PDA

View Full Version : Borrowed from Hibs Facebook .. Chat to George Craig by one of the guys .worth a read

Hibs7
06-07-2014, 06:36 PM
I asked LD as she walked past me where Scott Robertson was and why he wasn't in the squad. She called George over who was more than happy to talk to me, he basically said that Scott and Heff are not quite ready to play yet which is fair enough but he then went on to explain to me how they are trying to change the whole philosophy at the club in terms of players fitness, diet, training regimes etc and that so far every player to a man has bought into the new way of doing things. He told me that one of the senior players has already told him that even in the 2 weeks since pre-season started that the whole mood around the players and in the dressing room has improved greatly since last season and they are all very much happier now. I asked him if the methods used by TB and MM were possibly not the best way to get the most out of the players. He reckoned that their methods are years out of date in terms of psychological and physical conditioning and he wasn't surprised that they failed so badly. After talking to him and LD together at one point I am much more optimistic about the new season ahead. They are both fiercely committed to turning round the fortunes of our beloved club and I believe that given time they will do exactly that. GC said it won't happen overnight but I think that the changes that have already been implemented are only the start of a journey that will hopefully have our club back where it should be, fighting it out at the top of the premiership and hopefully winning the odd trophy. The future is bright.

Peevemor
06-07-2014, 06:40 PM
Sounds good. We'll just have to wait and see.

Billychaotic182
06-07-2014, 07:09 PM
Very promising

Jonnyboy
06-07-2014, 07:17 PM
All good to hear :aok:

Smartie
06-07-2014, 08:17 PM
It all sounds a bit like the start of Mowbray's era.

Hopefully it continues in the same way.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-07-2014, 08:52 PM
No point in having a Porche if you only take it to the shops and don't get it serviced...

Absurd things have have taken this long but we are where we are.

Eyrie
06-07-2014, 10:16 PM
Sports science is the way forward, so it's good to know that we've got someone in place who can implement it.

TheFamous1875
06-07-2014, 11:00 PM
This is all great news. Being in top physical condition should be the basic minimum if you're a professional athlete. Can't wait to see our players running about with pace and using their muscle against the opposition!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nomeancity
06-07-2014, 11:07 PM
Next they'll be telling us that our cunning plan is to score more goals than the opposition. All of this us a bit obvious, why haven't we been doing this for the last 20 years like every other professional club.

TheFamous1875
06-07-2014, 11:23 PM
Next they'll be telling us that our cunning plan is to score more goals than the opposition. All of this us a bit obvious, why haven't we been doing this for the last 20 years like every other professional club.

'Cause for the last 20 years we've been at the hand of an account who knows nothing about football, who didn't even have the business acumen to acquire the services of someone who does.

With Dempster now in, we seem to be at least aspiring to right a lot of easily-fixed wrongs. At least we're now aiming to move on from the last few years of malaise.

monktonharp
06-07-2014, 11:30 PM
:agree:
Next they'll be telling us that our cunning plan is to score more goals than the opposition. All of this us a bit obvious, why haven't we been doing this for the last 20 years like every other professional club.I get a bit suspicious when stuff like this is bandied about. I do though hope ,as every Hibernian fan hopes , that this is not just talk and that we can also do the walk.this great club has almost been dragged through the muck over the last 6-7 years despite the fact that we have been in 2 scottish cup finals on the trot recently. we are now everyone's target as a fall guy, a perennial joke, a club of continual losers who always shoot ourselves in the foot and it has to stop.we must step up to the plate, this season and forget about all the bad luck stories attached to us. we need players, management, fans that can drive us on to be a winning side.

Dashing Bob S
06-07-2014, 11:33 PM
Sports science, sports schmience.

Nothing wrong with a bloody good livener or two, followed by champers in Tiger Lilly's and dancing the night away with the wife of a teammate before having a long liaison with her at her sister's spare room in a flat somewhere in town, then grabbing cab out to a pub in the scheme where you grew up to enjoy a session with some old mates, followed by a racist sing-song, a white pudding supper and a punch up with a group of thugs who earlier tried to be your best mates.

There's goals in that sort of regime. Tons of 'em.

