PDA

View Full Version : Captain

dp00
05-07-2014, 09:02 PM
Did I read that Nelson was captain today ? Does that mean Liam Craig has been stripped of the captaincy ?

Onceinawhile
05-07-2014, 09:06 PM
Did I read that Nelson was captain today ? Does that mean Liam Craig has been stripped of the captaincy ?

Nelson was captain when Craig wasn't playing.

down-the-slope
05-07-2014, 09:07 PM
Nelson Captain for 1st half

Alan was passing instructions through Liam who was on 2nd half - so would not read too much into things at this point

hihohibby
05-07-2014, 10:33 PM
Nelson Captain for 1st half

Alan was passing instructions through Liam who was on 2nd half - so would not read too much into things at this point

I wish this were not true. The thought of him still playing for us, never mind being made captain, is truly shocking. :confused:

HoboHarry
05-07-2014, 11:00 PM
I wish this were not true. The thought of him still playing for us, never mind being made captain, is truly shocking. :confused:
I assume that if he turns in some good performances for a team playing in a different style, that you will of course have the balls to admit that you were wrong to post that comment.

bigwheel
05-07-2014, 11:05 PM
I assume that if he turns in some good performances for a team playing in a different style, that you will of course have the balls to admit that you were wrong to post that comment.

Great point - Perception often lasts longer than reality to many fans ...

monktonharp
05-07-2014, 11:56 PM
Great point - Perception often lasts longer than reality to many fans ...are you a phsycologist?

hihohibby
06-07-2014, 12:10 AM

Being right or wrong does not come into the equation. It's a matter of opinion. I don't rate a player who played a big part in helping take our club down. Should Nelson go onto have a good season, then, of course, he will be praised for his performances.

--------
06-07-2014, 12:11 AM

Craig gave the captain's interview to Sky after the game. He's club captain, Nelson wore the armband when LC wasn't playing.

Time we ALL drew a line under last season and gave a wee bit trust to the new CEO and Head Coach.

And got off the backs of the players too.

Time for a fresh start all round.

MSK
06-07-2014, 12:17 AM
The comment is based on his performances over the whole of last season. Thus it is a fair and valid comment. He had a very poor season. Whatever he does in future will have no baring on my perceptions of him from last season. He let us down time and again. Being right or wrong does not come into it. Of course, I will praise him if he goes onto have a great season. That is normal.He was captain & most experienced player in the team for the first half v a team from the EOSl ..he pissed it ...dilemma for Stubbs as Vale of Leithen have now tabled a six figure sum for him ..that make you feel better ?

hihohibby
06-07-2014, 12:37 AM
He was captain & most experienced player in the team for the first half v a team from the EOSl ..he pissed it ...dilemma for Stubbs as Vale of Leithen have now tabled a six figure sum for him ..that make you feel better ?

Is this true? If so, then you will surely start a new thread, as it would be a scoop that our fellow Hibbies would want to read. At this stage I personally would actually take a six figure sum for Nelson based on last season, where good performances were required but he sadly let us down, time and time again. I'd be one of the first to praise him should he remain with us and put in regular decent performances. As it stands I have only recent history and the facts of that history. The future is unknown, along with his performances.

B.H.F.C
06-07-2014, 12:49 AM
Not convinced anybody in that squad will be captain when the season starts.

Nelson is just nelson, never gonna change or improve at his age. Up to Stubbs to decide if he wants him there. Personally, I'd be surprised if he didn't get a centre half in.

Craig isnt a captain as shown when he went completely missing in the last 12 games of last season when the going got tough. Howeverr, I think he could comfortably get into double figures for us in the championship.

Diclonius
06-07-2014, 01:58 AM
I would make Paul Hanlon captain. His time is now.

BigT-Hibeez
06-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Craig gave the captain's interview to Sky after the game. He's club captain, Nelson wore the armband when LC wasn't playing.

Time we ALL drew a line under last season and gave a wee bit trust to the new CEO and Head Coach.

And got off the backs of the players too.

Time for a fresh start all round.

In my humble opinion, Liam Craig got the Hibs Virus!!! He was signed due to his great form for St Johnstone, then massively underachieved at Hibs.. I feel sorry for the guy, he was so bad as a captain and a player.. Hope he goes before we start this season to be honest, I know he's a decent player, but he was never a captain, and he stinks of all the bad things that got us relegated last season.. I was shocked and disgusted when we dumped McPake and Thommo so quickly after relegation, yet hung on to him, and McGivern etc..

Leitherhibs
06-07-2014, 10:21 AM
I would make Paul Hanlon captain. His time is now.

We've been down that road before, didnt work. Not doubting his merits as a player and hes a really good guy but he simply isnt a captain. Too quiet.

Eyrie
06-07-2014, 12:02 PM
In my humble opinion, Liam Craig got the Hibs Virus!!! He was signed due to his great form for St Johnstone, then massively underachieved at Hibs.. I feel sorry for the guy, he was so bad as a captain and a player.. Hope he goes before we start this season to be honest, I know he's a decent player, but he was never a captain, and he stinks of all the bad things that got us relegated last season.. I was shocked and disgusted when we dumped McPake and Thommo so quickly after relegation, yet hung on to him, and McGivern etc..

Those decisions were based on who was out of contract. If there was any fault then it was in letting Butcher tell the out of contract players that they weren't wanted rather than binning Butcher and telling the out of contract players that no decision could be made until his replacement was appointed. May have found that one or two (eg Thomson) held off signing for another club in the hope of a new deal here from the new man.

Too late now though to do anything other than moan about the decision making process, which is the classic .net tradition :greengrin