as they undoubtedly did) the so did all the other Scottish clubs that went into administration to avoid paying their creditors.

I think it is safe to say that the government is one vote down.

Yes, but they are 400,000 votes up.

Pete
11-07-2014, 10:27 AM
The usual suspects.

MrSmith
11-07-2014, 12:58 PM
The usual suspects.

Yup!

boab1875
11-07-2014, 07:41 PM
The usual suspects.

good film