PDA

View Full Version : Butcher & Malpas - have they been gagged?!

Ross89
08-07-2014, 09:13 AM
I've not seen or heard anything from Butcher or Malpas since their sacking (I presume Malpas HAS been sacked, has this actually been confirmed?)

It would be interesting to hear their views (along the lines of "we admit that we monumentally cocked it up at Hibs").

Have the club forbidden them from speaking as part of their "payoff"?

lord bunberry
08-07-2014, 09:20 AM
I think all managers sign a confidentially clause

Peevemor
08-07-2014, 09:22 AM
Fmmff mff!

Ross89
08-07-2014, 09:26 AM

That's a shame as I'd love to hear their views on the shambles that was last season. Even to hear them admitting their mistakes would perhaps provide an extremely small amount of comfort!

HH81
08-07-2014, 09:27 AM
Fmmff mff!

Any reason why your going onto threads and posting crap?

Peevemor
08-07-2014, 09:29 AM
Any reason why your going onto threads and posting crap?

It was an attempt at humour, ie. Malpas's stock answer whilst wearing a gag. Geddit?

Any reason why you're starting new threads about stuff that's being discussed already on the forum?

Golden Bear
08-07-2014, 09:30 AM
Equally, last year's playing squad should be asked to appear individually in front of a selected Hibs net firing squad in order to explain their total lack of professionalism both on and off the park.

HH81
08-07-2014, 09:31 AM
It was an attempt at humour, ie. Malpas's stock answer whilst wearing a gag. Geddit?

Any reason why you're starting new threads about stuff that's being discussed already on the forum?

Your humour needs some work. :na na:

If it has I am sure it will be merged?

Groathillgrump
08-07-2014, 09:40 AM
Fmmff mff!

I appreciated your humour and thought it was funny. :greengrin

jacomo
08-07-2014, 10:02 AM
That's a shame as I'd love to hear their views on the shambles that was last season. Even to hear them admitting their mistakes would perhaps provide an extremely small amount of comfort!

:agree:

Hibs should release them from any gagging clause immediately. I imagine their views might be full of self-pity, but this would only confirm that LD was right to get shot of them.

Geo_1875
08-07-2014, 10:05 AM
:agree:

Hibs should release them from any gagging clause immediately. I imagine their views might be full of self-pity, but this would only confirm that LD was right to get shot of them.

I really don't care to hear their excuses for the calamity that was last season. I'm quite happy for any confidentiality clause to remain in force.

Steve-O
08-07-2014, 10:20 AM

I got it! :greengrin

poolman
08-07-2014, 10:27 AM
I've not seen or heard anything from Butcher or Malpas since their sacking (I presume Malpas HAS been sacked, has this actually been confirmed?)

It would be interesting to hear their views (along the lines of "we admit that we monumentally cocked it up at Hibs").

If I were them I really wouldn't want to talk about their " achievements " at ER

Keith_M
08-07-2014, 10:27 AM
Fmmff mff!

Maybe it would have been funnier if you'd used this.

:lips seal

Billy Whizz
08-07-2014, 10:31 AM
There probably still on the payroll unfortunately. Means they probably can't speak about Hibs or they'll be in breach of contract

Winston Ingram
08-07-2014, 10:35 AM

I'm assuming that they haven't received a pay-off and are on permanent gardening leave and still receiving their wages. Therefore as employees of the club they would be liable to disciplinary procedures if they said anything derogatory.

Alternatively, maybe they've just crawled under a rock and don't want to come out as they are too embarrassed about the rancid job they did here.

--------
08-07-2014, 10:51 AM

Non-Disclosure Agreements. :agree:

Well-beloved of STF and RP for many years now.

RIP Bestie
08-07-2014, 10:54 AM

Why do people on here always seem to want to have a pop at you. FWIW I think you post some good stuff and are worth listening to. I just don't get where some people on here are coming from.

Peevemor
08-07-2014, 10:58 AM

Nice wee dig there Doddie, but how many managers do you hear spilling the beans about what went on at their former clubs?

Peevemor
08-07-2014, 11:00 AM
Why do people on here always seem to want to have a pop at you. FWIW I think you post some good stuff and are worth listening to. I just don't get where some people on here are coming from.

It's probably because I'm not averse to having a pop at people myself - especially of the scratched record variety.

Don't worry about it - I don't. :aok:

Lago
08-07-2014, 11:01 AM

Frankly I dont see the point of looking at the past. Anything they might say will have absolutely no effect on the future of Hibs. Move on, point less post.

