PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is going on?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

lord bunberry
22-08-2014, 10:22 AM
Tell us how she has lied would you?

I didn't say she had lied to us, I said if the plan was to hope for promotion this season through the playoffs or make a stronger push next season was the plan then that would constitute Dempster saying one thing but planning for another. At this stage it's only speculation due to us not signing many players.

ekhibee
22-08-2014, 10:30 AM
This squad of players CANT win the league, i have no doubt in my mind about that. This squad of players WONT win any play off match, again i have no doubt in my mind about that, if they actually made the play off place?

We still need 4 more players, another left back a centre half, a creative central midfielder and a forward. All players who'd replace those currently in those positions.

If we just signed Griffiths, (please) it still would not be enough to drag this team up in my opinion, we are very short of real quality, which is why i personally think we are not serious about getting up this season.
Couldn't agree more. Another thing I was wondering, when Dempster was at Motherwell, did they not have a small squad as well? I realize I'm creating a whole new conspiracy theory, but would that not suit Petrie to a tee?

Beefster
22-08-2014, 10:35 AM
Couldn't agree more. Another thing I was wondering, when Dempster was at Motherwell, did they not have a small squad as well? I realize I'm creating a whole new conspiracy theory, but would that not suit Petrie to a tee?

This place is mental.

andrew70
22-08-2014, 10:41 AM

Conspiracy theories or not I think this is the way every Scottish club should be going. Slowly but surely clubs are giving youth a chance and in time we will all reap the rewards of this.
A change in structure was much needed. The budget is there and is healthy it's just how it's implemented that matters. Last year we had 9 centre midfielders at the club. Absolutely no need for that at all. IMO these wages could have been used to get 4 better midfielders in rather than spread over 9 different players. While having good youth players as back up. I am still irked by the decision to let Dean Horribine go. Had we not employed so many of the same type of midfielders then perhaps Deano would have got a chance which, IMO, would have been richly deserved.

southern hibby
22-08-2014, 11:08 AM
You missed out (at least) one other option, though this one is less conspiratorial. That there is still money there to get some players in but Stubbs hasnt found players that are what he wants to sign.

Still to many folks immediatley thinking the worst about everything Hibs do at the moment.

You are correct that AS may have money and maybe trying to get more players I'n. I for one hope you ate correct and I'm totally talking bull. Trust me I'm more than happy to be proved wrong as I want a challenging Hibs team on the park.

GGTTH

greenlex
22-08-2014, 02:33 PM
Season ticket sales are down and we have minimum 3 wages being laid out our limited pot of cash. Add to that the back room merry to round leaves little for the playing squad. I said months ago we might be down or a good few years. I still firmly believe that. The ambition to get back up ASAP us still there but it won't be this season. Il settle fir watching decent football for a change and take it from there. Willing to pay exactly what I am for doing it too.

Keith_M
22-08-2014, 02:36 PM
Season ticket sales are down and we have minimum 3 wages being laid out our limited pot of cash. Add to that the back room merry orotund leaves little for the laying squad. I said months ago we might be down or a good few years. I still firmly believe that. The ambition to get back up ASAP us still there but it won't be this season. Il settle fir watching decent football for a change and take it from there. Willing tokay exactly wgatI am fir doing it too.

So Der Hun get promoted this season, Diet Huns next Season and we're in with a chance of going up in 2017...

:thumbsup:

lord bunberry
22-08-2014, 02:45 PM
Season ticket sales are down and we have minimum 3 wages being laid out our limited pot of cash. Add to that the back room merry to round leaves little for the playing squad. I said months ago we might be down or a good few years. I still firmly believe that. The ambition to get back up ASAP us still there but it won't be this season. Il settle fir watching decent football for a change and take it from there. Willing to pay exactly what I am for doing it too.
That's totally unacceptable to me. If that mob across the road are aiming to win the league then that's what we should be aiming for.

SteveHFC
22-08-2014, 02:45 PM

I agree with you. We'll be down for a few years at least.

lord bunberry
22-08-2014, 02:47 PM
I agree with you. We'll be down for a few years at least.

