PDA

View Full Version : Under 20's league

Billy Whizz
06-07-2014, 12:34 PM
Not sure when it starts, but I've been hearing that you can play 5 over age players this season in it. I think it was 2 or 3 last year.
Must have been some sort of compromise as I know some of the teams wanted a reserve league instead of an under 20 league

Del Boy
06-07-2014, 12:55 PM
Are we still in it? Not sure how it works after relegation!!?

big-mo
06-07-2014, 01:32 PM
We should still be in it this season, the league is made up of any teams in the SPFL who have a U20's team and want to play. Last season, Hamilton, Falkirk and Dunfermline and the lower leagued Rangers all played. There is a change to be introduced with regards of over age players.

As already reported Hibs will not be playing in the East of Scotland league this season.

Jonnyboy
06-07-2014, 07:29 PM
Not sure when it starts, but I've been hearing that you can play 5 over age players this season in it. I think it was 2 or 3 last year.
Must have been some sort of compromise as I know some of the teams wanted a reserve league instead of an under 20 league

At the sponsors evening, TB told me this would be the case Billy.

Billy Whizz
06-07-2014, 07:39 PM

Thanks Jonnyboy, was talking to a Raith player today and he was telling me this

R11Loaded
07-07-2014, 10:09 AM

Good chance it's not true then if butcher said it.

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Billy Whizz
07-07-2014, 05:17 PM
We should still be in it this season, the league is made up of any teams in the SPFL who have a U20's team and want to play. Last season, Hamilton, Falkirk and Dunfermline and the lower leagued Rangers all played. There is a change to be introduced with regards of over age players.

As already reported Hibs will not be playing in the East of Scotland league this season.
Mo, any idea where Hibs are going to be playing these games next season? Livingston or do we had another new home for them?
2nd game of the season is home to Hearts

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/development-league-fixture-list/

http://spfl.co.uk/reserve-and-youth/development-league/

Back Lounge
09-07-2014, 10:51 AM
[QUOTE=Billy Whizz;4089665]Mo, any idea where Hibs are going to be playing these games next season? Livingston or do we had another new home for them?
2nd game of the season is home to Hearts

I'm not Mo, but I heard from a reliable source that the games will be played at Spartans.

oconnors_strip
09-07-2014, 01:55 PM
Home games to be played at Spartans