GordonR
08-07-2014, 11:02 AM
I'll save you those sleepless nights of wondering. They'd blame, in short order--

1. Petrie and the set-up at the club.
2. The players.
3. Bad luck and some poor refereeing decisions.
4. The fans.

At no point would they turn their keen analytical skills on their own abilities or performance in the job.

(((Fergus)))
08-07-2014, 11:06 AM
1) It was funny.

2) I have no interest in hearing from either of those balloons ever again. They said nothing of insight while here - swearing aside - and are unlikely to say anything of insight afterwards. Their main concern now is trying to save their reputation, such as it was.

erin go bragh
08-07-2014, 11:24 AM
Heard enough of their bull**** first time . Can we please try and forget about they pair of buffoons .

Ggtth

Wembley67
08-07-2014, 11:26 AM
Absolutely no one whatever job you are in with a slightest bit of common sense is going to open up about the goings on at a previous employers.

It can be bad enough Joe Public doing it in the pub but too national papers??? Any potential employers will not touch you if you are mouthing off about previous jobs.

Broken Gnome
08-07-2014, 11:27 AM
Was Malpas not interviewed just after they were told to do one? Seem to remember some generic regret and confusion at how it had all panned out.

Ross89
08-07-2014, 11:39 AM
Frankly I dont see the point of looking at the past. Anything they might say will have absolutely no effect on the future of Hibs. Move on, point less post.

Disagree - lessons learned from their mistakes?

Cheers for the "pointless post" comment!

Ross89
08-07-2014, 11:40 AM
Was Malpas not interviewed just after they were told to do one? Seem to remember some generic regret and confusion at how it had all panned out.

If he was Richey, I never heard it or read about it.

Brooster
08-07-2014, 11:44 AM
Couple of con merchants who have bluffed their way through their managerial careers.

Lago
08-07-2014, 01:35 PM
Disagree - lessons learned from their mistakes?

Cheers for the "pointless post" comment!
And what will we learn?
Nothing learned from Calderwood or Yogi or Mixu. I could go on naming names it wont achieve didilly squat. Look forward not back.

--------
08-07-2014, 01:54 PM
Nice wee dig there Doddie, but how many managers do you hear spilling the beans about what went on at their former clubs?

Sorry, Peevemor, but Easter Road's about as people friendly as the Lubianka and has been for far too long.

Football supporters are much more than 'customers', but that's how STF and RP have always treated us. I don't want to hear what Butcher or Malpas think about Hibs, their time at Hibs, their sackings from Hibs, or where Hibs could possibly go from here.

Dishing the dirt on former employers is unethical anyway, whether an NDA is in place or not.

But I would like to know more than I do about how the team I've followed for 50 years is being run, and I'm not prepared to accept a "Don't worry, Sir Tom and Uncle Rod and Auntie Leeann know best" line, because I'm not in any sense persuaded that they do.

bigwheel
08-07-2014, 01:57 PM
I'm not sure butcher and malpas would come out in any positive light speaking about their time here - they would be best to keep there heads down - one of the biggest fails in Scottish football history

Bostonhibby
08-07-2014, 01:59 PM

:agree: It's how Rod has kept a long line of sacked, departed by mutual etc......managers from disclosing anything, chiefly his own role in their appointments, departures and crucially day to day influences......allegedly obviously:wink:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-07-2014, 02:01 PM
I dont want to hear from them ever again.

Speedway
08-07-2014, 02:02 PM
Is Peevemor funny? - yes.

was the fmff mfff thing funny? - yes.

--------
08-07-2014, 02:06 PM
:agree: It's how Rod has kept a long line of sacked, departed by mutual etc......managers from disclosing anything, chiefly his own role in their appointments, departures and crucially day to day influences......allegedly obviously:wink:

Justified as "standard business practice".

They both need to learn that there's a vast difference between running a football club in a business-like manner, and running it and treating it just like any other business, and the supporters as no better than cash-cows.

Which is what they do.

TowerHibs
08-07-2014, 02:06 PM
Sorry, Peevemor, but Easter Road's about as people friendly as the Lubianka and has been for far too long.

Football supporters are much more than 'customers', but that's how STF and RP have always treated us. I don't want to hear what Butcher or Malpas think about Hibs, their time at Hibs, their sackings from Hibs, or where Hibs could possibly go from here.

Dishing the dirt on former employers is unethical anyway, whether an NDA is in place or not.