Why though? Can you give me one good reason why we should be playing second fiddle to that shower of *****.

Keith_M
22-08-2014, 02:52 PM
Why though? Can you give me one good reason why we should be playing second fiddle to that shower of *****.

They've sold 5,000 Season Tickets more than us?

:dunno:

SteveHFC
22-08-2014, 02:52 PM

Hearts have signed a number of players this summer, while we have only signed 3 players on permanent deals and 2 players on 6 months loan deals with the majority of players from last season still here.

If we sign a few more players in the coming week i might change my mind but with this current squad i can't see us going back up for a few years. Hopefully I'm wrong though and we go up this season. :aok:

emerald green
22-08-2014, 02:54 PM
That's totally unacceptable to me. If that mob across the road are aiming to win the league then that's what we should be aiming for.

:agree: and I'm pretty sure that's what LD said when she first arrived at ER?

However, as things stand at the moment, I simply do not believe our squad has the strength in depth to win the Championship outright this season.

JimBHibees
22-08-2014, 02:55 PM

Is the financial difference hugely different though?

lord bunberry
22-08-2014, 03:05 PM

They had signed most of their squad long before they had sold anywhere neat that amount. I fully expect us to bring in another 3 or 4 players before the end of this window, failure to do so will result in a lot of fans feeling shortchanged, me included. They can't say "we're keeping season tickets the same price to give us the best chance of winning the league" then make a half arsed attempt to do so.

PatHead
22-08-2014, 04:01 PM
Did L D not say that she wanted 3 players for each position. One a first team experienced player, Two a "senior" or experienced U20 and Three a youngster.

Taking the Goalkeeping position that is Oxley, Combe, Perntreou.

Anyone know how the other positions match up and that will give an idea how many more are expected and where we have too much cover?

greenlex
22-08-2014, 04:40 PM
Like it or not their budget is bigger than ours. It's wrong and gets on my tits but their fans gave dug deep whilst we still question what's going on a board level and bitch about the quality we actually do have on the park. IMO we will be relying on winning play off games at best and unless we get over our failings of the past few seasons sharpish and get a winning mentality we won't do well in them. That will only come with winning games as well as competing in them.

Smartie
22-08-2014, 05:00 PM
They had signed most of their squad long before they had sold anywhere neat that amount. I fully expect us to bring in another 3 or 4 players before the end of this window, failure to do so will result in a lot of fans feeling shortchanged, me included. They can't say "we're keeping season tickets the same price to give us the best chance of winning the league" then make a half arsed attempt to do so.

It's been a variation on that for about a decade, half-arsed would be being kind on how they handled the last 2 transfer windows. I'd hoped that under Stubbs and Dempster it would be different and I stumped up the season ticket cash (against my better judgment) to give them the best shot at achieving the title this year. I've been impressed with the little business they have done but it's not an effort worthy of a £405 season ticket to watch First Division football.

Yet. :hyper:

lord bunberry
22-08-2014, 05:04 PM
Like it or not their budget is bigger than ours. It's wrong and gets on my tits but their fans gave dug deep whilst we still question what's going on a board level and bitch about the quality we actually do have on the park. IMO we will be relying on winning play off games at best and unless we get over our failings of the past few seasons sharpish and get a winning mentality we won't do we in them. That will only come with winning games as well as competing in them.

Other than Sow the rest of their squad was signed before they sold all their season tickets. They did what we should have done, thet signed players and sold season tickets off the back of it.

Borderhibbie76
22-08-2014, 05:11 PM
[/B]

It's been a variation on that for about a decade, half-arsed would be being kind on how they handled the last 2 transfer windows. I'd hoped that under Stubbs and Dempster it would be different and I stumped up the season ticket cash (against my better judgment) to give them the best shot at achieving the title this year. I've been impressed with the little business they have done but it's not an effort worthy of a £405 season ticket to watch First Division football.

I agree 100%...like u against my better judgement I stumped up for a ST and am starting to feel very short changed...

