PDA

View Full Version : This season is a chance to right some wrongs

hibs0666
07-07-2014, 05:45 PM
The season offers up the potential of a two-legged play-off against the yaks, winner takes all. Beat them in those games and we'll have gone a long way to ensuring that the yaks become a fixture in that league for years to come.

Time to start the pay-back Hibs.

Northernhibee
07-07-2014, 05:46 PM
I want us to win the league.

oneone73
07-07-2014, 05:48 PM
The season offers up the potential of a two-legged play-off against the yaks, winner takes all. Beat them in those games and we'll have gone a long way to ensuring that the yaks become a fixture in that league for years to come.

I'd rather we went up as champions. And the Yaks were nowhere near the playoffs (not at the top end of the table anyway)

lord bunberry
07-07-2014, 05:49 PM

So do I. If we were to get that lot in the play offs there's a danger that whoever gets through will have very little energy for the play off final.

lord bunberry
07-07-2014, 05:50 PM

It's not winner takes all, we'd still have to play the second bottom team in the premiership

hibs0666
07-07-2014, 05:51 PM
It's not winner takes all, we'd still have to play the second bottom team in the premiership

OK, losers get nowt then. :wink:

Ozyhibby
07-07-2014, 05:58 PM
Why not just win the league and forget about those ******.

hibs0666
07-07-2014, 06:01 PM
Why not just win the league and forget about those ******.

Easy as that. :wink:

I like the cut of your jib. Unfortunately The Rangers will be streets ahead of us and the yaks and so (at best) play-offs here we come.

ScottM1875
07-07-2014, 06:02 PM
We need to stop focusing on 'them' and start focusing on ourselves. This is a big year for us and as long as we get promoted and beat them in the derbies, I don't care where they end up in the league.

hibbybrian
07-07-2014, 06:10 PM
We need to stop focusing on 'them' and start focusing on ourselves. This is a big year for us and as long as we get promoted and beat them in the derbies, I don't care where they end up in the league.

:agree:

I still cringe at the posts about HIBS should drop points against teams below us in order that we could then beat Hearts and relegate them - Aye right :rolleyes:

Keith_M
07-07-2014, 06:11 PM

:agree:

Plus the only playoff I want Hearts to be in is the one between them and a team from League One.

emerald green
07-07-2014, 06:26 PM
There are other teams in this league apart from Der Hun, the Yaks, and HFC.

I think it would be foolish, and very disrespectful to these other teams, to simply write them off. Hibs supporters, and Yaks, should have learned that lesson by now surely.

Michael
07-07-2014, 06:27 PM
I want us to win the Scottish Cup! If we do that I won't care if we never get promoted.

EK_Hibs
07-07-2014, 06:39 PM
No matter who is promoted this coming season, ourselves and the Yams will not 'become a fixture in that league for years to come'.

SaulGoodman
07-07-2014, 07:11 PM
I just want us to play decent football, win most of our games and bring through some youngsters that care about the short on their back.

If we do that I'm not even bothered if we don't come straight back up.

lord bunberry
07-07-2014, 07:23 PM
I just want us to play decent football, win most of our games and bring through some youngsters that care about the short on their back.

If we do that I'm not even bothered if we don't come straight back up.

If our youngsters start wearing their shorts on their back we're in for a long hard season :greengrin

SaulGoodman
07-07-2014, 07:35 PM
If our youngsters start wearing their shorts on their back we're in for a long hard season :greengrin

:greengrin

Sometimes I swear phones autocorrect those things on purpose!

Betty Boop
07-07-2014, 07:38 PM
I want us to win the Scottish Cup! If we do that I won't care if we never get promoted.

Aye nae bother.

lord bunberry
07-07-2014, 07:41 PM

Sometimes I swear phones autocorrect those things on purpose!

Kato
07-07-2014, 09:00 PM

Looking forward to sickening them by winning the League.

Northernhibee
07-07-2014, 09:39 PM
Fat Sally is as bad a hoofball merchant as Butcher was - if Stubbsy gets us playing fast pass and move football on the deck then we have every chance of pumping them.

Sir David Gray
07-07-2014, 09:47 PM
We'll need to get into the play offs first!

I don't have any expectations for this season at all at the moment so I'll just wait and see what happens.

banarc7062
08-07-2014, 07:58 AM
Easy as that. :wink:

I like the cut of your jib. Unfortunately The Rangers will be streets ahead of us and the yaks and so (at best) play-offs here we come.

Have confidence man. Lets go for it. What have we to loose. Everything to gain.:flag:

Forza Fred
08-07-2014, 08:07 AM
Fat Sally is as bad a hoofball merchant as Butcher was - if Stubbsy gets us playing fast pass and move football on the deck then we have every chance of pumping them.

Not with the squad we currently have

I'll wait and see who we sign before suggesting we are more likely to beat the Huns than lose to them

Ronniekirk
08-07-2014, 08:15 AM
We'll need to get into the play offs first!

I don't have any expectations for this season at all at the moment so I'll just wait and see what happens.
I would certainly be difficult to have great expectations with the squad as is ,and given our recent history against Hearts to start looking to right some wrongs is an admiral objective but when we start getting caught up in all the hype it has invariably backfired on us so one game at a time for me and if it so happens we beat them along the way and we get promoted and they don't ,then great