But I would like to know more than I do about how the team I've followed for 50 years is being run, and I'm not prepared to accept a "Don't worry, Sir Tom and Uncle Rod and Auntie Leeann know best" line, because I'm not in any sense persuaded that they do.

Cough up the money to buy us then. Like it or not (and i understand that we are not "normal" customers) the club does not have to tell you everything that goes on. The club also has it's rights

Hibiza
08-07-2014, 02:07 PM
Malpas, foul mouth . he be swearing down the pub.

Baldy Foghorn
08-07-2014, 02:35 PM
I really don't care to hear their excuses for the calamity that was last season. I'm quite happy for any confidentiality clause to remain in force.

Snap, nothing that the two clowns could say, would appease me now, after their calamitous efforts........No comfort would be taken from hearing them describe their short comings

Kato
08-07-2014, 03:57 PM
Malpas was interviewed in The Sun a couple of weeks ago.

Not heard anything from Butcher, he'll be in a crockery shop somewhere playing Toro with the cups and saucers.

Lester B
08-07-2014, 04:06 PM
I'm not sure butcher and malpas would come out in any positive light speaking about their time here - they would be best to keep there heads down - one of the biggest fails in Scottish football history

And also for some reason both print and broadcast media seem to love Butcher. Therefore no one would be willing to ask him the one question we would all like to ask him: you do know tactics are not small mint sweets don't you?

greenlex
08-07-2014, 04:11 PM

They both need to learn that there's a vast difference between running a football club in a business-like manner, and running it and treating it just like any other business, and the supporters as no better than cash-cows.

Which is what they do.Just like to point out its also "standard football practice".

Caversham Green
08-07-2014, 04:15 PM
So if they were to talk, what do we think they would say?

I know the answer for Maurice Hapless (4,3 one letter used three times) but what about Butcher?

Thecat23
08-07-2014, 04:19 PM
People often think these deals are done when they leave or are sacked. They are actually in their contract from when they arrive and they sign it then. Saves any hassle of getting them to sign when getting the bullet!

3pm
08-07-2014, 06:11 PM
Snap, nothing that the two clowns could say, would appease me now, after their calamitous efforts........No comfort would be taken from hearing them describe their short comings

I am not sure it'd be their fault S.

As a boob man, they're a couple of tits I'll gladly never see again.

Heedraba
08-07-2014, 06:18 PM

It seems, where Ms Dempster is concerned, silence is golden. I don't like the new home kit. The cynic in me reckons it's a ploy to sell more away kits as Hibs will have to change for more games as the new disaster looks like most other strips in the league. They'll certainly have to change when playing at Ibrox and Tynecastle.

Regarding honouring the Famous Five with this strip, I think it's an extremely contrived reason for for doing away with the white sleeves. Hibs have had white sleeves since 1938 (76 years ago), but to us still living Hibs supporters, the white sleeves made it a Hibs strip just like Motherwell's claret hoop or Blackburn's blue & white halfs.

Bostonhibby
08-07-2014, 06:23 PM

Which is what they do.

Apparently Petrie arranged for a horses heid to be put in their beds to ensure omerta prevailed. Problem was they knew it was him as he invoiced them for delivery.

Carheenlea
08-07-2014, 06:37 PM
Couple of con merchants who have bluffed their way through their managerial careers.

:agree: I feel foolish now for falling for the hype and believing the nonsense spouted by Butcher at the start of his disastrous tenure. As you say, a pair of con men.

Baldy Foghorn
08-07-2014, 06:47 PM
It seems, where Ms Dempster is concerned, silence is golden. I don't like the new home kit. The cynic in me reckons it's a ploy to sell more away kits as Hibs will have to change for more games as the new disaster looks like most other strips in the league. They'll certainly have to change when playing at Ibrox and Tynecastle.

Regarding honouring the Famous Five with this strip, I think it's an extremely contrived reason for for doing away with the white sleeves. Hibs have had white sleeves since 1938 (76 years ago), but to us still living Hibs supporters, the white sleeves made it a Hibs strip just like Motherwell's claret hoop or Blackburn's blue & white halfs.

I would say that is baloney......

08-07-2014, 06:56 PM
No wonder, they should be utterly embarrassed at how spectacularly they plummeted us.