Elephant Stone
22-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Other than Sow the rest of their squad was signed before they sold all their season tickets. They did what we should have done, thet signed players and sold season tickets off the back of it.

They signed two players quite early and a reserve goalie, hardly the kind of transfer activity which caused the massive difference in season ticket sales, is it?

ancient hibee
22-08-2014, 05:15 PM

And Motherwell have been finishing where in relation to us again?

lord bunberry
22-08-2014, 05:20 PM
[/B]

I just need to stop getting myself so worked up and annoyed, we could sign 3 or 4 decent players next week. My patience is wearing thin yhough and I can't help thinking the club is saying one thing but planning for another

KeithTheHibby
22-08-2014, 05:34 PM

So what??? Man United attract 75000 fans each week, does that mean they will finish top? What a stupid reason to give.

Alfred E Newman
22-08-2014, 05:40 PM
Hearts have signed a number of players this summer, while we have only signed 3 players on permanent deals and 2 players on 6 months loan deals with the majority of players from last season still here.

If we sign a few more players in the coming week i might change my mind but with this current squad i can't see us going back up for a few years. Hopefully I'm wrong though and we go up this season. :aok:

You don't get promoted or win leagues by buying more players than your rivals. It's about quality not numbers. We probably need 2 decent players to have a chance.

Lee
22-08-2014, 05:42 PM
Funny thing is, people are complaining about budget - yeah, it's a factor, but if the league came down to budget alone, we wouldn't have been relegated last season....

Bottom line is we don't have a big enough squad if we're meant to have 2 senior players for every position, excluding the u20 per position.

Who is the second right back if we're meant to have 2-3 players for every position? If it's Forster, who plays CH if one is injured or suspended?
Why DO we have 2 centre backs and only one experienced back up?
Do we have 4 senior players who can play left or right wing?
Do we actually have a partner for El Alagui? If Cummings, don't we need another?

We DO have some quality players in certain positions and we ARE going in the right direction in terms of coaching and infrastructure for the club, but to say our squad is threadbare is a bloody understatement....and if we keep picking up silly cards and suspensions we're only going to make it harder for ourselves!

greenlex
22-08-2014, 05:51 PM
Other than Sow the rest of their squad was signed before they sold all their season tickets. They did what we should have done, thet signed players and sold season tickets off the back of it. I don't believe that for a minute that is the case. They had a seige mentality all season and towards the end after any hope of staying up was gone they eventually did well on the park against all odds. Their fans got right behind them and that has continued into this season after the year of turmoil.The polar opposite of us and understandably so. Their season tickets were late in being put on sale due to the admin/ budgie takeover stuff. It's nothing to do with who and when they were signed. I do believe Petrie's continued presence is hindering us and again that's understandable but we are where we are. Only the fans digging deep financially and vocally backing the team/club can effect a positive outcome. We won't spend what we don't have and rightly so. Only my opinion of course.

Ozyhibby
22-08-2014, 08:19 PM
You missed out (at least) one other option, though this one is less conspiratorial. That there is still money there to get some players in but Stubbs hasnt found players that are what he wants to sign.

Still to many folks immediatley thinking the worst about everything Hibs do at the moment.

Too many? Or not enough?

HH81
23-08-2014, 04:51 PM
I was given a bit of stick about this thread but i was right all along!!!!

Phil MaGlass
24-08-2014, 09:51 AM
Have we not signed anyone yet

smurf
24-08-2014, 10:51 AM
Waiting on David Forsyth typing the wording?

Pretty Boy
24-08-2014, 11:00 AM
'Hibernian manager Alan Stubbs today insisted he is happy to go with the squad he has as the club push for promotion back to the Premiership. Hibs have signed 5 players during the pre season and despite seeing 18 leave Stubbs feels he has a squad capable of challenging. In a statement carefully prepared by PR guru Mr Forsyth Stubss said "The squad is looking strong, with decent sales of half season tickets from November onwards I might be able to add some quality over quantity in January." Meanwhile it must be noted that pitch is still looking in excellent conditions, the kids involved in the half time challenge had a great time, the ladies under 9s won 4-1 and no one has said anything nasty on Twitter in months. Half season tickets will be available from November 21st priced at standard Premiership prices, by buying a half season ticket we might get a couple of loanees in and Terry Butchers rhodedendrons will continue to flourish. It's your club so give us your ****ing money!'

