PDA

View Full Version : Commonwealth Games Outfits make Hibs strip look like a classic

worcesterhibby
06-07-2014, 07:54 PM
Well some nutter called Jilli who thinks she is a mixture between Noddy Holder from Slade and Wille Wonka has taken the shine of Hibs having the crappest sporting outfit of the year, by designing an absolute train wreck of an outfit for the Scotland Team to wear at the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony.

Very, very , very embarrassing

Lago
06-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Well some nutter called Jilli who thinks she is a mixture between Noddy Holder from Slade and Wille Wonka has taken the shine of Hibs having the crappest sporting outfit of the year, by designing an absolute train wreck of an outfit for the Scotland Team to wear at the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony.

You are so right! My wife and I took one look and fell about laughing. Had us creased up.

Billy Whizz
06-07-2014, 08:01 PM
You are so right! My wife and I took one look and fell about laughing. Had us creased up.

You mean you don't like it? Lots of planning and time has gone into this. Maybe like the Hibs strip, you'll grow to like it

Beefster
06-07-2014, 08:02 PM
I'm not quite sure why I hate them so much but the men's socks are the worst bit of it for me. Not that the rest isn't horrific, mind you.

HibeesLA
06-07-2014, 08:36 PM

I like the training top on the right hand side. Might have to get that instead. It's probably half the price too :greengrin

jdships
06-07-2014, 08:38 PM
Oh dear !!!
That's all I can think of saying !!

DarrenSQH
06-07-2014, 08:54 PM
As soon as I saw it I thought they must have used the same designer that we did this season. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/07/e5a9yped.jpg

Peevemor
06-07-2014, 09:03 PM
I'm not quite sure why I hate them so much but the men's socks are the worst bit of it for me. Not that the rest isn't horrific, mind you.

The socks go OK with the kilts, but would look better if the sporrans and brogues were black. The shirts and the wifies' outfits are boufin'. Mind you, if that's the designer you can see in the photos she looks like she's been in an explosion in an Oxfam shop.

SkintHibby
06-07-2014, 09:14 PM
This is a Hibs forum.

Not one **** is given about a countries crappy outfits for some past it's sell by date crappy games.:rolleyes:

Peevemor
06-07-2014, 09:25 PM
This is a Hibs forum.

Not one **** is given about a countries crappy outfits for some past it's sell by date crappy games.:rolleyes:

Obviously some people do or they wouldn't have commented.

Gatecrasher
06-07-2014, 09:37 PM

:hilarious

over the line
06-07-2014, 10:34 PM
[QUOTE=DarrenSQH;4089029]As soon as I saw it I thought they must have used the same designer that we did this season. [IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/07/e5a9yped.

Wow! It looks like it should be in a Disney musical or something!?!? It's how I imagine most Americans think Scottish people dress all the time! :eek:

Time For Heroes
06-07-2014, 10:56 PM
I like the training top on the right hand side. Might have to get that instead. It's probably half the price too :greengrin

:greengrin

basehibby
06-07-2014, 11:14 PM

:agree: The socks have the unusual quality of making each of the wearers look like the owners of a pair of prosthetic limbs

Turkish Green
06-07-2014, 11:50 PM
Brigadoon has come to town.

worcesterhibby
07-07-2014, 07:49 AM
You mean you don't like it? Lots of planning and time has gone into this. Maybe like the Hibs strip, you'll grow to like it

I can appreciate that a lot of time and planning has gone into it, but then a lot of time and planning went into coaching Hibs last season and we were still abject failures.

The designer Jilli Blackwood has every right to dress the way she does, personally I think she looks an utterly stupid, but hey..what she wears in none of my business. However, whoever decided that she was the right person to design Scotlands outfits for the Games has made a very poor decision. The outfits are embarrassing, thankfully the actual sports kist don't feature the same colour scheme.

Just cos someone tries really hard, doesn't mean they can't make a complete mess of things.

Keith_M
07-07-2014, 10:16 AM
I can appreciate that a lot of time and planning has gone into it, but then a lot of time and planning went into coaching Hibs last season and we were still abject failures.

I think you've just had a whooooosh moment :wink:

The designer Jilli Blackwood has every right to dress the way she does, personally I think she looks an utterly stupid, but hey..what she wears in none of my business. However, whoever decided that she was the right person to design Scotlands outfits for the Games has made a very poor decision. The outfits are embarrassing, thankfully the actual sports kist don't feature the same colour scheme.

I think if I was the one that handed out the contract for designing the outfits, Ms Blackwood's dress sense would have been responsible for her being removed from my potential designers list the moment she walked through the door :greengrin

jdships
07-07-2014, 10:34 AM
" Ms Blackwood, a graduate of the Glasgow School of Art and a native of the city, said: "My brief from Team Scotland was to come up with a parade uniform that was high on impact and made a real statement, but also had a contemporary feel.

"There will be no mistaking that this is the Scottish team as they proudly step out at the opening ceremony."

Well , she certainly got that bit right ,
Have just be shown copies of official "Press Release" photo's taken at the unveiling and the outfits look absolutely cringeworthy !!!
" proud to step out yes but simply embaressing to wear these clothes none the less " was the comment made by the person who showed me the photo's ( competitor)

:rolleyes:

WeeRussell
07-07-2014, 11:09 AM
This is a Hibs forum.

You mean you didn't care about this at all but still took the time to click into the thread to have a look and even click on reply to make your comment, which was a negative one?

I believe that means you are either lying or trolling :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
07-07-2014, 11:14 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/07/e5a9yped.jpg

:faf:

emerald green
07-07-2014, 11:15 AM
Just my opinion but these outfits are horrible, especially the men's shirts.