TheFamous1875
06-07-2014, 11:39 PM
I've read a few folk on here saying things along the lines of 'we need guts and fight more than anything' but the truth is we need both. Every poster here I'm sure would display the courage of ten gazelles competing in a gazelle courage competition but it wouldn'ae matter a sook if we all had bellies the size of marshmallow factories and an arse that wouldn't be sufficed by Arthur's Seat if it needed a sit. You need to whole package.

TheFamous1875
06-07-2014, 11:40 PM
Sports science, sports schmience.

Nothing wrong with a bloody good livener or two, followed by champers in Tiger Lilly's and dancing the night away with the wife of a teammate before having a long liaison with her at her sister's spare room in a flat somewhere in town, then grabbing cab out to a pub in the scheme where you grew up to enjoy a session with some old mates, followed by a racist sing-song, a white pudding supper and a punch up with a group of thugs who earlier tried to be your best mates.

There's goals in that sort of regime. Tons of 'em.

By the way, my post wasnae addressed to you. Joe Harper was a fine player in his day!

monktonharp
07-07-2014, 12:24 AM
I asked LD as she walked past me where Scott Robertson was and why he wasn't in the squad. She called George over who was more than happy to talk to me, he basically said that Scott and Heff are not quite ready to play yet which is fair enough but he then went on to explain to me how they are trying to change the whole philosophy at the club in terms of players fitness, diet, training regimes etc and that so far every player to a man has bought into the new way of doing things. He told me that one of the senior players has already told him that even in the 2 weeks since pre-season started that the whole mood around the players and in the dressing room has improved greatly since last season and they are all very much happier now. I asked him if the methods used by TB and MM were possibly not the best way to get the most out of the players. He reckoned that their methods are years out of date in terms of psychological and physical conditioning and he wasn't surprised that they failed so badly. After talking to him and LD together at one point I am much more optimistic about the new season ahead. They are both fiercely committed to turning round the fortunes of our beloved club and I believe that given time they will do exactly that. GC said it won't happen overnight but I think that the changes that have already been implemented are only the start of a journey that will hopefully have our club back where it should be, fighting it out at the top of the premiership and hopefully winning the odd trophy. The future is bright.
I am pleased, that the current squad which dragged us down into this league are happy with the new regime and have decided to play along with things:rolleyes:hope Scott and Heff feel ready to get into the action soon, and I hope the new management remind them that they are paid as professional football players who are expected to do their respective jobs regularly without any days off!. normal people have to turn up for work, normal people might not be fully fit for the day ahead as they might have been up all night wi' the bairn, or might have been at the hospital wi' their elderly uncle until 3am. these are things that I've experienced throughout life.other things like we had nae butter in the fridge never stopped me from going to work in the morning, or backshift or nightshift never stopped me from turning up for my shift. the stuff you mention about Heffernan or Robertson disnae impress me in the slightest. I'm happy, nay overwhelmed, that one of the older players is a lot happier with the recent regime and hope this spreads out to the younger people in the squad.................sorry, meant to add that I don't want to hear anything positive about the new set up, I only want to SEE positive action for the next few months at least.

Spoonjilloun
07-07-2014, 06:24 AM
Robertson said he had tweaked his back in training so he couldn't play on Saturday on his twitter. This was in reply to Tim Clancy asking how preseason was going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibs7
07-07-2014, 06:35 AM
I am pleased, that the current squad which dragged us down into this league are happy with the new regime and have decided to play along with things:rolleyes:hope Scott and Heff feel ready to get into the action soon, and I hope the new management remind them that they are paid as professional football players who are expected to do their respective jobs regularly without any days off!. normal people have to turn up for work, normal people might not be fully fit for the day ahead as they might have been up all night wi' the bairn, or might have been at the hospital wi' their elderly uncle until 3am. these are things that I've experienced throughout life.other things like we had nae butter in the fridge never stopped me from going to work in the morning, or backshift or nightshift never stopped me from turning up for my shift. the stuff you mention about Heffernan or Robertson disnae impress me in the slightest. I'm happy, nay overwhelmed, that one of the older players is a lot happier with the recent regime and hope this spreads out to the younger people in the squad.................sorry, meant to add that I don't want to hear anything positive about the new set up, I only want to SEE positive action for the next few months at least.