Wilbur
24-08-2014, 11:47 AM
Considering we had no reduction in season ticket prices, and we accepted that as we were told the club needed the money, I would have expected some return on my ticket money with another couple of signings. We don't look like a team capable of challenging for promotion. Something needs to be done. :confused:

gegs70
24-08-2014, 12:39 PM
Strangely stubbs said he was happy to go with a smaller squad and said nelson could go...who would come in if nelson wasn't available Otj?

bingo70
24-08-2014, 12:45 PM
I was given a bit of stick about this thread but i was right all along!!!!

Bit early for that I think.

I'd like at least another 2 signings but I still think we could have a good season with the current squad.

J-C
24-08-2014, 01:03 PM
'Hibernian manager Alan Stubbs today insisted he is happy to go with the squad he has as the club push for promotion back to the Premiership. Hibs have signed 5 players during the pre season and despite seeing 18 leave Stubbs feels he has a squad capable of challenging. In a statement carefully prepared by PR guru Mr Forsyth Stubss said "The squad is looking strong, with decent sales of half season tickets from November onwards I might be able to add some quality over quantity in January." Meanwhile it must be noted that pitch is still looking in excellent conditions, the kids involved in the half time challenge had a great time, the ladies under 9s won 4-1 and no one has said anything nasty on Twitter in months. Half season tickets will be available from November 21st priced at standard Premiership prices, by buying a half season ticket we might get a couple of loanees in and Terry Butchers rhodedendrons will continue to flourish. It's your club so give us your ****ing money!'

I was believing this post until I got half way through and realised it was you at the wind up hahaha :greengrin

Colonel_HFC
24-08-2014, 01:06 PM
I can't believe we are not making a serious attempt to sign at least one of the Moomins! How bad does it have to get before we sign some quality players that can do a job for the club? And surely one of the Moomins is an obvious choice - at least we might score some goals. The Moomins have a good goal to game ratio. It seems like an obvious solution to me. Sign a Moomin.

john18722
24-08-2014, 01:42 PM
I can't believe we are not making a serious attempt to sign at least one of the Moomins! How bad does it have to get before we sign some quality players that can do a job for the club? And surely one of the Moomins is an obvious choice - at least we might score some goals. The Moomins have a good goal to game ratio. It seems like an obvious solution to me. Sign a Moomin.

I saw one of them had a decent record at Fleetwood Town last season who are managed by former Scotland International Graeme Alexander. The Moomin also had a few assists. Now released on a free though so surely worth a punt.

Colonel_HFC
24-08-2014, 01:59 PM
I saw one of them had a decent record at Fleetwood Town last season who are managed by former Scotland International Graeme Alexander. The Moomin also had a few assists. Now released on a free though so surely worth a punt.

And he plays at international level for Finland.

Greenworld
25-08-2014, 07:41 AM
So what??? Man United attract 75000 fans each week, does that mean they will finish top? What a stupid reason to give.
Its not really they finish top more often than not....

Aritch
25-08-2014, 02:52 PM
And he plays at international level for Finland.

Any further movement on the moomin front?

We need new faces/shapes desperately.

HH81
11-10-2014, 04:38 PM
The big kick off is 4 weeks on Saturday and the club is no further forward from this time last week. I understand we now have an assistant in but that means nothing with the squad we have. Every other teams are signing players.

I accept people are going to reply and see give them a chance but this is serious.

A team needs to be in place now to train and get gelled plus play pre season games etc. Is this another year of rubbish ahead? Are players turning Hibs down on wages?

Hibs fans are paying the highest prices in the league so this needs to get sorted straight away.

Looking like I was right in July.

NOLA
11-10-2014, 10:32 PM
Looking like I was right in July.
well done :agree: its a shambles and not looking like getting any better soon, Farmer OUT, you saved this club once but your killing it slowly now.