Heedraba
08-07-2014, 07:08 PM
Cough up the money to buy us then. Like it or not (and i understand that we are not "normal" customers) the club does not have to tell you everything that goes on. The club also has it's rights

Well said. I fully and utterly agree with you. Why does it have to be such a big secret all the time with Hibs?

yekimevol
08-07-2014, 07:10 PM
I don't want to hear anything from them not even an apology, they are the worst thing to happen to our great club that I have ever witnessed taken a mid table side into relegation and now Dempster and Stubbs have to pick up the pieces and lead us onwards and hopefully upwards.

weonlywon6-2
08-07-2014, 07:15 PM

Very true,have moved on,whos terry butcher anyway ????

Jonnyboy
08-07-2014, 07:19 PM
If he was Richey, I never heard it or read about it.

It was a very short interview

Journo "Maurice, are you out of work now and how do you feel about that?"

MM "eff off ***** ****** ***"

Jonnyboy
08-07-2014, 07:20 PM

You jest, surely?

Hibbyradge
08-07-2014, 07:29 PM

lol

What has any of that got to do with Butcher and Malpas?

There are several threads around for people mto whinge about pieces of clothing they don't like.

emerald green
08-07-2014, 08:15 PM
I'll save you those sleepless nights of wondering. They'd blame, in short order--

1. Petrie and the set-up at the club.
2. The players.
3. Bad luck and some poor refereeing decisions.
4. The fans.

At no point would they turn their keen analytical skills on their own abilities or performance in the job.

This. :top marks

Viva_Palmeiras
08-07-2014, 08:32 PM

absolute side show - switch on to the future.... Complete irrelevance to out clubs future move on IMO.

Speedy
08-07-2014, 09:40 PM
They've been too busy since taking over the Brazilian national team.

Peevemor
08-07-2014, 09:41 PM

:faf: :top marks

Hibbyradge
08-07-2014, 09:53 PM

:thumbsup:

RIP
08-07-2014, 09:59 PM

The owners and board are not the club bud

They are merely the incompetents who have taken a club with our resources and steered us into the second division

Whatever else you want to call these bumbling idiots they do not merit the title 'The Club'

The Club is far greater, far more honourable than they will ever be

FranckSuzy
08-07-2014, 11:22 PM

Eh?!

hfc rd
08-07-2014, 11:35 PM
I'm sure they were in charge of the Brazil team against Germany last night.

Don't really want to hear their excuses. Two complete utter bawbags who have failed at every club they have been at except Inverness. Don't think they will get a job in football management again. Any chairmen or chairwomen should stay well clear off these two clowns.

--------
09-07-2014, 12:13 AM
Cough up the money to buy us then. Like it or not (and I understand that we are not "normal" customers) the club does not have to tell you everything that goes on. The club also has its rights

Oh dear - sorry I woke you up, Sir Tom.

I don't want to know everything that goes on. Just a little bit more than I'm getting from the club right now.

eastmainsmsh
09-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Maurice has been diagnosed with mcleanrantsyndrome while terry is in his plush new apartment down east coast thinking of highland heather

Hibs7
09-07-2014, 10:30 AM
Don't know about gagged but, hung drawn and quartered would not have been enough for those two !

hhibs
09-07-2014, 11:42 AM
[QUOTE=Hibs7;4091483]Don't know about gagged but, hung drawn and quartered would not have been enough for those two ![/QUOTE

That crossed my mind but....... too good for them !

GGTTH

jacomo
09-07-2014, 03:07 PM
So if they were to talk, what do we think they would say?

I know the answer for Maurice Hapless (4,3 one letter used three times) but what about Butcher?

Butcher: "I asked Rod: If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be? I wanted to get inside his head a little bit. Me, I'm an English Oak - big, strong, and big. Broad-shouldered and warrior-like, if you like. Am I still talking about trees? Maybe. Talking about warriors with Roman noses, Rome wasn't built in a day. And certainly not with these so called soldiers. Kevin Thomson's probably a socialist. Anyhow, it's all about the long view. I am Ceasar and I will build an Empire to last a thousand years. Up and at em boys! But Rod didn't answer the question. Just muttered something about being relegated, and left the room in tears."

Malpas: ****** **** *** you ****** ******** *****!

stalbanshibby
10-07-2014, 08:02 AM

Butcher just been on 5 live talking about world cup final- on gardening leave apparently so still being paid by the club. Says he's looking forward to doing f&&k all in the season ahead (but being paid obviously).

James70
10-07-2014, 10:01 AM
He was also on BBC Breakfast talking about losing penalty shoot outs and his experiences of them as a player. Strangely he never talked about his most recent experience of losing one as a manager.