Don't shoot the messenger. But I agree to a certain extent. Bad managers do not get good performances out of employees ... And you have to start somewhere and LD and GC seem to be starting from the basics and working up, which to me seems sensible..

Brightside
07-07-2014, 06:58 AM
Robertson back in training today. The information from the OP matches what ive been told via players. Butcher and Malpas were like something from the 1980s. The hoof ball was a tactic as they thought the players werent good enough to pass it.

Phil D. Rolls
07-07-2014, 07:29 AM
Sports science is the way forward, so it's good to know that we've got someone in place who can implement it.

Computers, thing eh the future.

Alex Miller was the manager 20 years ago, and the team was very fit.

'Cause for the last 20 years we've been at the hand of an account who knows nothing about football, who didn't even have the business acumen to acquire the services of someone who does.

With Dempster now in, we seem to be at least aspiring to right a lot of easily-fixed wrongs. At least we're now aiming to move on from the last few years of malaise.

Not fact.

--------
07-07-2014, 10:16 AM
By the way, my post wasnae addressed to you. Joe Harper was a fine player in his day!

No he wisnae. He was a wee fat useless waste of space. How many times do I have to tell you? :devil:

Now Willie Hamilton - there was a man who knew all there was to know about sports conditioning.

Three-four pints immediately before the game - sweat them out in the first half - a Fowler's Wee Heavy at half-time, and a hat-trick in the second half nae problem.

Willie's wearing the number 10. Check out 1.35.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Z0Qa7sjDg

"Willie was one of these tremendously talented players, but he needed a lot of discipline. And he was frightened of Big Jock."

Couldn't have said it better myself, Pat.

Regarding the actual subject matter of this thread, thatnks to Hibs7 for posting this. Sounds very promising. What Craig had to say about Butcherism and its effects simply confirms what I had heard from another good source - to put it in a nutshell, TB and MM haven't a freakin clue.

And I'm sure that if Dempster, Craig or Stubbs needs someone to come along to give the players an inspirational address before the big cup-tie, they'll now know who to call on .... :wink:

Lester B
07-07-2014, 11:23 AM
No he wisnae. He was a wee fat useless waste of space. How many times do I have to tell you? :devil:

Now Willie Hamilton - there was a man who knew all there was to know about sports conditioning.

Three-four pints immediately before the game - sweat them out in the first half - a Fowler's Wee Heavy at half-time, and a hat-trick in the second half nae problem.

Willie's wearing the number 10. Check out 1.35.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Z0Qa7sjDg

"Willie was one of these tremendously talented players, but he needed a lot of discipline. And he was frightened of Big Jock."

Couldn't have said it better myself, Pat.

Regarding the actual subject matter of this thread, thatnks to Hibs7 for posting this. Sounds very promising. What Craig had to say about Butcherism and its effects simply confirms what I had heard from another good source - to put it in a nutshell, TB and MM haven't a freakin clue.

And I'm sure that if Dempster, Craig or Stubbs needs someone to come along to give the players an inspirational address before the big cup-tie, they'll now know who to call on .... :wink:

Ah willie Hamilton. My late old man used to wax lyrical about him. Was talking to pat Stanton recently about Hamilton. When pat was at Celtic they were talking about great players and stein mentioned willie. A few of the younger players didn't know about him. Jock apparently was shocked and said 'you all think kenny is a great player but....'

scoopyboy
07-07-2014, 11:55 AM
Brooster was telling me he was in the Union Club before the game and the Hibs fans gave the club a good turn at the bar, the team went back there after the game for a buffet along with the home team.

Stubbs made a point of going over to the buffet and telling the players what they could have and what they couldn't have to eat, he is a very thorough person and I'm getting more impressed the more I hear of the new set up.

The catering staff at East Mains I understand are getting emptied and new people brought in.

I posted earlier on another thread that money is also being spent on East Mains, equipment for the physio room and modern training equipment for the players to give two examples.

Petrie has turned into the invisible man.