Waxy
07-07-2014, 11:15 AM
Nothing wrong with the Hibs strip anyway.

(((Fergus)))
07-07-2014, 11:21 AM

They are the same colour as old ladies' tights

Lewis77
07-07-2014, 12:24 PM
They are bloodcurdlingly bad.

They are very brazen and probably more suited to a gay pride parade but not an opening ceremony of a sporting event.

I can just imagine a room filled with fettes schooled cretins (let's be honest, that's a fair guess as to the background of those in charge) giving the not right designer a pretentious unrealistic brief.

"Yah, we want it to look really vibrant yah! Like really colourful, like really representative of a vibrant and fun Scotland!"

GTF ye f***ing c***s!

WestCoastHibby
07-07-2014, 12:39 PM
I've seen pavement pizzas that look similar. Methinks we have a Scottish Vivien Westwood in the making and BOLD would be apt.
In response to the " this s Hibs forum" brigade. This is relative due the pelters Hibs new strip got.
I too thought it dreadful but watching the team at Innerleithen its not all that bad.......

ScottB
07-07-2014, 02:01 PM
I can just imagine a room filled with fettes schooled cretins (let's be honest, that's a fair guess as to the background of those in charge) giving the not right designer a pretentious unrealistic brief.

"Yah, we want it to look really vibrant yah! Like really colourful, like really representative of a vibrant and fun Scotland!"

GTF ye f***ing c***s!

Pretty much this.

In my experience bad designs come from a bad brief. Either this girl was allowed too much leeway and she's went off the deep end, or, I suspect more likely, she's been working under some pretty tough constraints.

Either way, it's the games staff's job to approve it, so somebody somewhere was clearly delighted with it.

Jones28
07-07-2014, 02:10 PM
Seems as though the designer has been told to go and design something to make us look like the way the rest of the world sees us, rather than something realistic and classy. It's a horrible combination of Disneys "Brave", Mel Gibsons Scottish accent and Brigadoon.

Pete
07-07-2014, 02:20 PM
Nothing wrong with the Hibs strip anyway.

Exactly. Poor thread title.

worcesterhibby
07-07-2014, 07:03 PM

Are we not allowed to be light hearted on this forum anymore ?

heretoday
07-07-2014, 07:18 PM

They are very brazen and probably more suited to a gay pride parade but not an opening ceremony of a sporting event.

GTF ye f***ing c***s!

I think you're off beam there. Not Fettes types. More like Glasgow School of Art. Muriel Gray types.

Gatecrasher
07-07-2014, 07:54 PM
Can you imagine someone walking into a meeting dressed like that then the panel saying YES! that's the person to design our outfits?

heretoday
07-07-2014, 08:49 PM
Actually, I reckon the outfits are good.

Mention of The Games so far arouses such unalloyed tedium in me that anything off the wall like this is a relief.

Are the athletes etc going to be performing in this ensemble? I'd pay folding money to see that.

Just imagine the late great David Coleman commentating too!

"And a hop, step and Oh My Goodness the Scotsman reveals a little more than he meant there!"

H18 SFR
07-07-2014, 09:08 PM

They look like something from the Hunger Games with us being the ****tiest district.

LaMotta
07-07-2014, 09:11 PM

Nothing wrong with the thread title!

Lewis77
07-07-2014, 09:33 PM
I think you're off beam there. Not Fettes types. More like Glasgow School of Art. Muriel Gray types.

The designer perhaps but not those in charge.

Tinribs
07-07-2014, 09:53 PM
Don't know how to express my feelings towards this calamity, it makes me almost ashamed to be Scottish.

As someone else said, this is how a lot of the world think of us anyway, and for us to perpetuate the shortbread tin myth YET again makes my pee boil. But i am looking forward to the games, i just love sport :agree:

MWHIBBIES
07-07-2014, 10:03 PM

GTF ye f***ing c***s!Don't get that fence stuck up yer erse, tell us what you really think :greengrin

snooky
07-07-2014, 11:46 PM
Rob Roy goes to Matalan :sick:

Mixu62
08-07-2014, 12:32 AM
What the hell do you call that shade of blue? And the women look like their outfit has been modelled on Great Uncle Bulgaria from the wombles.

weecounty hibby
08-07-2014, 06:40 AM
I like it! It was a bit of a wow wtf moment at first but i now think its ok. I was a baton bearer and at first i thought that the uniform for that was pretty bad, but it also grew on me. Events like the Commonwealth Games are massive around the world and one third of the worlds population will be represented at them. Everyone in Scotland should be proud that they are here and that so far everything, including these outfits i think, has shown Scotland in a good light

proud_and_green
08-07-2014, 06:45 AM
Looks like Scotland has just won the competition to become the team that everyone says in the opening parade "wtf are they wearing". There is always one team and this year it must have been Scotland's turn, at least we won't have to do it again for quite some time!

Brightside
08-07-2014, 07:57 AM
Athletes have been warned not to mention it on social media OR their tea will be oot.

Waxy
08-07-2014, 08:06 AM
It's mingbog

Austinho
08-07-2014, 08:44 AM
I like it! It was a bit of a wow wtf moment at first but i now think its ok. I was a baton bearer and at first i thought that the uniform for that was pretty bad, but it also grew on me. Events like the Commonwealth Games are massive around the world and one third of the worlds population will be represented at them. Everyone in Scotland should be proud that they are here and that so far everything, including these outfits i think, has shown Scotland in a good lightNah.

weecounty hibby
08-07-2014, 01:27 PM
Nah.

A well thought out and intelligent reply. Thanks for sharing your insightful view