PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Shop Vouchers - out of date?

woodythehibee
08-07-2014, 09:15 AM
My nephew got vouchers at Christmas and was keeping them for the new shirt as he already had most of the gear. I've just noticed that the vouchers expire after 6 months. How strict are they on this? Anybody used an out of date voucher recently without any problems?

Cheers

Greenworld
08-07-2014, 09:40 AM
Dont know but just phone the shop and ask

lord bunberry
08-07-2014, 09:48 AM
I've never understood how vouchers can expire. You've paid money for them

Charnley 4
08-07-2014, 11:38 AM
I've never understood how vouchers can expire. You've paid money for them I would imagine it would be to keep records as up to date as possible. Money in stock out and all squared off.

Geo_1875
08-07-2014, 01:06 PM
I've never understood how vouchers can expire. You've paid money for them

Depends if you've paid the merchant or through a 3rd party and whether any discounts applied. If you've paid full amount for the gift voucher to the Hibs shop they can't legally enforce an expiry date.

lord bunberry
08-07-2014, 01:21 PM
Depends if you've paid the merchant or through a 3rd party and whether any discounts applied. If you've paid full amount for the gift voucher to the Hibs shop they can't legally enforce an expiry date.

That's what I couldn't understand, but I hadn't considered that they may have been purchased from a 3rd party

Scouse Hibee
08-07-2014, 07:39 PM

I had a look on some websites and it's a minefield, plenty of retailers do it and get away with it, there seems to be various reasons as to why they do and others why they shouldn't but no black and white answer. :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
08-07-2014, 09:05 PM
No way they won't honour it. Just tell them there was nothing in the shop that he wanted after Christmas (which won't even be a lie as the stuff in there was crap.

ozzie
08-07-2014, 09:07 PM
Just tell them he was waiting on the new strip coming out. It's usually out before now even if it is the away one that is out first normally.